Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Mirth »

If I wasnt happy with my vote on Farside I'd be voting you now, Strife.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Mirth »

I'm following you around because I obviously want to eat your brains. I might be scum, but if I were I wouldn't tell you. And yes, I have. First 2 newbies.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Mirth »

It was only sort of a joke and not random. I find it interesting that you only now pick up on that particular post after Strife already mentioned it. Any explanation why you only comment after he did?

Strife: In all seriousness now, I think you're being a bit hasty and this strikes me as suspicious. I am, however, not going to vote you (yet) because I'm leaving my vote on Farside for a reason.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Mirth »

I will answer that question once Farside answers mine.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #20 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Mirth »

EBWOP: i also find your defense of Strife worthy of note.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #22 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Mirth »

And you don't find me putting off the answer to your question worthy of note? Disappointing.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #29 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Mirth »

Strife you're making me a tad suspicious by calling the vote "obligatory." No one is obligating you to do anything. And the second part of it, where you make a joke, bothers me because your vote is clearly non-random, yet you're trying to play down your own reason (ditto with the obilgatory). I take no issue with voting for someone seriously for null tells, but I do take issue with not owning up to actions. This is what your post seems like to me. I am, however, a bit more interested in Farside right now. My reason there is very simple, but I will not say it until I see how Farside reacts to me.

I'd also like to hear from the other three people who haven't posted recently.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #31 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Mirth »

strife220 wrote:
Mirth wrote:Strife you're making me a tad suspicious by calling the vote "obligatory." No one is obligating you to do anything. And the second part of it, where you make a joke, bothers me because your vote is clearly non-random, yet you're trying to play down your own reason (ditto with the obilgatory). I take no issue with voting for someone seriously for null tells, but I do take issue with not owning up to actions. This is what your post seems like to me.
I hear the random voting stage is for random voting.
Not random when you back it up with a reason, no matter how flimsy. And have I mentioned I hate RVS?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #33 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Mirth »

You cited his 2nd vote. That is an actual reason.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #37 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:46 am

Post by Mirth »

I do not understand this. You vote Strife (same reason as what?) and immeadiately unvote? Why? Who ever said anything about the first voter being suspicious?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #40 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Mirth »

Sooooo you're going to change your voting patterns so it doesn't look bad in a 7 player? Yet you claim you wrote the wrong name beside your vote?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #42 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Mirth »

Fair enough. As to why I'm voting you:

Since I've been in a bunch of games with you, I've come to realize that you're darned hard to get a read on either way. Thought I'd vote you and see how you react. Congratulations, you pass for now.

unvote:Farside
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #44 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:18 am

Post by Mirth »

The second comment was intentially weird. Was trying to see if I could get a freaked out reaction from you.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #50 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Mirth »

Iam, no Strife vote because I think I've found someone more deserving of my vote, not entirely sure yet. Besides "at this point" was a page ago. Can't expect me to commit to anything with very much conviction on page 2, can you?

Sooooo Retro I don't understand...you're just contradicting yourself. Do you think saying you should have voted for Strife would make the rest of us feel better about you?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #53 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Mirth »

Sek: why so quick to excuse him?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #61 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Mirth »

vote:Azrael
w.t.f.? Why are we talking about killing on page 3? Also major scum points for planning a kill.

Retro is not off the hook for me though.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #64 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Mirth »

Eh, overlooking it doesn't discourage it. It's not the mistake that is bothersome, but the fact the he's backtracking.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #67 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:47 am

Post by Mirth »

Iam, its an issue because since it was RVS it doesnt actually matter who he voted. So whether he intended to vote one over the other, the rest of us had no reason to care since we'd all pretty much be assuming randomness. But he makes the distinction himself and backtracks. This is unsettling. Why should it make a difference to him?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #69 (isolation #19) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Mirth »

So you were just joking you say? Or are you just backtracking now so as not to look bad?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #74 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Mirth »

I'm not sure I understand your post, Farside. Clarify it a bit and I think I can take a shot at it.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #78 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Mirth »

Az, first of all, how is calling someone protown good? You think you can write Sek off as protown? Already? On page 4? After you admit to not reading most of the thread? Wow.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #83 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Mirth »

I am happy with my vote. Accidently missing a page of thread is one thing, blatantly ignoring questions and playing the emotional card is another.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #85 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Mirth »

I see you still fail to comprehend the issue with Retro. His correction was not necessary. Yet he did it anyways thinking it would effect how we view him. Why is he so concerned about this when random is random is random?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #90 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Mirth »

Sek, its actually being written off too much. Half the reason to do anything in this game is to convince others that you are town.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #92 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:12 am

Post by Mirth »

Retro, you playing the newbie card doesn't make you look better. Assuming that newbies can't be scum just makes you ping more on my scumdar. But I'm not voting you, so you don't even know how likely I think it is whether or not you're scum.

