Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I just want to know how it feels to spend your time waiting to post something meaningless on a #pagetop!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 764, Titus wrote:Terribly town or terrible scum?
Not sure what this means.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 726, Nero Cain wrote:Mastina is going to play pretty much the same way regardless of alignment. If we haven't solved by like d5 or w/e then sure lets flip her but paranoid flipping her d1 seems...idk...lame?
I feel like this is just poor strategy, I'd rather get an inevitable elim out of the way asap
In post 727, Nero Cain wrote:can you guys give me thoughts on Vecna and Super bowl?
I'm town dont worry
Ban Hydras
Ban Hydras
Goon
Ban Hydras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Ban Hydras »

In post 769, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 703, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i feel like the potential benefit from a mastina scumflip today is massively outweighed by the drawbacks of flipping town!mastina, and in any case she seems to be making a concentrated effort to gamesolve, but i'm not sure if that's nai for her. VOTE: plusjoyed their entire push on mastina feels manufactured and and ping me as calling out something for which there is no reason to call out.
Oh so yall competing for worst
town
post now????
You know it's a TOWN post??

~Buttercup
It takes a lot more than a couple of cheap shots to make us cry.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 505, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Mastina
Why are your scumreads what they are?
Well, I just explained the Bell scumread.

The powerpuff girl hydra scumread comes mostly from feeling like, if they were town, that I
should
be townreading them...and yet, having an utter absence of a townread. They are one of the top-two posters in the game, as in, literally only one slot has more posts than them--plenty of content to sift through for getting a townread.

And yet.

I don't have one on them.

Everything they've done is a big ol' fat pile of null. Nothing that even remotely looks alignment-indicative. And while I realize that there is a lack of scumminess just as much as there is the lack of towniness, in a void, where both are absent, the alignment I'd expect is scum because if they were town I'd expect there to not be the void, I'd expect to have a read one way or another.

So basically, it's an "absence of evidence is evidence itself" sort of scumread.

For the Morning Mage hydra, it's largely similar, with a side of thinking that the Battle Mage from this game might be the same as the Battle Mage from my last game with him--basically, I'm not townreading the slot and I would expect to be townreading the top-poster in the game if they were town. But, this is explicitly not a strong read, because while Battle Mage's opener might've given me minor scumpings, it's not total deja vu, his game here doesn't seem like it's a perfect match to that scumgame, and overall it's not a strong scumread and has a significant chance of being wrong.

Heck, I'd probably call the Morning Mage scumread weaker than the Ban Hydras scumread. It's more or less a scumread for the sake of having a scumread, because in this game I should have five scumreads and right now even including all three, I'd have only three--but really, it's even worse than that; I have only one.

(I have one real scumread and what amounts to two rvs-tier-scumreads, when I need five real scumreads.)

So I've got a while to go yet before I can get so much as an initial solve.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Blossom is Nancy, right?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If you’re then then i’d say your a decent contender for worst town posts with your recent ones Superbowl.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 764, Titus wrote:Superbowl9 would you vote PP?
No because I don't believe I can get him killed today. But I would like him killed today
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 781, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If you’re town then i’d say your a decent contender for worst town posts with your recent ones Superbowl.
Ebwop

- Bunno
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 703, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i feel like the potential benefit from a mastina scumflip today is massively outweighed by the drawbacks of flipping town!mastina, and in any case she seems to be making a concentrated effort to gamesolve, but i'm not sure if that's nai for her. VOTE: plusjoyed their entire push on mastina feels manufactured and and ping me as calling out something for which there is no reason to call out.
Town!mastina will be dead by day 3 or day 4. You should know that. No reason to wagon her. Bad post.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 776, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 764, Titus wrote:Terribly town or terrible scum?
Not sure what this means.
Pickaxe Pete and superbowl called each other terrible.

Was it terrible in skill, meaning bad town or terrible as in alignment meaning scum?

