Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2682 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Howdy.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2684 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:20 am

Briefly :(

I'm uh not gonna read 108 pages.

I'll probably end up reading from the beginning of the day. Are there any other important parts I should read?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2712 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Seems quite unlikely to lose following two mis-exes, assuming Dunn has been staying on the same person each night.

Deadline is uh tomorrow late at night? I'll try to do some reading tomorrow morning.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2715 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Datisi.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2778 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:46 am

Reading now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2802 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:26 am

Dammit I see now that tl slipped as Paragon but I can't remember who Paragon is :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2805 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:32 am

Oh you are Hectic. Carry on, then.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2807 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:39 am

Not gonna lie, my skimming is mostly consisting of reading Isis's posts and skipping everyone else's.

I don't know how much I'm actually getting from this read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2808 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:40 am

Wait, that's not true-- I'm reading Bell's posts too.

And Isis and Bell are my highest townreads so far but I don't know that that actually means anything because they're just the ones with posts I can digest.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2809 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:40 am

So in summary I am bad at mafia.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2814 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:47 am

In post 2812, tea leaves wrote:You mentioned this before and I'm curious, Azelf; why do you find my posts hard go read/parse?
I don't know. Maybe because you always read like you're putting on an act just due to your personality and it makes it hard to get a bead on what you're actually thinking?

When I'm catching up though, it's true of most people. I usually don't get very much from catching up upon replacing in.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2816 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:51 am

Okay but Isis really is towny now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2818 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:54 am

Pages 93-94.

Very in line with town-Isis paranoia/manic solving/generally losing her shit and to my knowledge she hasn't been able to fake something like that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2820 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:56 am

Page 96 is hilarious. I don't know enough about MT to say if it's AI but it was entertaining to read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2829 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:10 am

Okay, I'm back at the present.

I feel like I didn't follow the changes in public opinion well enough because they were quite subtle. But I also don't think that knowing them would matter that much.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2843 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:26 am

In post 2836, tea leaves wrote:How are your reads looking like, S_S? Bell and Isis town and everyone else null?
I like Bell's posting a lot, but I'm not really sure that it's alignment indicative.
It's probably something like Isis > MT (because I'm trusting you) > you (because of your recent posing wrt Isis and MT and also that one post you had about how you're really enjoying the game) > whoever's left which I guess is Bell and Farren.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2850 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:35 am

In post 2848, Bell wrote:I can’t help but feel S_S just out down two pet town reads before moving on.
What?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2860 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 am

In post 2856, Bell wrote:Do you remember how Joey, or was it red tea, saidI handed out a town read too easily as a means of getting town read/seem as if i’m Doing something?
Not really, but I understand the point.

What in this game are you referring to? I only have one solid townread.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2869 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 am

In post 2865, Bell wrote:You updated it later.
Yes, and I also immediately wrote that I didn't necessarily trust those reads.

What makes you think it was a scum tactic and not just my town thoughts?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2876 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:58 am

In post 2873, Bell wrote:@S_S: I don’t know you very well or your play. I think it somewhat unlikely that you’d trust a player based off a single post that wasn’t strongly alignment indicative.
Are you referring to me trusting tl's read on MT?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2883 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:02 am

In post 2878, Bell wrote:Yes.
What reason would I have to not trust tl's ability to read MT here? He's clearly familiar with her.

My default state is to believe that targeted reads like this are probably correct unless I see evidence to the contrary.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2931 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:19 am

In post 2886, Bell wrote:Cough ydrasse cough.
Context?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2937 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:24 am

How did she get executed then?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3012 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:34 pm

Isis accidentally hammered me by voting for "Azelf" because she didn't realize that Enter used a weird voting rule.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3036 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:40 pm

I'm around, just working on homework. What's the VC at?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3037 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Oh wow, there's absolutely no traction on anybody.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3038 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:43 pm

VOTE: Bell
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3042 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:12 pm

In post 3039, Farren wrote:Why Bell?
As I said before my preferred execution pool is Bell or you, and you aren't a viable execution today.

I'll probably be up for a few more hours and I'm willing to switch to pretty much anyone if needed. But Bell is my preference.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3043 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:14 pm

In post 3041, Isis wrote:S_S can I do some of your homework Morning Tweet won't let me do any of hers she said I wasn't smart enough it was super toxic
Man, go for it. I have to write a small-step operational semantics for pattern matching. It's very cool but also brain-breaking.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3048 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:33 pm

In post 3046, Isis wrote:Is Bell Farren just a PoE or is something actively scummy about them
PoE.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3065 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:04 pm

I can tell it's unpopular, if that's what you're wondering.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3072 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:36 pm

In post 3069, Morning Tweet wrote:And if it's S_S then that explains why every player (besides GL) feels actively towny to at least some extent
I feel discriminated against :3
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3079 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:50 pm

In post 3074, Farren wrote:Problem is, how invested can we expect Something_Smart to be at this point?
I mean, there's no reason I can't be as invested as everyone else, just because I'm a late replacement.

However, I can't be as confident as everyone else, at least not so soon after replacing in.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3083 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:55 pm

In post 3080, Farren wrote:This is true. But I haven't seen any signs that you are, yet. Am I wrong?
Signs that I'm invested?

I don't really know what sign I could give off other than just being involved in the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3093 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:01 pm

Big oof.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3101 (isolation #35) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:04 pm

Yeah, it was a hammer. I was scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3102 (isolation #36) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:05 pm

Hoping I got that in before Farren left. Just had to do a double-check to make sure I wasn't throwing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3105 (isolation #37) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:09 pm

Azelf's honor. <3

I wouldn't troll like that. I hate playing with people's emotions.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3113 (isolation #38) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:20 pm

I think it just needs to be dumpstered honestly. I only replaced in because I was itching to play in a game and the request was like four days old so I wanted to do the game a favor. But I hate this setup and would rarely, if ever, sign up for it directly :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3189 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:38 pm

I don't think it's just you. I think if I were to set out to design a setup that's frustrating for both alignments... this is about what I would design.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3193 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:43 pm

Also, while balance might be a problem with the setup, I don't think it's the biggest one. It just doesn't seem very fun.

Pedit: I agree with that.

Return to “Completed Open Games”