Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

whats your role name in the pm?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

its a good thing we didn't listen to
In post 1403, Menalque wrote:No, no, that’s exactly what we should be doing actually
^that guy and rush the s1 lynch
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:32 am

Post by samantha97 »

In post 1495, Titus wrote: The odds of that happenening are 1 in / 23 -2 (outed "3p masons") -1 (cop won't check themselves).
it's less than that because of the lynch too, and cops wouldn't operate in a vacuum where each person has an equal chance of being investigated

it also leaves room for an errant vigilante if there is one of those as well
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1492, NorwegianboyEE wrote:A50 i wanna give you a light playful tap on the head right now.
Social distancing! :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:33 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1500, Nero Cain wrote:whats your role name in the pm?
GOLIATH GOUTHWITS HEALTH INTERNS
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:34 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

I believe those claims at surface level (I don't know how strongly I feel about the town-alignment, but hey, we can deal with that later).

A50's play comes off as awkward, but believable. I'm still not confident in SuperBowl (thus why I am sceptical of their alignment), but I can at least see that avenue from their posting.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

tell me about your product and or services?

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:35 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1505, DiamondSentinel wrote:I'm still not confident in SuperBowl (thus why I am sceptical of their alignment),
Another hater silenced :lol:
Ban Hydras
Ban Hydras
Goon
Ban Hydras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:35 am

Post by Ban Hydras »

In post 1243, TheGoldenParadox wrote:VOTE: ban hydras

this slot is making it difficult to play and it feels like they're doing this deliberately. can you block one player's posts and read the thread? kinda like an opposite iso?
Skimming over our posts would work, but I'd like to hear what about us is making it difficult to play? There's plenty of single account players who'd have more posts than us by this point, and only about 1/3 of what I'm posting is outright jokes. Even if you just skimmed our posts then let your other townreads read us then you'd have a fairly easy solution.

Also, the passive agreesive garbage here doesn't help. If you aren't specific about what you don't like then it's literally just you complaining and doesn't help anyone or change anything. If you have a problem then hey, tell us what the actual problem you have with us is and be specific.
In post 1264, samantha97 wrote:
In post 1260, DrDolittle wrote:ok i got through page 10 but I don't want to read anymore
people posting updates on what page(s) they have read is the most suspicious thing to me

it clogs threads with incomplete/useless information and creates an illusion of productivity
See now this is the kind of think you could meta someone for if you want to know whether or not it's scum or town indicative for the player. Like, you can get objective evidence either way of this so why not give it a go?
In post 1299, Nero Cain wrote:ban hydra could be scum that is bloating up the thread (I agree with GP and feel better about them now)
Can you define the bloat part- is this something different to half of our stuff being jokes? We have more serious content than most people in this thread and you clearly know Hectic is going to meme post as either alignment so I don't get how you reach the conclusion of 'lots of posts > scum' here. I don't scumread you for it, I want to understand it because your approach doesn't feel like it's leading to good reads for you.
In post 1321, Christøpher wrote:
In post 1320, Bell wrote:
In post 1317, Christøpher wrote:
In post 1315, Bell wrote:The mod allowed the hydras if you didn’t want to play with them. Why did you join?
cause I can
Are u just fake crapping on the hydra because it gives scum you something to do
I'm real crapping on them for spamming 50 pages
I honestly can't understand how
you
think you have the positiion to criticise anyone's playstyle. I'll try and write a long piece later, if i have time, about why Christopher is a hypocrite/not a good person to play with.

-Blossom
It takes a lot more than a couple of cheap shots to make us cry.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1493, Ban Hydras wrote:Menalaque should know their take is terrible.
err, why?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:37 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1498, samantha97 wrote:the question was:
wouldn't the third mason not claiming add risk of a cop (if one exists) wasting their ability?
do you agree/disagree? obviously because I think that it would risk wasting a night of a cop ability I do think they should claim though, yes
As Titus explained that's a minor thing with less than a 5% probability, so I'm not worried about it. Still, if they want to out I won't stop them.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:37 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1497, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1488, Menalque wrote:what it is is a Spicy development
Yeah sorry your omgus was wrong buddy :)
I think, technically, you were the one OMGUSing me ;)
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:38 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1506, Nero Cain wrote:tell me about your product and or services?
Sure! We offer some of the highest quality false result packages on the east coast. Since we're still interns, I can only tell you so much about our supply chain, but we've advertised at high-quality events such as the superbowl between the vikings and the steelers and we have as many as 50 monkeys advertising our product line!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1508, Ban Hydras wrote:I want to understand it because your approach doesn't feel like it's leading to good reads for you.
well, I've already had 2 correct scum reads so...

