Exorcists
Townie
Exorcists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Exorcists »

In post 24, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 22, Exorcists wrote:Murdercat, have you ever faked a town-slip as scum before?

-Lance
Almost certainly :lol:

If you want my self meta about my scum game I am happy to provide it, but I am usually hesitant to because it is really wifomy and people are then unable to form their own unbiased conclusions.
It won't hurt to hear it. Shoot.

-Lance
egotisi
egotisi
Townie
egotisi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:28 am

Post by egotisi »

ego.

-tisi
Exorcists
Exorcists
Townie
Exorcists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Exorcists »

What do you mean?

-Lance
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:29 am

Post by xofelf »

Oh hi, this started already, neat.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
egotisi
egotisi
Townie
egotisi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:30 am

Post by egotisi »

exorcists pings as town.

random canadian does not.

VOTE: random canadian

-tisi
egotisi
egotisi
Townie
egotisi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:31 am

Post by egotisi »

In post 29, Exorcists wrote:What do you mean?

-Lance
this @ me? i'm
making a pun about our username
egoing the thread.

-tisi
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:33 am

Post by Isis »

I don't really see how setup spec can help but I'm also not super stressed about people getting rolefished by it. I think it will just generally be more gamewinning to dayplay well.
This just kinda seems like a setup where the scum got to have lots of fun picking what roles they want to use but for everyone else it's just a normal queue game.

I played a Marvel flavored version of this game off-site and rolled cop and fucked up my investigation result crumbs to gamethrow, but mostly it just seemed like a Normal game to me (in a normal queue game crumbing too unclearly as cop is similarly bad!).
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Isis »

I like exorcists so far, I think they have an eagerness to progress through low information phase and past that's plus town.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:35 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

so maf have rolecop, roleblocker and non consecutive strongman. thats 5 so we must have 8
I don't wanna speculate on prs this early but I have a suspicion of 1 existing due to the mafia picking a strongman
ahh people beat me to it
ill toss this here for now
VOTE: murdercat
Exorcists
Exorcists
Townie
Exorcists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Exorcists »

In post 32, egotisi wrote:
In post 29, Exorcists wrote:What do you mean?

-Lance
this @ me? i'm
making a pun about our username
egoing the thread.

-tisi
It was. What does egoing the thread mean? I've seen some do it but don't get it.

-Lance
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:35 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Exorcists wrote:
In post 22, Exorcists wrote:Murdercat, have you ever faked a town-slip as scum before?

-Lance

If you want my self meta about my scum game I am happy to provide it, but I am usually hesitant to because it is really wifomy and people are then unable to form their own unbiased conclusions.

-Lance
As town I hard commit to getting people elimed when I become confident they are scum. This usually involves detailed cases, hard pushes, and actively encouraging my town reads to vote with me. This might happen on D1, but is probably more likely to happen on D2.

I put in effort as scum, so long detailed posts are NAI. I can and have bussed, but I am usually hesitant to do so.

I think the biggest tell in my scum game is that I can't fake the level of enthusiasm I have for eliming scum that I have when town.

As town I will often do somewhat questionable things to provoke reads, which may get me miselimed. I do want to try to tone that back this game and just obv town from the start.

As you can tell I've been thinking a lot about my own meta because I just set up my wiki to include all my completed games the other day
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
egotisi
egotisi
Townie
egotisi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:37 am

Post by egotisi »

In post 36, Exorcists wrote:What does egoing the thread mean?
posting a post in a thread for the first time, making it show up in your egosearch ("view your posts"). neat stuff.

-tisi
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

datisi, is GB scum?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Isis »

Oh I thought that was a bugspray hydra, is bugs not anywhere in this game? :(
"Well, I..."
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

the real question is: who is hectic?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Isis »

you're right tho
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:44 am

Post by Isis »

In post 35, PlusJOYED wrote:so maf have rolecop, roleblocker and non consecutive strongman. thats 5 so we must have 8
I don't wanna speculate on prs this early but I have a suspicion of 1 existing due to the mafia picking a strongman
ahh people beat me to it
ill toss this here for now
VOTE: murdercat
Is this arbitrary, or are you a believer in voting people who already have some votes in RVS?
"Well, I..."
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:46 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Tayl0r I remember you saying that it took you a while to get going as scum in our last game together. Based on that, I read your early memeing as townie as, I feel like you would be a little more hesitant to post something like as scum even though it's an obvious joke. (I certainly feel that way as scum). What do you think of that read?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Exorcists
Exorcists
Townie
Exorcists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Exorcists »

In post 37, MURDERCAT wrote:
Exorcists wrote:

-Lance

-Lance
As town I hard commit to getting people elimed when I become confident they are scum. This usually involves detailed cases, hard pushes, and actively encouraging my town reads to vote with me. This might happen on D1, but is probably more likely to happen on D2.

I put in effort as scum, so long detailed posts are NAI. I can and have bussed, but I am usually hesitant to do so.

I think the biggest tell in my scum game is that I can't fake the level of enthusiasm I have for eliming scum that I have when town.

As town I will often do somewhat questionable things to provoke reads, which may get me miselimed. I do want to try to tone that back this game and just obv town from the start.

As you can tell I've been thinking a lot about my own meta because I just set up my wiki to include all my completed games the other day
You seem to be very self-aware of your meta. On one hand, I do like that you're willing to voluntarily offer it like this, since I'd guess it'd make you a little more uncomfortable as scum. However, this seems to be the first game where I assume you're trying to eliminate the usefulness of this meta, so I like it, but not as much.

-Lance
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:48 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 45, Exorcists wrote:You seem to be very self-aware of your meta. On one hand, I do like that you're willing to voluntarily offer it like this, since I'd guess it'd make you a little more uncomfortable as scum. However, this seems to be the first game where I assume you're trying to eliminate the usefulness of this meta, so I like it, but not as much.

-Lance
Yeah there's also other reasons I'm changing things that I can't talk about due to site rules
GTKAMURDERCAT

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Isis »

In post 44, MURDERCAT wrote:Tayl0r I remember you saying that it took you a while to get going as scum in our last game together. Based on that, I read your early memeing as townie as, I feel like you would be a little more hesitant to post something like as scum even though it's an obvious joke. (I certainly feel that way as scum). What do you think of that read?
Tayl0r made posts like that in our Noir game, at least one time, she said "should someone tell me what I should be thinking" after I had just explained that I thought only scum would say that

That was later in the game so if you think she would only do that midgame and not during the beginning you could go with that I guess. I think it's probably within her range to do it as both alignments though.
"Well, I..."
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 44, MURDERCAT wrote:Tayl0r I remember you saying that it took you a while to get going as scum in our last game together. Based on that, I read your early memeing as townie as, I feel like you would be a little more hesitant to post something like as scum even though it's an obvious joke. (I certainly feel that way as scum). What do you think of that read?
hmm i like where youre coming from, but its wrong. when i said it took me a while to get settled i just meant that i was fence-sitting to see which way the wind was blowing and all of a sudden town had moved on before i positioned myself. as town sometimes i can take a while to get invested and start getting reads too though. and i can definitely shitpost as either alignment.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:50 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 47, Isis wrote:That was later in the game so if you think she would only do that midgame and not during the beginning you could go with that I guess.
That was the thought I had
GTKAMURDERCAT

Return to “Completed Open Games”