Silent Star 2: Menagerie

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 447, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 444, drusilla wrote:
In post 442, drusilla wrote:it's scummy that you didn't try to communicate with other players beyond 'cute tiger gif' and then cared about the votes and what would happen if we didn't reach consensus. like that's pretty straightforward to me.
and then after the first condemnation the first thing i tried to do was ask your opinion on direction to go in, because you had already been condemned, so it's super useful information. and you didn't respond despite multiple attempts and just continued 'cute gif' 'random clicks' until we voted for plusjoyed, and then you cared about the game again.
because I didn't know what to do. People literally just threw me in a cage and said hey this guy is probly scum, you really think first thing on my mind after that happens is "well time to get the town to listen to me now"?
Uh I think that is adjacent to a green reaction to getting treestumped, yes

I get this impression that you adopted a strategy or lack thereof that would work a lot better if the post restriction was going to last all game and it's like you're caught unawares now

cause like what's really weird is that the best explanation for you derping day2 would be detachment and feeling ostracized by the day1 decision, but then you didn't open up this phase with any sort of whining consistent with that, you started of super solvey instead.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Isis »

drusilla turning out to be a shiki alt that is also a dr. dolittle is such a curveball pitch
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 449, drusilla wrote:
In post 446, drusilla wrote:who to vote for? for instance. if you care about the lack of consensus votes helping to develop a consensus seems the correct course of action. do you not think anyone was trying to communicate about the game?
like if you're town you'd help develop a consensus. i think mafia would be far more likely to say, hey look we need to do this. instead of doing it.
In post 447, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:because I didn't know what to do. People literally just threw me in a cage and said hey this guy is probly scum, you really think first thing on my mind after that happens is "well time to get the town to listen to me now"?
i was listening to you. in fact i asked you, twice, which direction you thought we should go in.
I didn't know you were listening to me, you literally just led my lynch-wagon I thought I was dead
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Isis »

YDRASSE DID YOU UNDERSTAND MISO THE DRAGON
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Isis »

i blindsheeped drusilla twice because i thought the post restriction would last all game and I thought I would never develop another read of remotely similar quality for the rest of the whole game, and I would pick that strategy over again if I could it makes sense to me.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Isis »

is drusilla's avatar april ludgate?
"Well, I..."
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Kanna »

i'm sad; i missed 70% of the communications in the game
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 451, Isis wrote:drusilla turning out to be a shiki alt that is also a dr. dolittle is such a curveball pitch
i do not know what this means.
In post 452, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I didn't know you were listening to me, you literally just led my lynch-wagon I thought I was dead
what did you think these posts were trying to communicate?
In post 227, drusilla wrote:
In post 211, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:click click click
In post 197, Hectic wrote:Condemn one more animal
sniff?
In post 250, drusilla wrote:
In post 248, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:click click click!
In post 227, drusilla wrote:
In post 211, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:click click click
In post 197, Hectic wrote:Condemn one more animal
sniff?
In post 1, Hectic wrote:Isis
PookyTheMagicalBear
Kanna
Ydrasse
PlusJOYED
Tayl0r Swift
Not_Mafia
Lokie Dokie
drusilla
sniff?
why are the stars dancing?
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 455, Isis wrote:is drusilla's avatar april ludgate?
it is drusilla from buffy the vampire slayer. if my brain were 'on' the day i /inned i would have made a new account but i became afraid i would miss the signup, which i almost did anyway.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 454, Isis wrote:i blindsheeped drusilla twice because i thought the post restriction would last all game and I thought I would never develop another read of remotely similar quality for the rest of the whole game, and I would pick that strategy over again if I could it makes sense to me.
why was your townread so strong especially considering you said you couldn't understand her?

