Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:23 am

Post by mastina »

Hello, and welcome to the title thread. I'm mastina and I will be your Title Fairy this evening.

What is this thread for?

This thread is for titles, of course! Titles are those bits of text or occasionally tiny images that go below usernames. Most users have default titles that are based solely on their post count, but users can also be given special custom titles. This thread is for those special custom titles.

How do people get these titles?

Overall, it's quite simple:
  • Someone nominates a user for a title
  • A bunch of users agree that it's a good title, usually by posting
    2nd
    or
    3rd
    or
    8999th
    or
    nth

• I agree that it's a good title
  • The user says that they want the title
  • The user gets the title
In practice, it can be a tiny bit more complicated and not everyone will agree on whether or not any particular title should be given out. For a good title nomination that receives negligible resistance, 5 users agreeing with the nomination should usually be enough, but other factors may be taken into consideration. For more controversial titles, support from additional users and a decent explanation or two will go a long way. "Anti-noms," while not official, will be taken into consideration if they come with decent reasons or if there are simply a large number of them. I will be more likely to approve titles that receive greater support, but support alone does not guarantee anything. If I reject a title nomination, I will do my best to be clear about why.

Which titles should I nominate?

Custom titles on Mafiascum are generally considered to be gifts from the MS community. You should nominate people for titles that you think they would be happy to receive as gifts. A title should reference something special about who the user is or something they've done on site and it should do so in a clever or interesting or fun way. Wordplay is a common tool for making this happen, but there's no one set model of what a good title must be. For examples of titles that have been approved in the past, I would recommend checking out some of the recent Title Fairy threads, linked at the bottom of this post. I will also note that, while titles based off of MS-related incidents that occur off of the site may be accepted, they will be held to a higher standard.

Which titles should I not nominate?

You probably weren't asking this and most of this section should be common sense, but it seems important anyway. You should not nominate:
  • a title for yourself. You will not receive the title and other users may find it annoying that you tried this. If there are title nominations for you in consideration in the thread, be careful about giving too much feedback or input - while declining a specific title or set of titles that's currently in discussion for you is perfectly fine, going too far beyond that may cause users to become uncomfortable with the current proceedings.
  • a title based on an ongoing mafia game. No matter how great the title is, it can (and will) wait until the game finishes.
  • a mean-spirited title. Mean-spirited titles will not be given out.
  • titles based solely on usernames.
  • titles that could equally well apply to a large number of people. Titles are meant to be special and unique.
  • titles for users who are very new. While there's no set rule for how long a user has to have been on site in order to receive a custom title, someone who's just finished their first newbie game and posted nowhere else on site probably shouldn't be getting title nominations.
  • a title based on something that is clearly bad. No titles will be given for self-hammering as town or eating babies.
  • a title that you expect to lose relevance very quickly. An inside joke that will be funny for 2 weeks and then never heard again does not make for a good title. I do, however, want to emphasize that titles don't need to last forever. People can and do ask for their titles to be removed and people who already have titles can be nominated for new ones with or without first requesting to have their old titles removed. Just try to be reasonable.
What are the rules here?

The title thread is supposed to be a fun and light-hearted thread. Occasional joke nominations and small amounts of off-topic posting that come about naturally are perfectly fine and often enjoyable, but if it gets out of hand, I will start deleting posts and if I get the sense that you're using this thread as your own personal off-toipc shitposting thread, you very well may be warned or temporarily banned from the title forum. Aside from that, don't be a dick and follow site rules and we'll all get along just fine.

What is different to my reign?

We'll be having Title Events once every three months!
What are Title Events?
Title Events are events where the rules for handing out titles are in some way modified. During these times, normal nominations may still be made using the usual rules, but in a special event title thread, there will be titles handed out by a modified metric.

The events are as follows:
December/January 1st - January 31st:
Abuse of Power
Secret Santa

April 1st - May 1st: Entitlement

July 1st - July 31st: Title Troll

October 1st - October 31st: Title Council - 2019 (failed)

Fairy Feedback:

This thread is specifically for nominating, discussing, workshopping titles, etc. If you instead have or want to discuss ideas, comments or suggestions about the titling process in general, head here, for how the process could be changed, feedback on events, etc.

Titles Awarded

CaptainMeme
- Banana Split
implosion
- Polymath
Cerberus v666
- Let's Be Reasonable
MathBlade
- Technical Support
Enter
- for the homies
Dr Worm
- NOT A REAL DOCTOR
GuyInFreezer
- Magical Girl
BulletNLynchproof
- Micro Madness
Aristophanes
- Paid the rent
Annadog40
- Waiting in the Sky
Elsa Jay
- Chaos and Confusion
Boonskiies
- That's Not All, Folks!
wgeurts
- Pokédex
callforjudgement
- Microprocessor
Creature
- Of Habit
Korina
- Recruiter
- Numbers
Ircher
- What A Grand Idea
Jingle
- Ring a Bell?
Aronis
- Just here for the Pagetop!
RadiantCowbells
- People Tried
Something_Smart
- Somewhat_Balanced
Elbirn
- Content Aficionado
FormerFish
- Busboy Revolutionary
Skygazer
- For My Next Guest
Pink Ball
- The Power of Love
PenguinPower
- .peng
Dannflor
- Schrödinger's Deepwolf
Plotinus
- Kitten Caboodle
T-Bone
- A Cut Above
mastina
- False Prophet
zoraster
- Disorganized Crime
PrivateI
- Monty

Klick
- Flash Forward
Isis
- Best in Class
MariaR
- Alternatively,
Ariel
- edited 449 times in total
Zaphkael
- Little Did They Know
schadd_
- pandora's pukebox
skitter30
- Last Laugh
panthaleon
- Carpe Denim
Hectic
- Mad Hatter
tris
- Splatoon Tetris
PrivateI
- The Real Friend

Prism
- Dispersion of Insight

Titles Pending User Approval

Katyusha
- creative commons

Previous title threads can be found here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:36 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1, Irrelephant11 wrote:Nom CaptainMeme for
Banana Split
Approved--title fits all the criteria I'd look for. Unique to the individual, memorable, and fairly clever. It's something applying to just CaptainMeme, and it feels like an event which won't lose relevance.

Contacting CaptainMeme now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:45 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3, Errantparabola wrote:Nominate implosion for
Polymath

1. Notably, he was the arguable MVP in the recent Clash of the Mash and a key component in Red's win (likely every CoTM participant will agree with me to some extent). He got to showcase his outstanding puzzle solving, deduction, strategy, and trivia competency and performed highly in almost every cerebral challenge.

2. The last part of the title plays into his field of study (mathematics) which he has integrated into his site persona. This is by way of making and participating in the second Math and Logic Mishmash thread, discussing math with other sitechatters of present and past (Who and Ellibereth come most immediately to mind) and in numerous very well received MD contributions involving EV calculations or theory.

3. implosion is going back to grad school to once again study math and made the grad school discussion thread in SE. The word polymath evokes an image of someone with a vested interest in academic learning and with knowledge of a wide range of intellectual pursuits and is a good-looking and elegant title.
pol·y·math
/ˈpälēˌmaTH/
noun
a person of wide-ranging knowledge or learning.

I like it. Gonna immediately give this one a
48 hours
before approval: (expired on 2019-04-03 18:45:53).
Raise a valid objection in that time or forever hold your peace.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:47 am

Post by mastina »

CaptainMeme has approved;
Banana Split
is now implemented!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by mastina »

It occurs to me I maaaaaay need help with the technical aspect of a title plus banner; I don't want to fuck that up. (I think I have an IDEA of how to do it, but I'm not SURE.)

(I'm learning the ropes, so some things might not come as smoothly as they should.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #16 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 15, Kublai Khan wrote:In fact, if his focus is specifically only in mathematics, then he's specifically not a polymath.
Would you say that implosion's a man who qualifies as "a person of wide-ranging knowledge or learning"? In my experience with implosion, he fits that descriptor,
while also
having the focus on math. Polymath has a set definition which he fits, but the wordplay's there off of a mathematics specialty as well, which is why I like it.

When most people read "polymath", they're not going to think 'a person of wide-ranging knowledge/learning' even though that's the word's definition; they're going to think more along the lines of 'really good at math'. And implosion fits
both
connotations (both the dictionary definition and the perceived meaning), rather than just one.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #25 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:19 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 24, Alisae wrote:
In post 22, vonflare wrote:nom elbrin for meme police
can this just fucking happen already?
I can't force a user to have a title they don't want.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:07 am

Post by mastina »

In post 42, Psyche wrote:
In post 13, mastina wrote:It occurs to me I maaaaaay need help with the technical aspect of a title plus banner; I don't want to fuck that up. (I think I have an IDEA of how to do it, but I'm not SURE.)

(I'm learning the ropes, so some things might not come as smoothly as they should.)
i made a video
did zoraster send you the video???
tell me he didn't ill be so mad if he didn't
zoraster wrote:
nice!
that patronizing shit
In fact, he did not!
I figured that there was a crash course on How to Title Fairy, but I had no link to it.
It's one of the two or three things that I asked zor about and was waiting on him to give me. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #59 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 53, Alisae wrote:let's not nominate people who only recently got titles (aka during DRK's reign) for new ones
the titles she did give are still VERY relevant today, and I don't get why people are trying to 1-up someone who was trying to encourage coming up with perfect titles for individuals.
All of those titles fit the people given to them extremely well and I honestly don't think they can be 1-up'd at this time.
Well-said.

I don't see this line of discussion producing any titles better than the ones already given.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #60 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 10, mastina wrote:
In post 3, Errantparabola wrote:Nominate implosion for
Polymath

1. Notably, he was the arguable MVP in the recent Clash of the Mash and a key component in Red's win (likely every CoTM participant will agree with me to some extent). He got to showcase his outstanding puzzle solving, deduction, strategy, and trivia competency and performed highly in almost every cerebral challenge.

2. The last part of the title plays into his field of study (mathematics) which he has integrated into his site persona. This is by way of making and participating in the second Math and Logic Mishmash thread, discussing math with other sitechatters of present and past (Who and Ellibereth come most immediately to mind) and in numerous very well received MD contributions involving EV calculations or theory.

3. implosion is going back to grad school to once again study math and made the grad school discussion thread in SE. The word polymath evokes an image of someone with a vested interest in academic learning and with knowledge of a wide range of intellectual pursuits and is a good-looking and elegant title.
pol·y·math
/ˈpälēˌmaTH/
noun
a person of wide-ranging knowledge or learning.

