Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Vote: Surye
. Obvscum
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, that was the fastest random stage ever. To be honest, I am well agreed with an
FoS: Caboose
. He's floundering and trying to conform. I'd vote but that puts him L-1.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sowwy. We tried to lynch you but no one went for it. And we are all too scared to kill Caboose yet. Sooo...yeah. Course, thinking on it, scum would have to be moronic to hammer...soo...
Vote:Caboose
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:47 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

While I think Caboose has earned major scum points, you just earned bigger scum points for putting him at L-1 on page 2 with barely any conversation and no responses from him to the suspicion against him. There is absolutely no need to hurry as we're in LYLO from the getgo.
Yeah, and what happens if he's town? If someone hammers, he kills them. L-1 is a lot less dangerous here than it is anywhere else? I personally think he's scum or I wouldn't vote him, but still, as it turns out, we'll get our discussion, since townies would be foolish to hammer, and scum would be as well.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I dont not understand most of your post but you're so sure he's scum on page 2? after only 2 posts from him?
How I play. If I think someone is scum, I present it as if I'm certain. It elicits easier gauged reactions because they know I'm serious. And to a degree I am. Caboose shouldn't try to play on uncertainty with me.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

And you shouldn't be certain from only 2 posts and less than 2 full pages.
Well, that's how things fall sometimes. I also highly doubt anyone will be quick to hammer this game. Putting him at L-1 is significantly less dangerous than it is in any other game.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #31 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

So, you want me to use a vig kill on a likely townie?

Please explain.
I didn't express myself well there. If you are scum, then it's good for you to die. There's the fact that no one will hammer for a while though because of the possibility you are town. Because of that possiblity, scum would have to be foolish to hammer, but guess what? The only way you die if you AREN'T scum is if they hammer. Thusly, taking you to L-1 is a completely safe action.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #33 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I forgot about SSF to be honest. I know I'm town...if SSF is scum I suppose you are right...

Unvote, FoS: Caboose

I got muddled.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #37 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Thank you for continuing to make me happier with my vote by just claiming town after jumping on Caboose for doing it.
Wrong, I outright claimed town. Caboose implied it. There is indeed a difference. I'm really beginning to wonder if you might not be scum. You seem to be attacking anyone that posts. So, Mirth, why are you so sure I'm scum after barely 2 pages of discussion?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #39 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:47 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Same thing. You had absolutely no reason to do it. In this game, there are no power roles. Thus everyone pretty much claims townie just by playing. There is no reason to outright say "I'm town." Caboose implied it, yes, but you had even less reason to claim (whether soft of not) than he did especially after he drew heat for it.
Implication was scummy because it's trying to make someone subconciously believe it. Direct claim isn't as scummy, espeically since I really wasn't intending to "claim", so to speak. I was working out things in my head.

And is the unvote really that strange? I kinda forgot the fact I was depending on SSF to be town for L-1 to be safe. I said as much, and recanted because it was obviously not as safe as I thought. Now I find you and Caboose suspicious, since it feels HEAVILY like you are fishing for any case to gain ground. I know this sounds like it should be pro town...but in this case it's not..it's more throwing shit around and seeing what sticks, really.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #41 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Because at first it felt like you really believed your case. Now it's beginning to feel like what I said. But, this is inconclusive.

And actually, no, the unvote wasn't strange. If Caboose is scum like I believe, yes, my putting him at L-1 is alright. But, the possiblity he's not scum only makes it worth putting him at L-1 if I believe SSF is town. I have no indicators either way for that, and that oversight isn't worth risking dead town by vig kill.

And also, isn't it the hammer that dies? Because all my possibilites get fucked up if I 'm wrong, but it does make it safe to vote him again. Well, safe as anything.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #43 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:47 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also, as to killing the hammer, I have never played this set up before, but I would think that policy-killing the hammer would be stupid. Town could just as easily hammer as scum. (Example: both scum are already on the wagon, townie does something REALLY stupid, other townie hammers. Insta-loss) The vig kill should be based on a player's actions more so than on vote position.
Ah, you misunderstood me. I thought it was only the hammer that got shot, like a supersaint. If it's any that voted...I'm fine with
vote: Caboose
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #44 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:48 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh wow, it's just a vig kill overall. I need to learn to read better. Either way, I feel a lot better about my vote then.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #46 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