That's why I asked if PP would vote superbowl9 and vice versa.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 782, superbowl9 wrote:
No because I don't believe I can get him killed today. But I would like him killed today
Why not? Why not go for your biggest SR?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 770, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 766, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 671, Almost50 wrote:
In post 435, superbowl9 wrote:Sorry im under contract with mastina and can't provide any explanations until further notice
In post 441, superbowl9 wrote:Actually now that im under contract

VOTE: Nero Cain
How do these two posts for with this one?
In post 432, mastina wrote:Can confirm; I know Nero's scum meta and this isn't it.
Sorry I lied :)
You said you had information to give regarding your "lie".
So what analyzis did you come up with?
Yeah you're town, but then you kinda ruined my momentum by counterwagoning me because you're town :(

Unless you and Nero are buddies in which case I think I'm screwed

Also iirc taylor came out a little sus for voting Nero as well

^^This info is not that significant though
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 726, Nero Cain wrote:Mastina is going to play pretty much the same way regardless of alignment. If we haven't solved by like d5 or w/e then sure lets flip her but paranoid flipping her d1 seems...idk...lame?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 786, Titus wrote:
Didn't say he was my biggest :) and if you think you can just vote your biggest scumread and get them elimmed in a large I've got something to sell you
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 518, Vecna wrote:You really need to stop doing this lol. Everytime a few people will notice you locktown people that havent posted and then I just have to defend you for the rest of the game over that nonsense.
All the better to cement my townread on you, tho. :P

(Not really a joke, actually. When I pull stunts like readslists on players that haven't posted, it genuinely
does
help me get reads on players who know me, by their reactions to it and how they take it.)
In post 522, Vecna wrote:I like the thoughts on superbowl here actually. I think im going to sheep that read
I mean, the wall was meant to be about samantha97. I meant to say, "With the exception of samantha97, the locktown reads are 100% locktown, zero chance of ever being scum, ever. They are locked town because they are just not scum.

This is, admittedly, largely from meta (and thus also why I say 'with the exception of samantha97' above, who I've zero meta of). [...] The samantha97 read comes from more or less a very strong overwhelming feeling of gut-town, basically, in thinking overwhelmingly, "I don't see scum doing this, especially not newbscum". That sort of audacity just radiates town to me. I don't have any familiarity with samantha97, but it's just the sort of thing that feels town. If I were to have a locktown read be wrong, it'd be this one, obviously, but I don't think it is wrong because I think that the call to locktown the slot is justified."

That is what I meant to say.

But not gonna lie.

While not to the
locktown
tier I gave to samantha97.

I legitimately am convincing myself that it
does
apply to superbowl9. That superbowl9 is more or less doing the things I said above, too.
Ban Hydras
Ban Hydras
Goon
Ban Hydras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Ban Hydras »

In post 778, Ban Hydras wrote:
town
post now????

~Buttercup
DOn't make me out both of us as the conspirators to Isis, superbowl

~Buttercup
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 778, Ban Hydras wrote:
town
post now????

~Buttercup
Yes I have a cop inno on him :cop:
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 781, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If you’re town then then i’d say your a decent contender for worst town posts with your recent ones Superbowl.
What's so bad about em? :)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 789, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 786, Titus wrote:
Didn't say he was my biggest :) and if you think you can just vote your biggest scumread and get them elimmed in a large I've got something to sell you
It's how I play, so what are you selling? It makes me suspect anyone who doesn't.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ban Hydras
Ban Hydras
Goon
Ban Hydras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Ban Hydras »

No, but seriously, reassure me that isn't a TMIscumslip. I want you to be in the bloc of friends.

~Buttercup
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Bell »

I can't even be bothered to read their explanation on their scum read on me, because that's how bad their initial vote on me was.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 779, mastina wrote:The powerpuff girl hydra scumread comes mostly from feeling like, if they were town, that I should be townreading them...and yet, having an utter absence of a townread. They are one of the top-two posters in the game, as in, literally only one slot has more posts than them--plenty of content to sift through for getting a townread.

And yet.

I don't have one on them.

Everything they've done is a big ol' fat pile of null. Nothing that even remotely looks alignment-indicative. And while I realize that there is a lack of scumminess just as much as there is the lack of towniness, in a void, where both are absent, the alignment I'd expect is scum because if they were town I'd expect there to not be the void, I'd expect to have a read one way or another.

So basically, it's an "absence of evidence is evidence itself" sort of scumread.
This is just a long way of saying BoP
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 784, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
Town!mastina will be dead by day 3 or day 4. You should know that. No reason to wagon her. Bad post.
Okay so I misread. Take away the last two words. I don't know that plusjoy's push is manufactured, but golden's post is not bad overall.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Bell »

Also, I now have time and I really, really still don't want to read what happened and I feel like a terrible person for that. :cry:

Did anyone ever answer my question about whether the scum team got to choose which town members got powerroles or did they just select which power roles would be in the game?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”