I like it. Gonna immediately give this one a
48 hours
before approval: (expired on 2019-04-03 18:45:53).
Raise a valid objection in that time or forever hold your peace.
I'm
approving
this.
The only question would be upper or lowercase m. While I personally favor lowercase, in this case I'm going to defer judgement to the person who'd hold the title; am contacting implosion now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #62 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 61, Alisae wrote:mastina how many noms until you accept soap box
A user should not be involved in the discussion of their own title, the title fairy being no exception.

However, with the number of nths given, I feel it
is
appropriate to weigh in on the subject:
I have absolute apathy towards the title; I feel
nothing
about it at all. There's a total indifference about it. I don't love it, I don't hate it, I don't like it, I don't dislike it, I just am utterly blank about it. It doesn't resonate with me, but it also doesn't have dissonance with me.

I wanted to actually do some research on the title; I found the original area for the nomination and read it up to the point where people went off on a tangent for some other title (there actually isn't that much on the subject then), but I believe it was revisited at later times, and those're times I can't instantly locate. I'm specifically looking for the strongest supporters of it and their reasons why, and also the strongest opponents of it and their reasons why.

The strongest reason I have available is Aristophanes's writeup, but I want to hear more feedback from others before I approve it as a title.

The main question I'm looking to get answered is, "If someone else were the title fairy, would that title fairy approve this title using the metrics I am using?", and I'm not sure the answer is yes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #67 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:53 am

Post by mastina »

And it is done!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #81 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 80, Alisae wrote:I’m not sure let’s be reasonable fits cerb as a person as well here, but certainly captures the hydra aspect that the trait being titled.
Oh it absolutely does; there's not a single player on site I associate with reason more than I do Cerb. I can't speak for how well it applies to him outside of mafia, but his mafia persona is the definition of reasonable.

It's not just a gimmicky hydra title theme. (That said, there's precedence for a title based off of a hydra gimmick theme, so I'm not opposed to titling off of one!)

Even just on his main, he is someone who is insanely reasonable--diplomatic, reserved, logical, methodical. I call him a Co-King of mechanics, a title I bestowed to him off of his immense skill at making mechanical solves for games, a process which he can reason through like no other.

It is absolutely title-worthy; the only question would be what iteration of the title theme is best.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #86 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 83, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 74, northsidegal wrote:Let's be Reasonable
this is by far the best iteration
it's a common phrase that fits well with his play + also "being reasonable" can also mean "being in a hydra named reasonable"
also as people mentioned, "lets" potentially implying cerb working and talking with someone else a la hydra
I'm gonna go ahead and give this the
48 hours
treatment:
(expired on 2019-04-11 19:13:35)
Speak now or forever hold your peace.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #95 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:38 am

Post by mastina »

In post 86, mastina wrote:
In post 83, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 74, northsidegal wrote:Let's be Reasonable
this is by far the best iteration
it's a common phrase that fits well with his play + also "being reasonable" can also mean "being in a hydra named reasonable"
also as people mentioned, "lets" potentially implying cerb working and talking with someone else a la hydra
I'm gonna go ahead and give this the
48 hours
treatment:
(expired on 2019-04-11 19:13:35)
And I'm
approving
it! Contacting Cerb now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #97 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:00 am

Post by mastina »

And Cerb has accepted, preferring the spelling
Let's Be Reasonable
!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #100 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:08 am

Post by mastina »

In post 98, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 96, Cerberus v666 wrote:<3 all of you! Thanks! Well chosen.
AND YOU HAVE AN AVI OMG!!!!
It is a Reasonably good one, too, on merits of being cute.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #158 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 125, Invisibility wrote:ANTI NOM ALL INFERNO TITLES UNTIL THE REST OF TIME
While I will indeed not be accepting any Inferno titles for quite a while because he asked for one,
In post 134, animorpherv1 wrote:Also this post is actively terrible.
This is quite correct. Don't make posts like this.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #159 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by mastina »

Also, general reminder:
In post 0, mastina wrote:

You should not nominate:
  • a title for yourself. You will not receive the title and other users may find it annoying that you tried this. If there are title nominations for you in consideration in the thread, be careful about giving too much feedback or input - while declining a specific title or set of titles that's currently in discussion for you is perfectly fine, going too far beyond that may cause users to become uncomfortable with the current proceedings.
  • titles based solely on usernames.
  • titles that could equally well apply to a large number of people. Titles are meant to be special and unique.
  • a title that you expect to lose relevance very quickly. An inside joke that will be funny for 2 weeks and then never heard again does not make for a good title. I do, however, want to emphasize that titles don't need to last forever. People can and do ask for their titles to be removed and people who already have titles can be nominated for new ones with or without first requesting to have their old titles removed. Just try to be reasonable.
These standards still apply; avatars are included in "lose relevance very quickly".

I'd like to have some more discussion on
Technical Support
for
MathBlade
--specifically, is he someone who when you think of technical support on mafiascum you uniquely think of him? I'm honestly not sure and I want more details there.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #162 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 161, implosion wrote:I think it works. It works on the level of technical (since afaik mathblade is somewhat of a math nerd though i do not know the degree thereof), technical support (vote counter, i believe he's made some other technical contributions to the site as well and is in the coding group), and support (a very marked aspect of his site personality is being supportive of people, e.g. his iso in the trans thread). The latter is important; if he were just doing tech support stuff it'd be a pretty lackluster title, but it also encompasses a big part of his site presence.

In that sense there's theoretically possibly a better iteration of the title, but technical support is pithy enough.
That's exactly what I needed to push it to this:

48 hours
, so if you have objections, speak now or forever hold your peace.
(expired on 2019-04-17 02:17:56)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #163 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 162, mastina wrote:
In post 161, implosion wrote:I think it works. It works on the level of technical (since afaik mathblade is somewhat of a math nerd though i do not know the degree thereof), technical support (vote counter, i believe he's made some other technical contributions to the site as well and is in the coding group), and support (a very marked aspect of his site personality is being supportive of people, e.g. his iso in the trans thread). The latter is important; if he were just doing tech support stuff it'd be a pretty lackluster title, but it also encompasses a big part of his site presence.

In that sense there's theoretically possibly a better iteration of the title, but technical support is pithy enough.
That's exactly what I needed to push it to this:

48 hours
, so if you have objections, speak now or forever hold your peace.
(expired on 2019-04-17 02:17:56)
And the time's elapsed, so contacting MathBlade now!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #191 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 174, animorpherv1 wrote:OK seriously he doesn't want it, can we start banning these people?
Consider this an official warning on the subject:
Yes, I can and will.

He doesn't want it.
So.
Just drop it.

Variant titles are fine; he himself said he might accept it.
But you KNOW he won't accept Meme Police, so stop suggesting/backing it for Elbirn. I consider it to be nothing but spam.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #211 (isolation #22) » Thu May 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 194, Alisae wrote:
In post 193, Jingle wrote:1. She's a strong town player who is incredibly good at towntelling and hard to mislynch.
So is literally any town player who is actually good at the game in the history of ever
Hey Ali, while I agree with your points that the title nominated for Nancy isn't great, taking this tone?

...Not the way to go about expressing that viewpoint.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #213 (isolation #23) » Fri May 10, 2019 9:33 am

Post by mastina »

Due to certain technical difficulties, may not be able to remove
all
event titles that need removing, e.g. brassherald's. But, most should be removed now.

If you had something special underneath your username before (e.g. a banner, a title) that I did not place back, let me know. (I tried to have proper documentation, but it's always possible I missed something.)

Also, I'm updating the OP with the event titles that were approved.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #243 (isolation #24) » Wed May 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Post by mastina »

As the title fairy, not quite sure 'incredibly bold' is the best we can do, but have to say that I do quite like it--and even if not that exact title, something along those lines? Hell yes, would greatly encourage discussion there!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #260 (isolation #25) » Thu May 16, 2019 8:44 am

Post by mastina »

In post 244, Annadog40 wrote:Would bolding in title work?
Sure would, but I'm just going to say "no" to the idea of putting a title in bold, that has as part of its title, "Bold". I.e., I wouldn't approve
Bold Choice
but would approve either Bold Choice or
Choice
, as a hypothetical.

Pick one, don't force both in because if you force both in...it's...well, forced.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #261 (isolation #26) » Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 am

Post by mastina »

In post 253, Elbirn wrote:
In post 239, animorpherv1 wrote:First thing that comes to mind for Taly is
Incredibly Bold
. It fits his personality pretty well as well as his bolding people's usernames thing.
This title is neither a turn of phrase or wordplay or clever in anyway. Its just a statement. It'd be like offering me the title of "This guys a pedantic dickhead". At least this one comes with an explanation of why bold should be associated with Taly, even if no one has explained what makes Taly a "bold" person personality wise
Respectfully, I disagree with it not being wordplay; Incredibly Bold is a fairly common phrase, but in this case is incredibly descriptive of a key part of Taly's personality. Nobody else bolds things in the unique way he does, and so yes, he
is
incredibly bold compared to any other scummer. It's his signature shtick and I associate random boldness with him more than I do any other scummer.

There is however, a valid point.
Taly is not someone who I'd define as being a bold person, as in, "(of a person, action, or idea) showing an ability to take risks; confident and courageous.". He might have bold moments, but being a bold person is not a defining characteristic of who he is. The title of Incredibly Bold might not convey the intended meaning, as it could be construed as the definition above, rather than the intended definition.
In post 253, Elbirn wrote:
In post 242, Errantparabola wrote:what about "favors the bold"
do you think that it takes away from the double meaning of "taly is bold"
This is the closest to being clever anyone will get with this current train of thought
Honestly I don't see the appeal of that at all. I'd need to have it explained more.

Another one of the titles I feel is better is this one:
In post 247, Inferno390 wrote:How about
Going for the Bold?

Going for the Gold + Bold?
Because it is a turn of phrase turned into a pun and communicates the title's intention fairly clearly.
This is a title that I feel doesn't leave what Taly's thing is open to interpretation. Bold, here, is presented not as an adjective, but as a noun, which is the intended meaning.

So more or less, I'd encourage feedback on this or a similar one, a title which emphasizes Bold as a noun, not as an adjective, preferably with wordplay/puns/etc. involved.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #288 (isolation #27) » Mon May 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 284, xyzzy wrote:nominate Maruchan for
Passportent

this was something I suggested in the last thread but it didn't have much traction at the time, but Colorado Meet has made it clear that this is still an excellent fit for her.
You're gonna have to lobby REAL hard to convince me of this considering that I wasn't at the meet and lack context.
Plus, prior title policy for meet-related titles is basically that they are held to an incredibly high standard if they are allowed at all, sooooooooo.