So why are you revoting Caboose exactly? Please explain your reasoning?
Because the only reason I unvoted was because L-1 seemed dangerous. It doesn't anymore because the vig can be directed if Caboose is town, and if he's scum, nothing of value is lost.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #49 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:38 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Why isn't L-1 dangerous anymore? If he's town he doesn't actually have to take direction, you know.
You once again misunderstand. He can direct the vig if he's town. Whether that's good or bad I know not. But it's not only the hammer that gets killed, which is what had me concerned. If it's the hammer and he is town and SSF is scum, then it'd be a wasted kill. Now, the thing is, I still think he is scum, so it'll be alright. I also think you are possible scum, but need to see more. Either way, I think everyone will wait before hammering since anybody is a target.
Also, I'm kind of sick of this pretty much being a back and forth between me and FL. Can someone else please post?
Be nice, ne?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #51 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also I don't like how Forbind assumed that Cabose would kill the person who hammered and the fact she didn't know for sure really looks scummy.
Or inattentive. And no, I didn't assume Caboose would kill the hammer. Read my words. I assumed the vig kill only killed the hammer. I only really read the alignment on my PM.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #55 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The second part was more that I hate it when not everyone else participates, nothing against you.
No, I meant that it WOULD be nice. Not saying you should be nice to me :P.

An over eager townie, but the fact that he appologies seems scummy? I just don't get that.
Also Forbindden my question was why do you still thinkk Caboose is scum?
Oh? Mostly the beginning of the day behavior. I'm not completely certain, though I pretend I am. He hasn't done anything to assauge it. He backed off really quickly when he got called out for it.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #57 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Now, obviously, from my POV, C is impossible, so the question for me is whether or not it's feasible for FL to be able to assume that I'm town after one post. I don't.
I more took it for granted for some reason, not that it makes me or you look any better. I was kinda folllowing a singular assumption and let it pervade my thinking.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #59 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

HAI GAIZ! IS WE STILL PLAYINZ?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #74 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL thinks attacking Caboose so surely will get her brownie points
No, I think Caboose is scum. Though you are certainly rising on my list given what I said earlier. Throw shit around and see what sticks.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #78 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

And I think that you can't be that positive from his 4 whole posts.
And I already explained that that's my playstyle.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #81 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL: all fine and dandy, but this is a 5 player game, we start off in LYLO, so excuse me if I think you need to amend your playstyle for this. Can't be sure of finding scum page 1, and I'd really like a lynch that isn't one part lack of enthusiasm and one part "I'm going to convince myself that this person is scum because I already voted for them."
And if I'm right it's a moot point anyway. Either way, I'll
Unvote
pending a replacement and
Vote:Mirth
based on my earlier concerns.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #83 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:09 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

farside22 wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

FL: all fine and dandy, but this is a 5 player game, we start off in LYLO, so excuse me if I think you need to amend your playstyle for this. Can't be sure of finding scum page 1, and I'd really like a lynch that isn't one part lack of enthusiasm and one part "I'm going to convince myself that this person is scum because I already voted for them."
And if I'm right it's a moot point anyway. Either way, I'll
Unvote
pending a replacement and
Vote:Mirth
based on my earlier concerns.
What concerns is that exactly?
That she's throwing shit around and seeing what sticks. It's a scum tactic to push mislynches IMO.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #88 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

And you think that my getting replaced would make my replacement innocent?
Because we'd actually hear someone TALK maybe? We only have those four posts. Way to twist my fucking words.

It looks to me like forbiddanlight is trying to dance around, get me lynched, and avoid a vig kill (from the bold). If forbiddanlight really thought I was scum, then why isn't she trying to get me lynched? Why is she afraid of me being at L-1?
Because you are a fucking moron taking my words out of context. I thought L-1 was dangerous to the TOWN because of my misunderstandings of the rules. Yanno, this misrepresentation of me really has me flipflopping because I'm not sure who's scummier. You or Mirth. Now it's you though

Unvote, vote Caboose

I would not be unsurprised to see our scum pair between Mirth and Caboose. And if I get lynched, I'll be following through on that.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #90 (isolation #24) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I apologize. My language and insults were uncalled for. When I got home I was in a horrid mood and I projected it onto several games. I'm sorry about that. Everything except you being a moron stands though :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #93 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL: so I'm scum for trying to start conversation/get somewhere? Then I must be/must have been scum in every single game I've ever played. Also I'm loving your flirtation with the votecount on Caboose. All this jumping is rather sketchy.
Ways and means. You aren't precisely provoking discussion so much as making a case for everyone and seeing what people follow. It's hard to explain better than that, though it goes beyond that, but I've seen it more often in scum than town.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #95 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mirth wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

