Mini Normal 2163: MItGBSMoD [game over!]

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
teacher
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1100  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:56 am

Yoink.

Kerset
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 05, 2019
Location: Europe

Post Post #1101  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:59 am

K:i think that ambulates don't drive along my street
T:och really? Show me prove then!
K:well i checked a camera footage and i didn't see one
T:but you can't point at specific location of the street and prove that ambulaces don't drive it
K:no but i saw vehicles, which go over there and they were not ambulaces
T:but in order to prove that something is not an ambulance you need to show a vehicle
K:so do you want me to show you entire footage or what?
#teamexile

teacher
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1102  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:02 am

K: andres doesn’t follow his claimed mindset
T: show me andres not following his claimed mindset.
K: here is an instance of Andres not following his claimed mindset. Also how dare you ask......

Datisi
Best Marathon
 
User avatar
Joined: March 28, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1103  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:12 am

please do not publically discuss replacing out, thank you~
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.” ~Menalque

EMITGBSMoD is in day three! | The Coalition: PIFoMP is in day one!

NDMath
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 25, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1104  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:14 am

In post 966, Kerset wrote:
In post 948, NDMath wrote:In post 699, innocentvillager wrote:
{plus, ydrasse, menal}
{shelly, andres}
{Taylor}
{ndmath, bob, kerset, Saudade, osuka}
{teacher}

This readlist looks like what I expected it to, which I think is slightly town indicative.

Why did you pick this particular readlist to judge? Do you know him very well or something?

It was the readlist which made me go "I have an opinion on that."

In post 743, Kerset wrote:
In post 617, Menalque wrote:Actually wait, another thing @andres, why do you like osuka so far?

This is like a universal question that everyone should ask themselves deeply in heart

In post 1080, Kerset wrote:
In post 1079, teacher wrote:
In post 1078, Kerset wrote:
In post 1076, innocentvillager wrote:kerset can you like provide some content though

If you want to talk about something then ask me about it directly.

kk -- why are you still on what reads as a lol-vote? What are your 4 best reads, either way, out of rand?

I prefer to use a vote as either follow up to the line of though of pressure or actually executing someone and neither of this condition was triggered recently. I don't think i could confidently pull 4 names, which i won't change mind about over 2 days. By definition of day 1 people, when people make calls, which are random and utilized to determine associations. Two green ones would be mena and osuka, two red would be andre and iv,

What changed your osuka read between these two posts?

Kerset
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 05, 2019
Location: Europe

Post Post #1105  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:14 am

-Look! In this quote he didn't use such methodology!
>But kerset you can't prove that person doesn't use methodology just because they didn't use it one particular time.
-Yea, i guess it makes 0 sense to prove it in such way.
#teamexile

Kerset
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 05, 2019
Location: Europe

Post Post #1106  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:23 am

In post 1104, NDMath wrote:What changed your osuka read between these two posts?

Nothing really. Osuka doesn't give a reason to be liked but if you think about "what is scum currently doing" "what could be scum agenda" then with each scenario osuka doesn't appear as associated with anyone.
#teamexile

innocentvillager
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 12, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1107  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:27 am

In post 1103, Datisi wrote:please do not publically discuss replacing out, thank you~


ahh sorry forgot about this rule

teacher
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1108  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:32 am

In post 1105, Kerset wrote:-Look! In this quote he didn't use such methodology!
>But kerset you can't prove that person doesn't use methodology just because they didn't use it one particular time.
-Yea, i guess it makes 0 sense to prove it in such way.

Is this just preemptive defensiveness? I haven’t even gone to the source you cited yet (and don’t plan to for a bit, much less disagreed with your take on it. How is this relevant at all?

Bottom line, you made a claim, and obviously should have some reason for it, ya? So what’s the issue with asking for a more specific basis to evaluate it? Just cause you’re apparently willing to “whatever your quote was” read all of 2023 doesn’t mean I am, so asking for a narrower scope is bad faith how?

teacher
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: DC-area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1109  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:34 am

Nd math, that’s a pretty narrow post to reenter with. What would you say is your availability generally? What are your own takes? Etc.

Andresvmb
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2020
Location: NJ, USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1110  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:50 am

@Teacher, I don’t think you’re going to get anywhere by arguing that specific point with Kerset. It’s almost as if they’re arguing that 1. I have stated a method by which I go about catching Scum here that is pretty narrow, and 2. since I haven’t been completely faithful to it here or elsewhere, 3. I’m bullshitting and therefore Scum. This seems to be the logic yes? I do tend to think that on average Scum tend to be less active than Town, particularly in the early game. Does this apply to everyone? Of course not, that would be ridiculous. Faking Scum (and Town bunting) is not easy, and takes a lot of effort and practice. And some people truly never get there. That was my simple argument. Is this the only way I go about trying to figure out what is going on? No. You can see that in my other games here, obviously. What I don’t understand is why this seems to be Scummy to Kerset. That’s what I don’t understand.

The meta argument is obviously horrendous. Bob, Menalque, IV, shellyc and plusJOYED have already seen me play Town at least once, and Menalque knows me decently well. Just ask them if their perceptions of my play fit with what Kerset is arguing.

