Micro Game Queue Thread (Players and Mods)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Micro Game Queue Thread (Players and Mods)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:29 am

Post by Isis »

Click here for the new Micro Queue thread.

☆ ☆ ᔓ ᔓ ᔓ Micro Queue ᔕ ᔕ ᔕ ☆ ☆

Micro Games
are mafia games of four to nine players, played in the Mayfair Club subforum. There will be up to two games available for signups in the queue at one time.

Being a player
Requirements for joining a game
- By default, there are no requirements for joining a Micro Game, although playing a newbie game first is recommended. Moderators are allowed to set requirements on who joins, though, so click the link associated with the game you are trying to join to confirm you meet the requirements for playing in the game.

Joining a game
- To join one of the games available in signups, you need to say "/in for game name" or "/in for moderator's name". "/in" without specificity will be ignored. If a game is not indicated as one of the two games in signups in the queue updates (with its player slots listed), you cannot sign up for it yet, but you are encouraged to PM the moderator to "pre-in" for the game, which reserves a slot for you when it reaches signups.

Hydrae
- Hydrae are allowed in this queue (the normal queue is the only queue from which they are restricted). Game moderators can completely prohibit hydrae or set rules pertaining to them though (in particular, some moderators accept secret alts but not secret hydrae). A "/in" from a hydra isn't complete and valid until it complies with the moderator's rules, which may require confirming the /in from individual main accounts. You may never join as a hydra masquerading as an individual account - that violates site rules.

Playerlist priority
- Pre-in slots may be reserved for 72 hours after the game begins signups. Those players need to post here to confirm their pre-in. A game may have as many as two thirds of it's slots reserved for pre-ins.
Aside from those players, spaces in a game are first come, first serve. A moderator can reject a player who has signed up (colloquially, "WOTM") for any reason, by posting so; their slot will be given to a subsequent player who /inned.

Being a moderator
Experience requirements
- To moderate a micro game, you must be active on site for three months and must have completed one game as a player. Additionally, if the game is closed and isn't normal, you need one moderated game of experience. If joining the moderation queue could cause you to be moderating multiple games at once, you need at least as many games of moderating experience as the number of simultaneous games you might be moderating. Experience usually comes from the Normal, Mini Theme, or Open Queues, or this queue, by starting off with games that are open or normal. However, if you have experience moderating offsite games, you may PM me to ask if I'll consider it equivalent experience. I warn you that I might not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Backup Mods and Co-mods requirements
- A backup mod is only required if you're a first time moderator. They are still recommended if you are a moderator with experience. You can use this thread to find backup moderators. If your setup is closed, you must make a mod PT that fully describes your setup and give your backup moderator access. If you don't have a backup moderator, instead give me access.

Setup requirements
- The game must have 4-9 players. The game also must be mafia - it must have an uninformed majority that could easily win if they knew the identity of an informed minority composed of two or more players. The "majority" and "minority" can be equal, as in We Need A Fifth. You may also run a closed setup that doesn't fit this definition but leads its players to believe they could be playing a setup that fits this definition (all such setups would be classified as bastard).

Review requirements
- If your game is a Normal, it needs to be reviewed by the Normal Review Group (you can also request that the Normal Review Group devise one for you, and they will!). I'll send you a PM about your review when you /in to mod.
If your game is open, having it reviewed isn't required, but it's strongly recommended. You can post it here.
If your game is closed and not normal, you must list a reviewer that agreed to the final version of the setup. You can request reviews here. You can also ask me to review your setup.

Moderation activity expectations
- Moderators should start their game within five days of receiving their playerlist, Mayfair Club access, and game number. If they fail to do so, I will declare the game abandoned. Moderators should update their games at least as often as the prod timer for their game, and if they fail to update it after triple the prod timer for their game, I may have someone else take over moderation for the game (and there will be other penalties, if this happens.) You should treat moderating a game like a commitment. Note that backup moderators and comoderators are an excellent way to avoid these scenarios.

Queue expectation
- I will message you when your game is in queue. If you aren't able to respond within 96 hours, I will assume you aren't available to moderate your game and will bump you for the next moderator waiting in queue.