FL: so I'm scum for trying to start conversation/get somewhere? Then I must be/must have been scum in every single game I've ever played. Also I'm loving your flirtation with the votecount on Caboose. All this jumping is rather sketchy.
Ways and means. You aren't precisely provoking discussion so much as making a case for everyone and seeing what people follow. It's hard to explain better than that, though it goes beyond that, but I've seen it more often in scum than town.
Making a case for everyone and seeing what people follow? If that was the case, I could have just hammered Caboose already (assuming he and I aren't partners). Or stayed on you and pushed your lynch harder, because, honestly, you're not doing yourself any favors with your play. If I wanted an easy lynch, it's there, sitting on the platter, in the form of you, and could have been pulled off already. I doubt anyone would have faulted me for keeping you at L-1. Yet I'd really rather just hear from everyone here and get a discussion going where everyone is participating.
This is so fallacy ridden

First, I think you and Caboose are indeed scum buddies. That doesn't preclude you hammering for cred tomorrow. Second, hammering me is probably the stupidest thing you can do as scum. You can tell that either you or caboose will be my vengeful target. This set up doesn't have a great way for scum to push mislynches except surreptitiously. The throwing stuff around would in theory work well here since it indeed looks like you are promoting discussion when really you want to avoid suspicion so you aren't shot.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #97 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

That just put you down on my scumdar. If I'm lynched (which is a distinct possibility) then I intend to use my vig kill on forbiddanlight.
And have us lose the game? That'd be pretty epic fail. Course, you don't have a vig kill so it's no worries.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #98 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, actually, this isn't a bad idea. Everyone, claim who you would kill right now with your vig kill. Should give us an interesting data set, ne? And is there any harm in it? At worst we have some WIFOM to ignore, at best we have some new things to analyze.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #99 (isolation #29) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

As for me, I think I'd vig Mirth since I see Caboose as more able to be lynched as scum.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #106 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Am I mistaken or is killing someone you think is harder to get lynched a very scummy way to think?
Or maybe sighing at the towns ineptitude. Please, lynch me. I want to kill someone. I've declared my target. Have fun being a dead godfather (or goon, but I'm hoping you are the GF just for awesomeness). I'd PREFER us to actually lynch scum, but if I have to kill them with a gun it's fine.

As for your knee jerk accusations, no, actually, I really did want to see what a replacement had to say, and I'm really torn between voting Mirth and Caboose. Each post I see allows me to reevaluate the situation. I'm jumpy, but it's like having two targets and not being sure which one to shoot, really.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #108 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I would like to know who you directed the bold comment at.
Mirth. Recall? I'm shooting her when you all decide to lynch me unless she changes my mind about her alignment. I will give you all the courtesy of a reread before I shoot if you decide I'm the lynch, but so far, my moneys on Mirth scum.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #110 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

understandable. It was a little disjointed.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #112 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL, would you kindly remind of the reason that you're voting for me?
Well, at first it was the same reason everyone else was. Now it's because the post I quoted when revoting you reeked of scummy misrepresentation, to me anyway.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #114 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:22 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm going to be completely without game access until Monday. I need to leave for a funeral. I apologize for the inconvenience to you all.
Hell, you don't need to apologize. If you have to go to a funeral, I mean it's perfectly understandable.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #116 (isolation #35) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I agree with SSF about your knee jerk reactions. Why did you not address his comments?

Or maybe sighing at the towns ineptitude. Please, lynch me. I want to kill someone. I've declared my target. Have fun being a dead godfather (or goon, but I'm hoping you are the GF just for awesomeness). I'd PREFER us to actually lynch scum, but if I have to kill them with a gun it's fine.

As for your knee jerk accusations, no, actually, I really did want to see what a replacement had to say, and I'm really torn between voting Mirth and Caboose. Each post I see allows me to reevaluate the situation. I'm jumpy, but it's like having two targets and not being sure which one to shoot, really.

Hi. I did. Thanks for reading.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #118 (isolation #36) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

2 things one this feels like an appeal to emotion. Two it doesn't really explain things well. It's like you have no answer. Why do you still think Caboose is scum?

Well, at first it was the same reason everyone else was. Now it's because the post I quoted when revoting you reeked of scummy misrepresentation, to me anyway.