As for conversation pieces, why should I be the only one working on a conversation like your post seems to imply? Jesus H. Christ! This is supposed to be a game of involvement between people. If you're not happy with my conversation topics, start your own. As for conversation, its impossible to haver a conversation when one side doesn't respond. (I want answers from Az.)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #94 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Mirth »

...you'll look into something? Instead of "looking into" it, could you actually do it? Not starting conversations is not something to be proud of.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #97 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Mirth »

I can answer this for Farside, if she doesn't mind, since it's obvious. Sek defended you. No reason for her to do so.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #99 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Mirth »

You don't want townies lynched? Yet you say you don't know Retro is a townie, so how can you say you don't want him lynch. No one is talking about lynching him, so where are you getting these ideas from?

How exactly am I ignoring the Az thing? I left questions for him, I want my answers, but I cannot extract anything from him if he does not wish to type it. Or should I magically teleport over to his house and force him to answer at gunpoint? This is blatant misrepresentation. If I wasn't for the moment happy with my Az vote (btw, if you think he's scummy, why aren't *you* voting him or pursuing him past a single question?), I'd be voting you for that last post.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #103 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Mirth »

Azrael001 wrote:So Mirth you say that you want answers from me, but you have yet to ask any questions that are not rhetorical. At the risk of doing an OMGUS I am going to have to say that you seem to be trying a little too hard to get people to look away from you.

As for thinking that sekinj seems pro-town, I stand by that. I am not saying that he is pro-town, it just seems like it.

When I have something more useful to say I will say it. I am not going to write gibberish just to seem like I am not lurking. I am not super active, but I started late, and that is the excuse that I will take to the grave with me.

That is all.
I never asked any rhetorical questions. And I want people to look at me if it means they're thinking. Now answer my damn questions already, about Sek and the rest of it. Your posts so far are all useless in that they bring nothing to the table. You're doing exactly what you said you wouldn't: posting so as not to be called a lurker.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #104 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Mirth »

sekinj wrote:on a side note: I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm a he... I have a cute little cuddly kitty as my avatar...
Zindaras has cute kitties too.

He is the default. No matter how many times you correct it, it will happen.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #106 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Mirth »

iamausername wrote:
strife wrote:But saying "Sekinj seems to be the most pro-town player" is not something I see a pro-town player doing. This statement needs to be backed up - how could you get such a read so soon?
I don't think that saying someone "seems to be the most pro-town player" is particularly helpful, particularly when there's no accompanying list of who seems to be the most scummy, but I don't see why it's such an unbelievable thing for him to have such a read at this point. It's not like he's saying "sekinj is 100% confirmed town and anyone who votes for her is scum scum scum!".
It's an unbelievable thing because at the point he said it, Sek hadn't done anything that would really work as a tell either way other than defend Retro (and defending others who are in no real danger isnt really a good thing). He also avoided answering why he thought Sek was protown, so it look like blatant buddying.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #111 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:22 am

Post by Mirth »

retrowiz wrote:
Mirth wrote:...you'll look into something? Instead of "looking into" it, could you actually do it? Not starting conversations is not something to be proud of.
wow...mirth...you need to do somthing with your day other than this forum, unfortunatly I have a life and this game gets played when I have time...

then of course I make a point VS farside and you stick up for them...of course you attack others for quickly defending others, so why defending farside?!?!
I do do something with my life, thank you very much. When you post, I'd prefer if you actually posted content as opposed to posting something along the lines of "hmmm posting content might be a good idea. i'll consider doing it."

How am I sticking up for Farside, exactly? I'm pointing out why she did it, since her reason is pretty obvious, where did you attack Farside that she needed defense? As far as I can tell you asked a question. I answered it because the answer was obvious.