Convince me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #302 (isolation #28) » Wed May 22, 2019 9:24 am

Post by mastina »

In post 292, northsidegal wrote:
also i still have my april event title
It's tied to the banner; can't remove it without removing the banner, and can't give you the banner without the title because that particular banner doesn't exist outside of the title right now. (Basically if I removed your title, I'd be giving you the old banner rather than the appropriate new banner.)
Same reason brassherald still has his event title; I can't remove ",Esq." without removing his Player's Choice banner which doesn't exist outside of the title.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #303 (isolation #29) » Wed May 22, 2019 9:27 am

Post by mastina »

In post 296, Alisae wrote:I think I like "Of Habit" more then "Of Havoc"
I kinda think of Creature's explosive posting to be more calm and uniform then to really "create Havoc" since it doesn't realy change much, he doesn't really write a lot of words, and its more simple, while havoc kinda feels like it belongs to a more chaotic posting style?
This is kind-of where I stand.

When I think Creature, I don't think that he wrecks havoc. He's known for being obvtown, and he's known for not being as competent as scum, and he's known for posting a lot, and he's known for being accurate, but none of those, not even in tandem, tell me 'havoc'.

However, those traits in tandem
do
tell me that he's a Creature Of Habit, because he is known for being obvtown, known for not being competent as scum, known for posting a lot (to the point where he's the go-to reference for hyper-posters as town), and known for being accurate.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #306 (isolation #30) » Wed May 22, 2019 10:13 am

Post by mastina »

In post 304, Psyche wrote:sorry but what does that have to do with habit?
Everything?
Those are defining traits of Creature; they are things that he is widely famous for. Across multiple games, Creature has gained the reputation for those traits. He is a strong creature of habit, because across endless number of games, he has those same trends. Posting a lot as town; being obvtown as town; being fairly accurate as town; not being as great as scum.

His routine is one which is incredibly predictable and easy to lock down on.

That having been said, the concern about it not being something which
conveys
those habits is a good one.
I would say Creature is a creature of habit.
I wouldn't say the title Of Habit conveys that he posts a lot as town, is obvtown as town, accurate as town, and not as good as scum.

I also wouldn't say the title Of Havoc conveys those things, either, nor does it convey the habitual behavior.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #358 (isolation #31) » Thu May 30, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by mastina »

CONFLICT:
Do I uphold the decision of a previous title fairy, even if it was a decision that I personally disagreed with?

...The answer is no, no I do not.

I honestly, legitimately, believe that it's a good title for Boonskiies. The pun IS only the first level to the title making the obvious reference; it is genuinely something I feel reflects his presence on the site as both a moderator and a player.

I'll give it
48 hours
((expired on 2019-06-01 20:12:23)) for someone to raise a convincing counterargument, but if none is presented in that time, I'll approve it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #369 (isolation #32) » Fri May 31, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 368, implosion wrote:I see where it's coming from but I'm pretty doubtful it has any staying power. I don't think the connection between platinum and either his modding contributions or wiki contributions is really there, and while the pokemon and rating threads might be a part of his site presence the biggest thing that I at least think of when I think of him is his extensive wiki contributions. I don't really see the direct personality connection either or how platinum relates to creativity in mafia setup design (i guess winning scummies?)

There's very likely enough there for a title but I'm not sure what it'd be/don't know wgeurts well enough.
This is more or less where I'm at. I don't know wgeurts as well as I should/he deserves, but when I think about him, I'd struggle to find a title of 'Platinum' as being correlated to him. A title need not encompass every aspect of a user's presence, but I feel like the connection needs to be stronger than what Platinum gives.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #374 (isolation #33) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:17 am

Post by mastina »

In post 358, mastina wrote:CONFLICT:
Do I uphold the decision of a previous title fairy, even if it was a decision that I personally disagreed with?

I honestly, legitimately, believe that it's a good title for Boonskiies. The pun IS only the first level to the title making the obvious reference; it is genuinely something I feel reflects his presence on the site as both a moderator and a player.

I'll give it
48 hours
((expired on 2019-06-01 20:12:23)) for someone to raise a convincing counterargument, but if none is presented in that time, I'll approve it.
That's Not All, Folks!
is now
approved
!
Contacting Boonskiies now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #386 (isolation #34) » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 358, mastina wrote:CONFLICT:

I'll give it
48 hours
And he's accepted! Boonskiies now has
That's Not All, Folks!
as a title.

In regards to wgeurts:
Pokedex (too lazy to do the accent mark but can include it in the title) feels like it's promising as a title. That said...Not quite sure I'm sold on it; could I have more people chiming in to give their feedback, there?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #402 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:08 am

Post by mastina »

Alright, gonna give it the 48 hour treatment:
Pokédex
for
wgeurts
has
48 hours
; speak now or forever hold your peace.
(expired on 2019-06-06 18:08:28)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #415 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 414, Alisae wrote:This isn’t the place to have this conversation, it really isn’t.
I agree. This tangent's gone on long enough; this thread's for titles.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #417 (isolation #37) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 402, mastina wrote:Alright, gonna give it the 48 hour treatment:
Pokédex
for
wgeurts
has
48 hours
; speak now or forever hold your peace.
(expired on 2019-06-06 18:08:28)
Took me way longer than that, but
approved
!
Contacting wgeurts now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #419 (isolation #38) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by mastina »

And it's done!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #487 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 467, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Nominate PrivateI for Monty Hall

He hosts a lot of Game Show/ORG stuff, referencing that his name (not username) is Monty and the late famous Monty Hall, host of "Let's Make a Deal".
Also the name of the mathematical concept for probability if someone can tie that in somehow.
So I'm not a frequent Mish Mash player. Could someone link me to some examples so that I can confirm that it's a fitting title? I want to judge for myself, but this certainly looks like it has merit at the very least.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #505 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 503, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Uh
You need me to link you?
Either accept the accounts of several Mish Mashers that this is true or please go look for it yourself?
When it comes to title nominations, links help, yes--if I am not familiar with the justification for the title, then I
need
to be before I approve it.

Research is something I don't trust myself to do properly. Plus, it's a bit of a built-in safeguard for the title. If the title has enough supporters and has enough merit, then there will be someone who can provide those links to me. If those links aren't given, then it's a sign that maybe either the title doesn't have as much support as it initially seemed or maybe it wasn't as good of a title as it initially seemed.

So yes.

I ask for links. They never hurt to give (well assuming no site rule violations occur anyway), but they serve a convenient purpose.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #514 (isolation #41) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 507, Kagami wrote:Could we please have our Team Mafia 2018 Winner titles back? We're still the TM champions, so I'm unsure why they've been removed.
So am I. I didn't remove them; I don't know how you'd have lost them since I didn't touch them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #521 (isolation #42) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:16 am

Post by mastina »

In post 517, Aristophanes wrote:I want to nom nomnomnom for a title so I can say I nommed nomnomnom for a title but I can't think of a good title nom for nomnomnom :(

Maybe nomnomnom should nom someone instead.

I just really want a nomnomnom nom in some way.
Is that too much to ask?
Nominate nomnomnom for the title of, "Title Title Title"

:P
(Ain't no rule says that the title fairy can't shitpost in her own thread. :P)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #522 (isolation #43) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:19 am

Post by mastina »

(To be clear. That title or any along the same lines of it would not be approved. Makes for a good joke, but utterly fails to live up to standards for titles. Titles for the sake of titling someone tend to suck.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #525 (isolation #44) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:09 pm

Post by mastina »

Hey guys!
The July title event is now up!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #545 (isolation #45) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 529, Ankamius wrote:nom schadd_ for
mystery flavor;

I think this is at least a good starting point because it hits these points:

1. He has the "mystery box of silver" series that he has modded several games of, and is also currently ongoing. It also plays into the title in the sense that the setup design varies across games and is pretty unique across every iteration.
2. The flavor in his games tends to be, from my dumbdumb perspective, mostly random stuff that he finds on the internet or a theme that is generally more random than most other mods.
3. The semi colon cuts off the words in a way that really outlines how he talks; I see a lot of posts from him that are very direct and to the point with very few words.

Another very minor point is that he uses semi colons to get his VC's pagetops.

this doesn't go into his musical stuff or really any of his outside-of-mafia presence (since I generally don't go outside of the mafia areas), but if you're looking for a title based on his mafia presence, this is probably a good direction to look in.
In post 536, Irrelephant11 wrote:Nom Schadd for
;

Schadd's typing style often includes a unique use of capitalization, grammar, and punctuation that gives off an almost poetic vibe. He regularly uses semi-colons as part of this; he also often uses them to reach pagetops for votecounts. For me, his use of semi-colons is representative of this ~feeling~ as a whole. Additionally, it's a stretch, but the semi-colon implies "but wait, there's more", which is true about his setups (look for more going on than you usually expect) and his current series of themes (they just keep coming!).

I'm just a little nervous this is already someone's title? If so, nom schadd for
, wig;
for similar reasons
I like both of these and love the avenue of discussion; can we talk about them some more?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #593 (isolation #46) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 587, animorpherv1 wrote:Katy, I'd stop trying to sell you own title.
I'm divided--on the one hand, I think it's actually a good title.

On the other hand, even if it was not Katyusha's intention, her posting
was
pretty much self-advocating for said title.

Let's revisit it in a month: (expired on 2019-08-08 04:11:25).

If it's still a good title then
without
the self-advocating, then we can look into titling her from it.
In post 568, Skygazer wrote:someone else can probably come up w something better but

nominate schadd_ for the title of "well-versed;"

well-versed refers to the fact that he's modded a ton of games and has extensive experience modding/creating/reviewing setups and also has a blatant music pun with the word "verse"

i had to slip the semi-colon in too bc its schadd
This one I'm ready to give the 48 hours tho.
(expired on 2019-07-10 04:11:25)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #629 (isolation #47) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:33 am

Post by mastina »

In post 603, InflatablePie wrote:
In post 601, Errantparabola wrote:personally i think delaying creative commons by a month is pretty unnecessary i think its a good title
2nd
Did I say one month?

I meant two:
(expired on 2019-09-13 18:33:17).

Anyone else care to argue, or is my point sufficiently clear?

If it's still a good title in TWO months, then nominate it in two months. Discussion on the topic is closed until that countdown timer expires.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #630 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:34 am

Post by mastina »

In post 593, mastina wrote:
In post 568, Skygazer wrote:someone else can probably come up w something better but

nominate schadd_ for the title of "well-versed;"

well-versed refers to the fact that he's modded a ton of games and has extensive experience modding/creating/reviewing setups and also has a blatant music pun with the word "verse"

i had to slip the semi-colon in too bc its schadd
This one I'm ready to give the 48 hours tho.
(expired on 2019-07-10 04:11:25)
I'm approving either
well-versed;
or
well_versed;
, whichever of the two schadd_ prefers. Contacting him now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #653 (isolation #49) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:35 am

Post by mastina »

In post 637, chennisden wrote:It was a joke
But a good enough one that I, as the troll that I am, decided to use the title for the event.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #718 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:43 am

Post by mastina »

In post 658, implosion wrote:I'd like to nominate callforjudgement for the title
Microprocessor
(could be capitalized or uncapitalized).

