Silent Star 2: Menagerie

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1448, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1433, Isis wrote:drusilla, do you think NM recruits Pooky? Because I don't think Pooky recruits NM
I would be seriously shocked if
anyone
recruited him if scum.
so NM is in the same boat as me, except people have seen NM play scum, no one has seen me play scum so theres even less reason to pick me.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1437, Isis wrote:
In post 1435, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 413, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok but what is the logic behind Pooky/PlusJoyed.

Do you think I would recruit PlusJoyed or do you think PlusJoyed would've recruited me? Either scenario IMO is a long shot since I've basically never played with him.
In post 417, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 412, drusilla wrote:
In post 406, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:can you please explain why you wanted to put PlusJOYED as the 2nd condemnation?
plusjoyed made sense in various worlds to me and their play individually seemed the scummiest out of the non-you players to me, and isis who i was townreading voted there. would you have chosen plusjoyed? somewhat unlikely. would plusjoyed have chosen you? quite possibly.
Why would PlusJoyed choose me? He's literally never played with me before. and then we open up as the first 2 posters? I mean cmon really?
THIS Is WHY PLUSJOYED Was CONFIRMED.
could you explain
Pooky is saying that they make no sense as a scumteam because
they’ve never played together
, so he basically spewed him town with these posts, so that’s why I think he was confirmed.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1450, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1433, Isis wrote:drusilla, do you think NM recruits Pooky? Because I don't think Pooky recruits NM
anyone
recruited him if scum.
so NM is in the same boat as me, except people have seen NM play scum, no one has seen me play scum so theres even less reason to pick me.
You said you loved playing scum earlier but you have no scumgames on site, correct? So, if you have any offsite, can you link them?
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 1443, Kanna wrote:shiki, let's be pseudo-lovers as apology for the bad reads <3
<3 see above post
In post 1447, Loki Dokie wrote:I guess I shouldn’t assume, I just don’t see why scum!Ydrasse aligns herself with an unconfirmed slot. Yes, I keep harping on that because has anyone besides me even pointed out that argument? If I hadn’t, would anyone else even considered it? My point is that it’s in scum’s best interest to pair themselves with a confirmed slot. Why? Because confirmed town!me is obviously going to be taken a lot more seriously than unconfirmed me. Because confitown!me can only be defending scum!Ydrasse because I wrongly townread her but unconfirmed me, could presumably also be doing it for self-preservation, so from scum!Ydrass’ pov, why not make her lover a confirmed slot? That’s why I don’t think it’s Ydrasse.
because the pairs as you've just layed out would be town!isis+not mafia, town!loki+ydrasse, plusjoyed+taylor swift. so plusjoyed+taylor swift get eliminated, and ydrasse has to win a one v one on more or less even footing. as they are now ydrasse/you have an advantage over both not mafia and taylor swift built into the pairings.
why are the stars dancing?
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 1264, Isis wrote:I really would prefer to win the game by deciding that Kanna is town
Hectic fix it
would you have bet the game on me? i'd like to think so, but tbh, i thought i looked somewhat shady during the night phase i'm ~surprised i got confirmed

my nonsense gutread is this stumpjob looks like it was done by loki since i remember him thinking i was "definitely town" while i could feel other people suspiciously sideyeing me
In post 1265, Isis wrote:over the night phase I finished all the routes through YTTD that I am aware of
!!! i think it's amazing how much work went into it that the choices you make matters in the game! i'm also curious what choices you made the first time but i suppose that's spoilery
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1441, Kanna wrote:first thought is i'm concerned lokie dokie didn't get confirmed
I’m not unless I’m actually wrong here and so far, I don’t think I am.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Kanna »

i found taylor scummy independently, but based on pooky flip, i'm not sure she is

does pooky advocate a taylor wagon in c1?

