NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh you meant that as null, never mind then.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by Lost »

my gg read is somewhat influenced by his playstyle and some premature associative tells, before you finish reading and mention these to me. i am aware.

i'm going to gloss over d1 content, but playstyle wise already felt weird. the relatively new join date does indicate he's new to the site, though he states himself he's not new to mafia. if anything he claims he has lots of experience playing, so it always bothers me why he approaches the game so rigidly. if he's new i would expect confusion, if he has had experience i'd expect him to adapt. his unwillingness to, i'm going to use this liberally, "play along" strikes me as scum trying to stick to a formula that he's used to, which includes the usual scumhunting emulation, trying to subtly towntell, always being on topic etcetc.

of course, this extends beyond his d1 play.

d2 wise he starts off with the nm push that he had since d1, backing it up with the lolhammer and lack of participation(, , leading to ) when there was basically little to no content end d1, therefore nm's lack of participation isn't that horrible, and the lolhammer is too lazy of a scumtell. people lolhammer as scum and as town. rejecting meta to continue pushing his reads. it's all too textbooky for this game, and as town there isn't any reason to be this way if you genuinely want to figure stuff out.

initial bambi vote is just horrible. some intentionally not playing well stuff because bambi was fooling around, which escalated into some argument, and somehow from that he concluded, and still thinks, bambi is scum. literally none of the bambi's posts that he had issues with related to the gamestate(jokes and some site meta).

the additional points subsequent bambi case wasn't that good either. his reference to 190 is NAI. the flipflop on the isis read, as pointed out before, just seems convenient for him to put his bambi case together. something about bambi bussing isis too which doesn't even make sense, because the bambi's psots about isis drunk posting have no relation to bambi bussing isis...bambi wasn't even voting isis? throwing out buzzwords trying to make something legit. this ties back in with my thoughts on his rigid playstyle. adding in to the case, anybody can flip from cracking jokes to providing a legitimate response. he says this as though if bambi started joking around that she should continue joking around. if someone responded properly to a joke i made calling it alignment indicative somehow, why wouldn't i respond seriously?

now i will state for the record that i do think tayl0r could be scum also, and gg's scumread on tayl0r does have me second guessing my gg scumread a bit. on one hand he has no reason to bus tayl0r unless it's a distancing thing that he decided when the game started. on the other hand, he never really explains the tayl0r read until late into the game(late being like a few posts back). and even when he does promise the tayl0r scumread, he pushes it off and doesn't deliver much. seems like he wants to create the distance between himself and tayl0r but doesn't really bother because, if somehow tayl0r does get eliminated, scum gets weaker.

i recognize that this tayl0r section is incredibly associative, but it iz what it iz

but speaking of tayl0r let's look at his tayl0r case:
talks about 32, not alignment indicative
talks about 542 which is actually a pretty decent point and also one of the reasons i scumread tayl0r.

the issues with this is that, despite him having mentioned the tayl0r scumread multiple times, these 2 posts are all he comes up with. not to mention that the only thing he brought up from d1 was 32, and he's had the tayl0r read since he started. on top of that, it was a pretty lazy case despite him having work on it for quite a while. tayl0r read is probably fake, be it bussing or just picking a player to scumread for scumhunting's sake.

moving on from his scumreads to his town(?)reads. they're not really townreads but whatever his terminology is weird.

his bob read makes no sense. looks like a scum buddying up to a somewhat universally townread player. listens to nm-meta justifications from bob but not bambi and pp(if i rmb these names correctly) despite him previously throwing a tantrum over meta. i'm not sure if think is white-knighting or buddying, i think it's buddying.

there's also the townread on himself which is kind of lol. i think this is more of a him/playstyle thing and not super alignment indicative, but:
his own towncase on himself has 0 towntells. him acknowledging that he does these as scum help his case less. claiming he has even townier things that he wouldn't do as scum under his "many other actions i will omit" and then never stating them. pretty bad, not really scummy, but doesn't help him look good. nor is it something he would do as town to engage and convince people.

tl;dr:
reads are poorly supported, lazy. typical scum emulating scumhunting kind of reads. never really bothers to look beyond textbook tells, which imo are important with this playerlist.
rigid playstyle makes me think scum sticking to his format, as opposed to if he were town and being able to adapt and not worry about getting caught.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1199, Lost wrote:are you asking me this because you think he's scum, or because you're curious
I don't really remember anything to townread him for, so i was curious why you kept him to high up the list there.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by Lost »

ok that's enough typing for now, i'll be back on later.

also i think i forgot to include this, but if his tayl0r case was indeed rushed, then i'm looking forward to what he has tomorrow.

my gg read and tayl0r read are individual scumreads, but it's when i think of both of them being scum that i get unsure about the dynamic they have going on. also, despite where i have tayl0r in my scumlist, i am curious about why you guys read her as town @isis @norway
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by Lost »

In post 1202, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1199, Lost wrote:are you asking me this because you think he's scum, or because you're curious
I don't really remember anything to townread him for, so i was curious why you kept him to high up the list there.
him talking to murder about murder's pp vote felt town, but that's about all i rly rmb of him
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm wavering on my Taylor townread a bit. Since I know norwee posted his townread earnestly and definitely wasn't trolling me I will let him answer
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Lost »

In post 1205, Isis wrote:I'm wavering on my Taylor townread a bit. Since I know norwee posted his townread earnestly and definitely wasn't trolling me I will let him answer
will you answer after he does? if you do, can you also explain why you posture your reads based on norwee's so much
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m afraid i can’t allow Isis to answer that yet.

