Silent Star 2: Menagerie

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 446, drusilla wrote:
In post 445, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok can you explain why that is? What was there to communicate about that I didn't do?
who to vote for? for instance. if you care about the lack of consensus votes helping to develop a consensus seems the correct course of action. do you not think anyone was trying to communicate about the game?
I did wonder about why he was making an issue of people not voting because I had no idea who to vote for. I was aware of the deadline but I think you, Kanna and Ydrasse we’re probably the only ones who seemed to be trying to make reads.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:17 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 796, drusilla wrote:because ydrasse was trying to communicate about the game or at least to develop a framework for us to communicate about the game within and you were just gif posting. and then you were like 'look we need to reach a consensus!' when you could have been working toward that goal. that's like what scum do.
This is your interpretation of what I said.

If you look at

The first post targets specifically the people not voting.

The second post says "something bad will happen" if we do not vote.

My point is that the people not voting should vote and get involved in the game.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:18 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 799, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It seems to me specifically you were thinking about him in the frame of reference as my mafia friend - since you are talking about him picking me.
yes and also outside of that, hence "plusjoyed made sense in various worlds to me and their play individually seemed the scummiest out of the non-you players to me"
In post 801, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:My point is that the people not voting should vote and get involved in the game.
and my point is that some of those not voting, myself included, were involved in the game and it seemed like you were not but trying to make it look like you were.
why are the stars dancing?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:19 am

In post 800, Loki Dokie wrote:who to vote for? for instance. if you care about the lack of consensus votes helping to develop a consensus seems the correct course of action. do you not think anyone was trying to communicate about the game?
1. it's hard to develop a consensus when most of the people are not really playing/contributing content and not even voting. 88/89 was to make the point "hey you guys need to get involved or the default is bad things happen"

2. Yes people were trying to communicate - the whole point of posting gifs was to try to communicate...
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:20 am

In post 802, drusilla wrote:yes and also outside of that, hence "plusjoyed made sense in various worlds to me and their play individually seemed the scummiest out of the non-you players to me"
various worlds is not very specific - I don't think you took a Pooky!town perspective to your second elimination in your mind and I think you more or less admit you do not.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:21 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 803, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:the whole point of posting gifs was to try to communicate...
you've already stated the thing that you were trying to communicate was 'hey we were lovers in a different game'. it's going to be pretty hard to try to backtrack that to 'i was trying to communicate about the game'.
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:22 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 804, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I don't think you took a Pooky!town perspective to your second elimination in your mind and I think you more or less admit you do not.
i took a pooky!probably-not-town perspective to it as i've said plenty of times.
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:23 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 781, drusilla wrote:why should i sheep someone i think is the most likely mafia in the game? assuming you're town simply does not make sense to me.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:23 am

In post 805, drusilla wrote:
In post 803, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:the whole point of posting gifs was to try to communicate...
you've already stated the thing that you were trying to communicate was 'hey we were lovers in a different game'. it's going to be pretty hard to try to backtrack that to 'i was trying to communicate about the game'.
what? I posted gifs to more than just Ydrasse. The love-gifs were different from the other gifs.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:25 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 808, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:what? I posted gifs to more than just Ydrasse. The love-gifs were different from the other gifs.
yes what appear to be other buddying gifs to isis and taylor swift.
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:26 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 809, drusilla wrote:yes what appear to be other buddying gifs to isis and taylor swift.
are those ones somehow game related?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

I think there are two ways to approach the gladiate. Try to determine as best we can which of either is more likely to be scum or if we think they both could possibly be town, attempt to then determine, which one is more likely to become potential misexecute bait later on and possibly cost us the game with their misexecute.

I’m not currently scumreading either but I disagree with Kanna in that I find Isis to be a little townier but this could also be based on playstyle. I think if Pooky plays similarly in the next post-restricted phase, should there be one, he might be in this situation again, so I’d like to see some more awareness on his part about how he was perceived and why.

