FGO Mafia - Notes and Actions: Moon Cancer)

Forum for old private topics
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

FGO Mafia - Notes and Actions: Moon Cancer)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by Cabd »

This Private topic is the only allowable place to speculate upon the identities of other player slots, and can be used for general note-taking. These private topics may also be used for any situation in which you would normally PM the mod, so long as you bold your request/action. As with any other out-of-game thread, directly quoting from this location is a mod-killable action, so please ensure not to do so.

Role PM as per request:
Cabd wrote:
Servant Class: Moon Cancer
True Name: BB (Summer), BB (Pele), BB-thotep, Nyarlathotep

Attribute: Earth
Traits: Divine, Giant, Female, Servant, Super Large, Weak to Enuma Elish

BB (Summer) had good intentions. At some point. We swear! She was totally subverted by the goddess Pele. After all, she would never torment humans for her own amusement, or attempt to drive them utterly mad, or threaten them with complete annihilation. Must be a different BB we're thinking of.

Skills:

Self-Modification
Two-shot: At night, select another player. You will receive a copy of any investigative results they have obtained that night.

Aurea Porc Pocua: Golden Pig Grail
At night, when using this skill, gain one additional charge to your Noble Phantasm bar. Any investigative roles targeting you will receive a result of 'no result.'

Faceless Moon
One-shot (Night Two and beyond only): At night, select another player. They will be forced to take the exact same actions they did the previous night, regardless of any role restrictions or Noble Phantasm charge bar level.

Noble Phantasm:

Cursed Cutting Crater - C.C.C. (*****)
During the day phase, PM the mod to activate your Noble Phantasm. Any players who are voting for you at that timestamp lose one charge of their Noble Phantasm. A tally of the Attributes of all players voting for you will be PM'd to you as well (but not who has which Attribute).

With a Master:
The Attribute list will include which players have which Attributes. Once during Day One and once during Day Two, you may target another player. That player will receive their 'With a Master' upgrade, but it will not be announced publicly, nor will their alignment be revealed.

Alignment: Town
Win Condition: All non-town aligned players have been removed from the game, or nothing can prevent this from happening.
Last edited by Cabd on Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Cabd »

Thank you for the proofread, I will adjust it as such.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Cabd »

I don't mind doing so for you, sure. This is your scribble pad, I just live in it.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Cabd »

CCC is enhanced, so you can use it with a master, absolutely.

Votes for the town master are not processed and are treated as an unvote.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #14 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 11, Cabd wrote:CCC is enhanced, so you can use it with a master, absolutely.
This is a less-fancy way of saying "It will do nothing, as nobody will be voting you, but doing so WILL drain your charges as per the game mechanics/rules"
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 34, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Can the master vote be hammered or does it only end with plurality when the time is up?

I'm planning my "HAHA, FUCKERS, GOOD LUCK DEALING WITH MY UPGRADES SCUM BUDDIES POWERS, NOW TO EXIT THE THREAD AND LEAD MY TEAM TO VICTORY" post but I don't want to do it prematurely.
It can be hammered.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 44, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:about as common as covid cases in America. Nearly fucking everyone has it. (Is... is it too soon to make a topical joke like that?)
Probably, but here we are.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #76 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by Cabd »

Obviously this topic is immune to usual posting rules.

That said, if you're going to subscribe to new posts, please change the email to something that isn't mine, so that the function is actually useful. I will change it back post game when you're done with this rental home.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #156 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Cabd »

nice catch, fix'd.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #158 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Cabd »

Usually the back button will recover what was cached.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #202 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Cabd »

Hey moon cancer, why did you write that~?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #342 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Cabd »

Do not reference mod communications in that way. First and ONLY warning.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #348 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Cabd »

Ignore it.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #391 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Cabd »

My 1-year-old goes to sleep between 8:00 and 8:30 so 9:00 p.m. assures that most likely I'll be available to do what needs to be done
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #404 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 402, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Trying to keep people in suspense about his alignment probably only works if they don't think you're a huge troll.

The fact you even wrote that flavour means Assassin is town.

Prove me wrong.
I didn't write the flavor. Penguin does all of that.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #437 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by Cabd »

You can request your charge at any point. As of right now it is zero.

You gain a charge at the points indicated in the OP's setup rules.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #455 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by Cabd »

What exactly are you asking me?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #459 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Cabd »

No chain upgrading. The player who receives their "with a master" upgrade gains a new role PM with more specifics on how upgrades conferred work. Since you're NOT the winner of that, this info is all you get.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #475 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Cabd »

VC Moon Cancer-1:

Talk a lot (1): Moon Cancer
Talk not a lot (0):
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #487 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 485, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:You have one too many brackets in your thread title.
Thanks.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #488 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Cabd »

I have moved the ending parenthesis to a new home.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #490 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Cabd »

It's a little closer to home for you.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #525 (isolation #22) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by Cabd »

I count like 18 people signed up for it. But that queue updates very slowly. And I have the mods on discord and a turbo f5 key. Bring it.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #527 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Cabd »

Too bad I have tammy on my side nyehehehhee.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #542 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Cabd »

Of course if you don't go post in the mini queue thread on your main to confirm your pre in I get the for sure first hi guys because they'll take you out of the game.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #588 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Cabd »

Man I miss when pokemon iterated upon itself, not threw gimmicks at the wall.

