He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:36 am

Post by innocentvillager »

{shelly, taylor, kerset, osuka, NDMath}

I still think my previous lim pool is what I want for now

I simply do not get agenda vibes from bob whatsoever, the play lately has all been surface level scummy but he has some good progressions that truly look like he is trying to solve and reevaluate his reads. There is one progression that is quite townie, I can’t remember but id is questioning the wagons and how they point to me as scum, but then he reaches a different conclusion(teacher(
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:39 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 2920, innocentvillager wrote:oh

I think I know why

And I think town!osuka reads us the same way as scum!osuka so if you are thinking this is all possible for town!osuka I believe it also possible for scum!osuka

I had this thought at one point too, I suggest you reconsider the chance of scum!osuka

If we’re not thinking about the same thing nvm then
well, you are pretty right on that...
if a player reads the same way every game, statistically speaking they are more likely to be town than scum. So TR them. Am I going to TR them day 1? Yes. Am I going to TR them during lylo? They'll have to be correct or do something to further convince me to earn that. So far they've agreed with me on most things without really looking to pocket me so TR, along with a gut TR on them
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:41 am

Post by teacher »

IV, how do you have that complicated thoughts and self voted twice. I don’t get where your head is at.

Again, I’d love for the people on Osuka to explain (perhaps red plain) why Osuka>Bob. I just don’t see it, instead of the stridency with which it is being pushed.

If the bob option goes away, as it’s seeming to, I’m going to IV as the most “compromised” slot.

Is jester normal?
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:41 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

Math feels like they've just skirted on the sidelines harder than anyone else and I don't like it. The ascetic claim isn't a pass to not engage, and I think they are probably mafia ascetic
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:43 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 2928, teacher wrote:IV, how do you have that complicated thoughts and self voted twice. I don’t get where your head is at.

Again, I’d love for the people on Osuka to explain (perhaps red plain) why Osuka>Bob. I just don’t see it, instead of the stridency with which it is being pushed.

If the bob option goes away, as it’s seeming to, I’m going to IV as the most “compromised” slot.

Is jester normal?
jester is not normal im pretty sure its bastard actually
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:43 am

Post by teacher »

What about scum who knew they would be the rolestopped target and so claimed a town role that could be confirmed by an investigative. I don’t think we had that long pregame to coordinate, and I’m finding NDmaths limited contributions Townie, but I don’t see scum ascetic with rolestopper too.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:45 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

i need to reread I missed the rolestopper stuff. I'll do that n1
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 2841, shellyc wrote:I'm not sure if I buy the Ascetic claim yet. If rolestopper is flipped it's probably real

NDMath's posting isn't especially good but I'm still feeling slight town lean due to the claim
what do rolestopper and ascetic have to do with each other?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:55 am

if teacher mixed up RB and RS I think he is town

If not, he is scum obviously

but scum!him probably didn’t mix it up because he would’ve just said roleblocker

Unless thsi was all deliberately planned. It is too specific but I think it would either need to be planned by scum!kerset or by scum!osuka. I won’t go into detail about scum!osuka but I believe it is in scum!kersets range to orchestrate something like this but not teacher.

This is just a small conspiracy theory that I don’t think is likely. But it did somewhat come at a slightly opportunistic timing iirc, which has to make me slightly suspicious

Otherwise, I do not see how teacher is scum from all this
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:56 am

*but not teacher alone without one of the other two because it’s so specific
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:05 am

@kerset can you explain why you thought teachers “hammer was unbelieveable” case was complete BS? I found it a pretty reasonable argument, especially given you are the one being “hammered”

If you said already, you can quote it
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:53 am

Post by bob3141 »

catching up now
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:16 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 2412, Andresvmb wrote:I’ll catch up later this game is getting out of hand haha

@Bob, understood that you repped into a slot that I was attacking and had claimed VT, and you had the inside knowledge that the claim was legitimate. I get that. All I’m saying is that you are clearly not applying the identical logic to IV’s claim. Now, I do agree that if the person is aware that such a claim might be a silly one to make as Scum on D1 because it doesn’t advance the Team, and makes that statement out loud, it blunts the impact of the claim. That’s fair. However, it’s not just that. You are also defending the only PR claim under pressure in the game (from Kerset). Again, I am ALSO inclined not to want to execute a claimed un-CC’ed Doctor. So it’s not like I think you aren’t making any sense. But you are going against your previously stated logic (when I know you were Town), and so I would have hoped for some sort of more convincing explanation.

I also have very much been feeling that until you’ve been put under pressure, you have been sitting on the sidelines and avoiding putting your foot down. So I definitely wanted to see more. I will have to re-read and make up my mind, but it did raise a red flag for example that you were still carrying your RVS vote.

Its impossible to pressure me. :-P Although always worthwhile to ge me engaged. Scum me is engaged from the start but town me can be bit unengaged at times. The fact you think im sitting on sidelines is very towny tell for me. Just look at my scum meta and any one can tell this is not scum me. I put loads of effort in as scum to give town a fun game.

Not going against my logic as before village came out with that he would never claim VT as scum. I was leaning towards him as town. It was that bit of self awareness that undermined that aspect of my read on him. In your game i only used that logic as it wasnt me that made the VT claim. IF i had been in that slot from game start i would claim vt. And would keep quiet about the fact that most vt day one turn out town. Just looks bad.

It's the simple fact that most games town mostly lynches town day one. Oh and I wasn't being fully honest that game. I had just finished a scum game where my buddy claimed VT day one. When he made it before checking the pt.