Sek: being obviously in agreement with someone doesn't automatically exclude anyone from being a scum pair. Don't write us off so quickly.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #112 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Mirth »

Oh, and before I forget, since Retro is so insistent that I go do something with my time, starting this weekend, I'm going to go into some training (evenings/weekends). This will last a couple of weeks, and while I'll still be able to check the forums every day, my posting rate will probably reduced from either busyness or exhaustion.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #114 (isolation #34) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by Mirth »

Az, I don't care if you're "lurking: or how often you post as long as you post content. (lurking doesn't make me suspicious unless it's like Xyzzy level lurking in Open Nightless...you can check my wiki page for the link. He had a total of maybe 3 posts in that whole game.) You are not really posting content though, not commenting on arguments, just making half-ambiguous statements . You still have not actually answered my questions. What actions? I have put my questions in one place. You can go back a page and find it, as I am not going to repeat myself when laziness is your only reason.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #121 (isolation #35) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Mirth »

[quote="retrowiz"but have fun on your vacation, I'm sure you deserve it! [/quote]

Vacation? Haha...I didn't realize giving up nights and weekends was a vacation.

Also huge FOS at you for even suggesting masons.

Iam, why am I scummy. Reasons would be great. And why do you think I'm scum with Farside specifically? Couldn't I be bussing newbie-partner-Retro or Az?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #125 (isolation #36) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Mirth »

Iam, you failed to answer my question of why I'm scummy. Also why do you think I'm buddies with Strife? Can you be so sure of this on page 5?

And Retro isn't scummy for not paying attention to the set up. The comment was scummy for speculating about powerroles.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #127 (isolation #37) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Mirth »

Eh, Az, please just answer the questions left for you and stop harping about your mistake.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #129 (isolation #38) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Mirth »

Azrael001 wrote: 10. This statement needs to be backed up - how could you get such a read so soon?

People act in certain ways when they are guilty, either too accusatory, or too defensive, or too nonchalant. Townies tend to be more relaxed and reasonable. Good scum know this and act accordingly. Either Sekinj is town or good at playing scum (in my opinion).
Why do I feel like I'm ICing a newbie game?

This depends entirely on the player. Some players change their playstyles, some don't. I tend to be foaming at the mouth no matter which side I'm on.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #131 (isolation #39) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Mirth »

At your case: I did not feel a need to comment as I already commented on those actions of Retros. I did not however think that you were seriously pushing a lynch on so little evidence so early in the game. You, sir, earn an FOS. We have another week. We need to use it.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #133 (isolation #40) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Mirth »

Hmmmm...speaking of deadlines...

mod: can we get an extension, pretty please with sugar and cherries on top?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #145 (isolation #41) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Mirth »

sekinj wrote:@mirth: Why did you think an extension was needed? This actually makes me more suspicous of you, cause it makes you look like you are trying to hard to be townie.
Because I don't like the pace of this game and I almost always beg for deadline extensions?

Retro: because I feel like asking now.

Farside: because it's what I do when I'm appeased, I did respond to Iam's comment in 50, actually, you must have missed, Retro's explanation is a whole lot of backtracking (i didn't mean to vote them but its still random!). Why those people alone, because they're currently holding my attention. This may or may not change.

Retro: I don't particularly care if you vote me, but please do so for a valid reason. Look at the kinds of questions we're answering for each other. Really darn obvious ones that anyone could address. Besides, if we were scum together, you'd think we'd being trying to associate?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #147 (isolation #42) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Mirth »

Oh, didn't realize that was what you meant. I thought you meant Iam commenting on Strife. I didn't go after Iam for Retro because it didnt look like he was defending Retro. It looked like he was just pointing out that Retro's reasoning is still wrong if he said he wanted to vote for the first poster, he did that originally.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #150 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:51 am

Post by Mirth »

Retro: I attack absolutely everyone at some point in time in the games I'm in, especially day 1 or replacements. Helps me get reads. Mostly I have no opinions on people personally, though there are a few players I love playing with because they're awesome. And one player that I will do my best to avoid like the plague. Other than that, despite all my raving, I'm personally neutral.

