Silent Star 2: Menagerie

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:13 am

Post by Isis »

VC on this page.

I have never seen Kanna powers used to make a sad face and I don't like it
Last edited by Hectic on Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:23 am

Post by Isis »

I like Jeremiah
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:40 am

Post by Isis »

I can't stop watching
"Well, I..."
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:09 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 1693, Isis wrote:VOTE: Ydrasse
VOTE: ydrasse
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:10 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

please pardon my lateness townqueen
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:44 am

Post by Hectic »

Votecount 2.3

[2] Ydrasse:
Isis, PlusJOYED
[1] Isis:
Tayl0r Swift

[3] Not Voting:
Ydrasse, Not_Mafia, Lokie Dokie

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to execute. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to execute.
The deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-30 19:51:07).

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Isis »

I watched it all in one sitting I'm not proud of what happened but what happened has happened

this miniseries gives me lots of thoughts
"Well, I..."
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:15 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 1696, Kanna wrote:drusilla, where do you stand? do you think eliminating the unconfirmed pair first is a good idea? should we save taylor?
i am happy with eliminating the unconfirmed pair first. i think i too prefer it. then tomorrow, if necessary, taylor can make the towncase/scumcase we have been promised and we can go from there. the votes are better for town if we eliminate the unconfirmeds first anyway. also, this:
In post 1045, Isis wrote:Ydrasse, Not Mafia, and Tayl0r Swift rank below you.

Ydrasse - it's more likely to have trouble getting footing in a game as scum compared to town. It feels mean when you have to scumread someone who is struggling if they are actually town, but that's how it is.
N_M - I felt like he didn't meme in any phase of the game as much as he would if town.
Tayl0r - being irritating in condemn phase is very weakly town indicative, I'm underwhelmed now. People have pointed out some possible inconsistency in her condemn phase mind set
feels like it could be helpful in trying to reverse engineer the mafia choices.
In post 1691, Kanna wrote:namely, loki is still moving his chess pieces in a way that makes me uneasy
In post 1164, Isis wrote:Loki doesn't seem as towny when he's being reactive rather than proactive but that's probably situational and I will probably stick with my early read
and if i start to squint...
why are the stars dancing?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

it seems that people have already been convinced but im happy to produce more content and engage. also happy to vote ydrasse, but dont want to put it at L-1 before we're ready since NM is a factor here.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Isis »

What are you driving at, drusilla?
"Well, I..."
drusilla
drusilla
Goon
drusilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:57 am

Post by drusilla »

In post 1709, Isis wrote:What are you driving at, drusilla?
that the pairings don't feel random... and that i can find scum explanations for what is making kanna uneasy about loki's play today, even though i still think it is most likely not mafia at this time. maybe simply i spent too much time looking through the thread and coming to the previous conclusion that now i'm just connecting things that aren't there.
why are the stars dancing?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Isis »

You think a lot
you're one of my favorite people
"Well, I..."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Ydrasse »

when i’m home it’s finally mafia time again for me
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i shall unleash a fantastic solve upon this thread
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 1706, Isis wrote:I watched it all in one sitting I'm not proud of what happened but what happened has happened

!!!!!

any non-spoiler thoughts? did you like it?
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Kanna »

@taylor, did you like the post restricted phase? can you sort this out?
Spoiler:
In post 1131, Isis wrote:
In post 1129, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1098, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1090, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:her lack of commitment and detachment is very scum-indicative. Mafia usually do feel detached in these nomination scenarios when they do not have anything at stake.
Especially when in those towngames I referenced, she played 180 degrees differently. And think about this, we all choose our respective animals because we actually LIKE those animals and therefore try to find the images we like the most but what does Tayl0r post? diseased sickly dogs. Do you think when she signed up for this game, she was enthusiastic to post those types of grotesque pictures? But she would very likely be upset if she got a red role PM and that very possibly could have affected the images she selected. Kanna managed to find cute bat picks but Tayl0r couldn’t even find one cute doggie?

And her growling and barking at Isis and me for liking one of her posts was strange and then she topped it off by voting for her both days, so hiding behind the Isis is a cat thing, how isn’t that antitown? But had she then not claimed it was “random”, at least it would be consistent but then she claims it wasn’t random, it’s because Isis was a cat. Now, if she was actually doing some solving here, making reads etc., I’d ignore all of the above but we have an important decision to make and Tayl0r apparently has no opinion on it and isn’t even putting a good faith effort in actually trying and when I contrast that with those three games of hers - marathon or not - the difference is clearly striking.
THIS IS SO MANIPULATIVE. if you know me youll know that i very much enjoy pushing buttons and posting images like that. i was having a blast. and had i rolled scum i probably would have done the same thing, and had even more fun doing it. youll see beaucoup shitposting in all my games (marathon games excepted somewhat because marathon games dont really allow time for that)
This is another contradiction... you said you were in a rush to get to the phase where you could post unrestricted, and it's intuitive that collective tolerance for posting images would drop at that point. Now you say you were loving the post restricted phase