Reading is tech
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #121 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I think that it is fair to say that you are the one that's foundering and trying to conform.
No, not really. I'm foundering trying to figure out which one of the two scum to vote

As for the knee jerk point I said something about it I think. Every post you two have made has caused me to rethink where my vote is better. I'm well convinced both of you are scum.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #123 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Another question that I want answered: Do you think that my first two posts warrented a lynch?
No. But, I was also banking on the regular cowardice seen at MS and the fact that it's actually warranted this game to prevent a quick lynch while sufficiently pressuring you...also the fact that I for some reason thought we were all supersaints instead of vengeful vigs, which makes a lot more sense :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #125 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

As I haven't been a member of MS long, please explain. Do you mean that you were banking on the fact that no one would have the courage to hammer me?
Yep. More so in this game because of the repercussions of being wrong
Why did you get off the bandwagon right after Farside called you down on it and why did you revote me right after I called you down on it?
Bad timing probably. I was kinda feeling Mirth and you at the same time and was conflicted on where to go. Especially after your post which felt a lot like blatent misrepresentation and made me feel more sure of your scumminess.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #128 (isolation #40) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Please tell me if I'm misinterpreting this. Are you saying that it was a coincidence?
That's exactly what I'm saying. I don't sit around all day waiting for new posts. I occasionally drop by, see a new post, am compelled to respond to it on it's own combined with vague memories of the previous occurances in the thread. So, it could entirely be coincidental because I was considering one or two of the freshest posts and not really thinking of my previous actions.

So were you sure that I was scum before my return?
Nyeh, already answered this, but that's how I play. If I think someone is scum, I present it as certainty and see how they react. So far I'm unimpressed.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #130 (isolation #41) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm not trying to impress you.

I'm having some serious doubts about my vote. I know I might take some heat for this and I know that FL might be scum, but I'll unvote FL.

I would like to hear more from SSF and Farside.
Actually, I concur with that last part. I also want to hear from mirth so I can flip flop between you two again :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #133 (isolation #42) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:09 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Hi, I'm back. It might take me a few days to catch up with all my games since I have a large backlog of work to do, but I shall try to get up to date tomorrow. Sorry for the absence and all
ONLY SCUM HAVE LIVES! LYNCH HER NAO!

On a more serious note, take your time. It's nice to see someone besides me and Caboose around.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #135 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Geez you people have lives on the weekend. Do I need to post a pic of my 5 month old for people to understand. Razz
You already did that. It didn't save you then :P.

And I have no life. Haven't I already established that? Seriously, this girl has nothing better to do on a Friday night than play mafia :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #137 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nyeh, PBPA's are boring. I'll just put it this way

Caboose may or may not be scummy due to initial actions as well as what I felt was misrepresentation

SSF...I don't have enough data on really. He's fence sitting hard. I could actually see him as being more scummy than Caboose, since it would appear Caboose is at least TRYING to see what pro town worth I have rather than coast for the mislynch

You...I don't have much data on either. You might have a point about Caboose's initial post, but still I don't have enough data to feel either way from you

Mirth, as I've already stated feels like she's trying to find a case and stick on it to mislynch.

Considering this, I think I'll flop to Mirth again
Unvote, vote Mirth

I could also flip to SSF. I'm not clearing Caboose but he feels less scummy than I thought.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #144 (isolation #45) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm providing content, all of which are counter-productive to the entire "active lurking" process.
bullcrap. You kinda stopped providing ANY content after no one was bothering you

I'm fencesitting? How so?
You are pushing me, but not exactly SUUURE...you are pushing Caboose, but aren't exactly suuure. Seems fence sittingish to me