Everyone can go and see that he's modded a ton of micro games (to be precise, looking at the archives, fourteen of them!)

But beyond that, anyone in the normal review queue can tell you that he reviews micro normals. Like, *EVERY* micro normal. Maybe not every one of them but he has historically had a strong preference for reviewing them and has reviewed maybe dozens of micro normals. I swear to god that he has some script set up that alerts him when I post the number 9 in the normal review queue (that is, saying that there's a 9-player setup available for review). He has also scouted the normal queue thread for 9p setups that are going to be reviewable so he can get them.

Beyond that, anyone active in the open discussion subforum knows he's one of the most active people there. He brings a good analytical bent both in creating and reviewing setups and ideas, including computationally (example). Because of that (specifically because of the analytical nature of his contributions there) I think the microprocessor pun isn't *too* forced. But much more importantly than the pun he is literally processing a large number of micros, in reviews, and in moderating and in design.
Yeah this with either capitalization is solid enough to get the
48 hour
treatment from me; speak now or forever hold your peace.
(expired on 2019-07-24 16:43:46)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #753 (isolation #51) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 722, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 718, mastina wrote:Yeah this with either capitalization is solid enough to get the 48 hour treatment from me; speak now or forever hold your peace.
was this rejected by cfj
Title fairy error, here.
I was under the impression that I had sent the PM to cfj.

Apparently, I did not.

Doing so now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #770 (isolation #52) » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:59 am

Post by mastina »

In post 753, mastina wrote:
In post 722, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 718, mastina wrote:Yeah this with either capitalization is solid enough to get the 48 hour treatment from me; speak now or forever hold your peace.
was this rejected by cfj
Title fairy error, here. I was under the impression that I had sent the PM to cfj. Apparently, I did not. Doing so now.
cfj has accepted this, so as soon as I have the WiFi password to use my laptop rather than my phone (and assuming that there's no family reunion stuff interfering), I'll be adding his title in.
Edit:
done!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #793 (isolation #53) » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:14 am

Post by mastina »

Title fairy feedback: in my experience, the title would be more of an ironic title for Saudade rather than an actually accurate/appropriate title for him.

If the intention of the title were to be deliberately ironic, I would probably entertain the idea, but everything I am seeing suggests that the nomination was meant to be dead serious and unironic. Given that, I'd need a much stronger argument than what I have seen.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #836 (isolation #54) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:27 am

Post by mastina »

Ain't no rule says that the title fairy can't nominate someone for a title.

Nominate Pink Ball for the title of "pint-sized powerhouse"

Of all the titles during the Title Troll event, this was my favorite out of all of them and I REALLY wanted it to be kept, but almost nobody voted for it.

To give a better explanation for why the title works:
Pint Sized Powerhouse is the name of a trope, describing someone incredibly powerful and/or badass who happens to be of a small size.

Pink Ball is more than sufficiently badass, in spite of the account only having existed for a short time.
Pink Ball's namesake and former avatar, Kirby, is the most obvious example of a pint sized powerhouse.
But most of all, it refers to how PB is the new account of pinturiccio.

The title works on multiple levels, and is something which is entirely unique to him.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #851 (isolation #55) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:08 am

Post by mastina »

In post 843, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Nominate Jingle “for whom the Bell Trolls”.
Btw small spoiler alert: Jingle got enough votes that, if he wants to keep it, he can keep Ring a Bell.

Obviously that doesn't mean not to discuss title nominations for him--he could opt to not keep it; a better title could be suggested which he likes more than Ring a Bell; etc. So feel free to keep the talks going there, but I figure for the purposes of full disclosure you should be aware of that.

(This isn't much of a spoiler since I'm working on the writeup now.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #869 (isolation #56) » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 858, Aristophanes wrote:Wait we didn't vote that one in!?!?
I mean.
In post 397, mastina wrote:Elbirn - Content Aficionado : 1 (Jingle)
(And also. You guys were given almost a whole month to vote, so. :P)

Giving it the standard
48 hours
treatment because while it was an event title, because it failed to go through as part of that title, it's subject to normal title rules/procedures.
(expired on 2019-09-04 04:57:24)
Speak now, or forever hold your peace.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #966 (isolation #57) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by mastina »

BTW plan is to tackle titles tomorrow afternoon. Apologies for taking so long. Thought I would let you know that I am not forgetting about here, and intend to do my actual job. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #969 (isolation #58) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:15 am

Post by mastina »

In post 869, mastina wrote:Giving it the standard
48 hours
treatment because while it was an event title, because it failed to go through as part of that title, it's subject to normal title rules/procedures.
This is long overdue for approval.
Contacting Elbirn now.
In post 889, Gamma Emerald wrote:Nth...? Very random, does he do that type of thing a lot?
I really like the idea of titling Formerfish along these lines, but would prefer the discussion continue on the best options for now.

If conversation on the subject stalls, I'll see about giving my input and if we can refine it to a final product from that.
In post 907, SleepyKrew wrote:nominate katyusha for
creative commons
I'll give this the standard
48 hour
treatment:
(expired on 2019-09-23 08:15:15)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #980 (isolation #59) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 969, mastina wrote:
In post 869, mastina wrote:Giving it the standard
48 hours
This is long overdue for approval.
Contacting Elbirn now.
As you may be able to tell, this has gone through!
In post 969, mastina wrote:
In post 907, SleepyKrew wrote:nominate katyusha for
creative commons
I'll give this the standard
48 hour
treatment:
(expired on 2019-09-23 08:15:15)
Nobody has raised an objection to this title, so it is now approved; contacting Katyusha now.
In post 973, popsofctown wrote:
In post 970, Pine wrote:I will re-issue
Busboy Revolutionary
as the most balanced of all suggested options.
nth
This seems to be the most popular option and is one which I agree with the appeal of.

Giving this the
48 hours
treatment:
(expired on 2019-09-26 19:04:07).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #994 (isolation #60) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:38 am

Post by mastina »

In post 992, Annadog40 wrote:
In post 991, Psyche wrote:maybe just include the "For", like
For My Next Guest
I like that change, Nth.
I like it but I want more people to chime in before I approve it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1001 (isolation #61) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by mastina »

For My Next Guest
Gonna give this the standard 48 hour treatment:
(expired on 2019-09-27 19:26:04)
Speak any objections now, or forever hold your peace.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1015 (isolation #62) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:26 am

Post by mastina »

In post 980, mastina wrote:
Busboy Revolutionary
nth
This seems to be the most popular option and is one which I agree with the appeal of.

Giving this the
48 hours
treatment:
In post 1001, mastina wrote:
For My Next Guest
These have both been approved.
Contacting FormerFish and Skygazer now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1016 (isolation #63) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:37 am

Post by mastina »

Hey guys!
It's October.
And you know what that means...
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1017 (isolation #64) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1015, mastina wrote:
In post 980, mastina wrote:
Busboy Revolutionary
nth

Giving this the
48 hours
treatment:
In post 1001, mastina wrote:
For My Next Guest
These have both been approved.
Contacting FormerFish and Skygazer now.
Both have accepted!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1045 (isolation #65) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by mastina »

Hi all, sorry for the basically month-long absence.
I realize I have dropped the ball and I have no valid excuse (unless you consider mental health to be a valid excuse for negligence of duty which I do not, at least not for myself personally).
I can offer an explanation of circumstances (basically I have been in a rut, in a very very severely negative mental space for an incredibly long time, still not out of it even but I need to at least try to do my job here because if I can't manage to do it then I need to quit it and I would prefer to keep the job because I think that a temporary negative mindspace causing me to quit when outside of the negative mindspace I can do the job just fine would be a shame), but all I can really give is my sincerest apologies for having such a severe dereliction of duty.

With that having been said:
In post 1035, popsofctown wrote:nth second second coming
This has enough nths to pass, but it fails to meet a specific criteria.
It'd be my title and simply put: I don't like it.
You can give all the explanation in the world for why you think it's a good title, why you think it's appropriate for me, why you think it'd suit me, why it's objectively a good title, and so on and so forth, but I would be the one wearing the title and I am telling you that it just doesn't jive with me.

All of the objective reasons for why it might be a good title don't mean much if the title holder rejects the title, and I as the person who would hold the title, am rejecting the title, sorry. Because it's just not something I really feel. To be honest, it feels like a title for the sake of giving me a title, a joke for the sake of making a joke, something which while it has its reasons and has good backing is something which when you look at it is just thoroughly meh, thoroughly subpar.

While my standards are low enough where I might pass a mediocre title, when it comes to wearing a title for myself on a long-term basis, it needs to be a title which I'd accept if I wasn't the title fairy, and this title is one which I would turn down, sorry.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1046 (isolation #66) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1037, Jingle wrote:
Nom Pink Ball for The Power of Love
I'll be giving this title the standard
48 hours
waiting period to speak now or forever hold your peace though honestly who would deny the power of love?
(expired on 2019-11-02 03:59:59)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1079 (isolation #67) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:30 am

Post by mastina »

RE:Dannflor title:

I like the avenue of discussion, but I want to air out the idea some more, get more feedback on honing in on the right title. It doesn't need to be perfect (perfection is the enemy of good, and all that), but I would still like time to refine what feels right.
In post 1057, Firebringer wrote:
nom dannflor for "dirty dan"

> deep wolf reference
> for doing Jingle dirty in Pine v Alisae
Of the ideas proposed, this is the one which most resonates with me, but I would like some more feedback before I pass it.

I'll say that I won't pass "Deepwolf", if the argument against dirty Dan is, "but I prefer deepwolf over it tho". The reason why is that I agree with Aristophanes.

Deepwolf is too generic, and doesn't encapsulate the meme effectively. It doesn't convey the story in of itself, and is a title not specific to Dannflor.

A variant title similar to Deepwolf based off the idea of Deepwolf? Sure, fine! Like pipsofctown pointed out, we titled Creature off of a variant of him being Obvtown. So a variant title off of Deepwolf is fine, (The) Deepwolf itself wouldn't be.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1082 (isolation #68) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:15 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1080, TemporalLich wrote:I think the dirty dan title is good imo
I also think so; for me, it invokes Dirty Dancing, when Dann's main nickname as far as I am aware is Danceflor (or something similar to that at least), while also conveying the basic idea behind the meme of Dann = Deepwolf.

