Are there software tools for analysing forum threads?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #80 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 17, Cabd wrote:So, iirc Psyche has an API to do this specifically for MS. I've been debating ingesting it into a BI tool and doing some analytics.
oh it just collects and makes posts atm but it's a nice start i hope
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:30 am

Post by Psyche »

I think the proper role of assistant tech in mafia is probably not during the game, but before and after, to help think through strategy, potential improvements to playstyle/meta, and so on. Simple tools like a vote tracker would be appropriate if they and their outputs were accessible to
everyone
, but I think private and even semi-private technologies that do tasks everyone not in-the-know can only do manually are pretty unfair.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Psyche »

We can think of other, simpler games and simple tools that might help someone do better in them without doing all the decision-making for them. A tool could tell someone the spots they've already checked while searching for people in a game of hide and seek, for instance. Or something could track choice outcomes in a series of rock-paper-scissors games between two people, maybe returning a few simple summary statistics. All these do stuff someone could maybe roughly do in their head, and don't guarantee wins going forward. But if only one relevant party had access to such tools, they'd put the other parties at a disadvantage. At minimum, they — like hydras! — would change the nature of the game in a way players should be warned about before signing up.

But say you studied past games of rock-paper-scissors and tracked outcomes over game series not connected to the one you're about to start. Maybe you learned that peope usually start with "Rock" in their first game. Imo that kind of knowledge assymetry just reflects a difference of skill and is fair to exploit.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Psyche »

I think that even relatively trivial scripts that make stuff like meta can be an unfair advantage in a lot of circumstances.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”