Silent Star 2: Menagerie

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 433, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 430, PlusJOYED wrote:wait, don't maf recruit only after the first condemnation?
mafia choose before the game started

ill townbin this
In post 437, drusilla wrote:
In post 433, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ill townbin this
eh. i really dislike this kind of thing because i've seen a lot of players as mafia use it to manipulate. it's null at best i think.
@Isis, she’s referring to plusJOYED here not me.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Isis »

oh, wow, did plusJoyed make the same interpretive mistake?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 599, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I mean you could've voted dru or someone on my wagon that you thought was shady? It just felt super weird how you approached C2-phase assuming I was a bad guy instead of assuming I am a good guy :(
hm
I came out of the post restricted phase where I felt there was only one read I could develop so the game simplified down to "protect that one read from her enemies"
Then was poured from that directly into "ok btw no one has posted yet but you or Pooky is gonna die"
and it just kind of felt intuitive to play the game in a simple way?
I doubt that will make you feel better
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by Isis »

idk how I messed up the timelines and poster identity but on review plusJOYED's "townslip" doesn't look as sturdy as Loki's (although since it doesn't look clearly and obviously fake and posts from a frame of reference that's missing knowledge scum would have, it is therefore still +town)
Loki more descriptively described an entire day 1 thought process
Also plusJOYED seems like an alt that might be considerably experienced, Loki Dokie is a player with extremely sporadic activity since joining last year, and the former is more likely to be aware of the science of manufacturing townslips
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 602, Isis wrote:hm
I came out of the post restricted phase where I felt there was only one read I could develop so the game simplified down to "protect that one read from her enemies"
Then was poured from that directly into "ok btw no one has posted yet but you or Pooky is gonna die"
? I'm talking about the 2nd Condemnation Phase when you followed Dru again..
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:13 pm

In post 603, Isis wrote:idk how I messed up the timelines and poster identity but on review plusJOYED's "townslip" doesn't look as sturdy as Loki's (although since it doesn't look clearly and obviously fake and posts from a frame of reference that's missing knowledge scum would have, it is therefore still +town)
Also plusJOYED seems like an alt that might be considerably experienced, Loki Dokie is a player with extremely sporadic activity since joining last year, and the former is more likely to be aware of the science of manufacturing townslips
this is kind of funny that you missed my post about PJ townslipping and Loki commenting on it with knowledge that I had said I can townbin PJ based off the slip.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 604, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 602, Isis wrote:hm
? I'm talking about the 2nd Condemnation Phase when you followed Dru again..
oh
I stand by that play
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 605, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 603, Isis wrote:idk how I messed up the timelines and poster identity but on review plusJOYED's "townslip" doesn't look as sturdy as Loki's (although since it doesn't look clearly and obviously fake and posts from a frame of reference that's missing knowledge scum would have, it is therefore still +town)
this is kind of funny that you missed my post about PJ townslipping and Loki commenting on it with knowledge that I had said I can townbin PJ based off the slip.
are you teasing meeeee
"Well, I..."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

begrudgingly still awake

love u guys
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:23 pm

In post 607, Isis wrote:are you teasing meeeee
yes
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:26 pm

In post 606, Isis wrote:oh
I stand by that play
ok but why would you follow her again?

If Pooky is scum, it doesn't really matter who you nom second - there's really no need to look for Pooky's scumbuddy to put in there with him.

If Pooky is town, you should give him a chance to face his accuser or at the very least let him pick who he thinks is scum so he can 1v1 them at the kill stage of the game.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Isis »

I 100% thought we were voting for another player who would be flipped and die at the same time as you.

When I was hammered I was anxious for a dead PT link I didn't actually get
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Isis »

in hindsight i can see how it would be wiser to work out that prediction but it just didn't cross my mind. I've never played nomination mafia or anything with gladiates that didn't come from an individual PR
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:36 pm

I think even if this was a double-elimination it makes more sense to spread your bets out, target the 2nd elimination under the assumption that Pooky is !Town rather than Pooky is !Scum - it's just the higher EV play imo. I've never played a double-elimination game before but I have played Nomination so my mind immediately jumped to some form of nomination mafia where post restrictions would get lifted. That's why I kept spamming the "again" quote over and over because it really didn't make any sense to me why town would choose to go down the Pooky!scum path again.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

I don’t necessarily see that experience should be a particularly significant factor. Why couldn’t an experienced player have misread it? It wasn’t made clear, I think that much is obvious, so maybe plusJOYED is actually town then?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 613, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think even if this was a double-elimination it makes more sense to spread your bets out, target the 2nd elimination under the assumption that Pooky is !Town rather than Pooky is !Scum - it's just the higher EV play imo. I've never played a double-elimination game before but I have played Nomination so my mind immediately jumped to some form of nomination mafia where post restrictions would get lifted. That's why I kept spamming the "again" quote over and over because it really didn't make any sense to me why town would choose to go down the Pooky!scum path again.
I felt drusilla was town no matter what you flipped, though. She was my top townread if you flipped scum and my top townread if you flipped town. And top was the same as only basically
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 614, Loki Dokie wrote:
I don’t necessarily see that experience should be a particularly significant factor. Why couldn’t an experienced player have misread it? It wasn’t made clear, I think that much is obvious, so maybe plusJOYED is actually town then?
both of you could have misread it. only one of you could have thought that it'd be a great idea to pretend to misread it because it would falsely prove you are town, the one with more experience
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:42 pm

Ok but if you were to town-slot dru who would you look at if you assume Pooky is town?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Isis »

Kanna
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:45 pm

can you explain why?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 616, Isis wrote:
In post 614, Loki Dokie wrote:
both of you could have misread it. only one of you could have thought that it'd be a great idea to pretend to misread it because it would falsely prove you are town, the one with more experience
Or maybe both of us just misread it? I see your point but I stand by the experience thing not necessarily being relevant because newb scum could presumably have a buddy who could coach them. I was in a game once where scum did not realize that there was an SK in the game, despite it being mentioned right there in the setup. I honestly think the best way to parse it, is to understand the actual thought process behind it. That is not easily fakable.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 619, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:can you explain why?
PoE
Loki: townslip
drusilla: assumed in the question as stated
Pooky: assumed in the question as stated
Ydrasse: would've recruited me or you as scum, could still be a recruit but that's -50%
Isis: that's me
plus: townslipz
Tayl0r: I still think being annoying during post restriction and her flippant attitude now is townish
Kanna: PoE'd
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by Isis »

I guess I forgot Not_mafia
but
you know
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by Isis »

i like that kanna voted me during post restricted
i don't like that i'm not townreading her unrestricted posting yet i guess
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:16 pm

In post 621, Isis wrote:PoE
Loki: townslip
drusilla: assumed in the question as stated
Pooky: assumed in the question as stated
Ydrasse: would've recruited me or you as scum, could still be a recruit but that's -50%
Isis: that's me
plus: townslipz
Tayl0r: I still think being annoying during post restriction and her flippant attitude now is townish
Kanna: PoE'd
I meant yesterday during the C2-phase - who would you have pushed if you wanted a counterweight to Pooky?

Assuming you're town here, that would leave the POE at

Ydrasse-Kanna-NM.

What do you think is the most plausible recruit scenario between these three?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”