But like I said, while it's the title of the suggestions I most prefer, I want more feedback on the idea.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1090 (isolation #69) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:22 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1088, Enter wrote:I agree that dirty damn is bad for reasons mentioned and others

I disagree that my response to ari doesn't address any of ari's points
Well, I disagree with your disagreement. :P

By which, I mean, I agree with Jingle. Deepwolf is a meme title which isn't really special enough for what Dannflor is.

And because I am the title fairy, that puts extra weight behind my point. :P

I won't pass Deepwolf, The Deepwolf, Deepscum, or The Deepscum for Dannflor. Trying to convince me to is a waste of time which should be better spent coming up with a title I WOULD pass.

If you don't think that Dirty Dan is a good title, but you do want to title Dann off of the deepwolf idea, feel free to suggest something!

With the amount of valid points against the title, as is right now, I am leaning towards not passing dirty Dan (but could easily be swayed back, so if you really want that, present your case!), so I am incredibly open to ideas here.

Like I said, I want there to be more talks about the title idea.
Of the suggested ideas thus far, dirty Dan has been the one I've thought was the best, but given the reasons why not to give that title, I probably won't give it.

So if the best idea thus far is one which I won't pass, we now need something even better which I WOULD. It doesn't need to be perfect, but it does need to be better than what we've had suggested thus far.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1156 (isolation #70) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1046, mastina wrote:
48 hours
waiting period to speak now or forever hold your peace though honestly who would deny the power of love?
I forgot to do this but will be contacting PB now!
In post 1106, Alisae wrote:I feel like if you ask mastina to swap back you should be able to no problem
Can do if RC wants to!
In post 1128, Psyche wrote:the monthly titles are permanent????
If they fulfill the requirements.
In post 1155, Aristophanes wrote:So did anyone get a title out of that last event or...?
Due to a failure on my part, no. I'll be rerunning it in February.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1158 (isolation #71) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:21 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1156, mastina wrote:
In post 1046, mastina wrote:
48 hours
I forgot to do this but will be contacting PB now!
In post 1106, Alisae wrote:I feel like if you ask mastina to swap back you should be able to no problem
Can do if RC wants to!
In post 1128, Psyche wrote:the monthly titles are permanent????
If they fulfill the requirements.
In post 1155, Aristophanes wrote:So did anyone get a title out of that last event or...?
Due to a failure on my part, no. I'll be rerunning it in February.
PB has accepted, so this has gone through!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1160 (isolation #72) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:22 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1159, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1111, Pine wrote:Nominate
RadiantCowbells
for a return to
Smooth Criminal

Nominate
Dannflor
for
DannWolf
nth give RC his title back

nth DannWolf
I think it's a fine title and a fair compromise if mastina doesn't want to do Deepwolf.
I'm waiting for RC to unambiguously, definitively give me the "yes I want Smooth Criminal back" before changing it back, but this need not be nominated since if he wanted the title back, he'd automatically get it back. :P

I'll check how many people are supporting Dannwolf once home from work; if you approve of it yet haven't said so, now would be a great time to do so. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1193 (isolation #73) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:56 am

Post by mastina »

I like the idea of some variant of PENG for PenguinPower, and if that title were passed, would leave the capitalization choice up to PP, but before I pass it, I'd prefer more discussion on the idea.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1210 (isolation #74) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:52 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1195, Psyche wrote:oh great someone already pointed that out
feel that it would be bad form to have more than one title with the *exact* same rationale
even if the username pun is opportune
I'm of almost the opposite mindset--while I wouldn't give PenguinPower the title of .GIFted or something similar, due to that being more of the realm of Kison's title, the fact that Kison has a title for similar is in my mind grounds for proof that it is something which can be title-worthy. It's also not the EXACT same; Kison's title was if I recall correctly because he MADE the gifs (art and all, then animated them, tho I could be mistaken), whereas the idea of PenguinPower's is that he is incredibly prominent at posting memes, many of which are animated.
In post 1199, SleepyKrew wrote:celebrate his gif usage by forcing a pun based on a different format than the one he's being celebrated for?
b a d
I'm not opposed to it because pngs can also be animated even if animated pictures are more the realm of gifs.
In post 1206, RadiantCowbells wrote:I like wolf pup tbh
Title has potential, but want more discussion there.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1221 (isolation #75) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:06 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1219, Cheetory6 wrote:I'll nth wolf pup too but it feels a little compromisey? Like that last bit of title oomph isn't there
My opinion is similar. It does seem like an obvious compromise, and lacks the full oomph, but I can still see the connection and while I think it lacks the full oomph, I also think that it's good enough and is still suiting Dannflor.

Given that, will give the
48 hours
treatment for wolf pup:
(expired on 2019-11-22 15:06:57)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1256 (isolation #76) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by mastina »

1: Yo, general reminder to be nice.
Pretty sure that I don't actually have the ability to ban anyone from this subforum, but please conduct yourselves in a way where I wouldn't need to. Respect others, don't demand that you be respected, be polite, respect that others have opinions which you disagree with, and if you feel strongly enough, voice politely why you disagree, once, then move on. Don't keep spamming your stance.

2: I have heard the criticism of wolf pup, and agree with it strongly enough to not go through with it as a title.

That said,
3: I would love more feedback on this:
In post 1249, Jingle wrote:Nom Dann for
Sheep In Deepwolf's Clothing

I think this captures the meme of "Dann always being accused of being a deepwolf" better, captures the cute-n-cuddly "I don't want to lynch Dann, even though he might akshually be scum" vibe I get from his scumplay, and captures the fact that he's basically the sacrificial lamb for which we blame all of the issues with AliPine. (DANNFLOR, WHY HAVE YOU BETRAYED ME?)
Because my gut first impression of this, is, I actually quite like it.
But since I did just go forward with almost approving wolf pup, I'm a bit hesitant to instantly approve of this, so want a lot more feedback on it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1262 (isolation #77) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1257, popsofctown wrote:I don't understand how deepwolf is not ok but a four word title containing deepwolf is ok and in the event they're both ok I think the simpler title is better?
Because the four word title containing deepwolf is not in of itself deepwolf; it is a variant based on the idea, which as I previously stated, I've no qualms about titling off of.

While it is undeniable that you can associate Dannwolf with being a deepwolf (or suspected of as much), vice versa is not the case--when I think deepwolf, I do NOT think of Dannflor. Because the term is generic and dozens of other scummers (myself among them!) Are, notably, known to have that quality.

There is a meme about Dann being a deepwolf, but he doesn't own the term deepwolf to the point where deepwolf in of itself is title worthy, because it fails to convey the history/narrative behind the meme.

Whereas a variant title can accomplish exactly that, being something which Dannflor owns, which makes me think of Dannflor, which conveys the narrative/story behind the title in a way which is distinctly his.

By that metric, is Sheep in Deepwolfs Clothing good enough? I actually think so, because it does fit my mental image of Dannflor, does convey the meme, but I still want more feedback on the idea.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1367 (isolation #78) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:21 am

Post by mastina »

Guys.
Guys.
GUYS.
WHAT DID I JUST ASK FROM YOU, LESS THAN 24 HOURS AGO.
I am on my phone for the next 12 hours. I can't properly moderate the topic on my phone with the necessary level of care, so since you APPARENTLY need active moderation, which I can't give for 12 hours, I'm taking the nuclear option of locking the thread until I can properly oversee this discussion.

I asked for ONE thing from you; it wasn't that hard dammit.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1368 (isolation #79) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1263, Psyche wrote:u can ban people!
i sent zoraster a video!
In post 1265, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1263, Psyche wrote:u can ban people!
i sent zoraster a video!
Can Confirm. Have been fairy banned before XD
Yeah the funny thing about that is.
When I was new to being a title fairy, the option to ban someone was exactly where it was supposed to be--I saw it there as a big shiny button which I was obviously hoping to never need to push.

Except, when I checked back a few months later and every time since then...it's not there anymore.

Specifically. Per the video, what I SHOULD see is this:
What I ACTUALLY see is this:
I BELIEVE that, yes, I SHOULD have the power to ban someone from the title fairy subforum, that I am SUPPOSED to have that power, but in spite of my having SUPPOSED to have it, I currently lack it.
(I mean, I could always be mistaken and the power isn't meant to be mine even if it was the power of previous fairies. Site policy can change, that could be a site policy change, I haven't asked yet.)

So, regardless of whether I am meant to have the power to ban people from this subforum and regardless of previous title fairies' abilities to do so, fact is, I can't.

In lieu of this, I'll have to make do with making a request to zoraster for the bans.
Speaking of which, yes, we need some.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1369 (isolation #80) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by mastina »

Alright, I'm going to begin this with a blanket statement:
Someone else being an asshole does
NOT
give you the right to be an asshole. Being an asshole to someone you think has been an asshole just makes YOU an asshole. Someone being an asshole to you doesn't magically mean you're suddenly not an asshole yourself; if you're an asshole and someone in response to you is an asshole, you're
still
an asshole.

Being an asshole, regardless of whether you were an asshole first or second, means you lose any high ground, any sympathy, you could have had. It doesn't matter if you think you were in the right. Being an asshole is NEVER the appropriate response and never something you have the privilege of being. Less than 24 hours before I locked the thread, I made a simple request, a blanket warning to follow some simple guidelines:
In post 1256, mastina wrote:1: Yo, general reminder to be nice.
Pretty sure that I don't actually have the ability to ban anyone from this subforum, but please conduct yourselves in a way where I wouldn't need to. Respect others, don't demand that you be respected, be polite, respect that others have opinions which you disagree with, and if you feel strongly enough, voice politely why you disagree, once, then move on. Don't keep spamming your stance.
I will not be requesting a ban on anyone who posted what they did before this warning. I WILL be requesting action on those who posted AFTER it and IGNORED it.

Alisae
, I asked people to state their opinion once, then move on, and not to spam your stance--you went on to spam your stance, repeatedly, in spite of my warning. I asked you to be polite, but the myriad of posts like this (there's far more than just that one) were most decidedly not. They were toxic. While you may have raised some valid points about Nancy Drew 39 (see below), the way you went about it was Not Okay.

Speaking of
Nancy Drew 39
, a good 80% of what I said that post was addressed to YOU, Nancy:
I asked for you to not demand that you be respected--and then you went and did precisely what I told you not to do. As I said before: thinking someone is being a dick to you does not give you the right to act like a dick. Your actions were just as disrespectful, if not MORESO, than the actions you thought were disrespectful towards you, and were very much Not Okay. Your posts also gave me the kneejerk first impression of you spamming your stance as well. (Looking at them again, I'm not as sure, but it's borderline at the very least.)

