somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:30 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Caboose wrote:
Vote: Caboose

Can't wait to use my vig kill! :D
Anti-town play, but not explicitly scummy. I find it very easy to imagine an over-excited townie saying this, but I also find it very easy to imagine an over-excited scum saying this in an attempt to
look
town,
especially
from such a new player. Basically, I think this is a null-tell, but I don't think this is...
Caboose wrote:
Mirth wrote:Also: Oh, Caboose, must you really claim town this early in the game? It's damned annoying and
only makes me watch you more carefully
Unvote

Sorry, I didn't mean to piss people off with that post. :(
Emphasis mine on Mirth's post. This very much looks like a scum trying to dive out of the spotlight that Mirth's set up for him.

Vote: Caboose
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:50 am

Caboose wrote:It was a joke.

I love how Mirth and somestangeflea are already ganging up on me for it, though.
Blatant misrepresentation. I clearly said that I
didn't
think your first post was scummy. You may wish to start saying things that are... you know... true.
farside22 wrote:
Mirth wrote:I am a meanie. But you should know this already. This is our what, 5th game together? You couldnt possibly have come into this thinking I'd be nice. :P

In all seriousness now: so you dont think either of his posts warrant any suspicion in the least?
Not even the second one?
This is my second game with Caboose. We are currently in another game together so I don't know too much about him.
The only thing I do know in reading his comment I saw it as I want to shot someone. Seemed honest to me.
I know my first real role that wasnt' a vanilla townie and not mafia but an actual I get to do something role that was different I wanted to shout to all that I got a cool role. Now this game is interesting in the fact that you have 2 scum and 3 townies and only one townie gets to kill on day 1. After that you are just a townie. So for me it doesn't surprise me to see someone eager to use that ability.
Emphasis on Mirth's post mine.
I think farside dodged the question.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:29 am

Mirth wrote:SSF: what do you think of FL right now
From an NPOV, there's three main options here. Either:
A. FL-Town has assumed that I (in this case, SSF-??) am town.
B. FL-Scum has accidentally let slip that she
knows
I (in this case, SSF-Town) am town.
C. FL-Goon has purposefully let slip the "information" that I (in this case, SSF-GF) am town so that I look cleared if she's lynched.
Now, obviously, from my POV, C is impossible, so the question for me is whether or not it's feasible for FL to be able to assume that I'm town after one post. I don't.
Mirth wrote:you seem to have ignored my altercation with her.
I was being cautious. I figured that, because FL's behaviour is directly related to me, you may be scum with a cunning trap set up to "catch us both out".
farside wrote:An over eager townie, but the fact that he appologies seems scummy? I just don't get that.
I fail to see the inconsistency here. Are you implying that apologising is typical behaviour of an overeager townie? If so, I disagree.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:04 am

Mirth wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:I was being cautious. I figured that, because FL's behaviour is directly related to me, you may be scum with a cunning trap set up to "catch us both out".
So what exactly are you scared of being caught on?
How should I know? It's your (hypothetical) trap!

Mod: Please prod Caboose.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Mirth wrote:And what hypothetical trap was I setting for you, exactly?
Wait a minute...
Mirth wrote:So what exactly are you scared of being caught on?
How are these two questions different?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:13 am

If you're looking for the sort of thing I was trying to avoid, then it was basically anything which I end up saying something somewhat ambiguous which would then be twisted to make me look scummy. One that I was particularly wary to avoid was something simple along the lines of:

Me: I don't think it was smart for FL to assume that I'm Town.
You: Why? Because you're scum!

Let's face it, as town, it's not a particularly scummy thing to say, but it's pretty easy to dress up as a "slip".
Mirth wrote:Only in their wording, since you seem to refuse to say what you think I'm trying to do.
I didn't think you were trying to do anything, but I was being careful
just in case you were
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:39 am

Mirth wrote:Actually, you'd get brownie points in my book for a comment like that (not liking that someone assumes you're town) regardless of my actual reaction to you. But are in negative brownie points for self-censoring. I bothers me, a lot.
In a Vengeful game (or, indeed, any game but more specifically this one), the scum are trying to manipulate:
1 or 2 townies to make them vote for another townie.
The aforementioned "another townie" to make them shoot one of the "1 or 2 townies".
I don't see anything wrong with trying to stop myself being a target for this.

