Mish Mash Rules + Game List

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Mish Mash Rules + Game List

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by xofelf »

RULES

This thread is for the purpose of advertising upcoming Mish Mash games. It is
NOT
a queue for players or moderators. If you're new to the Mish Mash forum, or viewing this for the first time, please read these rules, and post here if your question is not answered.

In Mish Mash, most games take signups in their own threads. Signing up is often a matter of posting "/in" or something similar, but read the moderator's first post—sometimes additional information is required. Occasionally, PMing the moderator or filling out an application is required. There are no prerequisites for modding a Mish Mash game—you are free to start any game you want. However, it is
STRONGLY
recommended that you make a post here with some basic information about your game, whether you'll be accepting pre-/ins (and how many), and a link to the thread when it is ready to run. This makes it easier for players to find your game. Be aware that abandoning games, unnecessarily changing rules, or acting unfairly/capriciously towards players may result in you being required to seek a ruleset review or find an experienced co-mod before starting future games.

Important things to note:
  1. All large-scale, socially-based games should be announced or asked about in the Large Social Game Queue. If you are unsure as to whether a game should be part of that queue or not, PM myself or Haschel Cedricson, VashtaNeurotic, PrivateI or Cephrir and one of us should get back to you shortly.
  2. Each game is permitted to have one thread in the main Mish Mash forum. Additional threads may be created in the Frogstar World B subforum and linked to via the main thread. It is recommended that additional threads be tagged in brackets.
  3. Moderators of Mish Mash games may request the ability to create Private Topics for their games. PM Farren the Mish Mash Janitor or any of the Mish Mash Mods which are me, Haschel Cedricson, VashtaNeurotic, PrivateI or Cephrir, which should include what the topics will be used for and why you would like to use them over other methods.
If a player has posted something against the forum rules, use the report button in the top right corner of their post. This is the fastest way to get it dealt with. In any other situation, try to resolve the issue through the game's moderator first, and PM me if you are still not satisfied. If you are modding a game and get an issue you feel you can't or don't know how to resolve, feel free to PM me about it and I will do whatever I can to help. If asked to do so, I will keep you anonymous.

If you are playing a game and the mod has flaked, PM any listed backup mods and me and I'll arrange for the backup mod to take over the thread. (If need be, I'll try to find a replacement mod.) Threads which have not been posted in for three months or more will be moved to the Sens-O-Tape Archive. If you think there's a good reason for a thread not to be moved, or to be moved back, PM me or Farren about it.

LARGE SOCIAL GAME RULES
  1. In games of an anonymous nature, both players and mods are expected to respect that game's rules regarding anonymity. If the identities of players will be revealed to spectators, this should be disclosed to the players beforehand.
  2. Mods of large social games are expected to adhere to game design that does not explicitly favor any specific player over another. If you have game mechanics in mind that might violate this rule, players must be made aware of the mechanic while the game is in signups.
  3. Players of large social games are expected to be respectful towards mods, and the same is expected of mods towards players. We are very aware that these are highly emotional games, but a lot of commitment is put in for these games by both sides, and that commitment should not be taken lightly.
  4. Violation of these rules can result in either a warning or a ban from playing and/or modding large social games for a 2-month period, depending on the severity.
  5. If an issue arises that compromises the integrity of an anonymous game, it will be handled immediately. If an issue cannot be handled during the game without compromising anonymity, it will be handled once the game has finished.
A list of ongoing/starting games can be found in the next post.

See also the Large Social Game Queue.

Useful reading for mods:
by StrangerCoug
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:59 am

Post by xofelf »

Updated OP's are beautiful things. *makes note to do that this week hopefully*
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by xofelf »

I think it's a good idea, the question is what type of game it would be though, so we should talk about that ;)
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by xofelf »

Hey Mish Mash, it's that time again! That's right, it's time for a brand-new Survey! Only this time, it's about the whole of Mish Mash. The Janitor and I would like to get some general feedback about the state of Mish Mash. So if you feel like being a friend, come fill out this survey! If you don't have any specific answers right now, that's okay! You can fill this out as many times as you would like/need to! Consider it an open suggestion box.