I don't think jumping over then jumping back once counts as flipflopping.
Well, it's what I'm accused of :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #147 (isolation #46) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL 137: "Caboose may or may not be scummy" and yet you spent all this time voting and attacking him for being obvscum. This contradiction bothers me. Agreed about not having data on SSF since he is taking every chance to avoid giving us an opinion. Agreed on no read on Farside. As for me, this is not a case. Considering I could have ridden two bandwagons right now (including your own) I don't see why you think that "I'm trying to find a case" There is a rather good case on you. Yet I am not voting you despite you being the single most scummy person here because I don't want this day to be over yet. This post also bothers me with the "I'm willing to vote any of these 3 people" thing. Clearly the three of us cannot all be scum together. It sounds like *you're* the one blindly groping for a lynch with whichever way the tide is turning.
Hi. Thanks for the misrepresentation. I'm not CLEARING Caboose but I very clearly have two targets for my vote. And excuse me for deciding to change my mind. I thought tunnel vision was bad? I've already explained I use certainty to pressure several times. And the reason you aren't voting me is more like you don't want to die. Sorry, but the only two people I'm willing to vote right now are you and SSF. Especially you right now since you really are trying to twist my words in an incredibly negative light.
or, if you have such a bad memory, you could always read back. I know we're at a whole six pages and that it would be a mighty task akin to washing out a stable by redirecting a river, but maybe you should give it a try. I've been accusing SSF of being inconsiderate to the game, I think I'll add you to this list. If you don't remember what was said, you could do us the courtesy of a reread instead of continuing to latch onto something on poor grounds like a rabid chihuahua biting a heel.
I never said I precisely had bad memory. If I remember correctly, that post was more along the lines of "I don't reread the game every time I post". The vague memories bit may have been a bit vague but I will make you aware that that does not necessarily mean BAD memory.

FL 112: what do you mean by scummy misrepresentation?
I've corrected several of his posts pertaining to me because they were dead wrong and made me look a lot worse than was the truth. You did the PBPA, it should be obvious.

FL 106: except you don't actually have too good of a case on either of us. Your supposed case on me is WIFOM about my playstyle. (Seriously, what was the last game I didn't jump down everyone's throats?) Your case on Caboose is based on 2 posts. These are weak, you admit they're weak, and yet you say you're going to keep pushing them just because you started pushing them in the first place. This is a crap reason. Seriously, step back from the game and actually read it.
So, wait...first, you want me to not stick with cases because they are weak...but then when I change my mind later on, that's scummy too!? What the hell do you want here?

Caboose 139: you get a really protown vibe out of her willingness to blow with the wind and her lack of an actual case on anyone?
Nah, to be fair, I think I've found the scum. The trick is convincing the town now.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #149 (isolation #47) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:38 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I want you to find a case of your own for an actually valid reason. By this I mean if you are going to be suspicious of Caboose, suspect him for more than just 2 posts, if you're going to be suspicious of SSF, suspect him for more than just Farside suspecting him, if you're going to suspect me, suspect me for my actions and not a misrepresentation of my playstyle.
Well, I am beginning to suspect you for your actions after that PBPA that paints a lot of things completely inaccurately. As for SSF...I kinda did suspect him for reasons beyond farside suspecting him. Are you even reading my posts? As for Caboose, I've dropped that for now, and there's the fact that sometimes 2 posts can be enough to find scum.

Well, like I said, I use certainty to pressure and see how others react. I'm still feeling out your reactions.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #154 (isolation #48) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:07 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Am I dead? Was that hammahtime!?

Alrighty, so, which of you lucky punks wants to die today? I'm really leaning Mirth as I said, but then again...SSF might not be a bad choice.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #155 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:09 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh hell. You all suck. I thought I was dead but I'm nowhere near. I could have SWORN I was still at L-1 :S...Damn.

Well, alright, I guess I'll respond to things then.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #157 (isolation #50) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:12 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You're "still feeling out [my] reactions" but are saying that I'm definately scum and deserve to die? You keep contradicting yourself.
Not a contradiction at all. I'm feeling your reactions to my certainty. You really are pushing the lamest points you can, aren't you?

It's stuff like this that makes me feel more like you are trying to paint me scum no matter what I say rather than actually scum hunt.
Care to point out any posts in particular that were content-less? Or is "SCUM (Lack of content)" what gets branded onto anyone who is posting less than the everyone else.
I'll look for it while I'm assailing mirth...eventually. I hate doing PBPAs. But I'll try. I'd rather get the other one I have to do in another game out of the way first.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #158 (isolation #51) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

After all that discussion there is only 1 vote on you currently.
Yeah, I rechecked to make sure I didn't make a fool of myself PMing a target to the mod while not dead. I kinda assumed I had been hammered by SSF when I read the context of the post.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #160 (isolation #52) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:32 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL: how am I pushing lame points when you are clearly and repeatedly contradicting yourself?
Because I'm not. Trying to paint it that way is scummy when I've explained why it's not contradictory.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #161 (isolation #53) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

EBWOP: I also said I was assailing you, not the other way around.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #163 (isolation #54) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:36 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