And maybe that's how you play it, but if an answer is clearly obvious, I'll throw it out unless I see some other intent in the question.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #154 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Mirth »

Azrael001 wrote:Quick everyone get Farside while he's gone!

(note this is a joke, please don't take it seriously.)
This doesn't earn you brownie points.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #156 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Mirth »

Or it could be Mirth/Farside. Or Mirth/Retro. Or Mirth/Az, if we want to talk about possible distancing. Strife got eclipsed for the time being. He earned some early scum points, but then Retro and Az came along. You seem to think I am scum, so question for you: regardless of my alignment (that is independently of me and my actions), do you think Strife is scum. (I am asking here if you think Strife is scum in isolation)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #158 (isolation #46) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Mirth »

FOS: Sel

After defending Retro, I have to ask, wtf?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #159 (isolation #47) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:36 am

Post by Mirth »

EBWOP:
FOS: Sek

I can't type.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #163 (isolation #48) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:59 am

Post by Mirth »

sekinj wrote:
Mirth wrote:
FOS: Sel

After defending Retro, I have to ask, wtf?
have you been reading what I've been saying?? or just maing the generalization that I've been defending retro. I did not think his first mistake was scummy. If you have noticed, I've called him on every "mistake" he's made since then.
I have been reading what you were saying. You have shown no indication of suspicion prior to this. Just writing him off as a newbie. But yes, you have asked questions. Considering your "its a newbie mistake" comments, said questions come off more as clarifying than anything else. Vote is out of the blue.

Iam, if I'm in first and Az is in second, why aren't you theorizing an Az/Mirth scumpair as vocally. BTW, don't talk about your protown vibes please.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #165 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Mirth »

Actually, in a game this size, its worse, because its more likely that people might agree with you on who is town due to sheer lack of choices.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #167 (isolation #50) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by Mirth »

Wow, I must totally be out of it. You are right, I apologize. I need to learn how to read.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #177 (isolation #51) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Mirth »

Azrael001 wrote:
When I am scum, I often defend those that I know to be innocent, for two reasons. Firstly, if they get lynched I will have been proven right, and this will reduce suspicion from me. Second, if I get lynched and am proven to be scum, it will look as though I am partnering up with the innocent one and may get them lynched. This is what I think that iamausername is doing. As such
Wow, way to softclaim townie here. This post bothers me soooooo soooooo much. We don't know if you're innocent. Don't claim it.

You also win scum points for even thinking about asking the cop to claim day 1 with no results. We don't even know if we have a cop, so this may be a moot point. There is absolutely
NO
reason for a cop, if there be one, to claim anything at all unless they have a guilty. My vote is very very happy where it is.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #181 (isolation #52) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Mirth »

Azrael001 wrote:I see, it's cop OR nurse and doctor OR Deputy. Yeah I guess we don't want to risk that.

My thinking was this: If the cop claims an no one counters that, we have one confirmed townie. The doctor (who I assumed existed) would protect him. We would then have the results of all of his investigations following. Essentially having an invincible cop right up until the doctor dies.

Should two people claim cop, we would then have one guaranteed scum. We then have a 50% chance of guessing right instead of a 14% chance of guessing right (barring all other circumstances). Even if we guess wrong we will then have a guaranteed scum the next day...

Of course this is a moot point as we may or may not have both a cop and a doctor.

@Iam I don't disagree with you, I just think that defending people is something that only someone with extra knowledge can safely do. Currently only the mob has knowledge of who is and isn't scum. Defending someone once is probably fine, but twice (or more) sets off warning bells for me.

Besides, if I was scum why would I vote for someone who has no votes? Mirth or retrowiz would be much better targets, setting them up for a hammer would be easy. I don't get scum vibes from them so I am not voting for them.

Wow, way to softclaim townie here. This post bothers me soooooo soooooo much. We don't know if you're innocent. Don't claim it.
Is the default claim not regular townie? Are we not all trying to convince everyone else that that is what we are?

Also, it is foolish to defend a team mate as
First of all, cop claiming D1 with no results is the stupidest thing ever. Really. If you are ever a cop in any game, please, please, please NEVER claim Day1 unless you are about to be lynched. Outing a powerrole to get a "confirmed" townie is not good. That powerrole might not even exist, and might out others. So this sounds like blatant role-fishing to me.