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 457, drusilla wrote:
In post 451, Isis wrote:drusilla turning out to be a shiki alt that is also a dr. dolittle is such a curveball pitch
i do not know what this means.
it is a surprise
Dr. dolittle is an animal linguist who can understand animals in a movie, the comparison is how you understand more of the animal sounds postings than most people I think.
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:27 pm

In post 457, drusilla wrote:what did you think these posts were trying to communicate?
I thought you were saying we got Pooky let's go get one more
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:28 pm

like I didn't even consider you would want my opinion on who to get next because you kind of drove me into a cage, threw me in and tried to lynch me(I had no idea that condemnation =/= lynch) when you did that to me.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Kanna »

drusilla is playing very much to her town meta btw

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 459, Kanna wrote:
In post 454, Isis wrote:i blindsheeped drusilla twice because i thought the post restriction would last all game and I thought I would never develop another read of remotely similar quality for the rest of the whole game, and I would pick that strategy over again if I could it makes sense to me.
why was your townread so strong especially considering you said you couldn't understand her?
everything is relative, maybe it was like 10% as good a townread as an average one in a post unrestricted game and it would still be the biggest read I'd expect to develop all game.

but the weird series of linked posts seemed to be saying
something

Also the way I was interpreting her WIM was based on having seen her join like 1 or 2 mechanically complex games here or there or somewhere and assuming this was her only account. For someone who isn't multitabling it seemed like it made the least sense for someone with that kind of play profile to stay engaged since the setup was all vanilla and the dayplay is simplified. It's less townindicative thinking of this person as shiki but there's separate reasons now
"Well, I..."
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 460, Isis wrote:it is a surprise
Dr. dolittle is an animal linguist who can understand animals in a movie, the comparison is how you understand more of the animal sounds postings than most people I think.
ah! i understand now. lifetime of struggling to effectively communicate is likely the reasoning for this, which is what i meant by my post earlier.
In post 461, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I thought you were saying we got Pooky let's go get one more
In post 462, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like I didn't even consider you would want my opinion on who to get next because you kind of drove me into a cage, threw me in and tried to lynch me(I had no idea that condemnation =/= lynch) when you did that to me.
oh. hm. i was trying to ask you because that is super useful information to have regardless of your alignment because you had already been condemned, and also seeing what course of action you would take as a player in that position seemed like something that could be evaluated.

i also thought you had been eliminated but it was a weird double day situation where there were no flips until there were two.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Why would having 2 flips make sense? I thought it was obviously a nomination process after it was revealed that I wasn't dead.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 466, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Why would having 2 flips make sense? I thought it was obviously a nomination process after it was revealed that I wasn't dead.
there was a game i played in where there were back to back day phases so i thought it was most likely an adjusted version of that, to still include the eliminated player in more of the game, because of the post restriction and short deadline.
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by drusilla »

i also know that our most excellent moderator is aware of that game.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Kanna »

i think isis is more explainy than last time i played with her

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 pm

ok I've never seen a game where an eliminated player doesn't flip and gets to keep voting, plus the throwing me in a cage instead of killing me made more sense as a nomination mechanic rather than a kill mechanic from the flavor.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:44 pm

The reason I was very suspicious of Isis was because she decided to follow Drusilla both times without question - her explanation of it as because of a 10% townlean or whatever is very shady to me for several reasons-

in a nomination game - you don't want to have one person selecting all the choices -because if you trust the wrong person, all the choices could easily end up bad.

So even if you were to believe Pooky is scum, the 2nd nominated player should be someone who is un-aligned with Pooky considering you can always have Pooky as a choice.

That was what I was trying to communicate when I kept spamming the thread with "again" over and over - it simply doesn't make sense from a TownPoV to be letting the same person drive the condemn-Train "again" - from a neutral POV even if you don't know that I'm town, you should want more options for the next phase - not less.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 469, Kanna wrote:i think isis is more explainy than last time i played with her
Which style do you prefer?
"Well, I..."
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 470, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok I've never seen a game where an eliminated player doesn't flip and gets to keep voting, plus the throwing me in a cage instead of killing me made more sense as a nomination mechanic rather than a kill mechanic from the flavor.
In post 470, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok I've never seen a game where an eliminated player doesn't flip and gets to keep voting, plus the throwing me in a cage instead of killing me made more sense as a nomination mechanic rather than a kill mechanic from the flavor.
i thought the cage was in order to do a ritual of some sort later on, and to explain why you got to continue voting for the time being.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Isis »

I interpreted the game just like drusilla did, with a delayed flip rather a nomination process. From a design perspective it keeps the game on odds
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”