@Pooky, do you understand why Drusilla scumread you on D1? I suppose I should also ask Isis about why she thinks she was condemned on D2,

Basically, both of you were condemned for a reason. You both were preceived to have played the scummiest from most of the playerlist on the different respective days, irrespective of your actual alignments. So understanding of how and why you both found yourselves that situation, and thoughts about how you might handle things differently should we have another post-restrictive phase would be extremely helpful. Simply assuming whosever pushing or doubting you to be scum isn’t helping either of you but clearly understanding how your posting contributed to you getting condemned and how you would proceed differently are probably the most helpful things either of you can do, to help us sort you your play here, either as possible alignment or potential misexecutebait. Because if neither of you do that, I’m afraid who ever survives the gladiate might be re-condemned for pretty much the same reasons.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:47 am

In post 810, drusilla wrote:
In post 809, drusilla wrote:yes what appear to be other buddying gifs to isis and taylor swift.
are those ones somehow game related?
it was literally a friendly greeting on the first day the game thread opened :/
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:49 am

In post 811, Loki Dokie wrote:@Pooky, do you understand why Drusilla scumread you on D1?
yes she scum-read me for posting some cute tiger gifs on the first day the thread opened and for posting something about the deadline/people not voting sometime later that day.

I clearly should've just done what most other people did and post no comments at all. That's clearly the best way to play this game
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 813, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 811, Loki Dokie wrote:@Pooky, do you understand why Drusilla scumread you on D1?
yes she scum-read me for posting some cute tiger gifs on the first day the thread opened and for posting something about the deadline/people not voting sometime later that day.

I clearly should've just done what most other people did and post no comments at all. That's clearly the best way to play this game
Do you not perceive the disparity in that? Posting cute gifs and not trying to make reads yet being extremely concerned about the voting? If all you’re doing is posting cute gifs it doesn’t help anyone trying to figure out who to vote for. So it’s it’s the combination of those two things combined, not either one separately. For me, why did you vote me for first changing my vote from Tayl0r to you? And then when I asked you about two posts that I rightly or wrongly perceived as contradictory, you just roared at me and wouldn’t answer me. Couldn’t you tell I was trying to sort you?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:40 am

In post 175, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
VC on this page.

In post 25, Hectic wrote:[4] Not Voting: Tayl0r Swift, Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie, drusilla
In post 52, Hectic wrote:[5] Not Voting: Tayl0r Swift, Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie, drusilla, Kanna
In post 87, Hectic wrote:[4] Not Voting: Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie, drusilla, Kanna
In post 100, Hectic wrote:[4] Not Voting: Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie, drusilla, Kanna
In post 150, Hectic wrote:[2] Not Voting: Lokie Dokie, Kanna
In post 161, Loki Dokie wrote:VOTE: tayl0r Swift
In post 170, Loki Dokie wrote:VOTE: Pooky the magical bear

GRRR! RAWWWR!
I thought this post was pretty clear - I was trying to communicate that I thought you were mafia jumping on lowhanging fruit because you vote-switched from Taylor to me within 9 posts.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Isis »

In post 811, Loki Dokie wrote:I think there are two ways to approach the gladiate. Try to determine as best we can which of either is more likely to be scum or if we think they both could possibly be town, attempt to then determine, which one is more likely to become potential misexecute bait later on and possibly cost us the game with their misexecute.

I’m not currently scumreading either but I disagree with Kanna in that I find Isis to be a little townier but this could also be based on playstyle. I think if Pooky plays similarly in the next post-restricted phase, should there be one, he might be in this situation again, so I’d like to see some more awareness on his part about how he was perceived and why.

@Pooky, do you understand why Drusilla scumread you on D1? I suppose I should also ask Isis about why she thinks she was condemned on D2,

Basically, both of you were condemned for a reason. You both were preceived to have played the scummiest from most of the playerlist on the different respective days, irrespective of your actual alignments. So understanding of how and why you both found yourselves that situation, and thoughts about how you might handle things differently should we have another post-restrictive phase would be extremely helpful. Simply assuming whosever pushing or doubting you to be scum isn’t helping either of you but clearly understanding how your posting contributed to you getting condemned and how you would proceed differently are probably the most helpful things either of you can do, to help us sort you your play here, either as possible alignment or potential misexecutebait. Because if neither of you do that, I’m afraid who ever survives the gladiate might be re-condemned for pretty much the same reasons.
This is a good post

I think when making reads is difficult, proxy voting with a townread is a strong strategy that just so happens to mimic a powerful scum strategy (with one errant townie you create this pseudoscumteam of 3 players instead of 2 that votes way better). So it makes sense that I got scumread. I was accepting that risk.