I may be guilty of trying to get the same read success that i did last game :-P
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:30 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 2414, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 2411, shellyc wrote:
In post 2408, bob3141 wrote:So kerset simply isnt a day one lynch. There are 3 scum alive so even if im wrong on kerset. That still means tehre is two scum to send to chopping block
this is weird

don't you want to get scum? "oh limming one scum means we have two more to go"
yeah wtf?
I think bob is so weird and almost a VI that he has to be town. I just cannot fathom scum!bob playing like he is.

what do you mean by VI?

Saude aint getting kerset. Even if he think he is scum and i think he is wrong. There simply aint the votes for kerset lynch

So him wanting only a kerset lynch will make a town lynch more likely. As it pushs us in practice to lylo-2 and not lylo-3. Its called a dead vote.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2916, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2908, Andresvmb wrote:Menalque is literally a 50/50
mena is 50-50 to be town? sign me up for mena wagon!
Here’s the thing. Menalque’s push on Osuka has been loud, obnoxious, and way overconfident. Menalque is either correct, Town, and will be completely obvious tomorrow. Or, he will try and sleaze his way out of a bad situation if Osuka flips Town, and we will have to make a decision as to whether he is worth listening to anymore, is Town, or is just Scum and needs to go.

I am not trying to hide my culpability here btw if Osuka flips Town, I’m going to make that clear. But Menalque knows that he will be seen as centrally responsible for a bad push if he’s wrong. I know a small group of players that are happy to do this as Scum. But I have also seen so many overconfident Town players (that do not have above random reads) than I care to count to be completely certain that Osuka flipping Town means that Menalque is Scum.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2918, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2898, Andresvmb wrote:The thing is, I don’t think it’s very likely this game that all of Menalque, IV and Osuka are Town. I don’t. But there’s something off about the way Menalque is pushing for Osuka, and frankly I think there’s something off about the way Osuka is pushing IV. And the more I read plusJOYED, the more I think they’re kind of informed about alignments and enjoying throwing darts from the sideline.
what does “off” mean and who does that make you suspect?
I tend to become most skeptical of players that appear to pushing a course of action that feels easy or convenient. There is something that pings me about pushing the player that is self-voting, seems defeated, and won’t cause too much drama if they flip Town.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Andresvmb »

^to push*
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:36 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

I don't get why people don't consider the idea of mena vs osuka being TvT
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2943, PlusJOYED wrote:I don't get why people don't consider the idea of mena vs osuka being TvT
Because the points made by Menalque against Osuka are almost too aggressive to be coming from Town should Osuka flip Town. It’s the tone and content of the accusations. For a D1, it’s almost too extreme. At the same time, it’s mighty aggressive for Scum to be doing this too! So I don’t think it’s like absurd.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:40 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 2423, Andresvmb wrote:@Menalque, @Ydrasse I want us to agree on a course of action. Menalque is obviously on Osuka, but I don’t know that this one gets through, and I do have a Negative Lena there, but I also want to re-read.
@IV I want some thoughts on what you would be willing to vote here. I see you very scattered and defensive (particularly after your “slip”, but I have been liking your takes so I want to see more of them). I know you said you wouldn’t post much until Wednesday, and you needed a break - all I want is a small list of players you would vote. That’s all.

I have a good sense of what some other players want to do. Saudade is almost death tunneling Kerset (but would also clearly vote for Osuka), and Bob is on Teacher (and defending Kerset given their Claim). Kerset is tunneling Teacher almost, after somewhat tunneling me. plusJOYED’s makes it pretty clear where they would vote, which also includes Teacher.

@Kerset, how do you feel about my slot now?
@Tayl0r where are you? You seem to be vibing with plus after SR’ing there, which I don’t have any major objections to actually I’m still trying to figure out what to make of plus. Your vote is still on IV, and you appear to also be willing to vote Osuka. How do you feel about Teacher/Bob?

Nobody has taken me up on answering whether crumbing Doctor makes sense. Can somebody seriously comment on that?

Ive crumbed roles as town before if i was worried about being lynched. Some roles you crumb results. Crumbed jailkeeper ones athough dont crumb as much now. as scum spotted it straight away

On claim alone kerset could be scum. As it is the sort of fake claim you would do to out a doc/jailkeeper ect.
And at the same time doc is common town role.

My setup spec isnt 100% but i think its on par with tracker. That i rate as one point if ungated with town usualy getting 3.5 points with scum 0.5. Very rough estimate that gets with reason of balance always a bit give or take.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:42 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 2944, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 2943, PlusJOYED wrote:I don't get why people don't consider the idea of mena vs osuka being TvT
Because the points made by Menalque against Osuka are almost too aggressive to be coming from Town should Osuka flip Town. It’s the tone and content of the accusations. For a D1, it’s almost too extreme. At the same time, it’s mighty aggressive for Scum to be doing this too! So I don’t think it’s like absurd.

Menal does have some meta with such pushes as scum. One thing for sure it inst s/s
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:44 am

Post by bob3141 »

If menal wants a lynch as scum he isnt afraid to push hard.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 am

Post by bob3141 »

Though the fact that menal isn't pushing me leans towards him being town. I know last time he was scum he pushed me hard day one even if he got no real traction from town.And my wagon got to four votes this game. So would have been an easy push for him to switch too.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

It doesn't make sense for scum to push that hard day 1, agreed. Nor town on normal circumstances really. Plus Mena's attack seemsly largely based on emotion, going qs far as to self vote if they are wrong and this whole debacle came after IV scumslipped and used AtE to escape as mena defended him, pouncing on osuka. In fact I'm pretty sure mena SR's everyone who went after iv which is so emotionally driven it doesn't make sense for scum play, not to mention Osuka being q popular target. So mena is probs town

The best way I make sense of the interaction is if IV is scum and he got in Menas head, as I suggested earlier.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”