Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Mashterstroke
10/10/20 Malkon05 kloud1516 Survivor: Power v Courage v Wisdom At final 5, kloud found himself vulnerable for the first time in the entire re-merge (that's a whole other thing). He was not immune after having been blocked from participating in the challenge due to a power. Now, kloud had an unplayed "safety without power" item that would have guaranteed him final 4, however at that point he was viewed to have been getting to that point by an unprecedented number of immunity wins in a survivor game, and he was keenly aware it was perceived that way. He needed something that would give him some clout at a FTC, and so he decided to go for a gamble. Rather than play his advantage, be safe, and have no social game, he crafted a very clever lie about saying he was going to play it. Instead, he turned the vote in a direction that was beneficial to his game. Rather than keep him honest and call him on his bluff, the rest of the players followed this plan as given and instead of voting out "the threat" kloud and risk him playing his advantage, another player went home instead. Everyone both in and out of game sat there in disbelief as kloud survived a round without needing to play his advantage and wondering why people didn't just keep him honest. This gave him some major talking points at the FTC when he got there, one juror even asking "how the hell did you survive without playing your advantage?" Although Kloud did not win, the vote was extremely close and this particular move made everyone's jury vote that much harder to decide.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 25, Malkon05 wrote:
Mashterstroke
10/10/20 Malkon05 kloud1516 Survivor: Power v Courage v Wisdom At final 5, kloud found himself vulnerable for the first time in the entire re-merge (that's a whole other thing). He was not immune after having been blocked from participating in the challenge due to a power. Now, kloud had an unplayed "safety without power" item that would have guaranteed him final 4, however at that point he was viewed to have been getting to that point by an unprecedented number of immunity wins in a survivor game, and he was keenly aware it was perceived that way. He needed something that would give him some clout at a FTC, and so he decided to go for a gamble. Rather than play his advantage, be safe, and have no social game, he crafted a very clever lie about saying he was going to play it. Instead, he turned the vote in a direction that was beneficial to his game. Rather than keep him honest and call him on his bluff, the rest of the players followed this plan as given and instead of voting out "the threat" kloud and risk him playing his advantage, another player went home instead. Everyone both in and out of game sat there in disbelief as kloud survived a round without needing to play his advantage and wondering why people didn't just keep him honest. This gave him some major talking points at the FTC when he got there, one juror even asking "how the hell did you survive without playing your advantage?" Although Kloud did not win, the vote was extremely close and this particular move made everyone's jury vote that much harder to decide.
Gonna clarify some stuff because this could be referring to one of two tribal councils (or both since they do feel linked). Final 6 was a round where the safety without power was used on Epona (who likely would have been voted that round and kloud needed alive as a shield next round) and led to a ton of plans being scrambled and Sidon going home.

If you are talking about final 5, then kloud did have a normal idol he chose not to play. Instead he played Urbosa's Fury on yours truly and used his Idol Nullifier on Epona, who was the other target for that round, set up by the previous ice arrow/safety without power play. He received a total of 1 vote that tribal while the combination of the Fury and Nullifier sent Epona out with 4 votes.
George Bailey
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Malkon05 »

But it wasn't needed as Epona would have gone home even without those advantages.

He had "send someone to exile" which is what was used on Epona via the Ice Arrow. The other item was during the swapped tribe which was "Safety Without Power" which was unused. Epona's half-idol would not have nullified enough votes to save them.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:40 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 27, Malkon05 wrote:But it wasn't needed as Epona would have gone home even without those advantages.

He had "send someone to exile" which is what was used on Epona via the Ice Arrow. The other item was during the swapped tribe which was "Safety Without Power" which was unused. Epona's half-idol would not have nullified enough votes to save them.
Fair, the idol did nullify kloud's vote. The reason I confused what you meant with the Ice Arrow is in the show Safety Without Power literally made you leave TC, not just nullified your vote. Also that depends on how the half idol worked, if it nullified half rounding up or literally half (like .5 votes) then it either that or Urbosa's Fury would need to be played to get the desired outcome (since Epona had 3 votes cast for them + 1 from Urbosa's Fury, compared to the 2 cast for me), If it was half rounded down then fair.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion.
George Bailey
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Let's just chalk it up to it was a game, kloud played the round well with a bit of a bluff :D
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:43 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

In post 23, Ariel wrote:
Mashtermind
9/25
Ariel
ambic
This was a 12-player post-apocalyptic roleplaying style game with supernatural themes that took place over the course of a month and a half or so. Each player had individual win conditions, some of which were in direct opposition to other players'. The setting was super immersive and detailed, and the game was cleverly designed to have multiple ways to achieve accessing new areas (such as the secret lab and the bank) or completing objectives. One of my favorite moments was when the group came together in the food court to fight a Franken-version of one of the players by creatively taking advantage of the Franken's addiction as well as some dynamite. Both intense and comedic, this game was definitely one of the most thrilling experiences I've had on MafiaScum.
9/25
Ariel
Malkon05
This is a singing contest with different themed rounds. It's not quite over yet, but it's been super fun to see everyone's talent. Malkon provides in-depth constructive feedback to the participants and also helps foster a really positive environment. The current round's twist where Malkon hand picks song choices to showcase the participants' strengths based on their journey in the contest seems to have worked really well!