If I'm actually selected and people will townlock drusilla after, I'm similarly content. I think drusilla is town here. Her mindset for phase two was similar to mine and she's not using any means of simplifying her argument with Pooky to make it easier for her, she's kind of taking the argument the hard way because she cares so much about the core points.

I would be sad to be wrong on this read. Trying to read shiki is fun
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Isis »

You animals can't vote loki doki after I die either

Just everyone else
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Isis »

I feel worried Pooky cares about winning an argument more than being town in the argument if that makes sense, its somewhat mafia indicative

Some of his earlier play has seemed town indicative though.

It feels wonky trying to decide how I'm grading with the context of the gladiator, maybe it's better to try to always think with the assumption I lost and "play from there"
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:45 am

In post 814, Loki Dokie wrote:Posting cute gifs and not trying to make reads
1. the cute gifs shot off on d1 were a friendly greeting, the ones that continued on towards Ydrasse were because of a game we had previously played and because I was trying to develop a feel for her slot to see her reaction to it.

2. Asking people who are not voting to go vote is trying to make reads.. you can often read more out of a vote than you can read out of a post - especially in a post restricted game.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:47 am

In post 818, Isis wrote:I feel worried Pooky cares about winning an argument more than being town in the argument if that makes sense, its somewhat mafia indicative

Some of his earlier play has seemed town indicative though.

It feels wonky trying to decide how I'm grading with the context of the gladiator, maybe it's better to try to always think with the assumption I lost and "play from there"
I'm not trying to win an argument versus Dru - it's not like she get get elim'd today. I'm planning how the game will go on from here assuming I get Elim'd today. I think her push on me was terrible and I need people to see that so she doesn't just do it again to someone else and I need to sort her slot so I know whether to recommend her elim on the following day.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Isis »

What if she does it again and pushes scum for the wrong reasons? Who cares? Again it's a concern with rightness which I generally associate with scum
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:53 am

that would be very lucky if she were to push scum for the wrong reasons - if she is town to begin with.

However if someone is pushing scum for the right reasons and she's pushing a town for the wrong reasons - the scum could help her push that town and set her up later down the road.

Also if dru is scum here she has no reason to push scum.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:58 am

In post 818, Isis wrote:I feel worried Pooky cares about winning an argument more than being town in the argument if that makes sense, its somewhat mafia indicative
This is kind of strange. Why would it make sense for a Pooky!scum to want to win an argument? It doesn't help my position in any way - arguing is usually counterproductive to survival especially in a setting like this where it's 1 or the other.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

Spoiler:
In post 815, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 175, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
VC on this page.

In post 25, Hectic wrote:[4] Not Voting: Tayl0r Swift, Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie, drusilla
In post 52, Hectic wrote:[5] Not Voting: Tayl0r Swift, Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie, drusilla, Kanna
In post 87, Hectic wrote:[4] Not Voting: Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie, drusilla, Kanna
In post 100, Hectic wrote:[4] Not Voting: Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie, drusilla, Kanna
In post 150, Hectic wrote:[2] Not Voting: Lokie Dokie, Kanna
In post 161, Loki Dokie wrote:VOTE: tayl0r Swift
In post 170, Loki Dokie wrote:VOTE: Pooky the magical bear

GRRR! RAWWWR!
I thought this post was pretty clear - I was trying to communicate that I thought you were mafia jumping on lowhanging fruit because you vote-switched from Taylor to me within 9 posts.

And my subsequent “why” posts which I repeated about three times didn’t cause you to rethink that at all?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”