I'm going to request a
2 week ban
from the subforum for Alisae and a
1 week ban
for Nancy Drew.
These are the only two that I as a title fairy deem ban-worthy (though again, I guess it's not even my final call since I don't have the power to follow through on this and can only request it), but I am going to make a generic blanket warning to be more explicit here.

If you can't be nice and avoid toxicity when it comes to discussing Dannflor's title, then I'll implement a blanket ban on titling Dannflor for a rather significant amount of time (say, six months).

I really really REALLY don't want to do that--that'd be patently unfair to Dannflor. It'd be punishing him for something that's not his fault, when he did no wrong. He doesn't deserve to have the chance at a title taken from him when the reason it'd be taken from him is the general community's actions.

But I mean.
We've gone seven whole months with virtually zero toxicity here. There's been occasional bits here and there, but nothing this bad. If we are civil and nice when it comes to discussing literally every other proposed title, but suddenly devolve into a toxic cesspool when it comes to titling Dannflor, then there is APPARENTLY a problem specific to titling Dannflor--and if bans aren't enough of a dissuasion from that toxicity, then I don't see any other choice.

Nobody wants to stop Dannflor from getting a title. I don't. You don't. So be nice, be civil, be polite. This is not the place to discuss the requested bans. Of "but this user should be banned too!", of "but this ban is too long!", of "but this ban is too short!", of unequal punishment or any of that sort. Drop. It. Drop it all. This is for discussing titles. And it should be discussion. Not toxic comments, not spam, not unhelpful, unproductive, commentary, repeating the same thing, digging at other users who have stances differing from your own.

That really shouldn't be hard to do.
So I'm unlocking the topic.
Be. nice. Don't be an asshole.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1370 (isolation #81) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by mastina »

ON THAT NOTE:

Title fairy feedback on titles:
In post 1269, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1241, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1217, Cheetory6 wrote:Oh what about puppeteer?
I like this somewhat actually
Make it pup-peteer and I think I’m down
Neither puppeteer nor pup-peteer invoke imagery of Dannflor for me. This feels like it's taking an idea we already decided wasn't the best (wolf pup), and then taking the worst part of it and putting it into an amalgamation which is even worse at explaining the connotations behind it. I don't get the meme surrounding Dannflor from the title and I don't see how it fits Dannflor.
In post 1272, Alisae wrote:no, "The Deepwolf" and "deepwolf" are not the same thing.
I agree they are not the same thing!

I disagree that The Deepwolf invokes imagery of Dannflor!

The Deepwolf may not be literally identical to just Deepwolf, but it still runs into the same problem. It IS still generic. It's LESS generic, but it's still generic. The Deepwolf does no better at invoking the imagery of Dannflor than just Deepwolf. So it's still not something I am going to approve as a title for him because it is still something which is too generic.

Since the topic was brought up, to compare it to Alisae's lolbalance: as far as I am aware, the term lolbalance pretty much was nonexistent before Alisae started modding games, and pretty much nonexistent after Alisae
stopped
modding games; anecdotally, that is fairly strong evidence that the term was strongly associated with em. The term lolbalance invokes imagery of Alisae's modding, and Alisae's modding invokes imagery of lolbalance--it is a term that Alisae OWNS.

Dannflor does not own The Deepwolf. This is more or less my opinion on the matter as well.
In post 1281, Alisae wrote:I also think
Is this a deepwolf?
is also fitting for Dann if you literally do not want to go with The Deepwolf route, since a lot of that meme about the question "Is Dann the deepwolf" when he's was not.
This is something which I would like more discussion about tho! This is a title I feel has potential.
In post 1319, Enter wrote:deepwolf?
And this is also a title I could get behind.

Yes, really--just the addition of the question mark changes the connotation to me. It invokes the question of "is this what they actually are?", in a way that I feel like is suitable for a title. It'd be akin to a title like "Obvtown?" instead of a title like Obvtown. The latter is not a good title, the former I'd be willing to at the very least entertain if I thought it appropriate for the scummer it was nominated for. (In that case, probably wouldn't go through because I can't think of a scummer who'd own the identity of it, but it COULD go through, with the right identity, is what I'm getting at.)

Or 'Townie?' going through instead of just Townie, 'Scum?' going through instead of just 'Scum'. The question mark tells a story in of itself. "Deepwolf?" is something which I DO think is something that is more or less, the Dannflor meme in a nutshell.

So at the very least, I want to entertain the idea and get feedback on the idea.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1418 (isolation #82) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by mastina »

Hey so I now actually have the power to ban people from this subforum and have made the decision to extend the lengths of the bans!
Alisae's ban is 21 days
. When the title fairy says "dude don't post for two weeks, you're being toxic", and then you post something toxic, what do you expect?

Nancy Drew 39's ban is 28 days
Because when the title fairy tells you to not post for a week and that yes you did things wrong, then you go on to continue to post not just once but repeatedly time and time and time and TIME again and do those very same things you were going to be timed out for, it is not going to receive just a slap on the wrist.

I gave you warnings on Wednesday.
I expected behavior to improve today--it did not.
I lacked the power to implement the subforum bans myself until just now, but deciding "oh because mastina doesn't have the power to ban us, we can still post!" and continuing to post the very same things you're being banned for, is explicitly Not Okay.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1420 (isolation #83) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1417, Maruchan wrote:PS: all bans are done publicly, by all members of the administration. It's site culture.....
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=12139
I believe not site culture for the title fairy subforum. Title fairies have enacted (usually temporary) bans on users from the title fairy subforum. TO MY KNOWLEDGE, none of these have been announced in the official ban thread. So TO MY KNOWLEDGE, I shouldn't announce them there. I'll go ask zoraster if I should, but until he says "yes, you should do that", I will assume I should not.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1443 (isolation #84) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:00 am

Post by mastina »

No worries, I didn't take it as a diss. I took it as something which did need clarification on. (And, official word: I am indeed not supposed to announce title fairy subforum bans.)
If it wasn't you, I figured someone else would ask that question at some point and I felt that it was a question which deserved an answer.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1498 (isolation #85) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1497, Gamma Emerald wrote:mastina anything you’d like to respond would be good, I think we’ve got something here
Planning on writing a larger post on the subject tomorrow. (Have been a bit V/LA this weekend.)

Basic response: every title proposed has some good reasons for it, every title proposed has some criticism for it, thinking of moving forward with most of them and leaving the choice to Dannflor, but like I said, want to give a better post explaining it tomorrow when I have more time to do so.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1504 (isolation #86) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:12 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1500, Ankamius wrote:Nom Dannflor for
Gentleman's Howl

1. Gentleman hits the note of his general playstyle being overall polite and easy to play with; it's very hard to impossible to hate or get angry at him in game
2. A Gentleman's howl can indicate BOTH town looking wolfy and scum looking townie; a wolf looking like a gentleman is harder to catch than a standard wolf, while a gentleman howling looks like a wolf despite not being a wolf. This is generally how consensus towards Dannflor's alignment turns out over time in my experience.
3. A somewhat distant this note it hits is that Dannflor can be quite active and be a strong voice (howling) when he is town (a gentleman)

there's probably even more that can be said can fit Dannflor but these are what I can come up with off the bat
Well now I have an extra title to consider dammit. :P

I'm postponing this until tomorrow, but will give word then unless someone comes up with another incredibly well thought out idea within the next 24 hours. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1521 (isolation #87) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:04 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1511, Jingle wrote:Also also, what’s the mastina word on sorting hat?
It's not something I'm opposed to, but it also looks like it doesn't have much support behind it.

(Am working on writing the more indepth post now.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1523 (isolation #88) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:30 am

Post by mastina »

At this point, I think I am willing to forward on the following titles for Dannflor:
-
Sheep in Deepwolf's Clothing
. This title conveys the heart of the meme, while also having a common expression behind it to back it up. It's not a perfect title, and I recognize the valid criticism that it's a bit forced, but I feel like it's worth going forward for.
-
Is this a deepwolf?
. This title conveys the meme behind Dannflor fairly well. I recognize the criticism of it being a bit wordy for the idea, but I feel like it's good enough to move on to the next stage.
-
Deepwolf?
. This title has the simplicity behind it and is the closest to the original suggestion for him. I don't actually think there's much criticism for it other than preferring other options more, so it is definitely good enough to move on.
-
Schrödinger's Deepwolf
. This title conveys the meme; this title is a solid title. My only concern is, is it a good title for Dannflor? Because while it's a good title, and it's good at conveying the meme we're titling Dannflor for, I'm not sure it's a good title for Dannflor specifically. It's still good enough to move on for now tho.
-
Gentleman's Howl
. This one is the opposite of Schrodinger's Deepwolf. This title is a solid title, and this title is a title I feel is good for Dannflor, the thing is it doesn't really convey the meme which we started the titling process on Dannflor for; it doesn't invoke imagery of being a deepwolf. So why's it here? Because it's a good title, and a title I feel is fitting for Dannflor, which is more important than fitting the meme behind Dannflor.

As Ankamius said: every one of these titles has at least one person who thinks, "this is the best iteration of the title imo"; almost every one of the titles has at least one person who thinks, "this is the worst iteration of the title imo"; there's mixed support on most of them and no universal consensus as far as I can tell.

At this point, then, going to go forward with
72 hours
on each of them for Dannflor:
(expired on 2019-11-30 15:30:06).
If you are very very strongly opposed to some of these (and your opposition isn't, "I like a different title more"), state so now; if I get strong enough opposition, then that title/those titles may be removed.
Similarly, if you are very very strongly in favor to some of these and you don't want them removed, this would be your final chance to make sure they are pushed through.

In 72 hours, I'll be letting Dannflor pick from all the titles which remain from the above, because at this point, might as well leave it to him since I feel there's multiple good titles and I'm comfortable going forward with them.

On that note, we kinda droppd the discussion around PenguinPower's titles in favor of discussing Dannflor; I feel comfortable enough approving whichever variant of the title (if any) PP would want, between
.peng, .PENG, .PeNG, .P eN G, .P EN G (I believe those were the suggested iterations)
So, giving that 48 hours:
(expired on 2019-11-29 15:30:06)

In doing the above, I did notice there were more nths for nsg's sorting hat than I thought. I thought it was like two or three, but turns out, yeah, it is like 7 or so.
I'm not opposed to the title, so I'll also be giving it the 48 hour treatment:
So speak now, or forever hold your peace.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1552 (isolation #89) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:48 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1549, Aristophanes wrote:Nom Wooper for
@___@
While I appreciate the nomination and think it has as much meat as a Big Woopper, I imagine general consensus towards that idea for a title is, "Woop de doo".
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1553 (isolation #90) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:16 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1523, mastina wrote:At this point, I think I am willing to forward on the following titles for Dannflor:
-
Sheep in Deepwolf's Clothing
. This title conveys the heart of the meme, while also having a common expression behind it to back it up. It's not a perfect title, and I recognize the valid criticism that it's a bit forced, but I feel like it's worth going forward for.
-
Is this a deepwolf?
. This title conveys the meme behind Dannflor fairly well. I recognize the criticism of it being a bit wordy for the idea, but I feel like it's good enough to move on to the next stage.
-
Deepwolf?
. This title has the simplicity behind it and is the closest to the original suggestion for him. I don't actually think there's much criticism for it other than preferring other options more, so it is definitely good enough to move on.
-
Schrödinger's Deepwolf
. This title conveys the meme; this title is a solid title. My only concern is, is it a good title for Dannflor? Because while it's a good title, and it's good at conveying the meme we're titling Dannflor for, I'm not sure it's a good title for Dannflor specifically. It's still good enough to move on for now tho.
-
Gentleman's Howl
. This one is the opposite of Schrodinger's Deepwolf. This title is a solid title, and this title is a title I feel is good for Dannflor, the thing is it doesn't really convey the meme which we started the titling process on Dannflor for; it doesn't invoke imagery of being a deepwolf. So why's it here? Because it's a good title, and a title I feel is fitting for Dannflor, which is more important than fitting the meme behind Dannflor.

As Ankamius said: every one of these titles has at least one person who thinks, "this is the best iteration of the title imo"; almost every one of the titles has at least one person who thinks, "this is the worst iteration of the title imo"; there's mixed support on most of them and no universal consensus as far as I can tell.

At this point, then, going to go forward with
72 hours
on each of them for Dannflor:
(expired on 2019-11-30 15:30:06).
If you are very very strongly opposed to some of these (and your opposition isn't, "I like a different title more"), state so now; if I get strong enough opposition, then that title/those titles may be removed.
Similarly, if you are very very strongly in favor to some of these and you don't want them removed, this would be your final chance to make sure they are pushed through.

In 72 hours, I'll be letting Dannflor pick from all the titles which remain from the above, because at this point, might as well leave it to him since I feel there's multiple good titles and I'm comfortable going forward with them.

On that note, we kinda droppd the discussion around PenguinPower's titles in favor of discussing Dannflor; I feel comfortable enough approving whichever variant of the title (if any) PP would want, between
.peng, .PENG, .PeNG, .P eN G, .P EN G (I believe those were the suggested iterations)
So, giving that 48 hours:

In doing the above, I did notice there were more nths for nsg's sorting hat than I thought. I thought it was like two or three, but turns out, yeah, it is like 7 or so.
I'm not opposed to the title, so I'll also be giving it the 48 hour treatment:
So speak now, or forever hold your peace.
Contacting Dannflor, PenguinPower, and nsg now!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1561 (isolation #91) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:39 pm

Post by mastina »

Alright, so multiple people suggested it, and while I wasn't quite sure how would be the best way to implement the idea, I did my best! New title event is up.

(Also, PenguinPower accepted .peng.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1578 (isolation #92) » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1570, RadiantCowbells wrote:Can I get smooth criminal back
Sure, I'll give it once I am home from work.
On that note, Dannflor will get Schrödinger's Deepwolf once I get home from work, too!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1592 (isolation #93) » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:21 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1588, Aristophanes wrote:
Nominate Nancy Drew 39
for
The Emotion Picture

It may need refinement but it she seems to have a video response for anything and everything and acknowledges her emotional, occasionally dramatic posting :)
Has potential but I want more discussion before I approve it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1606 (isolation #94) » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:44 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1605, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1594, popsofctown wrote:nom Fluminator for
Be Honest
. In GDs he always seems willing to hear from people he disagrees with, but also his name is an anagram for "Fulminator" which is an MtG card that works best against "dishonest" strategies.

It's sketchy whether the back half should count at all, so this isn't a hard nom, but I just saw someone (accidently?) type the anagram somewhere and I wanted to be cute.
unironic Nth

Don’t know much about that person myself but this is a good sell
I agree that it sounds like a solid title, but while I have interacted with Fluminator a fair bit and read plenty of Fluminator's posts, I admit that I am unfortunately not too familiar with Fluminator and want more people who ARE, to weigh in.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1630 (isolation #95) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:11 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1608, Enter wrote:One way to find out

Nom Psyche for "it"
As a title for Psyche,
ick

:P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1631 (isolation #96) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:13 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1626, Errantparabola wrote:nom plotinus for
Kitten Caboodle

1. we in the titling community love puns (?)
2. cats
3. sort of alluding to the thoroughness of plotinus posting
4. going back to the "categories" discussion that only me and keely had earlier (from the newbie games)
5. cute title
Plotinus absolutely deserves a title, sure, but I'm not sure that this is the one. It feels incredibly forced to me, and while I'd love to have Plotinus be titled, trying to force a title onto Plot won't generate a good title.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1636 (isolation #97) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:28 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1633, Errantparabola wrote:i was not forcing a title
it was just an idea that i had
Not trying to force a title doesn't mean the title doesn't look forced. What I more or less mean by this is,
sort of alluding to the thoroughness of plotinus posting
This justification of, "it kinda sorta alludes to this one aspect of Plotinus", is the only part which makes me feel like the title nomination has anything to do with Plotinus at all, and it's a little bit tacked on. I know Plotinus frequently has an association with kittens and/or cuteness, but when I look at the title "Kitten Caboodle", I don't think of Plotinus at all and if it were given to Plotinus, I wouldn't really understand why Plotinus had that title.
In post 1634, the worst wrote:i actually like kitten caboodle more as i think about it
Then can you give a more indepth explanation as to why? Because the above is more or less my problem with it. Even knowing that Plotinus has an occasional association with kittens/cute things, if Kitten Caboodle were put as Plotinus's title, I would have no clue why that was Plotinus's title, no way of associating the title with Plotinus on anything more than that superficial level.

To put it another way: it doesn't feel like it's a title special to Plotinus's presence on-site. It's not a title which feels like it is specific to Plotinus; it feels like a title you could plop under the username of any scummer who has an association with kittens and have it be equally fitting for them.

I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise, but you will need to
convince
me it's something special to Plotinus and appropriate to Plotinus's presence on-site.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1638 (isolation #98) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:49 am

Post by mastina »

That is in fact rather convincing. :P

Title doesn't have five nths yet tho so am going to wait for more people to chime in before I approve it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1652 (isolation #99) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by mastina »

And we have more than enough support for it and since I've been swayed, no reason not to go forth with this,
48 hours
on
Kitten Caboodle
for
Plotinus
:
(expired on 2019-12-20 19:42:55)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1660 (isolation #100) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:07 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1652, mastina wrote:And we have more than enough support for it and since I've been swayed, no reason not to go forth with this,
48 hours
on
Kitten Caboodle
for
Plotinus
:
(expired on 2019-12-20 19:42:55)
Contacting Plotinus now!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1662 (isolation #101) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:32 am

Post by mastina »

And it is done!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1664 (isolation #102) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1663, SleepyKrew wrote:I'm so confused about the process behind this title (no problem with the title itself)
I made an initial reaction of thinking the title felt a little forced--I was against it on the grounds that I couldn't make the association between title and Plotinus without it feeling a bit tacked on and a stretch. However, given time to reflect on it and a fairly convincing argument for why it was something that naturally fit for Plot, I ended up finding myself agreeing.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1669 (isolation #103) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:53 am

Post by mastina »

For totally no particular reason, I have decided that the thread title was in need of an update.

:shifty:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1680 (isolation #104) » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1679, the worst wrote:i think skygazer's title is very much skygazer-centric. i'll run with a lot of her innovation but it's still that: her innovation.
^
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1685 (isolation #105) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:47 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1684, Gamma Emerald wrote:When did Xtoxm get a title
Way way way before my tenure. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1693 (isolation #106) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by mastina »

It seems like a good title given the context, but I do hold reservations about it potentially being a reward for negative behavior.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1717 (isolation #107) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:19 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1713, the worst wrote:mmm there's something in this
While I echo this sentiment, and think that pops is worthy of a title and can maybe kinda sorta possibly vaguely see why it's applicable to pops…

…I'm going to take a considerable amount of convincing, here.

I have extreme trouble connecting clearly the title nominated to pops, AND, it feels super-generic and not specific to pops.

Can someone help me see it more clearly?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1723 (isolation #108) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1721, Pine wrote:I initially didn’t like it, but the more I think about it, it fits Pops.
"I changed my mind and think it fits pops" isn't a convincing enough argument to make me change my mind. :P
The question isn't if it fits pops--it's more is it something clearly connected to pops, AND, something not super-generic that is instead specific TO pops. Even if you think it passes one of those metrics (and it is currently my opinion it fails on both), it needs to pass both and I don't see it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1731 (isolation #109) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:53 am

Post by mastina »

I'm sorry but I don't think the title works.
Maybe I can think of something which would at a later time or more likely we, as in, someone in the community will, but for now I'm not going forward with it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1743 (isolation #110) » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by mastina »

Still haven't seen anything convincing about pops titles yet.
Not going to shut them down obv, but this hasn't seemed very productive to me thusfar.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1763 (isolation #111) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by mastina »

I do believe that I have no need for title fairy action right now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1775 (isolation #112) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:11 am

Post by mastina »

I actually find that title fairly humorous given the context of my prior account's title, and I agree that it is fitting to me, and we have the necessary number of nths for it, sooooo.

Let's give this the 48 hours treatment, except doubled as a precaution since I am the title fairy:
(expired on 2020-02-06 15:11:04)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1789 (isolation #113) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:09 pm

Post by mastina »

By the power invested in me,
I hereby do decree:
My title is now
False Prophet
And so shall it be.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1791 (isolation #114) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1790, the worst wrote:That would've been much cooler if you said "false profit" ;P
Ehhh I debated capitalization. Technically the original nomination was lowercase, but one of the main nths was for the uppercase version. My username is lowercase which makes a lowercase title more suitable than it would be otherwise and this was the main reason why I considered having it be lowercase, but I ultimately decided to go uppercase because
-I am known for not talking in lowercase letters; if anything, I randomly capitalize the start of words which should be lowercase, so it felt more suited to me,
-Both of my prior titles had the uppercase first letters, and,
-The majority of titles, unless given a specific reason to be lowercase, are uppercase. The default is usually to have titles be uppercase unless they have a specific reason to not be. Since it's the more common trend, I felt like it was something that overall fit better.

