Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1673, Menalque wrote:Also I think it should be p obvious that IV and I are never aligned
This is relevant because it makes no sense for both of us as scum to ask about gating on kerset, it would make much more sense for only one member of the scumteam to do so

So you’re left with a world where I’m scum WKing IV for cred, or a world where I’m town and this is a strong defense coming from town

Like there is a chance that IV has pocketed me, which I could maybe believe in a world where he’s exactly scum with teacher or maybe ydrasse but I think that’s unlikely. But unless you think I’m scum then you need to accept there are a lot of good faith reasons to TR IV and I’ve outlined a bunch of them above and those should outweigh a not-even-a-scumslip
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Menalque »

Or break down why my towncase in IV doesn’t make sense
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Menalque »

But either way you need to engage with me on these two things before you keep trying to push IV for the reasons you’re giving because you’re twigging me through this
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Menalque »

Also where in the fuck has saudade gone
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Andresvmb »

^Though I’m not going to judge something being claimed in RL (I take these claims at face value, until such time as players demonstrate that they will use all means necessary to advance themselves in a simple game of Mafia), what *is* curious is that the clarification around the mindset came after the slip was highlighted. And you could make a case that it makes it more likely for the slip to actually be a thing, since a Scum player in the right mindset probably ensures not to post something on the main thread that was meant for the Scum PT.

Look, we can debate this until the cows come home, but I am not letting this one go. IV is clearly now a controversial slot. I would never trust IV in any late state situation in this game. So, I would rather eliminate the slot sooner rather than later. If IV is Town, the slip and everything that came around it will be used to the advantage of Scum later.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1675, Menalque wrote:
In post 1673, Menalque wrote:Also I think it should be p obvious that IV and I are never aligned
This is relevant because it makes no sense for both of us as scum to ask about gating on kerset, it would make much more sense for only one member of the scumteam to do so

So you’re left with a world where I’m scum WKing IV for cred, or a world where I’m town and this is a strong defense coming from town

Like there is a chance that IV has pocketed me, which I could maybe believe in a world where he’s exactly scum with teacher or maybe ydrasse but I think that’s unlikely. But unless you think I’m scum then you need to accept there are a lot of good faith reasons to TR IV and I’ve outlined a bunch of them above and those should outweigh a not-even-a-scumslip
Okay but you’ll notice that what I’m arguing is that you might actually be the one that was supposed to ask, and IV was simply supposed to sit in the background while commenting that in fact the reaction by Kerset does make them think that Kerset is gated. And then they said I’m delirious ignore me.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Andresvmb »

^This doesn’t have to be with you necessarily actually. It could be that they saw that you were asking and had commentary around it in the Scum PT. But it also works assuming you as the Partner.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I won’t be arguing against your Town case for IV. In fact, I made a long case as to why I thought IV was Town earlier, you might recall. So yeah, there’s a lot in the game to back the position that IV is Town. But the defense IV put forth for plusJOYED did raise alarm bells in my head, because I am very negative on the slot.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:54 am

Post by innocentvillager »

my hero
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:55 am

andres is my new top townread and mena is getting up there for sure
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:56 am

UNVOTE: kerset

I do kinda feel like I should eat rope today for reasons stated of me just getting to LYLO and getting absolutely fucked

like if there isn’t anyone we feel strongly about I should probably be the one to go, ate here sorry not sorry but it’s probably true
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1679, Andresvmb wrote:And you could make a case that it makes it more likely for the slip to actually be a thing,
since a Scum player in the right mindset probably ensures not to post something on the main thread that was meant for the Scum PT.

Look, we can debate this until the cows come home, but I am not letting this one go.
IV is clearly now a controversial slot. I would never trust IV in any late state situation in this game. So, I would rather eliminate the slot sooner rather than later.
If IV is Town, the slip and everything that came around it will be used to the advantage of Scum later.
(1) i have straight up never seen someone scumslip from scum PT into main thread. In a neighbourhood thread, sure, or s different scum PT. never into main thread

(2) this is terrible logic? I’m sorry, but it is. IV is a controversial slot in large part because
you’re
pushing so hard that this is a real scumslip and ignoring/avoiding all the reasons for him to be town (in my towncase which didn’t take long to make because there’s plenty there and which you’re largely sidestepping). There’s no reason to think he won’t be redeemable by lategame or that he’ll still be controversial, and the only reason he’ll still be controversial or whatever is if you can’t look beyond what isn’t a scumslip to engage with his content beyond that
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1679, Andresvmb wrote:And you could make a case that it makes it more likely for the slip to actually be a thing,
since a Scum player in the right mindset probably ensures not to post something on the main thread that was meant for the Scum PT.

Look, we can debate this until the cows come home, but I am not letting this one go.
IV is clearly now a controversial slot. I would never trust IV in any late state situation in this game. So, I would rather eliminate the slot sooner rather than later.
If IV is Town, the slip and everything that came around it will be used to the advantage of Scum later.
(1) i have straight up never seen someone scumslip from scum PT into main thread. In a neighbourhood thread, sure, or s different scum PT. never into main thread

(2) this is terrible logic? I’m sorry, but it is. IV is a controversial slot in large part because
you’re
pushing so hard that this is a real scumslip and ignoring/avoiding all the reasons for him to be town (in my towncase which didn’t take long to make because there’s plenty there and which you’re largely sidestepping). There’s no reason to think he won’t be redeemable by lategame or that he’ll still be controversial, and the only reason he’ll still be controversial or whatever is if you can’t look beyond what isn’t a scumslip to engage with his content beyond that
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:58 am

if I had more time to go back and reread for lots of interactions and shit I would probably fight a little harder to stay alive but tbh mafia is draining on my RL and I don’t hate the idea of taking one for the team and peacing
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Menalque »

Like you’re actively creating a world where IV has to be eliminated for being “controversial”. It’s circular logic if you can’t explain why the reasons for the “scumslip” being a scumslip are stronger than those for it (1) not being that and (2) being outweighed by the rest of his posting
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Ydrasse »

here is the towngame that iv and i played together that i'm gonna be reading through now if anyone cares to read it too.

ignore my scumplay.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1685, innocentvillager wrote:UNVOTE: kerset

I do kinda feel like I should eat rope today for reasons stated of me just getting to LYLO and getting absolutely fucked

like if there isn’t anyone we feel strongly about I should probably be the one to go, ate here sorry not sorry but it’s probably true
PlusJOYED? Did the wind just whisper PlusJOYED? Or osuka? The wind is saying both of those names to me
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i am going to give iv the benefit of the doubt just for a little bit while i try to chip through this game in full again, because if kerset is real and that wasn't a slip i feel kind of lost now, i'd probably vote plus i guess but i don't know for sure
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:00 pm

i don’t scumread osuka

if everyone is hating on plusjoyed it is *possible* I am wrong for sure but I would need to reread, idk if I’m going to though
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Menalque »

Ydrasse what are your thoughts on osuka?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1693, innocentvillager wrote:i don’t scumread osuka
okay what do you think then?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Alright now I have doubts that the slip is what it is. Great Menalque you are succeeding. I’m just annoyed now. Like why?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

VOTE: plusJOYED
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Menalque »

Because scumslips are far more often from town and sorry but I don’t want to guillo IV today when there are like 5 slots minimum that I think are scummier than him /on play/
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i was voting them a good while ago before i was swayed to the nefarious kerset wagon

i switched over to kerset because i didn't think my vote was gonna do anything in the way of pressure on osuka but i can't remember anything /recently/ that made me go ??

i also have been checked out a lil bit since the kerset wagon picked up steam though and not doing as thorough of a job as i should so i'll revisit that slot
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”