Queue structure
- The thread has two slots for games currently taking signups, Slot 1 and Slot 2. All other games reside in a queue, where the earliest moderator to sign up will be the first to move into one of the active slots when a game fills or is pulled.
Players cannot sign up for a game that is not yet in an active slot
. It is recommended to pre-in to the moderator by PM to express interest instead.
Each moderator can only have one game in either the active slot or queue. It's possible to be modding multiple micros, but they must be queued one at a time.

Signup times
- Games have 14 days to fill before they are pulled and the next moderator enters signups instead. If at least two moderators are waiting in line, games will be checked at 7 days to be pulled if they are not at least half full.

Queue FormUse this form to /in to mod.
/in to Mod

Game Name:
Please name your game something snazzy

Game Type:
Is your game a Theme, Normal, or Open?

Game Size:
How many players can join your game?

Co/Backup Mod:
List your game of experience if you're forgoing one

Reviewed By:
List a favorable reviewer, or link to open setup review, or type "Normal" again

Setup Link:
Link the setup or write "closed".

Experience:
Link the game you played, or for a game that's closed and not normal, the game you moderated

Hydrae Policy:
Will you allow hydra to sign-up? Headcount? Bodycount? Secret Hydra?

Other Restrictions?:
Are there restrictions for who can play your game?

Deadlines?:
What Day/Night deadlines will you use for your game?

Is it possible your game has any of the following mechanically bastard roles or mechanics?
cults and other mid-game alignment changes, roles that cause moderator dishonesty that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), post restrictions, secret win conditions.

Is it possible your game has any of the following procedurally bastard dynamics?
nonrandom role assignment, direct moderator influence during the game, allowing your game to be discussed outside the game thread and its own PTs, adding players midgame

Description:
Is there any other information players should know about your game?
Spoiler: Code

Code: Select all

[b]Game Name:[/b] [i]Please name your game something snazzy[/i]
[b]Game Type:[/b] [i]Is your game a Theme, Normal, or Open?[/i]
[b]Game Size:[/b] [i]How many players can join your game?[/i]

[b]Co/Backup Mod:[/b] [i]List your game of experience if you're forgoing one[/i]
[b]Reviewed By:[/b] [i]List a favorable reviewer, or link to open setup review, or type "Normal" again[/i]
[b]Setup Link:[/b] [i]Link the setup or write "closed". [/i]
[b]Experience:[/b] [i]Link the game you played, or for a game that's closed and not normal, the game you moderated[/i]

[b]Hydrae Policy:[/b] [i]Will you allow hydra to sign-up?  Headcount? Bodycount? Secret Hydra?[/i]
[b]Other Restrictions?:[/b] [i]Are there restrictions for who can play your game?[/i]
[b]Deadlines?:[/b] [i]What Day/Night deadlines will you use for your game?[/i]
[b]Is it possible your game has any of the following mechanically bastard roles or mechanics?[/b] [i]cults and other mid-game alignment changes, roles that cause moderator dishonesty that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), post restrictions, secret win conditions.  [/i]
[b]Is it possible your game has any of the following procedurally bastard dynamics?[/b] [i]nonrandom role assignment, direct moderator influence during the game, allowing your game to be discussed outside the game thread and its own PTs, adding players midgame[/i]

[b]Description:[/b] [i]Is there any other information players should know about your game?[/i]
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:30 am

Post by Isis »

Helpful Links
:

Upcoming Game Advertisements - A thread where moderators can post advertisements for their games.
Theme Test Market - A thread in Mafia Discussion where moderators can check interest in a particular theme.
Setup Review Thread - A thread in Mafia Discussion where moderators can request reviewers to check their games for balance and playability.
Open Setup Review Thread - A thread for posting an open setup for all to review. You can also make a thread in the subforum.
Replacement Request Thread - A thread for moderators to advertise for needed replacements.
Completed Micro Games - Subforum for Completed Micro game threads.
"All" Micro Game Setups - A list of Micro sized Open or Semi-Open setups.
Previous Micro Queue Thread - The previous Micro Queue, from when the listmod was Micc.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:30 am

Post by Isis »

The best "Nano" setups - great setups for fewer than eight players
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:46 am

Post by Isis »

