Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 1986, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 1973, April Ludgate wrote:Cuz if it only happened once, just move on from it, it’s been spoken about publicly here, don’t use the L word.

It’s been so engrained into the site, that I understand why someone could say it by accident, and we just need to move past it rather than continue bringing it up.

I’ve been not using it in the games I mod for like 4-5 years now, talking about it just continues to keep it at the forefront. It’s been discussed. If they do it again, yes, do something about it, but I think we should move on with the game.

I’ll make the warning. Idgaf.

Nobody say the L-word. It was here for a while, if you played Mafia for years, it might even be engrained. I understand that. The word has needed to be changed for a while anyways, and while I don’t necessarily believe this site used in a negative way, I do fully support not using the word based on the overall connotations of it, and the current issues going on.

No more L-word.

K, let’s play some Mafia now.
I don't know why you brought this up again? Trying to buy that 100% conftowncred? Also, it's clear from your join date you haven't been modding games for 4-5 years. :facepalm:
p sure it's an alt
but yeah i agree with the bringing it up again
can it just be over
can we just play mafia the way we play and talk about this shit post game
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1726, Menalque wrote:
In post 1724, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Is this Gamma being Gamma?
no it's gamma being scum
It's posts like this, by the way, where Menalque says what I was thinking before I said them, that reaffirm my confidence that Mena is town, by the way. :P
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh noes I hit the D key indtead of the F key, now my post looks dumb :/
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 2172, Nero Cain wrote:a50 and sb are not miller masons. They DUNCTION as miller masons if you believe thier claim that they can only win with town and share its wincon but they are still its own seperate faction. I can't believe ppl are struggling with this.
You are the only one struggling with this pretty sure. Everyone understands that but doesn't want to say "3p aligned functionally miller masons" to describe us, the only reason u really care is because you scumread all third parties for some strange reason :lol:
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 2006, Menalque wrote:Can we flip this instead

VOTE: april

Choo choo?
yeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
FOR FUCKS SAKE SOMEONE LISTEN TO MENA SINCE YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN TO ME
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 2174, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2157, superbowl9 wrote:Agreed, but I'm sure you can understand why someone would want to rep out as town in that situation
Nope, and I haven't seen it done by town before. I
have
though seen it done by scum in different ways, and they would also claim they would do it as either alignment (but -again- I've never seen TOWN replacing out over someone being confirmed by mistake, or over someone using a trust tell, or anything if the sort)
You are REALLY tempting me here :D
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1737, TheGoldenParadox wrote:norwee is out here waving a massive neon sign yelling "hi, i'm norwee, and i rolled scum!" this is the most ballsy opportunistic wagon hopping i've seen in a while.
And here is the Golden Paradox that I was townreading so hard that I considered locktowning him. <3

He's dead on the money about NorwegianboyEE's opportunism. It applies to Ban Hydras for sure, and regardless of Gamma's alignment is applicable to Gamma as well. (Gamma as scum? Norwegian's hop-on was an absolute bus. Gamma as town? Norwegian is literally one of the only scum on the wagon, with it being opportunistically hopping on a free mislynch.)
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

I
suspect
that it is a way to make scum endgame sooner. If they are being truthful about their wincon. But even that's a stretch.

Regardless, mulling over their mechanics are useless.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 2181, mastina wrote:
In post 1737, TheGoldenParadox wrote:norwee is out here waving a massive neon sign yelling "hi, i'm norwee, and i rolled scum!" this is the most ballsy opportunistic wagon hopping i've seen in a while.
And here is the Golden Paradox that I was townreading so hard that I considered locktowning him. <3

He's dead on the money about NorwegianboyEE's opportunism. It applies to Ban Hydras for sure, and regardless of Gamma's alignment is applicable to Gamma as well. (Gamma as scum? Norwegian's hop-on was an absolute bus. Gamma as town? Norwegian is literally one of the only scum on the wagon, with it being opportunistically hopping on a free mislynch.)
Mastina I like you but this is not it
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by EchoVision »

Spoiler:
In post 2035, mastina wrote:
In post 1496, Titus wrote:At least this gets us closer to lynching Taylor.
This I can get behind tho. :P

I already had superbowl9 as locktown, this cements that and adds Almost50 who was a strong townread to the locktown.

I legit feel that gives us the POE to win the game on D1. Knowing the third would help depending on who the third is, but:
Titus
Nero Cain
Almost50
superbowl9
Vecna
Menalque
jjh927
samantha97

TheGoldenParadox

Pickaxe Pete

Ban Hydras

DiamondSentinel
April Ludgate

Bell
Christøpher

EchoVision
DrDolittle
(Morning Mage, NorwegianboyEE*, Tayl0r Swift*)

PlusJOYED

Gamma Emerald

Look at how many locktown we have here even without knowing the third in Almost50's faction.

With a locktown candidate in TheGoldenParadox.
And a strong town read on Pickaxe Pete.
And a townread on Ban Hydras.

With tentative townreads on DiamondSentinel and April Ludgate (possibly Bell?).

If the third member of Almost50's faction is not in the remainder, that's 8 names for five scum--literally a 5/8 chance of hitting scum.
If the third member of Almost50's faction is in the remainder, that's 7 names for five scum--a 5/7 chance of hitting scum.