ETA: I put (Fogies Forum) to clarify that that's where the sign up thread took place but ambic is obviously correct that the actual game took place in PTs.

Seconding both of these!

MafiaScum Idol was fantastic to watch, what with so many people being willing to put their singing out there. I really think it says something about the mafiascum community (and especially about the way Malkon went about running it) that a format that is traditionally pretty nasty, at least in the early stages, ended up being a beacon of positivity and of building one another up. Would be very happy to see this return - and congrats to Mina on winning it!

I have a feeling Rata Mall is going to fly under the radar because there wasn't a lot of fanfare around it and it didn't go through your typical LSG queue, but it easily matched any LSG in effort put into it, at least from my perspective. It felt almost like a competitive DnD experience! In particular I need to highlight how incredibly well designed this game was, with many diverging ways for every player to complete their objectives in case another player's actions shut off an option, and with every location in the game having plenty to explore and every character having plenty to figure out. The cherry on the top was the level of play and engagement from the majority of the players, making it a very real social game throughout. Thank you Ambic for running it!
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:43 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

(I'm almost tempted to move the nom for Rata Mall to best LSG but I assume since it didn't go through the queue it's not eligible for that)
CaptainMeme
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
CaptainMeme
He/Him
Banana Split
Banana Split

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:12 am

Post by CaptainMeme »

Mashterstroke
2020-10-13 CaptainMeme Ariel, Talitha, Rubberduck, Porochaz, Primate, Groza529 The Curse of Rata Mall (Phase 10 Threads, Office Part 2 Onwards) Rata Mall's ending was a thing of beauty. With six players - 3 evil, 2 good, 1 morally grey - remaining, and several players very close to completing their objectives, it suddenly became an absolute bloodbath as the villains raced to kill everyone before anyone could escape the Mall.

The endgame really had it all - A secret alliance between villains who knew they eventually needed to kill one another in order to win, a fantastic bluff that kept a hero who had the ability to kill a villain from firing long enough for the hero to be attacked and killed by said ally, one of the villains then immediately attempting to get the jump on the other and failing, being killed in retaliation, and finally culminating in a grand showdown between the single remaining villain and the morally grey character, the latter of which both managed to win the fight and just about managed to complete their good-aligned objectives in time to share the win with the one remaining good player. Oh, and did I mention that that one remaining good player, who had completed their final objective and just needed to survive to the end of the phase to escape, had been hiding
in the same room as all the fights had happened
, watching all of this go down and knowing that they didn't have the weapons to compete with the villains? If they had been found - and the villains did search - they would have been easily killed.

For reference, 5 players died in that single phase (although one was unrelated to this whole showdown). In the
entire game
prior to that point, 5 players had been killed in total, and never more than two in a phase. It was an epic finale to end a truly epic game.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 32, CaptainMeme wrote:
Mashterstroke
2020-10-13 CaptainMeme Ariel, Talitha, Rubberduck, Porochaz, Primate, Groza529 The Curse of Rata Mall (Phase 10 Threads, Office Part 2 Onwards) Rata Mall's ending was a thing of beauty. With six players - 3 evil, 2 good, 1 morally grey - remaining, and several players very close to completing their objectives, it suddenly became an absolute bloodbath as the villains raced to kill everyone before anyone could escape the Mall.

The endgame really had it all - A secret alliance between villains who knew they eventually needed to kill one another in order to win, a fantastic bluff that kept a hero who had the ability to kill a villain from firing long enough for the hero to be attacked and killed by said ally, one of the villains then immediately attempting to get the jump on the other and failing, being killed in retaliation, and finally culminating in a grand showdown between the single remaining villain and the morally grey character, the latter of which both managed to win the fight and just about managed to complete their good-aligned objectives in time to share the win with the one remaining good player. Oh, and did I mention that that one remaining good player, who had completed their final objective and just needed to survive to the end of the phase to escape, had been hiding
in the same room as all the fights had happened
, watching all of this go down and knowing that they didn't have the weapons to compete with the villains? If they had been found - and the villains did search - they would have been easily killed.

