Otherkin

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by Donempire »

In post 423, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Yep, this thread probably won’t get alot of action for awhile now.
We take it over. This is now a thread for monke and cat photos, as it was first intended.
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by brighteningskies »

Nicely said, Felissan.

I think some of you need a hug and some of your favourite food and to step the fuck away from the computer and/or mobile device.
Wenn Sie dies lesen, sind Sie zu nah
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:49 pm

This cat goes blep
brighteningskies
brighteningskies
Goon
brighteningskies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:51 pm

They snuggle
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:52 am

Post by Psyche »

hello i had an exam did i miss anything substantive
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:56 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 319, Fluminator wrote:awhile ago there was a user here who believed they were god (accountant)
there was a long thread of people trying to break them out of that delusion

was that an okay thing for us to do? where's the line?
i mean that was obviously a massive waste of time in retrospect
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 317, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 312, brighteningskies wrote:I think there's a fundamental point that you keep missing: this isn't harmful and even if it is you have no idea about how much it is or even if it is in the first place.
i personally think that enabling people to keep up grand delusions not based in reality can be extremely damaging to someone's mental health in the long run, and there are studies that can verify that! maybe not specifically about otherkin, but it is not a controversial statement to say that enabling this kind of shit is bad
the trouble is that there's not really much evidence in grip's posts that she has any actual delusion. she's just stretching the meaning of concepts like "being" super thin. maybe there are some vague spiritualistic commitments baked into it (typical of human beings), but in general her commitments seem semantic rather than about what's literally going on in the world. her otherkin identity is configured like a lot of people belief in God: it's not falsifiable. because of this, it wouldn't qualify as a delusion under any serious scrutiny. it's more like a religion.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:14 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 383, Fluminator wrote:Good point. Cult members are often happy, but I'd be very concerned if one of my friends or family joined one even if they're happy.

If you're talking about all sects of Christianity in general, the comparison only works if they started identifying as Jesus. Religious Christians usually try to model their life off how Jesus lived, but don't think they're Jesus themselves.
there are vaguely parallel beliefs in christianity anyway. the biggest example might be all of the theology surrounding the holy spirit and divine inspiration.
The action of the Holy Spirit is seen as an essential part of the bringing of the person to the Christian faith. The new believer is "born again of the Spirit".[67] The Holy Spirit enables Christian life by dwelling in the individual believers and enables them to live a righteous and faithful life.
In one church I visited for years as a kid, it was even believed that in the moment when you're saved and born again of the spirit, you will start speaking in tongues. There's actually an interesting body of science around the phenomenon but that's a different thing.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:33 am

Post by Vi »

In post 422, Fluminator wrote:Lol this thread resulted in 4.5 bans.
One day I'll follow through on getting myself banned too. Maybe I'll make it 5.5. I keep getting to the first stage of asking for the self ban but not confirming the next day because I lose interest.

Ya know, mafiascum is kind of like a cult. I escaped but keep toeing back in. Help
may I suggest talking about Fire Emblem and/or getting an avatar :good:

(I also came to the same conclusion about this being handled in the same way as religion.)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:37 am

Post by Psyche »

(i wanna underscore again though that gender is a whole different thing because it's defined entirely in terks of self-disclosure and expression)
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 432, Psyche wrote:
In post 383, Fluminator wrote:Good point. Cult members are often happy, but I'd be very concerned if one of my friends or family joined one even if they're happy.

If you're talking about all sects of Christianity in general, the comparison only works if they started identifying as Jesus. Religious Christians usually try to model their life off how Jesus lived, but don't think they're Jesus themselves.
there are vaguely parallel beliefs in christianity anyway. the biggest example might be all of the theology surrounding the holy spirit and divine inspiration.
The action of the Holy Spirit is seen as an essential part of the bringing of the person to the Christian faith. The new believer is "born again of the Spirit".[67] The Holy Spirit enables Christian life by dwelling in the individual believers and enables them to live a righteous and faithful life.
In one church I visited for years as a kid, it was even believed that in the moment when you're saved and born again of the spirit, you will start speaking in tongues. There's actually an interesting body of science around the phenomenon but that's a different thing.
But in day to day living they don't require you address their believed spirit inside them and play along with it.
Vi wrote:
In post 422, Fluminator wrote:Lol this thread resulted in 4.5 bans.
One day I'll follow through on getting myself banned too. Maybe I'll make it 5.5. I keep getting to the first stage of asking for the self ban but not confirming the next day because I lose interest.

Ya know, mafiascum is kind of like a cult. I escaped but keep toeing back in. Help
may I suggest talking about Fire Emblem and/or getting an avatar :good:

(I also came to the same conclusion about this being handled in the same way as religion.)
I still haven't been able to play three houses. :( I was watching this famous youtuber play through it but he ended being a sexual predator and lost my interest watching him....
I haven't been part of the FE community in awhile but apparently this minor youtube celebrity has split everything because he's tried to frame it as a case of cancel culture. :roll:
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 434, Psyche wrote:(i wanna underscore again though that gender is a whole different thing because it's defined entirely in terks of self-disclosure and expression)
100% agree. Gender / Gender expression is something that is whatever you want to be.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 435, Fluminator wrote:But in day to day living they don't require you address their believed spirit inside them and play along with it.
suree
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I found an interesting video about this.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 437, Psyche wrote:
In post 435, Fluminator wrote:But in day to day living they don't require you address their believed spirit inside them and play along with it.
suree
Yeah bud
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 438, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

I found an interesting video about this.
I mean everyone has a spirit animal.
Mine are cats. I even meow a lot at my cat in futile attempts to engage with it.

I won't psychoanalyze people but if their motive to be otherkin is hatred for humanity it's probably less harmless than y'all are saying.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Psyche »

didnt say it was healthy, just maybe not deluded