Silent Star 2: Menagerie

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm glad I don't have to feel self-absorbed for thinking I'd be perceived as highly recruitworthy I guess people mostly agreed with that. I was a little worried about it
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Kanna »

regardless of nomination/flip, i think it's still right to consider pooky town for the second condemn phase because if he was, we would have a better chance pulling down scum if we went with what he wanted
yet if he was scum, he would pull us town but we would already have one scum caught

it's the best chance to get scum ~in some way~

it crossed my mind earlier so either way i think isis was a very good condemn
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 475, Isis wrote:I'm glad I don't have to feel self-absorbed for thinking I'd be perceived as highly recruitworthy I guess people mostly agreed with that. I was a little worried about it
isis too strong D:

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Kanna »

i also kind of want to bypass wifom and say people would be more likely to choose a partner they like for the fun factor and then try and sell it as "wifom, i wouldn't do that because it's too obvious"

i would certainly do that. i had SO much fun being scum with hectic that one time

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 476, Kanna wrote:regardless of nomination/flip, i think it's still right to consider pooky town for the second condemn phase because if he was, we would have a better chance pulling down scum if we went with what he wanted
yet if he was scum, he would pull us town but we would already have one scum caught

it's the best chance to get scum ~in some way~

it crossed my mind earlier so either way i think isis was a very good condemn
This logic makes sense to me. I am town though
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 474, Isis wrote:I interpreted the game just like drusilla did, with a delayed flip rather a nomination process. From a design perspective it keeps the game on odds
I don't think it would make sense to lynch people d1 with full post restrictions in place from a design standpoint.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:01 pm

and it certainly doesnt make sense to lynch 2 people on d1 with full post restrictions in place imo. I find it very susp that both you and drusilla are now saying that you thought the game mechanics are that way.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 472, Isis wrote:
In post 469, Kanna wrote:i think isis is more explainy than last time i played with her
Which style do you prefer?
i prefer whichever one isis has more fun with!

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Isis »

Selecting both nominees fully post restricted is almost as brutal.

What are the odds of having a scum option? 1-(7/9)(6/8), ~41%
fmpov, much lower, I hope you're scum :/
"Well, I..."
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 476, Kanna wrote:i think it's still right to consider pooky town for the second condemn phase because if he was, we would have a better chance pulling down scum if we went with what he wantedyet if he was scum, he would pull us town but we would already have one scum caught
a lot of this is why i attempted to ask him 'where do we go from here?' which was apparently lost in animal sounds.
In post 481, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:and it certainly doesnt make sense to lynch 2 people on d1 with full post restrictions in place imo. I find it very susp that both you and drusilla are now saying that you thought the game mechanics are that way.
i find it suspicious that you apparently knew the post restrictions would be fully lifted.
why are the stars dancing?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:05 pm

because if the post restrictions weren't lifted it wouldn't even be a mafia game imo
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:06 pm

that's a good point actually

@Hectic - Do the Mafia know the format of the game and whether post restrictions would be lifted?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 481, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:and it certainly doesnt make sense to lynch 2 people on d1 with full post restrictions in place imo. I find it very susp that both you and drusilla are now saying that you thought the game mechanics are that way.
I think you are not faking scumhunting very well. Do you think I fabricate misunderstandings of game mechanics to win mafia games when I roll scum? I tell no more lies than it takes to win as scum as would people of most styles and you're doing wrong/scum conflation
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:07 pm

In post 484, drusilla wrote:i find it suspicious that you apparently knew the post restrictions would be fully lifted.
this is a huge scumtell if the mafia do know the format of the game
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 485, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:because if the post restrictions weren't lifted it wouldn't even be a mafia game imo
bugspray animal sounds dethy is a mafia game. i feel like if everyone put the effort in we could play almost as well with full restrictions. i guess we just differ in opinion there.
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 488, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this is a huge scumtell if the mafia do know the format of the game
yes for you? you just said doesn't make sense to lynch with restrictions in place? like you knew there wouldn't always be restrictions.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:09 pm

In post 487, Isis wrote:
I think you are not faking scumhunting very well. Do you think I fabricate misunderstandings of game mechanics to win mafia games when I roll scum? I tell no more lies than it takes to win as scum as would people of most styles and you're doing wrong/scum conflation

I've never seen a game with the mechanics you both are hypothesizing exist so I find it suspicious that you both came to these conclusions when I thought it would be a different setup.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:10 pm

In post 489, drusilla wrote:bugspray animal sounds dethy is a mafia game. i feel like if everyone put the effort in we could play almost as well with full restrictions. i guess we just differ in opinion there.
ok but do you really put bugspray and hectic in the same mold as a mod?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:11 pm

like imo bugspray and hectic are about as different as they could be and moderators run setups that they think are interesting for the players to play.

I really doubt that Hectic would find it interesting for us to be fully-post-restricted the entire game. I thought there would be some kind of clever twist that would turn this back into a mafia game at some point because it seems pretty pointless to me anyway to play just animal sounds forever.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Isis »

giving the mafia and enhanced level of knowledge about the game is a flavour of bastard I don't think Hectic would do. There are flavours I do think he would do but that's not one (actually I'm not sure whether making a game less mysterious for the scum in that way would be considered bastard, but I don't think Hectic would do it.)

Pooky were you aware of animal sounds dethy and that it was decently popular? I think you weren't active onsite then so that could contribute to perspectives here.

pedit: I've never played a Hectic modded game, I didn't read any of silent star
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:12 pm

In post 490, drusilla wrote:
In post 488, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this is a huge scumtell if the mafia do know the format of the game
yes for you? you just said doesn't make sense to lynch with restrictions in place? like you knew there wouldn't always be restrictions.
I don't think hectic would mod a game with post restrictions in place forever - if the scum have that information independently from the moderator that would be good to know because after I flip green you're definitely next.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 492, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok but do you really put bugspray and hectic in the same mold as a mod?
In post 493, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like imo bugspray and hectic are about as different as they could be and moderators run setups that they think are interesting for the players to play.
i think of both bugspray and hectic very very highly, as i think they both know. they both design the sorts of games i am most drawn to. i guess i don't understand the distinction you're making.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 439, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 426, PlusJOYED wrote:If i was the scum here I would have recruited ydrasse and pushed a taylor elim I think
why taylor, specifically?
they seem to have a weaker town game no offense
this is coming from a guy who plays town like a crackhead
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:14 pm

In post 494, Isis wrote:giving the mafia and enhanced level of knowledge about the game is a flavour of bastard I don't think Hectic would do. There are flavours I do think he would do but that's not one (actually I'm not sure whether making a game less mysterious for the scum in that way would be considered bastard, but I don't think Hectic would do it.)

Pooky were you aware of animal sounds dethy and that it was decently popular? I think you weren't active onsite then so that could contribute to perspectives here.

pedit: I've never played a Hectic modded game, I didn't read any of silent star
i've never played animal sounds dethy and this is the first post restricted game of this kind that I've played - the last time I played post restricted was decade+ ago and those posts just had to rhyme or whatever - it wasn't a full post restriction like we had this game.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by drusilla »

they're two of the three mods i try to join all of the closed setups they run.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”