Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Mini Normal 2171 | innocentvillager's Note Thread

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

innocentvillager - ODD NIGHTS TOWN VIGILANTEYou are an
Odd Nights Town Vigilante

Each day you may talk in the game thread and vote on who to eliminate.

Each odd night (night 1, night 3, night 5, etc. ) you may visit a player. Assuming no interference, that player will die.

You win when all threats to the town are dead.

The game thread is here, please confirm your role and alignment via pm.

ACCESSMods: Mizzytastic, the worst, implosion
innocentvillager
Last edited by Mizzytastic on Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:02 am

Post by innocentvillager »

uh i was planning on trolling and doing nothing this game but if im a vig i actually have to find scum

this is really sad

also i have a lot of power...? might not be too many PRs this game
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:09 am

i really do not want to get nightkilled

if i get E1 and intent'd i think that's bad, maybe i can think of some boring fakeclaim though (gahh i don't know the strat for this??), if not scum just kill me i think since im way too powerful

i don't really know what happens if scum hits me and i hit a scum (either the killing one or a non-killing one) on N3, so that may affect how i claim on d3

i have no idea if i should shoot n1 or not, i guess it will just depend on if i have any scumreads or not, but it's weird like how confident do I actually need to be to want to shoot? if i have 0 reads should i still shoot knowing that i have a random chance to hit scum? should i not tip off the scumteam that there's a vig this early, or is it already obvious because everyone knows there's a doctor?

that said, if i vig and it doesn't go through, is that like grounds for my vig claim, assuming town doc doesn't doc a slot that I think is scummy, because like, that's a bad doc target

i want to survive to night 3 im pretty sure so i can kill then when the choices are more limited

it is a lot of pressure to have this much power. with great power comes great responsibility
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:10 am

yeah i can't really be my obvtown self this game
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:12 am

this is also my first notes pt let's try it out and see how it goes

maybe ill be a rambling maniac here and this will just be 100+ pages long

at least i don't have to feel bad about clogging the thread and i can just monologue here all i want
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:13 am

1. osuka
2. Ydrasse
3. shellyc
4. PookyTheMagicalBear
5. MiniMegabtye
6. arachnidsGrip
7. Dongempire
8. TheGoldenParadox
9. Battle Mage
10. bob3141
11. Gamma Emerald
12. innocentvillager
13. Tayl0r Swift
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:15 am

I have experience with:

-1. osuka
-2. Ydrasse
-3. shellyc
-4. Pooky (minimal)
-9. Battle Mage
-10. bob
-13. TSwift
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:24 am

Pregame thoughts. Will probably meta along the way

Let's start with

1. osuka

-Fairly minimalist enigmatic playstyle. I did a pretty brief metadive on this slot.
-Playstyle almost seems to have gotta more and more minimalist with experience.
-Overall pretty competent player and he knows it.
-Believes scum!suka and town!suka post nearly identically, whether or not that is the case. but it's important to know that he believes it and deliberately structures his posting/meta around not being too polarized
-It's possible scum!suka tries to emulate previous townplay. It's a bit awkward because there's a very large plist overlap with an ongoing game with slots (1,2,3,10,12,13) (don't modkill me plz)
-town!suka can be pretty stubborn. stubborn unsubstantiated pushes against slots could be a towntell, but again, some awkwardness was present here historically so im not sure how reliable of a tell this is
-im not sure how he's going to *deal with my slot* this game, this is very interesting and remains to be seen, also some awkwardness around ongoing games will be present for a bit
-potentially believes mental breakdowns are scummy.
-overall i don't expect this slot to be very easy to read
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:30 am

2. Ydrasse

-new player on the rise, potential future scumrange not well defined
-Completed (scum) game experience: Mini 2156 Launch Mob by Umlaut.
-scum!Ydrasse was very underwhelming. Posting had almost no presence and floated in the background, having meek narrativy opinions
-response to pressure seemed very apathetic, not sure if genuine scum!apathy or feigned town!apathy (excuse: "boring is just how i play", which wasn't really true because I don't *think* town!Ydrasse is boring, or at least has a bigger presence)
-again a little awkward around ongoing games
-not many games on this site, again my point about the future scumrange not being well defined is important. With newer players I need to account for the potential expansion in scumrange. Which I believe will be done INCREMENTALLY and not like "crazy different" from the previous scumgame, UNLESS IT LOOKS FORCED WHICH WOULD BE SCUMMY (as an attempt to pocket people who know her play), I have seen newb!scum attempt to force change their scummeta and it looked really awkward.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:41 am