How is it not contradictory. I'm defscum but you still need to think about it? Please explain this to me. In small words. Like I'm a developmentally challenged child who doesn't really understand english
As I explained already, I'm using certainty to gauge your reactions, but I've probably blown that to hell by mentioning it. By saying you are def scum you react in a different way.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #167 (isolation #55) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh...I just realized that SSF is at L-1. I really want to hammer him. I've also established I found him scummy. Um...well, I won't hammer yet because I think people are waiting on something, but I would like to reserve the hammer, k?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #171 (isolation #56) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:29 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You really don't know how being a Townie works, do you?
More like I don't know how to read a role PM. This is getting comical how scummy my inattentiveness is making me.
a) answer my question (this is getting circular as you are answering with half of my question) b) explain to me in small clear words why SSF is all of a sudden a better lynch than I am and c)why you think I'm scum in PBPA form.
What question? I answered it. Second, how about SSF is more likely to be lynched then? In addition to his lurking and evasion. And I hate doing PBPAs. I think I'll decline that last one.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #173 (isolation #57) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

And I think that "I already answered that question" is an invalid answer to any question.
Nyeh, well, if people are going to ask someone to answer a question without restating the question, I see no need to restate my answer. Quit being lazy people. Demonstrate my failure to answer or stop asking. Because I honestly am lost on what Mirth is looking for.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #175 (isolation #58) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Every question I ask, I ask for a reason. I'm not asking people questions just for the hell of it.
Well, that's assumed. But if you really want information you should do the work to get it if it's already been said. Mirth hasn't shown me where I failed to answer her question, nor has she even restated the question so I can better answer it. She's just referred to a vague question that I really am lost on since I've been trying to answer everything asked of me.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #177 (isolation #59) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

And I've ANSWERED THIS ALREADY!

You being dead may or may not be nice. I'm...unsure at the moment (I'm willing to admit this since the certainty gambit is shot to hell). I am advocating you might be scum. I am NOT certain, despite saying I am because I wanted to get a reaction out of you. And it's not really refusal, it's laziness. I suppose I might as well make a case eventually, but I also have other games to do PBPA's in. I'll probably do this one and the other one over the weekend. I realize I outright refused before but I'm ceding a point here. And why am I going for SSF because he's more likely to be lynched? Because I HAVE created a little bit of case on him and he's not looking that good. He's also making himself look worse with the admitted knee jerk. I'm willing to hammer him at any time and would like to do it soon, but I also realize that if I'm wrong I've screwed the town and if I'm right I still cut off discussion. Let me put my suspicions plainly.

SSF->you->Caboose->farside, in order of most scummy to least scummy IMO. If I'm wrong about one of you caboose fits in the gap.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #180 (isolation #60) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

What if you're wrong about 2 of us, FL? Have you completely stopped considering Farside?
Farside doesn't feel scummy. I'm not ignoring her, it's just most of the data I do have doesn't indicate scum.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #187 (isolation #61) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, I'll gladly hammer. But is there any particular amount of time you want me to wait? I'll hold it off for however long the consensus is.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #189 (isolation #62) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'd rather hear that from at least 3 people, though I'll settle for two.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #192 (isolation #63) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Was that a lynch or L-1? Cause if we are going to play that, I'm afraid for the sake of the town I have to

Vote SSF
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #193 (isolation #64) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

EBWOP:
Unvote, vote SSF
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #195 (isolation #65) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

If SSF ends up being town, I'm going to kick myself.
If SSF is town, we've lost. Because I GUARANTEE I'm who he'll shoot. I'm placing a reasonably safe bet that he's not. And if he isn't, Mirth is next.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #198 (isolation #66) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yep, I gotta lean that way myself. Only conclusion I can come to. I don't see bussing from farside or Caboose given the really EASY kill they'd get on me (especially since I declared that my kill would be Mirth were I lynched)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #200 (isolation #67) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:18 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well you said Mirth or Caboose, but I will assume you were leaning Mirth on that one.
Ah, true. I think at one point I stated Mirth though. I suppose Caboose is still possible, but I'm not really seeing it.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #201 (isolation #68) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, and if I don't miss my guess we get one mislynch now. 4 players, no nights, 1 scum...yep :).
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #204 (isolation #69) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