For reference, 5 players died in that single phase (although one was unrelated to this whole showdown). In the
entire game
prior to that point, 5 players had been killed in total, and never more than two in a phase. It was an epic finale to end a truly epic game.
I second this, the endgame rata mall turned into an absolute, but totally necessary bloodbath rush to win that gave me heart palpitations for a week.
Rubberducky you're the one.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

In post 24, ambic wrote:
Mashterstroke
09-08-2020 Ambic CaptainMeme The Curse of Rata Mall As a bad guy, almost perfectly described a scene they werent around to see, with enough lies to cove their own tracks. Then painted it all in paintbrush as a comic strip
I also second this nomination. This made me wonder if CaptainMeme's character was somehow psychic or had been invisible in the room with me as his deception was so accurate for what I actually did.
RubberDuck
RubberDuck
Townie
RubberDuck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by RubberDuck »

Oh, I didn't see my name was in that first list CaptainMeme provided, I probably can't 2nd a nomination that includes me, so feel free to ignore it.
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Silverclaw »

Mashterstroke
October 20th, 2020 SilverclawAwooSurvivor: Know Your EnemiesAwoo was going to be away for all of the last 24 hours of Florence's first Tribal Council. So in order to still "be here" and "talk to his tribe" during Tribal Council, he put his teach savviness to use and wrote a "Vacation Subscription Bot" that provided periodic updates on where Awoo should be during the 24 hours he was missing. However, the true purpose of the bot was something else entirely - to warn me of the upcoming Vash blindside with literally a minute to go before the TC (image link here). I almost lost my mind at that alone. Not only did the rest of the tribe not know a damn thing, but they also loved the bot on their own accord!
Last edited by Silverclaw on Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:32 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 36, Silverclaw wrote:
Mashterstroke
October 20th, 2020 SilverclawAwooSurvivor: Know Your EnemiesAwoo was going to be away for all of the last 24 hours of Florence's first Tribal Council. So in order to still "be here" and "talk to his tribe" during Tribal Council, he put his teach savviness to use and wrote a "Vacation Subscription Bot" that provided periodic updates on where Awoo should be during the 24 hours he was missing. However, the true purpose of the bot was something else entirely - to warn me of the upcoming Vash blindside with literally a minute to go before the TC (image link here). I almost lost my mind at that alone. to only did the rest of the tribe not know a damn thing, but they also loved the bot on their own accord!
2nd
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by xofelf »

Thread update, wow. Shoutout to Ariel always colouring text and table which makes updates easier.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

One of the descriptions for a nom wasn't colored properly so I fixed that.
GTKAS
| here.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by xofelf »

Thanks <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

In post 37, zoraster wrote:
Mashterstroke
October 20th, 2020 SilverclawAwooSurvivor: Know Your EnemiesAwoo was going to be away for all of the last 24 hours of Florence's first Tribal Council. So in order to still "be here" and "talk to his tribe" during Tribal Council, he put his teach savviness to use and wrote a "Vacation Subscription Bot" that provided periodic updates on where Awoo should be during the 24 hours he was missing. However, the true purpose of the bot was something else entirely - to warn me of the upcoming Vash blindside with literally a minute to go before the TC (image link here). I almost lost my mind at that alone. to only did the rest of the tribe not know a damn thing, but they also loved the bot on their own accord!
2nd
3rd
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Klick »

In post 41, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 37, zoraster wrote:
Mashterstroke
2nd
3rd
LOOOOOOL that's amazing.
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Silverclaw »

Best Mish Mash Newbie
November 23rd, 2020 Silverclaw Farren N/A I am consistently impressed with Farren in every game he partakes in. Despite being relatively new to Mish Mash, he's jumped in with full vigour, been a joy to play with, has hosted numerous games, and has jumped into the helm of otherwise abandoned games to make sure they finish. To me, Farren has embodied a lot of why I got invested in Mish Mash in the first place, and every game he partakes in is always fun.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Best Mish Mash Newbie
December 7th, 2020 Malkon05 tris N/A tris has had one of the most positive projection arcs of any newbie in Mish Mash's history. From having been rejected from their first game only to turn around and be an amazingly active spectator, to getting cast and not making merge, to making jury, and to making essentially back to back FTCs in KYE and Flash Mob and nearly winning her second time there. It's been incredible to watch this individual grow throughout the course of their survivor career...which started this year! There are people who have been playing for years and not achieved the wide range of accomplishments that tris has in the course of a year. On top of that they are active in the discord and play mish mash games from time to time. In my humble opinion, tris is probably one of my favorite people I've had the pleasure of getting to know on this site and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for her. I think she's done so much and been so active in the last year that this nomination I didn't even think twice about. It is my distinct honor and pleasure to nominate tris as Newbie of the Year as I think she truly has earned this and been a beacon of positivity in a crazy time.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by kdowns »