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1452, Loki Dokie wrote:
anyone
recruited him if scum.
You said you loved playing scum earlier but you have no scumgames on site, correct? So, if you have any offsite, can you link them?
i could, but i wont. im not linking anyone to my past meta. theres a reason i didnt play mafia for several years and am now here rather than back there. thats not an AI thing. im not linking any games of any alignment from off-site to anyone.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 1455, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1441, Kanna wrote:first thought is i'm concerned lokie dokie didn't get confirmed
by this, i mean you were almost a UTR yesterday i find it strange you didn't get confirmed over plusjoyed or even me

i suppose mafia could want to purposefully not confirm a mostly townread player for wifom, but in that case, i think they'd try to frame me

Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1453, drusilla wrote:
In post 1443, Kanna wrote:shiki, let's be pseudo-lovers as apology for the bad reads <3
<3 see above post
In post 1447, Loki Dokie wrote:I guess I shouldn’t assume, I just don’t see why scum!Ydrasse aligns herself with an unconfirmed slot. Yes, I keep harping on that because has anyone besides me even pointed out that argument? If I hadn’t, would anyone else even considered it? My point is that it’s in scum’s best interest to pair themselves with a confirmed slot. Why? Because confirmed town!me is obviously going to be taken a lot more seriously than unconfirmed me. Because confitown!me can only be defending scum!Ydrasse because I wrongly townread her but unconfirmed me, could presumably also be doing it for self-preservation, so from scum!Ydrass’ pov, why not make her lover a confirmed slot? That’s why I don’t think it’s Ydrasse.
because the pairs as you've just layed out would be town!isis+not mafia, town!loki+ydrasse, plusjoyed+taylor swift. so plusjoyed+taylor swift get eliminated, and ydrasse has to win a one v one on more or less even footing. as they are now ydrasse/you have an advantage over both not mafia and taylor swift built into the pairings.
But why wouldn’t scum!Ydrasse have confirmed me? Even Kanna just mentioned she was concerned I wasn’t. And Idk, I have no clue how anyone else thinks, probably least of all NM but I don’t know why he’d pick me not to confirm and it makes even less sense from Ydrasse, since she’s paired with me, so I guess I’m not understanding your argument?
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 1459, Loki Dokie wrote:But why wouldn’t scum!Ydrasse have confirmed me? Even Kanna just mentioned she was concerned I wasn’t. And Idk, I have no clue how anyone else thinks, probably least of all NM but I don’t know why he’d pick me not to confirm and it makes even less sense from Ydrasse, since she’s paired with me, so I guess I’m not understanding your argument?
to pair herself with you, to have an advantage in the pairings.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1457, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1452, Loki Dokie wrote:
anyone
recruited him if scum.
i could, but i wont. im not linking anyone to my past meta. theres a reason i didnt play mafia for several years and am now here rather than back there. thats not an AI thing. im not linking any games of any alignment from off-site to anyone.
Well that’s a real shame because it could definitely help you here if I’m wrong, because all I’ve got now is towngames where you have played 180 degrees differently from this one and Pooky’s weird hedging around your slot. Also, it makes absolutely no sense to call it a “trash” argument. The converse otoh, I could actually see because I’d probably sleep through a marathon, which is why I don’t sign up for them.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Isis »

I would have bet the game on this progression, Kanna. Possibly even if drusilla was unconfirmed, but definitely against anyone else.
When Pooky highlighted it I felt even surer rereading it
Spoiler:
In post 873, Kanna wrote: relates to specifically this part of this post
In post 484, drusilla wrote:
In post 476, Kanna wrote:i think it's still right to consider pooky town for the second condemn phase because if he was, we would have a better chance pulling down scum if we went with what he wantedyet if he was scum, he would pull us town but we would already have one scum caught
a lot of this is why i attempted to ask him 'where do we go from here?' which was apparently lost in animal sounds.
i said "we should consider pooky town for c2 because that gives us the best chance to find scum"
dru agrees here and apparently she had also been thinking something similar during c2 (that's why she was asking pooky where he wanted to go)
but when it actually came to the execution part of it, she goes plusjoy

it seems weird to me she got to the point of knowing what pooky wanted was important, and seemed to care enough to try and find that out, but then ignored it when she got the answer
In post 874, Kanna wrote:the tmi thing is also relatively nai, just saying. dru/isis are all good players and i think the best way to catch them out is finding what their motivation is

i think drusilla's motivation today has clearly been to advocate for a pooky elim and looking at the reasons, i find them p shaky. she's better than this. which means it's possible she's covering for isis so we should GO ISIS
In post 876, Kanna wrote:like i'm feeling slightly iffied because i can't be more convincing because some of this is soulread but i'm trying my best and i just really want this
In post 879, Kanna wrote:
In post 877, Isis wrote:Kanna you are making my heartstrings wiggle