Townie is the default claim, but you have absolutely no reason to claim it until you are at L-1. Therefor your soft claim of "i'm so protown" is suspicous,
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #189 (isolation #53) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Mirth »

I'm going to be completely without game access until Monday. I need to leave for a funeral. I apologize for the inconvenience to you all.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #218 (isolation #54) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Mirth »

I have just finished catching up on my newbie games, I will get to this one next. Hopefully some time this afternoon/early evening. Again, sorry for taking so long with the catching up.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #221 (isolation #55) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:53 am

Post by Mirth »

Catching up now:

Retro 182: no, actually to the doctor thing. Doctor doesn't have to protect you regardless of what you claim. Doctor should use own judgment here. (There is only one time when the doctor should ever consider taking town direction or any direction but their own. This would be in a game with more than 3 doctors. See Shrek Mafia in my wiki for that explanation on how that might be helpful.)

Farside 184: I've already answered your comments on Iam you never responded to me about that. As for Sek, I was wrong there and admitted to being so.

Az 185: outting a confirmed innocent day 1 from anything other than absolute necessity is bad bad VERY BAD. Because that confirmed innocent will become the mafia target at night. In fact outting confirmed innocents is horribly bad in general unless there is a pressing need for it. (end game, about to die, think you'll be the nk and it will do more good than harm). also in general, it is actually not true that everyone is trying to pass as vanilla. for scum it is more beneficial to fake claim a power role. Mentioning that you might be the doctor is a horrible horrible horrible play. Doctor speculation is just as bad a cop speculation. Don't do it.

Strife 187: mostly agree. Except for the softclaiming. Never softclaim anything unless you have to.

Farside 191: neither do i.

Sek 197: true. so true. and not just here either.

Farside 195: why Iam if Az is scum?

Retro 197: this doesnt mean you shouldn't try.

Sek 200: this post bothers the hell out of me. Won't drop the hammer but okay with the lynch? the hell?

Az 202: you have absolutely no reason to say who you think is innocent before being lynched. this is bad if you are town. very very bad.

twilight: y'all could have tried to actually use it...

Az is town? wow. Az, maybe you should read mini 617. It's a great guide for newbies on how NOT to play town.

Retro 212: this post bothers me. seems like hes willing to defer to whomever

Iam 213: agreed about the deputy, as that could be two possible confirms right there or a guilty.

Retro 214: please read the rules

As per farside's request:

Retro, though I am not at all sure about this, since it could just be his playstyle.
Sek, for early defense of retro and a couple of choice comment including 200
Farside and Iam are tied since neither strikes me as particularly scummy, maybe because I barely have a read on either.

Retro and Sek are actually kind of even.

That is all. All caught up now. Just have 92 left. will hopefully get to it later today.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #228 (isolation #56) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:26 am

Post by Mirth »

Iam, I would have expected her to react *more* not just shrug it off. How is 97 buddying exactly? I'm answering a question that is horribly obvious. As for town players arguing for possibilities that they're scum, well because I always do it. I *HATE* it when people write something off off hand and when people soft-claim town. I do neither. I've played the "well I might be scum card" both as town and as scum.

As for 121, here's the explanation:
iamausername wrote:
retrowiz wrote:either your scum partners, or a masons...I'll hold that verdict for a bit though.
Well, since it's impossible to have masons in this setup, I know which one I'd go for.

Unvote, Vote: Mirth
. Az could definitely do with being less vague, but I'm still finding Mirth considerably scummier than him at this point.
You said this in reference to Retro saying that Farside and I either had to be scum or masons. You said we can't be masons so you'd lean toward scum. I asked why you'd think I'm scum with Farside. Does that make it clearer?

Oh I missed Sek as a partner? That's a shame. I very well could be scum with Sek, yes. :P
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #230 (isolation #57) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:37 am

Post by Mirth »

So that boils down to "mirth is suspicious because everyone else says so"? Great reason.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #233 (isolation #58) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Mirth »

Eh, thought I'd be polite.

Sure I'll find you posts in townie games where I've done this, but it might take a while since i still have a few more days of a rather time-consuming training left to go. You'll get it probably this weekend.