3. shellyc

-has rolled scum a hilariously disproportionate number of times that it's almost a meme at this point (scum!shelly
again
), will probably make a "pure townie energy joke" at some point early in the game
-posts well, fluidly as scum, doesn't necessarily have a rigid scum!trajectory either (can back off previous day solve and turn around with something different, like in Newbie 2023 when she started thinking worsty was town suddenly). fluid posting will not really be an alignment tell
-probably confident as either alignment but I'd expect scum!shelly to be slightly more confident
-don't think they really try to manipulate their meta too much especially with the success they are seeing as scum
-a little awkwardness too with ongoing games
-I don't actually have as much meta on this slot as I probably should because I didn't *really* play with them in Newbie 2023, I died before they replaced in, idk if it's worth rereading it
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:48 am

4. Pooky

-people like Pooky, not much experience but i do too, he just seems chillax and fun
-thinks my avi is cute and my posting is cute (i mean who wouldn't tbh. i am very cute)
-but yeah, minimalist, small one-liner posts, fun posts, town!Pooky sometimes goes after things they believe are a little weird but no like hard pushing i think, idk if that's even going to be town!indicative though
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:01 am

5. MiniMegabtye

-I see this name a lot but the join date is recent. looks like they mostly have played a few newbies with 1 scum game, like okay whatever
-1 scum game looked really underwhelming on a very brief ISO skim. just like no content and it seems they struggled a lot to come up with content. Catchups were bland and narrativy. Lot of apologizing for being behind. if any scumrange expansion happens it's going to be incremental again imo, anything vastly different from this provided it's doesn't look FORCED will be very towny
-1st town game Newbie 2019 I skimmed before. More inquisitive than the scumgame. Asked questions. Was confused and openly admitted it, never did in the scumgame. Some narrativy posts but not nearly as much. Defeated "okay if you think it's me whatever, i think it's shelly" last post.
-i think this slot MIGHT be on the easier side to read but I'm not sure. any slot i can read as town or scum will help a lot with my vigging so i should focus on the easier slots
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:01 am

6. arachnidsGrip
7. Dongempire
8. TheGoldenParadox

will look at these later, never played with these
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Reminder: if you have any mechanical questions about your role feel free to ask them in bold or PM me directly - MizzyMod
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:27 am

9. Battle Mage

-this is a fun slot, 3 completed games (town Open 787 Lovers, cultleader part Open 786 Cult, Mini Normal 2156)
-town!BM one time just completely deathtunelled Norway and was lol emoji ing the whole way, it was
kind of
clear that he was town just having fun with a push and not caring about being the main driver, he just thought the gamestate was hilarious and wanted to be a part of it. weird micro game dynamic though, idk how much town!BM will do this
-scum!BM can post fluidly and convincingly, i lazily wrote him off as a quick D1 town in 2156. he gets into wall wars with people and back off, I've seen this with midway in Mini Normal 2156 and with Korina in Open 786. If he thinks something is scummy he will push it even as scum. There was a bit of weird scum fencesitting in Open 786 where he successively pushed town!Korina, said they couldn't be CL, then immediately admitted they might be CL, very bizarre. I could watch out for one of these weird fencesits if he gets into some wall war but i wouldn't consider the absence of one to be a towntell
-the mentality of him just pushing things "town him would" is annoying to read but i think the AI tell will be in HOW he handles the push in the middle and the end, and not so much as the beginning of the push
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:29 am

@mod thanks, i will think more clearly about what I want to ask and bold it
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:38 am

Post by the worst »

hi iv, I'm your biggest fan
(quackup mod egopost)
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:02 am

hi worsty, in my head currently i have a disturbing large picture of your avi superimposed with a duck peering down into small glass dome with my avi in it and the 3 mafia slots

i guess this won't be the first time you're laughing at me fail!solve this game from above and peer into my inner psyche :O
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:10 am

10. bob3141

-low sample size but feels a bit polarized, so i might try to read this slot early
-somewhat strange style of reads that I want to see a lot of from town!bob. might find associatives and tells in weird things
-can townspew when wagoned
-i want to see the thought PROGRESSIONS. the wagonomics analyses. the "think this because x" but reevaluates and "no actually this makes more sense with more information". town!bob thinks they are a sick scumhunter so I want to see the somewhat self absorbed, not-self-aware EGO from bob, solving the game.
-super low activity is probably going to be a towntell, unless there are some pretty meh walls in there.
-dislikes scum. Will put some effort in as scum so as to not be like a let down but I don't really believe their scum!posting will have the same energy and quirkiness/self absorbedness as their town!posting.
-a little awkwardness around an ongoing game
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:11 am

11. Gamma Emerald

-see this name a lot, never played with them, probably good player, so i don't really care, im trying to read easy slots
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:26 am

12. innocentvillager

-experienced but pretty poor player. how is he so bad with his join date of 2012, I don't get it.
-(Generally just very unconfident and needs a lot to form even small scumleans and strong townreads)
-literally doesn't have scumreads outside of PoE. if he has a scumread it's like probably more likely to be scum than random
-probably scum this game
-confident townreads are like... probably more correct than random, un-confident townreads are probably like... random
-has a monologue-y style. as scum he tend to be more monologuey and make strangely confident pushes. he doesn't really like... push as town. it's just not consistent at all. as town he tend to be more inquisitive and waffly. at some point as town he will probably townread everyone in the game.
-tends to have a more energized presence and solving mindset as town. he hates being scum and severely struggles to come up with content. Not many players really know this and mis-elim him anyway (except maybe worsty)
-cares a lot about meta so he might do something really dumb any game simply for the sake of mixing up meta
-can be mis-elimed as town D1 but historically never (i think?) as scum D1, but as scum almost always on a later day