Andresvmb
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2020
Location: NJ, USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1111  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:52 am

^(and Town) hunting*

Andresvmb
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2020
Location: NJ, USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1112  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:57 am

I claimed Miller in my 10th post, on the first day I really started posting and engaging with this game. It wasn’t the first thing that came out of my mouth, but it wasn’t “late”. If I was claiming Miller D2, by all means go ahead and call it late.

Andresvmb
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2020
Location: NJ, USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1113  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:40 am

In post 996, teacher wrote:
In post 995, Saudade wrote:
In post 993, teacher wrote:Saud you want to sell me on your iv townread?

You think IV is more scum than Kerset?

Nope, didn’t say that. Just said I’m super conflicted. I want people to give me reasons why they are one way or another so that I can try their thoughts on for size since I can’t seem to fit my own. Maybe it’s the absurd comment that they don’t have scumreads or case — without seeing the mindset trajectory, reading the slot is hard for me.

I have been thinking about this. This is what I’ve been seeing from IV. I’ll state upfront that if I see conclusions and/or interesting takes where I can see the thought process, then I tend to get comfortable with a player (at least as a starting point).
- IV’s take on Ydrasse is flatly stated and I agree.
- I like this take, and would absolutely agree that Saudade v. Kerset is probably not SvS. In my view, the conflict between Saudade and Kerset does not read like distancing, and Saudade is actively trying to court votes onto Kerset in {Ydrasse, IV}.
- I don’t like that IV makes the effort to point out that they have a Tayl0r read that is a hot take (which was a Town Lean). Having said that, I do very much understand where the plusJOYED read is coming from. It is precisely this sort of thing that’s creating a conflict in my head, because there are a lot of posts I would traditionally find Scummy from plus.
- This vibes decently well with my reads (outside of plus).
- This adds to the read about plusJOYED and I think it’s reasonable.
- This is also a good comment, and IV seems to be constantly probing and reevaluating reads.

osuka
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2017
Location: with my scumpartners
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1114  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:55 am

In post 1080, Kerset wrote:
In post 1079, teacher wrote:
In post 1078, Kerset wrote:
In post 1076, innocentvillager wrote:kerset can you like provide some content though

If you want to talk about something then ask me about it directly.

kk -- why are you still on what reads as a lol-vote? What are your 4 best reads, either way, out of rand?

I prefer to use a vote as either follow up to the line of though of pressure or actually executing someone and neither of this condition was triggered recently. I don't think i could confidently pull 4 names, which i won't change mind about over 2 days. By definition of day 1 people, when people make calls, which are random and utilized to determine associations. Two green ones would be mena and osuka, two red would be andre and iv,

Why am I green? Why is iv red?
"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka

Andresvmb
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2020
Location: NJ, USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1115  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:57 am

In post 1063, PlusJOYED wrote:i don't wanna vote kerset his avi is cute

I want more from you than just this kind of nonsense. You seem to have dramatically reduced the actual content in your posts following some criticism about your thought process. Where are you right now? I believe you said Kerset was a slight Town Lean. Can you provide an update?

Andresvmb
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2020
Location: NJ, USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1116  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:00 pm

I see plus is on VLA until tomorrow. Hopefully I get some response by then.

PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 21, 2020
Location: USA Midwest (CT time)
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1117  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:06 pm

you will not

Andresvmb
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2020
Location: NJ, USA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1118  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:18 pm

Any particular reason why?

Kerset
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 05, 2019
Location: Europe

Post Post #1119  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:33 pm

In post 1114, osuka wrote:Why am I green? Why is iv red?

, iv has natural curiousness. He question people and try to figure out how they think. Here i could draw kind of curve, he started normally as i recall town him but overtime it vanished. He turned to post in narrator style like 'i think' 'i feel' 'i don't think', like he would get tired of mimicking.
#teamexile

osuka
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2017
Location: with my scumpartners
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1120  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:47 pm

i posted that before i saw 1106 but let's go back to iv

wouldn't you say that natural curiousness is a towny trait rather than a scummy one?
"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka

Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 27, 2020
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1121  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:06 pm

In post 1096, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1093, shellyc wrote:quick check-in here

I've speedread things
teacher looks quite town
kerset's recent responses are a plus in terms of town points but im still leaning scum there

Shelly walk me through why you are assigning Town points to Kerset for recent responses.

yeah this. the last couple pages have made me

[v]kerset[v]

L-1

Kerset
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 05, 2019
Location: Europe

Post Post #1122  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:09 pm

In post 1120, osuka wrote:wouldn't you say that natural curiousness is a towny trait rather than a scummy one?

yes it is and it was present in his towngame, the fact it disappeared is my concern
#teamexile

Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 27, 2020
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1123  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:12 pm

oh uh VOTE: kerset

Saudade
Moment of Brilliance
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1124  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:26 pm

VOTE: unvote

adding UNVOTE: for the vote counter to understand
Last edited by Datisi on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When will you realize, Vienna waits for you

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to New York