I legit think the game is solved with a little bit of faith that Almost50/superbowl9 are legit, which I have good reason to believe they are.

where are you getting the idea of 5 scum?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Has my life really come to outposting two hydrae
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1747, superbowl9 wrote:Also if gamma actually flips red yall are gonna have a lotttttttt of explaining to do
^This, for any Gamma/Norwegian/Talor Swift/Christopher/DDL/Morning Mage/EchoVision/Plus defenders, really. :P

Any of them flipping scum, you defenders got some 'splainin' to do, especially if you pushed for the mislynch of a flipped town player instead of the scum. (Looking at you, people pushing for the lynches of players like Ban Hydras.)
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 2052, Menalque wrote:VOTE: gamma
NO MENA COME BACK
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

@echo we've been over that like 5 times I'll quote it for you
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 2069, mastina wrote:
In post 1593, Gamma Emerald wrote:From personal experience 4 scum is possible, but it needs to be HEAVILY vanilla
We've had three basically-masons claimed with extra power roles beyond that either claimed or hinted at.

This aint a heavily-vanilla game. :P

Thus, five scum.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 2066, mastina wrote:
In post 1565, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1291, Tayl0r Swift wrote:tend to scumread me early on because of my weak early game
So I think a lot of players they think they are some kind of "end game" player or...like I always see players say they are trash early game and shine like a star near endgame. So this game off genuine to me and generally genuineness is towny.
Am I like on to something here or is this just stupid and I should ignore my faulty gut?
Nero that literally sounds like a generic sentence that someone as any alignment will say about their play as an alignment.

People don't townread me for saying, "I tend to do this thing", or "I don't do this thing"--Taylor's statement was literally along those lines.
SO THEN WHY ARE WE TOWN READING APRIL FOR SAYING "I TEND TO DO THIS THING" OR "I DON'T DO THIS THING" FDSASHFUODPSHCXZOJXZCJCXIZOPIJQWJDNKDSNLVJKCMX
YALL ARE GONNA MAKE ME FUCKIN SEIZE
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 2083, Menalque wrote:
In post 2080, Morning Mage wrote:if samantha flips town, im down with gamma tomorrow - deal?
Eh, okay

VOTE: samantha
mena
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2146, mastina wrote:Nero and Vecna will both protest to this comparison
no I won't b/c I actully made this same comparison the other game.

my issue with Vecna is two fold. is game advancing content. I could easily see a scum Vecna pooh-poohing my pooh-poohing of potential DS and BM wagons. Also its like, he's saying "page 2 is too early for content, lets stay in RVS!" and I think thats a scummy take.

he's lurking.

Also in our last game together I got onto him for town reading me b/c I have felt like he always scumread me. Is it really outside the realm of possibility that a scum him goes "Nero expects me to scum read him so let me do just that to fool him."

I'm...I know my track record against Vecna is poor but I don't think "nero and vecna will get into it so they are both town!" is a great take.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 2094, Morning Mage wrote:echo, just vote sam with us
no
i don't want to vote sam
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 2098, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 2094, Morning Mage wrote:echo, just vote sam with us
What has samantha done that's scummy
said the word "lynch" and "requested" a replace out because the mod made a wacky decision
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 2101, DiamondSentinel wrote:speed-eliming someone because they're replacing out is an
awful
strategy unless it's clearly a scum aligned ragequit because they're getting pressured. I really don't think that anyone can genuinely say that sam's "replacement" smells of that.
+ fucking 1
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 2126, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, I guess I could buy into a scum Sam gets ticked off that she felt like the mod was influincing the game.
if it is scum sam then i def agree with her sentiment that mod conf town-ed someone
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 2195, EchoVision wrote:
In post 2101, DiamondSentinel wrote:speed-eliming someone because they're replacing out is an
awful
strategy unless it's clearly a scum aligned ragequit because they're getting pressured. I really don't think that anyone can genuinely say that sam's "replacement" smells of that.
+ fucking 1
So 2194 was /s? I genuinely do not know anymore because of this thread
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 2131, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 2125, April Ludgate wrote:You can ask Almost50 what happens when I’m more trolly early game then come out late game.
Do you do anything besides self meta?
lynch
this
with
me
pls
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1749, Ban Hydras wrote:
In post 1746, superbowl9 wrote:If one more person says DAE GAMMA TOO EZ??? MAYB TOWN??? Im gonna blow a gasket
+++++++++++++++++++
Sometimes the quickly growing wagon is just scum because they're acting scummy.
^
In post 1757, NorwegianboyEE wrote:But clearly A50 and Superbowl don't really agree with each other in the slightest.
It's actually making me townread them, if they were scum would they really put in this much theater?
I very strongly empathize with this and echo the sentiment, that disagreeing this strongly with each other and having that level of dissonance does more or less prove that yes they are legit. (It's a feeling I know all too well.)
In post 1759, schadd_ wrote:
Gamma Emerald
(8):
Ban Hydras
Pickaxe Pete
Menalque, Titus, superbowl9
NorwegianboyEE
mastina
Morning Mage

Ban Hydras
(6):
PlusJOYED
DiamondSentinel
Christøpher
Nero Cain, samantha97
Gamma Emerald

NorwegianboyEE
(3):
Almost50
DrDolittle
TheGoldenParadox
"There's no Gamma counterwagon", they said.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”