[SETUP] The Last Of The Red-Horned Dung Beetles

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Isis »

This is scumsided right?? Like 2:7 mountainous with an alternate way for scum to win. There's X doctors that aren't named townies but that doesn't seem like enough?

That said the mechanics are very appealing aside from the balance.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Isis »

Is the flavor supposed to imply that Dr. Zenkava investigations can only happen one time per game?

If they can happen twice per game they are OP

(they might be OP anyway)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Isis »

In post 6, Something_Smart wrote:surgeons probably can't ... coordinate
this seems, mostly wrong? The town can make an unofficial majority vote between "All Surgeons rescue Dr. Zengava tonight" and "No Surgeons Rescue Dr. Zengava tonight" with equal participation from players of all roles, then have the surgeons abide by it, to reduce the risk of the undesirable outcome of a single Zenkava occuring all game. With 0 Surgeons it's just an exercise, with 1 you very slightly reduced the agency of your surgeon but he gets to operate again Night 2 to finish it, with 2 it's perfect, with 3 you waste one surgeon's action but that doesn't seem harmful enough to dissuade the strategy given that having 3 surgeons is unlikely. At 4 it's starting to look like a rand that was pretty hard for town to win anyway given the macho effect on the surgeons.
The surgeons don't need to actually out themselves to develop a coordinated strategy, and they can pick a strategy based on what they think the gamestate is like (if it seems like both scum are probably doing equally well or the game is an associative spiderweb then operating becomes really good)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Isis »

It's actually one misreading that domino effects into the second one, but yeah my eyes glazed over exactly for being a superfluous word except when it's definitely not a superfluous word.

Not sure I can object to anything in the setup at this point.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #12 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Isis »

hmmm
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #13 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by Isis »

I think it'd be cool for holding a beetle to suck for the sentries, first run of the setup. The caretaker process becomes more interesting
"Well, I..."

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”