Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Isis »

Hectic is your WIM higher as town or scum

your wim for this game seems too high
it's just a dannflor micro
idk i've enjoyed it but i haven't felt like it's engendered WIM? this game has only seemed interesting when i've been nightphased/dead other games and i want to project that other people should be as apathetic as I am if they share my alignment. Farren gets lots of pass cause i'm pretty sure he's only aive in this game. Morning Tweet is obvtowning by caring about her education and livelihood more than this game, which is really a bridge too far I try to put even my boringest mafia games ahead of my livelihood
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:02 am

Post by tea leaves »

I love the playerlist and dynamic for this game. My ideal game is one where I can just say whatever I want and not have to be wary of any toxicity/rage fights happening elsewhere. Also, I guess I just have a general distaste for "harsh" players. The ones that always push back really hard and aggressively when you suspect them, which is actually +wincon for them regardless of alignment, but just often leads to kind of unpleasant interactions and gamestates. RC made an article about it recenlty. This game lacks any of those, and I feel I can just voice my suspicions freely without being bitten or anything.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2474, tea leaves wrote:That's some interesting theory though, Isis. I know Ank was huge on that, like the Blake Belladonna account was solely focused on acting 100% confident on scumreads and just getting people to sheep them. She was pretty successful.
Ank said Blake Belladonna was a failed experiment and retired the account. She said she came up with exception type reasons to play the account one or two more times.
I think the point of the Blake Belladonna confidence stuff was expressing her alignment a certain way and not using doubts as a gamepiece in playing the dayplay, not an actual tool for maximizing the frequency with which she got her preferred wagon.
I think emphasizing one's own certainty is not actually a key to persuasion, especially contrasted with how much it seems to be.

anyway
I definitely want to run interference if anyone says I view mafia similar to how Alyssa does.
I'm pretty sure we're from different planets
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2475, Isis wrote:Hectic is your WIM higher as town or scum

idk i've enjoyed it but i haven't felt like it's engendered WIM? this game has only seemed interesting when i've been nightphased/dead other games and i want to project that other people should be as apathetic as I am if they share my alignment. Farren gets lots of pass cause i'm pretty sure he's only aive in this game. Morning Tweet is obvtowning by caring about her education and livelihood more than this game, which is really a bridge too far I try to put even my boringest mafia games ahead of my livelihood
I am actively avoiding reading the first 4 books of the Odyssey as well doing an english paper atm in favour of reading Your Nightmare
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:03 am

Post by tea leaves »

Ignoring your toxic attack on me earlier ofc. I'm pretending that didn't happen in the hopes Dann hasn't noticed and won't force replace us.
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:05 am

Post by tea leaves »

In post 2477, Isis wrote:
In post 2474, tea leaves wrote:That's some interesting theory though, Isis. I know Ank was huge on that, like the Blake Belladonna account was solely focused on acting 100% confident on scumreads and just getting people to sheep them. She was pretty successful.
Ank said Blake Belladonna was a failed experiment and retired the account. She said she came up with exception type reasons to play the account one or two more times.
I think the point of the Blake Belladonna confidence stuff was expressing her alignment a certain way and not using doubts as a gamepiece in playing the dayplay, not an actual tool for maximizing the frequency with which she got her preferred wagon.
I think emphasizing one's own certainty is not actually a key to persuasion, especially contrasted with how much it seems to be.

anyway
I definitely want to run interference if anyone says I view mafia similar to how Alyssa does.
Oh, IC, I didn't know that.

I did find her varying playstyles across her alts really interesting.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Bell »

VOTE: guiltylion
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Isis »

RC is one of the people who plays mafia that way the most. Don't think that makes him hypocritical for writing an article tho it's kind of like, i strategically foul 3 pt shots but I would love some consistency on how refs police intentional 3 pt foul shots, or whatever
it's a broad topic

uh maybe you're not looking forward to meeting LLD the way you think you are lol
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2478, Morning Tweet wrote:

I am actively avoiding reading the first 4 books of the Odyssey as well doing an english paper atm in favour of reading Your Nightmare
Hectic and I agree that you should abandon reading Your Nightmare in order to play Mario Odyssey.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2481, Bell wrote:VOTE: guiltylion
pasa el rato conmigo amigo
"Well, I..."
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:08 am

Post by tea leaves »

In post 2483, Isis wrote:
In post 2478, Morning Tweet wrote:

Hectic and I agree that you should abandon reading Your Nightmare in order to play Mario Odyssey.
+1

I respect the commitment to reading books on strategies before playing the game btw. Power to you, Morning.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2480, tea leaves wrote:
In post 2477, Isis wrote:

anyway
Oh, IC, I didn't know that.