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1501, Nero Cain wrote:its a good thing we didn't listen to
In post 1403, Menalque wrote:No, no, that’s exactly what we should be doing actually
eh I still would be fine with powermurdering gamma tbh
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1513, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1508, Ban Hydras wrote:I want to understand it because your approach doesn't feel like it's leading to good reads for you.
uh

what
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:38 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1511, Menalque wrote:
In post 1497, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1488, Menalque wrote:what it is is a Spicy development
Yeah sorry your omgus was wrong buddy :)
I think, technically, you were the one OMGUSing me ;)
Nope sorry pal I've been scumreading you before you were even in the queue :cool:
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:40 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1508, Ban Hydras wrote:I'll try and write a long piece later, if i have time, about why Christopher is a hypocrite/not a good person to play with.
You don't need to most of us love you <3
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

Is that for me?? Nod told me I was a GOLIATH [something, something, something] and I said I won't be outing the rest of it for <reasons>. Role description though was in the mod's opening post inside the PT. In other words, I wasn't told my alignment or my abilities in my role PM. Just the name and a link to the PT.

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:41 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1514, Menalque wrote:
In post 1501, Nero Cain wrote:its a good thing we didn't listen to
eh I still would be fine with powermurdering gamma tbh
Yeah this is a take I agree on
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1504, superbowl9 wrote:
GOLIATH GOUTHWITS HEALTH INTERNS
GDI! We are TOTALLY unorganized, aren't we?? :lol:

Moving on.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1515, Menalque wrote:
uh

what
im counting a50 and SB. Even if they do win with the town I feel like anything that's not TOWN is scum. There are those that say that a 3p that can win with town aren't scum but I don't really buy into that philosophy.

Ban Hydras
Ban Hydras
Goon
Ban Hydras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:44 am

Post by Ban Hydras »

In post 1325, superbowl9 wrote:^You could argue this is scummy
I think it's townie. Nero was the first to start complaining and 'I don't like it when people post jokes and I'm going to rail on this forever' is a hill I don't think scum picks to die on.
In post 1367, mastina wrote:
In post 1232, PlusJOYED wrote:im null on norwee atm. My attention has been kinda focused elsewhere; I'm not even gonna try to pay attention to every single slot. that's the problem with a huge plist.
I prefer a power puff elim over battle mage elim. I actually want a hydra elim today though.
(This does add fuel to my fire in thinking that Plus-Gamma-Bell-Norwegian-MorningMage has a reasonably high chance of containing at least 3, probably at least four, scum. Maybe not all five are scum, heck maybe two are town, but I do think that those five names contain a minimum of 3 scum, probably more, right now.)
This is a very good POE.

I didn't want to have to do this, but Nero didn't leave me much choice tbh. Here's the game where NERO made over
posts. Honestly complaining about other people posting a lot after that is just embarrassing, I feel kind of sorry for your absolute lack of self awareness. : viewtopic.php?f=56&t=70415&user_select[]=12589

-Blossom
It takes a lot more than a couple of cheap shots to make us cry.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1508, Ban Hydras wrote:Can you define the bloat part- is this something different to half of our stuff being jokes?
but yeah, no different. Being fluff always has and always will be seen as scummy. I'm far from the only one on this site that's going to find fluffiness scummy. Its kinda silly and fake sounding that someone would think your slot is scummy.

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:47 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1521, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1515, Menalque wrote:
uh

what
im counting a50 and SB. Even if they do win with the town I feel like anything that's not TOWN is scum. There are those that say that a 3p that can win with town aren't scum but I don't really buy into that philosophy.
The only way we can win is when town's wincon is satisfied. Idk if you can create a third party that is more towny

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”