As for counterintuitive, for me it isn't. My theory of the game is this: you play to convince others that you're town but claiming that you're town is *not* a protown action unless you are forced to claim. Also, I believe in making people use their brains. I'm not going to claim anything in regards to roles or whatever unless I have to because I don't believe it is helpful until it becomes necessary.I will only claim this: I may be town, I may be scum, I know which I am, and if I have partners they know, and if I don't have partners the scum knows.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #237 (isolation #59) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Mirth »

Farside: I am fighting to make a point. I dont want to be in a game with people who ignore ll the possibilities.

Actually, Retro, as far as I can tell your whole suspicion of me amounts to I'm scum with Farside because we answered questions for each other. Tell me why I'm scum in isolation like Iam did, please.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #243 (isolation #60) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Mirth »

And it seems I'm right. I'm scum because I answered a couple questions for Farside and I must be lynched because Iam thinks I'm scum. Way to use your scumhunting skills, Retro.

Iam: here's one where I offer the possibility of me being scum in a town game. will find more later. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 29#1105929
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #246 (isolation #61) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Mirth »

Farside: and my priority is to get everyone to use their own heads. I defend myself when I need to, but I will never claim "town" just for the sake of claiming town.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #253 (isolation #62) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Mirth »

farside22 wrote:
sekinj wrote:EBWOP: Oh, nevermind. In answering all of iam's other questions I guess I forgot the one farside would be most interested in.

She can't be town all the time. I think it is odd that iam always thinks farside plays scummy, and I always thinks she plays townie.

In this game at first her and mirth were going side by side. When that was pointed out, mirth embraced it and said basically said that it could indeed be a scumtell, while farside distanced herself from it. That made it seem more like mirth was town and farside could be scum. I know when I am town I am less concerned that my action appear scummy.
Because I didn't want to answer questions for her? That's scummy?
Eh I could see what you are saying. I've stated I felt that way about others myself, however I answered her question since she answered mine. I was being silly at the time, but when someone stated we looked like scum buddies I realized that I can't be silly just because I know Mirth and enjoy her play style. I had to distance myself from her because I typically see her as town and I realized she could be scum.
This post bothers me a bit. Especially the buddying and the saying you had to distance yourself. Because I wasn't being silly, just answering your questions because I didn't think they should have been asked in the first place since it was obvious why you were voting Sek. I see no point in distancing here.

Sek: I tend not to back down from stuff regardless of alignment. Keep that in mind.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #256 (isolation #63) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Mirth »

Sek, meta me all you like, hopefully it won't help. I don't believe in meta pretty much and try to be consistent.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #258 (isolation #64) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Mirth »

Sek, not trying to sway you. Trying to keep you thinking. I'd prefer if people didn't rely on meta but on in-game actions.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #261 (isolation #65) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Mirth »

Eh, my 2 cents: I think it' a Sek/Retro scum pair.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #276 (isolation #66) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Mirth »

sorry, will respond to this game later, I'm cranky and tired and just want to go home. filler post to say I'm not ignoring this game.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #288 (isolation #67) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:56 am

Post by Mirth »

sorry, its been a busy couple days. Responding now

266 Farside: because I don't think you or Iam are scum? They made and early connection and with the recent posts from Sek I'm thinking they're scum (see post 200). Who to vote for? for me, either or. Probably Sek.

270 Farside: my thoughts are that I'd consider either suiciding or getting Retro lynched if he were my partner.

sek 271: this is weak

sek 274: please condense posts. its easier for the rest of us.

sek 280: i think he's both.

sek 283: why am i probably town all of a sudden?

agreed that if sek thinks Iam is def scum, she should vote him.

Farside: if I had to vote right this second, I'd vote sek.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #290 (isolation #68) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Mirth »

do I think retro/sek more possible than what?

You could do what you want, I'd want Retro back before I throw my vote on Sek.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #292 (isolation #69) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Mirth »

I already said I think they're scum partners. I don't understand your question?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #298 (isolation #70) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Mirth »

Sek, I love how you still didnt explain why you assumed I was town. I also love you easily you flipflop.

Farside: I don't know what it means in general, but that is what I think is the case. I want Sek dead but want to wait the 4 day until Retro gets back here to hear what he has to say.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #310 (isolation #71) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Mirth »

Eh, Farside, you can do what you want with your vote but my vote is staying off until Retro gets back because I want to hear something that isn't nonsense from him.