In post 44, Malkon05 wrote:
Best Mish Mash Newbie
December 7th, 2020 Malkon05 tris N/A tris has had one of the most positive projection arcs of any newbie in Mish Mash's history. From having been rejected from their first game only to turn around and be an amazingly active spectator, to getting cast and not making merge, to making jury, and to making essentially back to back FTCs in KYE and Flash Mob and nearly winning her second time there. It's been incredible to watch this individual grow throughout the course of their survivor career...which started this year! There are people who have been playing for years and not achieved the wide range of accomplishments that tris has in the course of a year. On top of that they are active in the discord and play mish mash games from time to time. In my humble opinion, tris is probably one of my favorite people I've had the pleasure of getting to know on this site and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for her. I think she's done so much and been so active in the last year that this nomination I didn't even think twice about. It is my distinct honor and pleasure to nominate tris as Newbie of the Year as I think she truly has earned this and been a beacon of positivity in a crazy time.
2nd
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Smash Mouth
December 7th, 2020 Malkon05 OhGodMyLife N/A OGML is kind of the Rob Cesternino of anonymous games. I would consider him the best to never win. Now he did win a Survivormeet some years back, but he's just had a run of close but not quites in the world of MS anonymous games. That being said he has a record, especially this year, that is to die for. Even though RPG was a game from last year, it was one of the last 4 anonymous games and it starts an incredible year for OGML. He started off in RPG in a 2 way tie for 2nd missing a win by one vote. This almost seemed to propel him to get the big W as the next three games he played he finished 5th, then 3rd twice. I don't know many people who have that kind of year in anonymous games on MS. The fact of the matter is that OGML is simply one of the best. He digs deep to make stuff happen, he works hard in every game he plays, he's usually someone who puts on a great persona that people cheer for, and he's very convincing and good at what he does. It was heartbreaking to see him miss out on the FTC twice this year, getting cut at the last possible moment twice. Both of those games he was favored to win. In spite of this, OGML's reputation as an amazing survivor player precedes him with several years of doing incredible. This year is no different, and I'd argue one of his best years on record for the sheer number of deep runs he has, and none of these are accidental. He's truly incredible and I love watching him play. It is my honor to get to nominate him for player of the year based on his incredible record, which now includes best placement by a replacement in any MS game.
Last edited by Malkon05 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:23 am

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

In post 45, kdowns wrote:
In post 44, Malkon05 wrote:
Best Mish Mash Newbie
2nd
3rd
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player
Farren
He/Him

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Farren »

Mashtermind
2020-17-12
Farren
vincentw
Villagers
vincentw's running of Villagers was superb from start to finish. Resolving game events always occurred in a timely fashion. Errors were minimal, and the errors that did happen were resolved in a fair and transparent fashion. Production values were excellent. vincentw's attitude remained friendly and positive throughout the entire game. He responded to questions and/or concerns quickly and appropriately. All in all, this game was amazing.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:42 am

Post by tris »

In post 46, Malkon05 wrote:
Smash Mouth
December 7th, 2020 Malkon05 OhGodMyLife N/A OGML is kind of the Rob Cesternino of anonymous games. I would consider him the best to never win. Now he did win a Survivormeet some years back, but he's just had a run of close but not quites in the world of MS anonymous games. That being said he has a record, especially this year, that is to die for. Even though RPG was a game from last year, it was one of the last 4 anonymous games and it starts an incredible year for OGML. He started off in RPG in a 2 way tie for 2nd missing a win by one vote. This almost seemed to propel him to get the big W as the next three games he played he finished 5th, then 3rd twice. I don't know many people who have that kind of year in anonymous games on MS. The fact of the matter is that OGML is simply one of the best. He digs deep to make stuff happen, he works hard in every game he plays, he's usually someone who puts on a great persona that people cheer for, and he's very convincing and good at what he does. It was heartbreaking to see him miss out on the FTC twice this year, getting cut at the last possible moment twice. Both of those games he was favored to win. In spite of this, OGML's reputation as an amazing survivor player precedes him with several years of doing incredible. This year is no different, and I'd argue one of his best years on record for the sheer number of deep runs he has, and none of these are accidental. He's truly incredible and I love watching him play. It is my honor to get to nominate him for player of the year based on his incredible record, which now includes best placement by a replacement in any MS game.
2nd

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”