/oldmanonlawn
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #591 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Cabd »

HGSS remains the best imo.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #593 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Cabd »

Yeah nintendo thinks even fun glitches should be killed on sight. It's why speedrunning hates the switch patching feature.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #626 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Cabd »

I'd feel bad, but I don't. I even have my daughter time play on the floor pajamas on.

Nyeh~
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #629 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Cabd »

Do you really need to ask?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #631 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Cabd »

She's actually quite pleased with herself in the image that's from!
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #635 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Cabd »

I'll be over here spinning my one year old around the room until she gets too dizzy to do anything but snuggle her giant stuffed lion plushie.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #637 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Cabd »

My real goal is to simultaneously post the flip alongside the "hi guys" post in tammycho game beating you to the punch for the one-two combo, you got me.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #646 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Cabd »

~ means about, nerd.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #649 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Cabd »

I can be off by as many hours as I want.

I'm gonna make a PT, invite every other slot to it, and put the flip there.

Then release it to you five minutes before night ends~
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #653 (isolation #35) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Cabd »

Mafia time transcends all known time zones.

I've set alarms for 4AM deadlines many a time.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #659 (isolation #36) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Cabd »

Just because you lot hate efficiency doesn't mean that I'm not trying to min-max this thread.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #662 (isolation #37) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Cabd »

Not 4 hours.

~4 hours.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #665 (isolation #38) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Cabd »

5:36 to 9:24 does not exactly four hours make. You're 12 minutes off.

You suck at math.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #668 (isolation #39) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Cabd »

Yards are for mowing.

Because your neighbors get all bitchy when you let it grow too tall.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #673 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Cabd »

To make you suffer, mostly.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #681 (isolation #41) » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Cabd »

I wish :~(
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #707 (isolation #42) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by Cabd »

Your results would have been worded differently had your role failed to process for whatever reason.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #742 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 739, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I think I just want to get rid of Lancer tomorrow and then think about whether or not Ruler makes the most sense as the final scum after that.

Lucky for me, though... I have a role that actually alleviates the need for me to think about that if we eliminate scum tomorrow!

On that note, I should probably check..................................

How does roleblocking interact with Faceless Moon?

Scenario A: "Roleblocker A" targets "Player B" N1. I target "Roleblocker A" N2 and "Roleblocker A" targets me N2. Am I roleblocked or does my action apply before "Roleblocker A"?
Scenario B: "Roleblocker A" targets me N1. I target "Roleblocker A" N2 and "Roleblocker A" targets player B N2. What the fuck happens here? Because I think I just created a a time paradox.
The general answer to this is that "Taunts resolve before any other action in the game, and a taunt is applied on a night, then sits active until it fires off on the second night"
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #748 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Cabd »

^Yep
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #750 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Cabd »

You can't right now!

But with your NP...
Unless explicitly said otherwise
, you may only use one active skill on any given night.
Noble Phantasms are not skills, you may use a Noble Phantasm and a skill simultaneously.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #754 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 752, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Town have a factional night kill!? Why haven't we been using it?
Hey man, it's the mod's job not to judge players for being stupid. No matter how dumb they might act... by like.. doing something like making a 750 post notes PT
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #756 (isolation #47) » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Cabd »

Right, he has time to repent before he hits peak stupid.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #762 (isolation #48) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Cabd »

Good thing you're stuck with a shit mod.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #764 (isolation #49) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Cabd »

I do it entirely from memory with one eye shut; and the other blinking "help me" in morse code.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #766 (isolation #50) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 757, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Self-Modification: Ruler
Ruler received no investigative results.

You have no remaining shots of Self-Modification.

You have two charges on your Noble Phantasm (**)
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #768 (isolation #51) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Cabd »

Right but your Noble Phantasm has no mouth but must scream.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #785 (isolation #52) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Cabd »

Your action explicitly resolves before blocks, yes.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #789 (isolation #53) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Cabd »

Yes
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #793 (isolation #54) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 786, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Oh well

Guess the obvious decision here is:

FACELESS MOON: RULER

And then stop caring about this game until D4 starts.
Noted.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #798 (isolation #55) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Cabd »

About a month after ya'll do it, we follow suit.

Enjoy your month long WIERDNESS, nerd.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #800 (isolation #56) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Cabd »

Not a fan either but farmers gonna farm.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #803 (isolation #57) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by Cabd »

Yeah, farmers lobby for it because it gives them more "daylight hours" and they're a very powerful lobby.

Another big lobby behind DST is actually candy manufacturers, because extra hour of Halloween. Not even kidding.
Show

Return to “Completed Game Topics”