Sek: why not just lynch you, because the rest of us are waiting on Retro.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #312 (isolation #72) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Mirth »

Yup, agreed.

Only possible scumpairs here are as follows then. I'm listing all possible ones no matter how improbable I think they are:
Sek/Retro
Sek/Mirth
Sek/Iam
Sek/Farside
Retro/Mirth
Retro/Iam
Retro/Farside

By math alone, Retro and Sek are equally likely of being scum. Sek, what do you say to 4/7 odds that you're scum?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #314 (isolation #73) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:52 am

Post by Mirth »

Why?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #318 (isolation #74) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Mirth »

sekinj wrote:
iamausername wrote:
sekinj wrote:If retro is lynched and is town, we lose.
How do you think this is going to happen, exactly? Did you miss the part where, if you were actually town, retro would now be confirmed scum to you?
I don't agree with that completly, although i think it is likely that retro is scum. I still think there could be a mirth/iam scum pair. Why is that out of the picture?
Because if Iam and I were scum together, we would have quicklynched Retro with your vote already. If you did not think we were out of the picture as a scum pair, why did you not object to my math before.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #321 (isolation #75) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Mirth »

I'm not Iam, Farside :P
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #323 (isolation #76) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Mirth »

Why are you up at 6 am on a Sunday exactly? Sunday is for sleeping. Sleeping is good.

On topic: Retro should be back tomorrow. I'm really interested in hearing his thoughts.

Sek: Farside is right. I know I mostly ignored your equation because they didn't take into consideration all possibilities (namely the ones with you) and were weighted with opinion not fact.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #328 (isolation #77) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Mirth »

Sooooo care to do a case against either of us?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #333 (isolation #78) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Mirth »

Sek, if you think one of us is scum, it is your duty, if you are town, to put a case forward. The I'll watch and see thing isnt giving you any brownie points.

If no one has any objections, I'm giving Retro until the 25th to post, and then, unless he manages to do something so incredibly scummy that it tilts the earth's orbit, I'm voting Sek.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #335 (isolation #79) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Mirth »

Except now you're not actually playing. You say that Iam or I is/am Retro's partner. You are not giving anyone anything to back this up with. We know, due to math, that at least one of you and Retro must be scum. At least. Yet you are doing nothing to either defend yourself or put forward a case on your suspected scum or to establish a connection between suspects.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #341 (isolation #80) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Mirth »

So why am I scum exactly, Sek, considering your trust of me about a page back. Case, please.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #346 (isolation #81) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Mirth »

This is me also not hammering. Farside, your post only convinces me that Sek is scum as the case you have on her is stronger than the one on Retro et you vote Retro...
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #348 (isolation #82) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Mirth »

Yup. So the odds now:

Sek/Retro
Sek/Farside
Retro/Iam
Retro/Mirth
Retro/Farside

Retro has a 4/5 chance of being scum
Sek and Farside have a 2/5 chance of being scum
Iam and Mirth have a 1/5 chance of being scum

I still think Farside's vote is a little odd however, even if Retro is almost certainly scum.

Retro, claim please.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #355 (isolation #83) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:45 am

Post by Mirth »

I really do *not* like the hammer vote, especially considering I asked Retro to claim.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #357 (isolation #84) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Mirth »

Too little too late. If Retro is lying and anybody wants to counterclaim him
dont
. Let the lynch scene tell.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #361 (isolation #85) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Mirth »

So, Sek, are you going to make either of those cases now?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #365 (isolation #86) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Mirth »

I did read it Sek, but you said it depended on how Retro flipped. I was wondering if you had thoughts on that. And I don't like your quick vote. While it takes 2 townies to mislynch, its still too hasty.

As to doc claiming: I'm ambivalent and think it should be up to the doc. Because a mislynch in the circumstance of a claimed doc will be fatal, however a mislynch without a claim or a nolynch might not be. So my vote is whatever the doc thinks is best about sharing information.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #367 (isolation #87) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Mirth »

This is me not counterclaiming. I am surprised that you thought I was town enough to protect me night two. Farside, Sek, claims or comments?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #369 (isolation #88) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Mirth »

Also, Iam, nice breadcrumbing.
iamausername wrote:Yeah, this is Lylo, so NOBODY VOTE.