-others perception of him: has the tone and reads of a clueless newbie
-so probably just bad because he doesn't have scumreads or reasoning for townreads
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:28 am

13. Tayl0r Swift

-town/PR posting comes off concise/succinct (not necessarily minimalist), abrasive, annoyance is a common thing
-their last (only) impression of my townposting is probably erratic, emotional, readless, don't have unique thoughts and "agreeable"
-some awkwardness around ongoing game
-also a newer player surprisingly, but has the confidence of an experienced player, im not sure what their scumrange boundaries look like at all or how much expansion potential there is
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:58 am

okay beginning strats

Posting style:

-Goal this game is to not monologue my every thought in game thread unlike like any other game. that's why I'm using a notes PT
so I can annoy mizzymod and worsty with my every single thought which they are definitely going to read

-ask questions when I'm curious about something genuinely and not abusing it. maybeeee use more correct grammar/punctuation to differentiate my posting style a bit. a little bit of narrative-ness is fine. no big dick energy like im some sick PR.
-should I let people know I have a notes PT and am monologuing in there? if it comes up, i think so, i don't see why not, might reduce the PR telling I give off because that's a reasonable explanation for why I'm being minimalist. I probably shouldn't bring it up unprompted though since that might be too intentional PR-like.
-I wish the scumteam knew that I historically have a tendency to be unnaturally engaged as TPR because I feel more responsibility and want to appear VT-like. (Newbie 1730, Newbie 2017 come to mind). Because i won't be engaged this game.
-My gunsmith role in Mini 2156. If I play pretty differently from there and less monologuy I don't think scum!Ydrasse, scum!BM will think I'm TPR and will avoid nightkilling me. idk about others. but maybe mini 2156 will come up in conversation and i can make it clear I was gunsmith in that game, so whoever scum is will look there as a reference. I think it'll be a bonus to post in that way

Crumbing:

-ehhhh i don't want to soft when I'm this powerful. i could just crumb like something super cryptic but I might just not.
-I might soft my kill target later, especially if doesn't go through N1? I haven't thought about it really but it seems of limited use anyway when it's obvious there is a vig and no one will cc me (probably)

Shooting n1:

-I think I should REALLY try to. I know I am town and I think my confident townreads are actually slightly better than a coinflip and any scumlean is probably also (provided I have any)
-I think the answer to my earlier question is even if I shoot randomly town N1, hopefully I can live to N3 and shoot again and make the odd parity thing again. Not using the OP town power seems wrong.
-I should also be watching for town dynamics, shooting people who are likely to be elim'd tomorrow if not shot, etc., in addition to considering my own reads. But whatever, I feel like this will become apparent or not over time and shouldn't worry about it rn
-I skimmed NAR and Vig pages on the wiki so I have a decent idea of what's going on there now (i think?)

Scumhunting:

-I'll just kind of let bob be bob and hopefully sort him by the end of D1 so I can decide whether to vig him or not.
-Same with MiniMegabyte. These 2 slots I need to try to sort by EOD1 to narrow down my N1 shot pool
-Hopefully Ydrasse, BM I can have some read on too.
-Same with shelly and osuka but to a lesser extent
-meta slots 6-8,11 at some point especially if they do anything notable in-thread
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:25 am

pg1 thoughts (obviously it's pg1 so it doesn't matter)

osuka entrance of excitement for the game thread opening was towny and the shelly vote is consistent with what town!him would do. there is a scum PT that he can socialize in instead. also the "MS is slow" is vaguely towntelly. there is noise here obviously because he was clearly exciting in normal thread before receiving PM.

bob's "so close" also sort of townie, he genuinely was trying to be the first poster, and the so close mindset is not like he's trying to towntell.

Ydr, mini probably not partners with that greeting, doubt it's intentional fake scum

arachnid is like pure newbie to mafia but has "played social deduction" games. Their vote on me is interesting given that justified it with "like your username". almost a little self-conscious-y gut pingy to me.

BM just claimed wtf? let's see how this develops. Probably town!indicative because why does scum take that much attention??

first thought I like bob's reaction to the claim, osuka's is more NAI
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:32 am

im going to try to sort:

-arachnid (think this very slightly leans scum on tone alone but I'm going to wait on this read before saying anything). no completed games unfortunately but I can follow along with the other concurrent Newbie they're in
-BM (already feel like the claim is towny)
-bob (already feel like this is a townslot)

Return to “Completed Game Topics”