You wouldn't be evil enough to post like that as scum would you?
what does it mean to have your heartstrings wiggle?

this is like my townie heart at it's peak
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1454, Kanna wrote:!!! i think it's amazing how much work went into it that the choices you make matters in the game! i'm also curious what choices you made the first time but i suppose that's spoilery
I think you know enough about me to know what one of the choices I preferred was :)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1458, Kanna wrote:
In post 1455, Loki Dokie wrote:
by this, i mean you were almost a UTR yesterday i find it strange you didn't get confirmed over plusjoyed or even me

i suppose mafia could want to purposefully not confirm a mostly townread player for wifom, but in that case, i think they'd try to frame me
Idk but if it is actually Tayl0r, than it definitely would make sense for her not to want to confirm me. NM hammered Pooky on D1, never voted Isis and only voted him after she scumread her, so I don’t really see the associatives between them. NM is such a frustrating player and got misvenged in a recent game but I think he’s more likely to distance his buddy in a more obvious way. Idk but if it is Tayl0r, she made brilliant choices. I still don’t get Drusilla’s argument on why scum!Ydrasse wouldn’t have aligned herself with a confirmed slot, whether it was me or not. I suppose it could be NM but why wouldn’t scum!NM confirm a slot who’s been defending him allgame? Maybe I’m just overthinking it.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Isis »

It's pretty easy to overthink N_M play.
"Well, I..."
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by drusilla »

In post 1464, Loki Dokie wrote:I still don’t get Drusilla’s argument on why scum!Ydrasse wouldn’t have aligned herself with a confirmed slot, whether it was me or not.
if town!loki's argument is to repeatedly say 'mafia would never be lovers with an unconfirmed', why would scum!ydrasse not want to be paired with town!loki?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:36 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1466, drusilla wrote:
In post 1464, Loki Dokie wrote:I still don’t get Drusilla’s argument on why scum!Ydrasse wouldn’t have aligned herself with a confirmed slot, whether it was me or not.
if town!loki's argument is to repeatedly say 'mafia would never be lovers with an unconfirmed', why would scum!ydrasse not want to be paired with town!loki?
But all of this happened before that even occurred to me, so how would Ydrasse even know this? I didn’t even realize it at first. Also, why does she even pick me over Kanna who apparently is much better at reading her or it would seem based off of Kanna townreading her tone. Or why not you? Why does she even pick me? This is yet another reason why I think it points to Tayl0r, because between NM, Ydrasse and Tayl0r, Tayl0r has the least reason to confirm me. Does anyone think it likely that scum!Tayl0r would confirm me? I definitely don’t.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:03 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Ydrasse and Loki
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:31 pm

Post by Kanna »

or maybe it isn't so unlikely that i was in the top 4 townslots :s i think i just think that because i played badly

current thoughts are loki's insistence that it's taylor pings me as well as the non confirm. he is also subtly defending ydrasse, which he has to do here if he were scum

technically nothing should have changed between yesterday when i was townreading him and now but it has. i will have to look at why i was townreading him. i feel bad though, because if it's loki, he's played really well

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Kanna »

town *should* vote the pair with 2 unconfirmeds, but it also just happens the slots i'm finding suspicious right now are those 2 slots. but i definitely don't want to end the day before thinking it through

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 pm

Post by Kanna »

mmmmmm but i think it's just loki and if not, then ydrasse

taylor is towny for the deadline hammer + pooky's early wagoning
n_m i think is more likely town than not

there's the argument that scum wouldn't want to pair with an unconfirmed, but that's wifom

Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:51 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 1463, Isis wrote:I think you know enough about me to know what one of the choices I preferred was
i want to hug isis ✿

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Isis »

I want to hug Kanna
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:01 pm

Post by Isis »

I had the same paranoia about Loki not being confirmed and how narrow his focus on Taylor is right now. But his thought process itself still seems town to me. On a macro level he is pushing the chess pieces the way they would need to be pushed if he is scum, but I feel like he is still wiggling them into the corners of spaces like a townie as he moves them.

It does feel a little like throwing not to clear Taylor for the hammer. I want to continue to play to maybe nail down that read.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”