I did find her varying playstyles across her alts really interesting.
Yshtola was really interesting, I miss yshtola
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Isis »

I'm kind of surprised Morning Tweet is taking english classes her english is really good, probably better than mine
"Well, I..."
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:09 am

Post by tea leaves »

In post 2482, Isis wrote:RC is one of the people who plays mafia that way the most. Don't think that makes him hypocritical for writing an article tho it's kind of like, i strategically foul 3 pt shots but I would love some consistency on how refs police intentional 3 pt foul shots, or whatever
it's a broad topic

uh maybe you're not looking forward to meeting LLD the way you think you are lol
Yeah, honestly, I find RC really interesting but I've never been a huge fan of the way he plays. I didn't realise LLD was the same way %_%
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

So it seems like you managed to keep the entire game in your PoE (even some paranoia posts towards Dann who was your #1/#2 townread). You also buddied Isis really hard.

it is also probably fair to note that your order of players in your reads didnt change much, especially the upper half
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:11 am

Post by tea leaves »

In post 2486, Isis wrote:Yshtola was really interesting, I miss yshtola
Y'shtola was my favourite! Funny that Ank mentioned it was basically her troll alt, but the RP combined with the way she cryptically explained her reads was amazing.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2489, Morning Tweet wrote:So it seems like you managed to keep the entire game in your PoE (even some paranoia posts towards Dann who was your #1/#2 townread). You also buddied Isis really hard.

it is also probably fair to note that your order of players in your reads didnt change much, especially the upper half
I didn't buddy him back in the game thread, but my secret special strategy was to pocket him using the scum PT. It was extremely next-level
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2490, tea leaves wrote:
Y'shtola was my favourite! Funny that Ank mentioned it was basically her troll alt, but the RP combined with the way she cryptically explained her reads was amazing.
should Lash try to play until she rolls town, or would that be an abomination no one deserves to endure

leaning the latter
"Well, I..."
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:13 am

Post by tea leaves »

In post 2489, Morning Tweet wrote:So it seems like you managed to keep the entire game in your PoE (even some paranoia posts towards Dann who was your #1/#2 townread). You also buddied Isis really hard.

Really? I recall not expressing a scumread on anyone other than George for the entirety of D2. I just made some comments on the others but didn't really call anyone scum for any reasons. Paranoiey jokey posts are different imo.

The main contrast there though is the level of my thoughts and solving compared to here.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2487, Isis wrote:I'm kind of surprised Morning Tweet is taking english classes her english is really good, probably better than mine
english is my only halfway decent subject, im surprised that shows up in mafia though
tea leaves
tea leaves
Goon
tea leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:13 am

Post by tea leaves »

In post 2492, Isis wrote:
should Lash try to play until she rolls town, or would that be an abomination no one deserves to endure

leaning the latter
Do it. I'll even RP The Beast whenever I interact with her.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2476, tea leaves wrote:I love the playerlist and dynamic for this game. My ideal game is one where I can just say whatever I want and not have to be wary of any toxicity/rage fights happening elsewhere. Also, I guess I just have a general distaste for "harsh" players. The ones that always push back really hard and aggressively when you suspect them, which is actually +wincon for them regardless of alignment, but just often leads to kind of unpleasant interactions and gamestates. RC made an article about it recenlty. This game lacks any of those, and I feel I can just voice my suspicions freely without being bitten or anything.
this post had a big delta on my read of this slot ftr.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2495, tea leaves wrote:
In post 2492, Isis wrote:

leaning the latter
Do it. I'll even RP The Beast whenever I interact with her.
wow didn't expect you to nuke my desire to do it this hard
"Well, I..."
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2493, tea leaves wrote:

Really? I recall not expressing a scumread on anyone other than George for the entirety of D2. I just made some comments on the others but didn't really call anyone scum for any reasons. Paranoiey jokey posts are different imo.

The main contrast there though is the level of my thoughts and solving compared to here.
PoE, not townreads, eh whatever

I just felt like i saw beeboy, George, Nahdia all in your consideration and you even spent time being paranoid of like Dann generally consistently
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Isis »

2497 is a little toxic

hopefully this game can be my first forcereplace
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”