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Kanna »

isis likes the happy kannamoji so i will grace the thread with another (´• ᴗ •`✿)

i am also looking forward to ydrasse's solve

Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1691, Kanna wrote:if drusilla agrees, then i must be right :> i also skimmed through the completed game and my opinion is unchanged

i think we win the game by saving taylor, so we kill everyone else. i would strongly recommend starting with the unconfirmed pair and then n_m if wrong

i've still got my suspicions about the unconfirmed pair - namely, loki is still moving his chess pieces in a way that makes me uneasy and ydrasse has been seeming disengaged for a long time. n_m could always be scum, but it's kind of a cop out and i don't wanna believe it i guess
Because I likely have the CORRECT chess pieces.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1703, PlusJOYED wrote:
VOTE: ydrasse
Why aren’t you listening to me? It’s NM. You’re the one who told me to listen to Dru. Everything points to NM. I’m tired of screaming into the void and I guess we’ll just have to drag this our an extra day because you and Kanna won’t connect the dots.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1710, drusilla wrote:
In post 1709, Isis wrote:What are you driving at, drusilla?
that the pairings don't feel random... and that i can find scum explanations for what is making kanna uneasy about loki's play today, even though i still think it is most likely not mafia at this time. maybe simply i spent too much time looking through the thread and coming to the previous conclusion that now i'm just connecting things that aren't there.
Scum!me doesn’t align myself with unconfirmed Ydrasse ever. If I’m scum here I don’t push NM because I know my game is over with Tayl0r clear, so I really don’t know wtf you people are even smoking.

If I’m scum here, I self-vote and encourage everyone to jump on me to put an end to my misery but because I’m town and like 99.9999% correct on it being NM, I will continue to push this to the freaking rooftops and pull my hair our until the rest of you realize that NM!scum is literally the only thing that makes an iota of sense.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

VOTE: Not Mafia

This is right.

Oh also scum!me doesn’t bus Pooky and put him at E - 2 when he still was savable but lets not vote the only unconfirmed slot who voted Isis, had the only actually good reason to confirm plus. Cuz that’s not like the most logical thing ever.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1688, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1243, Hectic wrote:
Votecount 1.18

[5] PookyTheMagicalBear:
drusilla, Isis, Loki Dokie, Kanna, Tayl0r Swift
HAMMER

[3] Isis:
PlusJOYED
Not_Mafia, PookyTheMagicalBear

[1] Not Voting:
Ydrasse

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to execute. If there is no majority by the deadline, the mafia will choose who to execute.
The deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-20 19:59:58).

Why are you people not reading this?

NM confirmed plus because he needs two misexecutes to win but after plus flipped green, guess who’s logically next? Did you guess NM? So obviously the smartest thing for him to do was to confirm plus and wifom you all to think that scum either bussed or was offwagon. It just beyond infuriates me when the obvious logical solve is right under people’s noses and they just totally ignore it. At least now that we have Tayl0r solved we at least won’t lose but why do we need to drag this out when we can get it right on the first take?
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Kanna »

i have my thinking bucket on

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1714, Kanna wrote:
In post 1706, Isis wrote:I watched it all in one sitting I'm not proud of what happened but what happened has happened

!!!!!

any non-spoiler thoughts? did you like it?
I liked it.
Spoiler:
A lot of scenes felt like a lot of suspension of disbelief on how succinct a conversation could be and how on-the-nose its key points would be. I couldn't put my finger on why I would get this impression versus any other drama but I noticed that feeling a lot. It didn't strain my suspension of disbelief past its individual breaking point but I felt cognizant of it.
There was similarly a lot of "too witty to be unscripted" dialogue, with characters using metaphors and similes and five dollar adjectives unexpectedly. I say similarly but this didn't bug me at all, it was more par for the course, although the last drama I watched was in Korean so I'm sure anything remotely clever was "uhm that phrase doesn't work in English so the subtitles will say she's disappointed in you", but what was different to other dramas was minor characters or evil characters having more equal mastery of it as they played around with terminology from the time period, "see you've got a gentleman admirer; no? is he not a gentleman or not an admirer?". That level playing field contributes to an impression that the other characters perhaps have a richer, right or wrong, view of reality than the protagonist with her nihilistic streak.. the protagonist is clever with language but some of it isn't truly much more clever than "I know you are but what am I?" or "I know you can, but may you?" shallower things.
The protagonist is definitely well balanced a sufficiently relatable vessel for empathy without.. imbalancing it in the wrong ways, I don't want to be more specific there for an unspoilered version. That part felt pretty well nailed to me.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Isis »

don't worry loki I'm selfvoting immediately after you flip
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”