Besides, it's all well and good saying that you wouldn't have attacked me for it, but that doesn't prove anything!
farside wrote:Also the fact that Caboose hasn't said a word since the page one and there are still 2 votes leads me to scum on that wagon.
forbiddanlight, in the very next post, wrote:Either way, I'll
Unvote
pending a replacement
Knee-jerk? The moment farside claims that he thinks scum are on the Caboose wagon, you hop off it.
Caboose wrote:@somestangeflea: Do you think that my first two posts really warrant a lynch?
I think they did. Now I don't.
Unvote
Caboose wrote:If forbiddanlight really thought I was scum, then why isn't she trying to get me lynched?
Well, the
really
obvious answer is "you're both scum"!
Caboose wrote:Why is she afraid of me being at L-1?
forbiddanlight, in the very next post (if you count Caboose's doublepost as one), wrote:
Unvote, vote Caboose
Knee-jerk? The moment Caboose accuses you of being scummy for being afraid to put him at -1, you put him at -1.
forbiddanlight wrote:As for me, I think I'd vig Mirth since I see Caboose as more able to be lynched as scum.
Am I mistaken or is killing someone you think is harder to get lynched a
very
scummy way to think?
Mirth wrote:We should not discuss the vig kill until we all commit to a lynch (that is 4 of the 5 of us agree on who needs to die)
I think the combination of the assuming-I'm-town thing and the knee-jerk-votes thing make it quite fair for me to say that that's 3/4.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:29 am

forbiddanlight wrote:As for the knee jerk point I said something about it I think.
Every post you two have made
has caused me to rethink where my vote is better. I'm well convinced both of you are scum.
I think if the bold were true, you'd've flipflopped much, much more.
forbiddanlight wrote:I occasionally drop by, see a new post, am compelled to respond to it on it's own combined with
vague memories
of the previous occurances in the thread.
Good to know you're keeping track.
forbiddanlight wrote:I also want to hear from mirth so I can flip flop between you two again
Surye -> Caboose -> No-one -> Caboose -> Mirth -> Caboose.
I don't think jumping over then jumping back
once
counts as flipflopping.
forbiddanlight wrote:I don't sit around all day waiting for new posts.
ORLY?
forbiddanlight wrote:And I have no life. Haven't I already established that? Seriously, this girl has nothing better to do on a Friday night than play mafia :S.
NOTE: THIS IS ONLY PARTLY SERIOUS.
forbiddanlight wrote:He's fence sitting hard.
:shock: HOLY SHIT OW.
I'm fencesitting? How so?
farside22 wrote:Part of me thinks the way people are ignoring SSF is either they don't realize he is flying under the radar and forget about him or he is scum actively lurking.
This makes no sense.
Either people don't realize I'm flying under the radar
or
I'm actively lurking scum? That means that my alignment is solely determined by
the amount of people who realize I'm not posting

Besides, active lurking is quite a strong (with a silent "st") accusation. I'm not shying away from discussion, I'm not dodging questions, and I'm providing content, all of which are counter-productive to the entire "active lurking" process.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:14 am

NOTE: The following post was made over the period of two or three hours, and so chances are, the quotes aren't in chronological order. You're a clever bunch though, you'll work it out.
farside22 wrote:I have seen many people forget about those who fly under the radar.
And this is likely in a five player game?
Caboose wrote:If you're making the argument against FL, why aren't you putting your vote on her?
Because Mirth was still gone and I didn't want to hammer?
Vote: forbiddanlight