This is pretty much what I expected. Essentially though, you are right. Odds are, the godfather is either you or I. And we have two tries. Town has won assuming farside and Caboose aren't the godfather. farside feels the most town since she really had no reason to bus her buddy. Caboose is iffy, but I'm more sure of you. As such, I will
Vote Mirth

It's up to you guys, Caboose and farside.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #206 (isolation #70) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

So I'm right about your horrible play? So nice of you to admit it.
You know, upon reread, you have pretty much nothing right. I kinda inserted my own thoughts in your speech, somehow extrapolating from your post that you realized just as I did that it's basically either me or you as the godfather.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #209 (isolation #71) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:32 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL: Not that you didn't state your disdain on Mith already, but OMGUS vote if I saw one.
It is. But honestly, I'm not gonna vote myself. And I've basically stated the fact that logically it can only be me or Mirth. And you have two tries to decide. Game is the towns or Caboose is scum IMO. I don't see it being likely. I know I'm town, so I can only assume Mirth is the GF.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #212 (isolation #72) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Typically when I see people posting to post and adding nothing that is a big I am so scum tell it's just not funny sign.
Caboose do you care to add anything?
This. I mean seriously, why post content that can be used against you when you can coast by not doing so. I also don't like forced WIFOM like the gem about "If I were scum what would I gain from this". I also want to know what everyone thinks of my point about how the GF is most likely either me or Mirth? I don't want to sound like a false dichotomy but this is pretty...unfalse. farside in my eyes is practically confirmed town. There is NO logical scum reason for not getting me lynched when she had the chance, unless I were scum with her. Guess what? That's impossible.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #214 (isolation #73) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Both you and Mrith have strikes against you.
I realize this. This isn't what I asked though. I asked if my summation of things was right, and I was pointing out why I thought this. Also explained why you are practically confirmed town. It isn't WIFOM since I'd like to think you wouldn't be so bad a player as to pass up a win when presented.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #218 (isolation #74) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I guess that (assuming FL was the GF) FL could have hammered her scumbuddy to save herself, and therefore the game for the scum. But I don't see that as likely.
Devils Advocate. If I am the GF that was the only correct play at that point, since in theory if I held the hammer too long, Mirth's arguments would carry more and more weight til I was lynched.

I do however feel Mirth tried to save SSF and failed.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #224 (isolation #75) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

WEll, my apologies for the fail, but at least I half called it. To be fair, I was really eager to shoot as well and that probably factored into my horrid play. Also, I was hoping like hell Mirth was GF. If she wasn't, I'd have to figure out how to get Caboose lynched since that was the only other REAL possibility to me. I just realized in everyone else's eyes it was me or Mirth.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #225 (isolation #76) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:42 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also, I think it's funny how you thought I'd use meta to save you but instead ignored it because it felt different, Mirth :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #227 (isolation #77) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:15 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yeah, I gotta admit, I thought I screwed us over with my bad play, but I was reasonably certain of Mirth. SSF was mostly to save myself, and it worked out.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #229 (isolation #78) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I know my play was atrocious. And I was talking about your QT which said you were banking on meta. And while my case was utter crap that was mostly because I was unmotivated and mostly going off thinly reasoned gut. I agree that this game was horrid for me. But I still caught you.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #230 (isolation #79) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:48 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

What the hell? You guys didn't even wait for me to respond to your questions? This bothers me a bit. I guess I'm never allowed to have any more days when I'm too busy to check stuff on the computer then.
Actually, it was more the "semi true dichotomy" I set up between you and I. There really was no more reason to wait since at that point town had the game, it was a matter of who went first.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #235 (isolation #80) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:20 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, one note. I was surprised that everyone freaked out when Caboose "claimed" town in a game where vanilla town is the only town role, and it's an open setup. It's basically the same claim everyone has implicitly.

Also, FL's not knowing the town PM off the top of her head makes her more townish in my mind, simply because scum would analyze the PM in the first post VERY carefully. Little WIFOM, but it's available to everyone, so why would scum not use that to their advantage?
Yeah, because SSF clearly did. I'd make it a null tell at best, especially given how I tend to fluctuate between impuslive and methodical. And yeah, I kinda let myself be led on the Caboose thing. I didn't want to think and that started to screw me.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #237 (isolation #81) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:37 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I think in the end if you had been lynched you would have shot Mirth. Town would have lost if you had stayed so single minded to Caboose.
Yeah, I would have shot Mirth. Caboose was giving me good vibes as he interrogated me, so I kinda knew who I'd shoot in the event of my lynch.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”