If we have a deputy, I think they should claim right now, since we now know there's no cop, so a deputy has no useful power besides claiming. If we have a doctor, they should avoid claiming today unless they start looking likely to be lynched.

Need to reread Day 1, since my #1 scumteam pick was obviously wrong.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #375 (isolation #89) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Mirth »

farside22 wrote:This is me chiming is saying not the doctor.
I have no issue with Iam's claim.
Mirth I don't see the harm with a claim at lylo. Why not get one person to claim in lylo so we have one player we know as town out of the equation. Iam saved you. My points yesterday about Sek now all but confirm her as scum in my book.

vote: Sek
Normally I have no issue with Lylo claims, in this case I was hesitant to ask about a claim because of the numbers. With 3 or 5 it would have been fine, but 4 is iffy for me.

While I am pretty positive Sek is scum, which I have been saying all of yesterday, I want her 2 cents before I hammer. I also want to do a quick reread on you. While I'm pretty sure you're town, and if I went by meta, I'd guess you were town, but see the quote you stuck in your sig. Gonna skim you to be safe.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #377 (isolation #90) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Mirth »

I see I missed some posts while I was typing that. Sek did not counterclaim. That was what I was waiting for with my stall post. If nobody has any objections, I will hammer now.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #384 (isolation #91) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:57 am

Post by Mirth »

Nah, I just skimmed all your posts, Farside. If you're scum, congratulations, you have us all fooled. Sek doomed herself when she didnt counterclaim.

vote:Sek
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #389 (isolation #92) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Mirth »

Sek, Farside is rather unpredictable, actually. Except that one game where we're both dead and she was scum. After day 2 it as obvious there.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #391 (isolation #93) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Mirth »

sekinj wrote:
Mirth wrote:Nah, I just skimmed all your posts, Farside. If you're scum, congratulations, you have us all fooled. Sek doomed herself when she didnt counterclaim.

vote:Sek
i doomed myself when I didnt' lie. great.
It's in scum's best interest to fake claim power roles when they can. If you beat Iam to the doctor claim, you might have won. Unless Farside is really scum here.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #392 (isolation #94) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Mirth »

sekinj wrote:well, now that I am dead: I will tell you the truth ---

I AM TOWN YOU IDIOTS!!!
Farside? Care to confirm or deny?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #398 (isolation #95) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Mirth »

Congrats. I did reread you and saw absolutely nothing linking you to retro and a lot of awfulness from Sek and no awfulness from you. I'm going to go nominate you for a scummy now, in case anyone feels like seconding. Also, honestly, you've killed me before, so it's not like I would have minded. At least it wouldnt have been night 1. ~coughcough~
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #403 (isolation #96) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Mirth »

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #404 (isolation #97) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Mirth »

EBWOP: The one thing I didn't understand was your vote on Retro though. You could have won yesterday as there was soooo much more on Sek.

Oh, and I've pretty much given up getting a read on you, btw. I'd like to get a chance to be on a scum team with you though. Since I prefer being scum and that should be fun.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #409 (isolation #98) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Mirth »

I wouldnt have placed the L-1 one either, actually, but I would have hammered Sek. As you might have noticed, even when I'm scum I'm a pretty cautious voter and tend to hold off. I think the only time I ever got involved in a quicklynch was Justice League, but only because I'd been pushing for that actual lynch since the beginning.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #414 (isolation #99) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Mirth »

farside22 wrote:
Greasy Spot wrote:
Well it seems like everyone blew their loads before all the cards were played. iamausername protected himself and farside targeted iamausername so no one was killed last night. We know iam and mirth will vote out farside today so good game everyone. That's a wrap.
I made sure to note the doc could not protect himself. :wink:
Especially since its very very rare that a doc can protect himself in a game.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #417 (isolation #100) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Mirth »

Well...it ultimately helped Farside that you and Sek were connected, but generally its about trying your darndest not to look scummy...so doing "good" would either be not getting yourself bandwagoned enough to merit a lynch or talking your way out of being lynched. If you guys had a chance to quickhammer, if I were you I would have gone for it.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #419 (isolation #101) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Mirth »

Nah, farside, you were squeaky clean enough to get away with anything.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”