Bad Idea Mafia III: Still Bad, Less Broken [full]

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Bad Idea Mafia III: Still Bad, Less Broken [full]

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:48 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Bad Idea Mafia III

Some History:

Bad idea mafia is a game ran by speedykq in 2005. It set the record for quickest day 1 of all time at 2 minutes. In 2018 I ran the exact same setup as the original speedykq game with no modifications. It broke the record set by the previous iteration with a day 1 elim of less than one minute. Day 2 lasted 8 minutes. It was originally run as an open setup, however it turns out that people in 2018 are way better at breaking mafia setups than the people of 2005, so I have modified the setup and will be running it as a semi-open setup instead. There is no voting mechanic in the game. All deaths that happen in the day are accomplished via day vig.

What's the setup:

12 Day Vig Townies
2 Cop
3 Goon
1 Godfather

In addition to that setup the day vig PM is public information:
You are a daykilling townie. You have the ability to post in the thread kill: player. This will immediately cause the target to die and the day to end. You must wait 24 hours from the start of the day phase for each time you have day killed this game to use this ability. You win when all of the mafia are dead.
Are there any restrictions on who can play this game
No hydras please.
Wisdom of the mod is in effect

What are the rules:

The Basics
  1. Day: 7 days, Night: 2 days
  2. No Voting Mechanics
  3. Eliminations are decided via daykill alone
  4. 24 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement
  5. I have some unusual rules, please pay special attention to rule number 4 as well as rule number 13 in the general rules.
  6. Please pay special attention to game specific rules. Don't get modkilled for dumb reasons.
  7. Respect everyone's basic humanity. Do not be an asshole to people. Don't be a racist or sexist or really any other -ist. Respect other players displayed pronouns.

General Rules
  1. Have fun. This is not an option. Games are only good when players are having fun. If you are not having fun, replace out. There is no shame in this. I have no problem with it. You are not a bad person. Both you and the game will be happier for it.
  2. The mod is always right. Always. Yes, even then. However, if you think there’s some confusion, and it absolutely can’t wait until the end of the game, send me a PM; do not break my game because you died when you didn’t think you should’ve.
  3. Days will continue until one of two things happen: a player is killed or a deadline passes.
  4. Please do not communicate with the mod in thread. Mod communication should not take place in the game thread. If I feel your question has an answer that the rest of the town needs to know about, I will make a game announcement. If you attempt to claim this is due to a question you asked I will count that as quoting mod communication.
  5. Do NOT quote your role PMs, OR any other form of communication from me unless it is something I have already posted on this thread. This is a modkillable offense. Depending on severity of the infraction you might get a warning instead of a modkill. Don't test this. You probably won't. Two warnings is an automatic modkill.
  6. Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread unless your role allows you to, in which case you may only do it during the specified times with the specified players. This is a modkillable offense.
  7. You’re required to post regularly. I prod after 1 day of inactivity and replace after 1 day of no response to the prod. This can be flexible if you PM me in advance.
  8. Once you’re dead, you’re no longer subject to the previous rule. As a matter of fact, once you’re dead, stop posting. I will permit one simple “bah” post and nothing more.
  9. In the event of a modkill, it will end the day.
  10. If a deadline passes without a player receiving a dying the day will end with no kill.
  11. The days in this game will last 7 days.
  12. Nights will last 2 days from me posting the scene and locking the thread. If you don't get your choices in, your default action is NO ACTION.
  13. I will be especially harsh on players who are prod dodging. I will count posts with little or no game contact, or a pattern of posts with little or no game content as a prod dodge and will replace you out of my game. I expect activity and I expect everyone to be playing. See rule 1 about replacing out if you are not having fun or do not have the time to play.

Setup Specific Rules
  1. There is no voting mechanic in this game. Games days instead can only end through a day kill or a deadline.
  2. You can vote or FOS if you'd like, but I will not be counting them, and they serve no in game mechanics use.
  3. Do not fake day kills. I will modkill for faked day kills. This also includes making a day kill when you are currently on a cool down.
  4. You are considered dead as soon as a player day kills you in thread, even if I haven't yet locked the thread. No game content after that point. Don't claim your cop targets. Just don't do it.
[/list]

Who is playing?

1. Untrod Tripod (pre-in)
2. Murdercat
3. Esuriospiritus
4. D3f3nd3r
5. EchoVision
6. Toogeloo
7. the worst
8. PenguinPower
9. shellyc
10. DiamondSentinel
11. T-Bone
12. brassherald
13. Micc
14. PrivateI
15. Zoraster
16. petapan
17. -hugs-
18. PokerFace
Last edited by Thestatusquo on Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:42 am, edited 18 times in total.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I use the term elimination to be synonymous with the no longer used L word.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Apparently this is just the listmod game.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Hopefully this setup is a little bit more balanced than either of them are. Original setup seemed to basically hinge on when the GF died.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Well given that equinox is the backup mod I suspect that's for the best.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'll defer to UT on this one. That way he can be the fun police.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Well Reck reviewed the setup and xof politely said she hates me in discord.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I pulled what few strings I have.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #62 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 49, PokerFace wrote:Also can the godfather day kill? I seem to remember they could when this or something similar was run once
There is no public information about the godfathers role in this setup.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 48, PokerFace wrote:Can I get a rule clarification
Do not fake day kills. I will modkill for faked day kills. This also includes making a day kill when you are currently on a cool down.
If you mean to kill and can kill at that time but spell check changes what you type so that its a real word and not the scumers actual name yet its still obvious who your target is, will the kill go through?
If you mean to kill and can kill at that time but you spell your targets name wrong yet its still obvious who your target is, will the kill go through?

please say yes to both of these
If I can determine that a kill is intended and determine without a doubt who is meant to be killed I will count it. If there is some doubt on either of these points I will not.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #64 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ok everyone, we are full. I will get the PMs out and the thread up in the next few hours.
:)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #65 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

A previous post in this thread mentioned a specific time for the thread to be open. That didn't account for player confirms and other pregame stuff. Obviously I'm a dingus.

I will give everyone 2 hours notice before the thread opens though.

Return to “Completed Signups”