Thanks a bunch!
Love,

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Queue Lady
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #101 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by xofelf »

Oh dude, of course!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by xofelf »

Hey guys, just a head's up CC's computer exploded and won't really be able to be replaced for a little while. So while that's having its issues, if there's any sort of mod things needed, please contact me!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Sun May 01, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by xofelf »

I'd consider playing.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #125 (isolation #7) » Thu May 12, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by xofelf »

Ooo, more trivia? Yes!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Sat May 28, 2016 5:47 am

Post by xofelf »

You don't have to if you don't want to pabs.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #154 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:27 am

Post by xofelf »

I'll poke him at survivormeet about it. There was mono and computer issues for about that long.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #182 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:34 am

Post by xofelf »

So THATS what you mean by strange...
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #185 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:15 pm

Post by xofelf »

Oh, I'm so in.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #197 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by xofelf »

There's no games played requirement for Mish Mash modding. But if you want to have what you're going to run checked over, send me and CuddlyCaucasian a PM about it and we'll let you know :) Otherwise, go for it!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #201 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by xofelf »

Tatsuya! We've missed you!!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #217 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by xofelf »

But what if you know you have a V/LA coming up?
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #271 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:57 am

Post by xofelf »

Oh my gods YES
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #436 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 435, Pine wrote:Recommend an overhaul of the OP, it's a mess. There are at least several games that haven't seen action in years, and new ones not identified. I also run Codenames, previously under the management of the honorable StrangerCoug.
You are not wrong. It fell a little by the wayside a while ago and we haven't quite taken time to clean it up in a while. Sorry about that.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #456 (isolation #17) » Sat May 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by xofelf »

Kinda like What Were You Thinking, yeah? Definitely a favourite round here :)
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #463 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:20 am

Post by xofelf »

Hi all, I've gone through and updated the Ongoing Games List post. If you are currently running a game that I missed, let me know and I'll put it in. If there's a casual post whenever game that I've also missed, let me know. Otherwise, this *should* be accurate as of today.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #465 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by xofelf »

Did another update. If there's a game that has since closed and I missed the fact it is over, let me know so I can remove it. And if I missed any other new threads that have shown up in the past few weeks.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #470 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by xofelf »

Did an update of the OP again, also archiving any completed and locked threads. If I've missed any games that should be removed from the OP, please let me know. And as always, let me know if I've missed your game as well. The more eyes, the easier it is to be on top of things. <3
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #472 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by xofelf »

What's that? A new thread update? That's right folks!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #474 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:51 am

Post by xofelf »

!!! I love cosmic encounter. It's up to you whether you lock or let the other game fade away.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #476 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:09 am

Post by xofelf »

I remember it's been run in the past, but I do not remember how well it worked. But the thread is in the archive here: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=59679
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #481 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:51 am

Post by xofelf »

What's this, another thread update? Wow, look at that. If you think your game belongs in a different category than one I've put it in, do tell me. If there is a game that has ended but it's still in the game list, tell me. If a thread has been locked cuz the game is over, let me know. Things stay more organized with more eyes checking in. Thank you kindly, and keep playing games.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #486 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by xofelf »

It's update time lovelies. If anything should be moved off the list, or has been locked and should be archived, do let me know.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #499 (isolation #26) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:44 am

Post by xofelf »

All currently running games are up to date. If anything needs taken off because it has ended and will not have a followup game, let me know. Thanks for host and thanks for play.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #520 (isolation #27) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:30 am

Post by xofelf »

It's been a hot minute, doing some thread archiving. If your thread has game over on it or a year that isn't 2021 or it's been locked, it's being sent to Sens-O-Tape. If something said over but is still an ongoing game you don't want in the archive send me a message and I will unarchive. Will also be doing an update of the OP here soon after, if I have missed anything that should be listed as an ongoing game, or is in fact over and shouldn't be there, please let me know! Thanks, have fun playing games!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #523 (isolation #28) » Thu May 27, 2021 7:25 pm

Post by xofelf »

Is it that time again? Yes it is, time for the OP update. Again, if anything should be removed, lemme know. If you need access to Frogstar B or the ability to make PTs for anything, also talk to me about that, I gotchu. Enjoy all your games, see you again in this thread next update time!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #532 (isolation #29) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by xofelf »

Trivia? Oooo, consider me interested.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #534 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:34 am

Post by xofelf »

It's that time again! Thread cleanup time! Reorganized the OP a bit, took some games out that haven't had any interaction in a while. Will also be archiving anything that has a game over label that is older than 2 months. If I have missed anything, or messed anything up, do let me know. <3
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #545 (isolation #31) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:47 am

Post by xofelf »

As a post-holiday treat, the game list has been updated! If you see a game in the list that you know has ended and shouldn't be there, OR is ongoing and is missing from the list, give me a shout! Keep playing games and being fantastic <3
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #547 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by xofelf »

I'll just move them over for you instead :)
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #548 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by xofelf »

Have done. That way you don't have to redo them or anything <3
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #550 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by xofelf »

Yeppers <3
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #558 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:23 am

Post by xofelf »

It's Spring Cleaning time! Archived a lot of threads that had closed or finished in their titles, or haven't been touched in a significant time. If I moved your thread and that was incorrect, send me a PM and I'll fix it immediately! The Ongoing Games List should be up to date as well, but again, if I'm missing your games or you've finished one and I missed it, give me a shout and I'll fix it. Keep playing games and being awesome <3

Return to “The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash”