[CHALLENGE] October Challenge

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

This is only half an idea, if I don't get around to finishing it I understand it's not a valid submission. I'm also ok if someone likes it and wants to finish it off

CHANGING FATE
10 Vanilla Townies

3 Mafia Goons

The wisened soothsayer cries "The mafia have come to our town, our fate is sealed.."

At pre-game each player is dealt face up one card from the Major Arcana of the Tarot, including
The Hanged Man
and
Death
. There is also a currently empty pile on the floor, for cards lost due to an fortunate case of death.

During the day players vote to swap cards i.e. VOTE: Hanged Man -> PLAYERX would cause PLAYERX's card to go back the other way if the vote passes. Day continues until either 3 swaps are passed or the deadline is reached, at which point the player with The Hanged Man dies, dropping it on the floor.

During the night town players may use the abilities associated with their cards (this is the bit I've not sorted yet). Each Mafia player may either swap a card or use the Inverted ability of their card. If only one Mafia remains they can do both. At the end of the Night, the player with the Death card dies, dropping it on the floor.

Win conditions are as normal.

Beyond The Hanged Man and Death, some ideas I've had for cards are.
The Fool
could make you a Jester -> You win if you die instead of your base alignment's win con if the Jester was the last card you held before The Hanged Man or Death kills you.
The Lovers
could be a 1-shot cupid? or maybe a lovers relationship with the previous person to hold it
The Sun and The Moon
feel like they might be action-investigative in flavour
The Heirophant and High Priestess
feel like they might be protective?
The Tower
could be a roleblock or some other form of misfortune

I'm imagining the balance point is a few of the cards with one-shots attatched to the card (some with town abilities, some with mafia, some with both - weighted in towns favour a bit), a few vanilla cards and maybe one weird effect like I've suggested for the Fool or the Lovers, maybe something like

CARDSHanged Man -> Elim
Death -> Mafia Night Kill
3* 1-shot town/vanilla maf
2* vanilla town/1-shot maf
1* 1-shot town/1-shot maf
4* vanilla
1* weird alignment effect/multideath trigger/"fun"
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Don't worry, not even sure I'm gonna finish mine yet. I was happy with the idea but I'm still kinda learning balance
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I thought it was up to the challenge setter, not a vote, sorry. Though I never finished mine so maybe I don't count anyway

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”