Changes:
- There's no limit on how many games you moderate at once, now. Moderating multiple games at once has a special experience requirement.
- There's a halfway check where games might get pulled halfway to the deadline if they are not halfway full, and people are waiting. This policy may evolve or change over time.
- If you have a backup moderator and add them to your moderator PT, you don't have to add me to the mod PT. I might want to remain a potential replacement.
- I'm requiring games run in this queue to fit the informed minority definition of mafia. Social deduction games like conspiracy that don't fit that definition can still be played in the Open Queue.
- I'm not tracking what games are in signups using the opening post in any way. The state of the queue will be tracked with recent posts by me, hopefully many of them as pagetops. This isn't purely laziness; it relates to the queue experience I tend to desire as a user that I anticipate to act as a blessing for some users and a curse for others.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Isis »

I do not put queue status posts in the OP, to reduce human error getting perceived as being uncorrected.
It is explicitly guaranteed that this post might not be up to date. The date of the post linked and the number of subsequent posts may be used as a commonsense tool to ascertain how likely it is that this is the most up-to-date queue status post. But I will make a best effort to put a link to the status of the queue here:
Link
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Isis »

Reserved
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:53 am

Post by Isis »

Game Slot 1
Moderator:
Something_Smart
Game:
The Last of the Red-Horned Dung Beetles
1. Dongempire
2. Tayl0r Swift
3. Smoke and Mirrors (PookyTheMagicalBear+Nancy Drew 39)
4. Taly

Game Slot 2EMPTY
"Well, I..."
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Wow. So new. So fresh.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:32 am

Post by Kerset »

Does open setups require approval?
giv me pagetop :(
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Isis »

You don't have to get an open setup reviewed at all, but it is highly, highly recommended. I would be likely to reject anything absolutely absurd as an act of discretion (7 cops, two goons), but if defects aren't blaringly obvious it goes in the queue. Open setups have diminished review requirements due to the players joining the game having an opportunity to avoid a poor setup using their own judgment. This policy isn't a change, Micc also allowed unreviewed opens.
"Well, I..."
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:45 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Wow. So new. So fresh.

Spoiler:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:46 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 4, Isis wrote:Reserved
Could I book this reservation please? I want to showcase my upcoming new game. It's called "We Need a Seventeenth" - it's really cool and interesting and highlights the struggle of playing with just 16 players, but also how you can overcome that with enough belief.

Otherwise, I'm willing to settle for this one if the first isn't available:
In post 5, Isis wrote:Reserved
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:53 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 7, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Wow. So new. So fresh.
Exciting adventures await!
GeorgeBailey
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

ego

Also, I'm gonna host a Micro Idea soon™
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Taly »

y'all need to act right and fill up this micro game

also ego
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:15 am

Post by chkflip »

Dope.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

ego
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Alisae »

i hope you dont get mad at me for ego
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:31 am

Post by the worst »

this isn't an egopost. I'm congratulating Isis.

Congratulations Isis!!!!!! <3

do you still (as a general rule) prefer that opens are run through the open queue?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

grats isis! your name looks good in green
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:47 am

Post by tn5421 »

/ego
WIP
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:57 am

Post by shellyc »

ego
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

ego
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3, Isis wrote:Changes:
- There's no limit on how many games you moderate at once, now. Moderating multiple games at once has a special experience requirement.
- There's a halfway check where games might get pulled halfway to the deadline if they are not halfway full, and people are waiting. This policy may evolve or change over time.
- If you have a backup moderator and add them to your moderator PT, you don't have to add me to the mod PT. I might want to remain a potential replacement.
- I'm requiring games run in this queue to fit the informed minority definition of mafia. Social deduction games like conspiracy that don't fit that definition can still be played in the Open Queue.
Does Nano-Multiball and other setups that still are based on the mafia ide abut don't have an informed minority in the true sense go here or the open queue?
- I'm not tracking what games are in signups using the opening post in any way. The state of the queue will be tracked with recent posts by me, hopefully many of them as pagetops. This isn't purely laziness; it relates to the queue experience I tend to desire as a user that I anticipate to act as a blessing for some users and a curse for others.
I support this, I notice people who try this tend to just lag behind and it thus looks sloppy.

I'll probably put a game in to be modded in the near future
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Isis »

Nano-Multiball snuck in just before I arrived; it wouldn't be accepted to this queue now, but could be run in the open queue.
In post 18, the worst wrote: do you still (as a general rule) prefer that opens are run through the open queue?
I would say to put it in which queue is most beneficial for players. As a general rule we prefer that the most players get into the most games that most match their interest.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Signups”