- Bunno
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by Isis »

I don't have more for the Tayl0r townread beyond what I put in . All her posting afterwards made me regret saying I townread her, though
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by Isis »

Norwee and I go back
"Well, I..."
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1147, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1144, Lost wrote:you mentioned something about nm coaching gg but didn't quote/link it. can you share more on that
I'm not sure I have a specific example, I could look. But my intuition was to just have NM and GG distance after the lolhammer and try to paint GG as noobtown as that's what I would do as scum
Lol like I would ever strategise or co-operate with my partners
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

NM's got a point there.
I'm sure his scum partners would have replaced out of the game already if he actually was mafia.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:37 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Unless you're suggesting that oh i don't know.
Maybe i ACTUALLY WAS BUSSING SHELLY THIS ENTIRE GAME, WILLINGLY FIGHTING HIM FOR ABOUT 10 PAGES INSTEAD OF JOINING THE NPOM WAGON. ALL TO DISTANCE, ALL SCUM THEATRE. MY MASTERFULLY EXECUTED PLAN THAT TAKES 1000 IQ BRAIN CELLS. ALL TO FOOL YOU PEOPLE INTO FAKELY TOWNREADING ME WHEN SHELLY GET'S GUNSMITH GUILTIED JUST AS I HAD FORESEEN TO HAPPEN IN MY CRYSTAL BALL!!
:O

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh shit i posted that in the wrong game. ignore above post.

- Bunno
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:42 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I once trolled my own partner in the PT so they would bus me and get towncred, I don’t work together
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:28 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 2.19

GeniusGamer (4): MURDERCAT, PenguinPower, Isis, NorwegianboyEE
Tayl0r Swift (2): bob3141, ManWithNoName
Lost (2): Tayl0r Swift, Isis
Bambi Jay (1): GeniusGamer
ManWithNoName (1): Not_Mafia
PenguinPower (1): Bambi Jay

Not voting: Lost

Deadline: (expired on 2020-09-23 08:00:00)

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

mod notes:
- ManWithNoName is v/la hunting outlaws and/or in-laws from Thursday til Saturday.
- quack.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:02 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1161, Tayl0r Swift wrote:yeah but what people look for is not whether opinions changed. its whether they can see what the person saw that changed your mind. and i see you saying "x is town" or "x is more likely scum" but i havent seen reasoning why. i cant really follow your progression. like you say "this post is kinda scummy" but then youll say the poster is town. i dont see a logical thought progression.
Good post
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:03 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1163, Tayl0r Swift wrote:interesting that gg is absent from this list. why is it that the person you're voting and is currently discussed didnt make it into the scumpile... hmmm
I was asking GG from a list like that, those are not my reads
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:05 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1166, Tayl0r Swift wrote:unrelated, could someone remind me who my scumreads are please?
:lol:
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:06 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1168, Lost wrote:mwnn has been on v/la, i think that plays a part in his activity and involvement, no?
Totally, mwnn could come back and react to it all, or maybe he just gives something non-committal, we have to wait and see.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:07 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1172, NorwegianboyEE wrote:As of right now, Geniusgamer/Penguin/Taylor
In no particular order of preference.
Not convinced about Taylor
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:08 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1174, Lost wrote:do you see gg bussing tayl0r even though he doesn't have to?
Great point
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:10 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1182, Isis wrote:I think Swift is towny
could be that super fancy cognitive load tell I've heard about since it's illogical shade when Taylor's earlier post was a joke. I have yet to try messing with that dark magic (the way it's been explained to me is scum are more likely to misinterpret a joke because they've got more stuff on their mind due to being scum)
:lol:

If lost is scum they are doing a better job of being town than half the playerlist
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:13 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1190, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1183, Lost wrote:
In post 1181, Tayl0r Swift wrote:who is the scummiest person and why?
ooof that's tough

i'd say gg. give me a while to pull some concrete stuff together
spicy take. scummy player says the most widely scumread player is probably scum but has to go find reasons because he doesnt have any.

im kinda twisting words here, but... is that the best you can do?

who is the second scummiest player to you and why then? i dont really care how you read gg. everyone is skeptical of gg, so theres not a whole lot to be learned about your unique thoughts there.
Fire
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:17 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1201, Lost wrote:tl;dr:
reads are poorly supported, lazy. typical scum emulating scumhunting kind of reads. never really bothers to look beyond textbook tells, which imo are important with this playerlist.
rigid playstyle makes me think scum sticking to his format, as opposed to if he were town and being able to adapt and not worry about getting caught.
Good post

Return to “Completed Open Games”