Knee-jerk?
Mirth wrote:SSF: why do you think Caboose's first posts merited a lynch and why don't you think so now?
Because the purest scumtells come before everyone has had a chance to settle into the game and react to the play of everyone else.
I don't think so now because his play through the game has, over time, led me to believe that he is sincerely trying to work out who the scum are.
Of course, there's also the possibility that I was right to think the lynch was warranted, that Caboose is scum, and that I've fallen into the very pitfall I was trying to avoid but hey, irony is good, right?
forbiddanlight wrote:bullcrap. You kinda stopped providing ANY content after no one was bothering you
Care to point out any posts in particular that were content-less? Or is "SCUM (Lack of content)" what gets branded onto anyone who is posting less than the everyone else.
<insert cliché "it's not how much you talk it's how much you say" argument>
forbiddanlight wrote:You are pushing me, but not exactly SUUURE...you are pushing Caboose, but aren't exactly suuure. Seems fence sittingish to me
I'm
not
exactly sure. I think the likelihood of you being scum is
high
. I think the likelihood of Caboose being scum was
high
but is now
moderate
. The only person in this game who seems to be sure is you but that doesn't mean anything because you told us you'd act like you were sure even if you weren't.
Mirth wrote:Trying to stop yourself from being a target of what exactly?
I wrote:Let's face it, as town, it's not a particularly scummy thing to say, but it's pretty easy to dress up as a "slip".
That, and other similar malarkey.
Mirth wrote:Your lack of actually playing is starting to really bother me. "Oh I'm scared I'll say something wrong". What do you have to hide them?
Please take your words out of my mouth thank you very much.
At no point did I imply that my posting rate was anything to do being scared of saying something wrong, but I do like how you've connected two completely unrelated issues.
Mirth wrote:And where did you get 3/4 from exactly?
You.
Mirth wrote:We should not discuss the vig kill until we all commit to a lynch (that is 4 of the 5 of us agree on who needs to die)
2 voters + 1 expressing an intent to vote = 3 people agreed on who needs to die.

Let me finish up with a short defence of the main point against me:
I'm not entirely sure why people seem to think that my posting rate makes me scummy because Flea-scum would have nothing to gain from it. Slipping under the radar is out because it's a four player game and it's inherently obvious that everyone would notice (which they did), dodging questions is out because I've answered the questions that've been thrown my way (if somewhat awkwardly and disjointedly) and not providing new talking points is out because I've pointed out plenty of things that you lot missed. I'm failing to see a valid incentive for me to be acting the way I'm acting as scum.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:56 am

Mirth wrote:SSF: You don't post because you're afraid I might twist your posts into a slipup. I think my paraphrase was fair.
Not really since what I said related
specifically
to the topic of forbiddanlight. You haven't paraphrased, you've generalized.
Mirth wrote:And when I asked where you got the 3 out of 4 from, I meant who were the 3? I know for a fact that while I think she's likely scum, I'm no where near ready to vote her to lynch yet.
The two people voting FL (farside and Caboose) plus me. That's three.
Caboose wrote:
SSF wrote:
farside22 wrote:I have seen many people forget about those who fly under the radar.
And this is likely in a five player game?
Caboose wrote:If you're making the argument against FL, why aren't you putting your vote on her?
Because Mirth was still gone and I didn't want to hammer?
Vote: forbiddanlight

Knee-jerk?
That's a knee-jerk if I ever saw one.
Well of course it is. You posted, I realised you had unvoted, so I voted. It's a fairly simple process.
forbiddanlight wrote:

After all that discussion there is only 1 vote on you currently.
Yeah, I rechecked to make sure I didn't make a fool of myself
PMing
a target to the mod while not dead.
Surye wrote:
Townie wrote:You are a townie. You have no special powers. Just a vote. But you do have a vengeful nature, and a gun to match. If the town lynches you, wield that gun, and
Kill: Player
, and they're toast. However, this only works on day 1, after day 1, the town wises up and takes the guns in favor of votes only.
You win when the Godfather is lynched, or there are no more scum.
You really don't know how being a Townie works, do you?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:37 am

Caboose wrote:
Well of course it is. You posted, I realised you had unvoted, so I voted. It's a fairly simple process.
Did you vote for FL because I called you down on it, or you just happened to see that I unvoted after you read my post?
The second one.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:29 am

I'm honestly very surprised that forbiddanlight wasn't lynched on the grounds of not knowing the Townie PM but eh.

GG.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”