Plus, is my title and while I get the aesthetic of lowercase title for lowercase username, I like uppercase better.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1826 (isolation #115) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1806, Jingle wrote:Now, before you default to "Shut up, Jingle." or "You're an idiot, Jingle." or "Underwear go inside your pants, Jingle." this is at least an 80% serious nomination.

Nom RadiantCowbells for
Alien Ant Framer

Does RadiantCowbells need a new title? I think the answer to this is yes. Over the years, he's had several, and Smooth Criminal was arguably the most fitting. I'm not arguing a return to Smooth Criminal (he's good at scum, but I can't remember the last time he went an entire game without being wagoned out of paranoia at least once) and I'm not saying Solid Criminal is a bad shift over that as it fits the newbells better than smooth criminal does now. OTOH, Solid Criminal just doesn't feel special to Raybells in the way that it could. It's true, in that I'm fairly certain that Raybells is at least mostly solid and good at playing scum, but there are any number of solid scummers that play scum well. It's a title that fits, instead a special title. It also completely ignores that Raybells isn't good at scum at the expense of his other play.

So let's examine my suggestion:

Alien, in mafia terms, is a role that is very strong as both town and scum. In fact, in smaller games Alien makes sense as the majority (or even entirety) of the power for a game. Alien, as a faction, is a shorthand term for a scumteam that is so powerful that they need a significant nerf (a single nightkill per game). Both of these show the strength of the seal as both factions, a capability of shifting the game to win as either faction nigh singlehandedly.

Framer, similarly, is a role that is difficult to play well. You have to figure out how to get a cop to target your choice or accurately figure out that a cop will be investigating a town player. More importantly to the title though, when applied correctly, Framer can get a lynch on even the strongest town player when it would normally be nigh impossible. This is a clear reference to RC's ability to push through lynches through sheer force of personality. It doesn't hurt that Raybells has been known to fake a guilty to get a lynch from time to time (and isn't that exactly what a Framer does, mechanically?).

Ant, here is a reference to the ability of ants to lift weights much larger than their own, and also the propensity of some ants to scream at you while suicide bombing out of trees. Actually, no it isn't, but I needed to include it for the pun so it stays.

The core of this title, however, is much simpler. Alien Ant Farm sings the song Smooth Criminal. Smooth Criminal was RC's title for like, decades. This isn't a username pun. This isn't an avatar pun. This isn't even a behavioral pun. This, right here, is our chance to award a title that is a title pun. And it fits.
Would like to mention, this is a very solid nomination and it is nominations like this which're top-quality and are a good way to get a title to get through. Not many people are talking about it tho so I can't approve it yet without more people discussing it and whether they think it warrants the change and such.

On the note of a title with support though:
In post 1816, northsidegal wrote:
Disorganized Crime
would be a topical joke on the forum organization
I think this title is absolutely perfect given the nature of this..."event".

Less than sure zoraster will actually accept it, but I think that it's good enough to at least
propose
to him, so I'm giving this the 48 hour treatment:
(expired on 2020-02-17 22:00:24)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1836 (isolation #116) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:05 am

Post by mastina »

How about I open up it to an ironic Organized Crime or more direct Disorganized Crime, leave the choice up to zoraster? Leave him the choice of either.
Extending deadline due to extra option, for further discussion on the matter. (Basically, to give him the choice of either instead of forcing one.)
(expired on 2020-02-18 18:05:20).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1844 (isolation #117) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by mastina »

That is something I can understand the reasoning for the title, yes. I'd like to see people give a quick check-in on it to see if people still think it's suited for him, but I'm not going to ask for a full five to check in, just one or two more would be enough for me to move forward on Monty Hall or a similar title for PrivateI.

On the note of having the necessary people...I believe Klick is almost there on Flash Forward, so similarly needs just about one or two more there.

Tempted to just bring both titles to the 48 hour mark right here and now to be honest but I suppose I'll still formally ask for people to if they support those titles give their support for them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1848 (isolation #118) » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:34 am

Post by mastina »

48 hours
on
Monty
and
Flash Forward
!
(expired on 2020-02-24 07:34:13)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1850 (isolation #119) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:03 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1836, mastina wrote:How about I open up it to an ironic Organized Crime or more direct Disorganized Crime, leave the choice up to zoraster? Leave him the choice of either.
Extending deadline due to extra option, for further discussion on the matter. (Basically, to give him the choice of either instead of forcing one.)
(expired on 2020-02-18 18:05:20).
So I forgot about this in lieu of the other nominations, but I'll be contacting zoraster about Disorganized Crime as a title.
In post 1848, mastina wrote:
48 hours
on
Monty
and
Flash Forward
!
(expired on 2020-02-24 07:34:13)
I am also contacting Klick and PrivateI for their respective titles.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1860 (isolation #120) » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:44 pm

Post by mastina »

(Just letting you know that I'll be handing out the titles tomorrow most likely. (That's the plan at least. I should have the free time.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1929 (isolation #121) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1914, NorwegianboyEE wrote:That was 5 months ago.
Well if you're expecting different action to be taken five months later compared to last time, you're right!

I'm giving you a rather lengthy time-out from this subforum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1988 (isolation #122) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1987, popsofctown wrote:It's a title that heavily fits his offsite persona and moderately fits his onsite persona, and that makes it a bad title imo.
Also is super-duper generic and applicable to an endless number of other scummers. I certainly don't associate ':3' with Krazy. (Heck, I'd more closely associate that emote with Alyssa and even for her it wouldn't be the best.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2036 (isolation #123) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2018, popsofctown wrote:Woat is explicitly attack the player not the play
This would be my issue with a title to this effect.
Nancy does hold sole reign on the term 'woat' on mafiascum, but her application of it is never in a way which is positive. While it is distinctive to her and a defining characteristic of her play, it is not a
good
thing. It's notable, but not in a way you want something to be notable.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2076 (isolation #124) » Sat May 02, 2020 11:06 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2049, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:How ‘bout
”Meta Memes”
? because I also like to post a lot of images and previous noms, were along the lines of “Picture me this”, or “recommended viewing“.
*A-hem*.
In post 0, mastina wrote:

You probably weren't asking this and most of this section should be common sense, but it seems important anyway. You should not nominate:
I'm not going to be lax on this anymore, so Nancy can take a rather lengthy time-out. (32 days.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2077 (isolation #125) » Mon May 04, 2020 12:03 am

Post by mastina »

Btw on the note of Zaph; Zaphkael is one of the best writers on mafiascum, period. In all aspects of that term. It's obviously applicable to mafia games, but extends to writing outside of mafia, too. I might even be so bold as to suggest Zaphkael is THE best writer on mafiascum bar none, but I realize that might be a slightly more contentious statement, whereas there can be absolutely zero debate on Zaphkael being one of the best writers on mafiascum.

So, obviously, I would support a title there, but it needs more discussion and such before I approve anything.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2102 (isolation #126) » Tue May 12, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by mastina »

Prodge of all sitewide activities for today - I promised you all yesterday that, yes, I would get to things soon, but anticipating that there was a very real chance I'd need to do this is
precisely
why I said I couldn't promise a date other than "soonish".

I am optimistic that I
should
have time for all of my duties, here included, come tomorrow. Still can't promise it for certain, but I don't think there's anything which would get in the way (whereas today, there was), so. Hopefully tomorrow, will be here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2137 (isolation #127) » Fri May 15, 2020 9:29 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2096, Kanna wrote:Actually,
Nom Isis for “Best in Class”

I think this suits her because
  • it’s a reference to her avatar, Scholarship Student Isis
  • it implies she’s “best in class,” no matter if it’s mafia, rpg class, or overall classiness
  • it’s fairly original(?)
I like this but I want more feedback from people on it.

When it comes to the MariaR proposed title of Twenty-Two Faced, on the one hand: I understand the title, like where it's coming from, get it, think it's neat and clever and all-around like it as a title, but this is a valid point:
In post 2111, Alisae wrote:I don't think Twenty Two Faced satisfies me here. Mostly because based on that title alone, if I to tell it to Beeboy and he had to guess who that was for, he would probably not guess MariaR and I wouldn't either.
Now, that might be because we know her a bit more and that because we're friends with her.
If the people onsite who're closest to MariaR don't have the same association with it, if the people who know her best don't connect the title with her, then it is probably not suited for her in spite of the merits behind the title.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2192 (isolation #128) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:30 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2180, northsidegal wrote:for the record rc got a title but chose to have the paragon tagline
Correct, his current title is his choice.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2209 (isolation #129) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:04 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2194, northsidegal wrote:i think generally it's just supposed to fit on one line
It is. (nsg's title is on two mostly because I couldn't think of a solution for her title.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2216 (isolation #130) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:13 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2215, Alisae wrote:Why
Eh, I can kinda see the logic, following it in a sense, of a title more or less in line with his current one, but I don't think 'Serious Suggestion' as a title for Jingle is particularly noteworthy/unique to him; it doesn't really convey aspects of him that well, so in spite of me kinda sorta following with the suggestion, I'd need some heavy convincing there, so Alisae's question would be valid here; why do you think it'd be a good suggestion?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2226 (isolation #131) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:00 am

Post by mastina »

Not convinced on the Kanna title; can we get more discussion there?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2236 (isolation #132) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:11 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2235, talah wrote:
In post 2232, Alisae wrote:wait that Nero Cain title was completely forgotten and not talked about?????????
why???????
I've heard quoted from the rules (and I'm paraphrasing) that at least 5 votes are needed to support ye olde Title.
This, pretty much. I thought the title had potential, but it didn't seem to have the necessary momentum.

That's obviously different now. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2250 (isolation #133) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:40 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2249, Zaphkael wrote:There have been a couple of good title suggestions in the past few pages that didn't really get discussed further but that do have a good thought behind them, so similar to nero cain's, I'm going to bring them up again and see if there's some interest in them. I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries here?
You're fine, this sort of thing is encouraged, though...
In post 2226, mastina wrote:Not convinced on the Kanna title; can we get more discussion there?
In post 2137, mastina wrote:

• it implies she’s “best in class,” no matter if it’s mafia, rpg class, or overall classiness

When it comes to the MariaR proposed title of Twenty-Two Faced, on the one hand: I understand the title, like where it's coming from, get it, think it's neat and clever and all-around like it as a title, but this is a valid point:
In post 2111, Alisae wrote:I don't think Twenty Two Faced satisfies me here. Mostly because based on that title alone, if I to tell it to Beeboy and he had to guess who that was for, he would probably not guess MariaR and I wouldn't either.
Now, that might be because we know her a bit more and that because we're friends with her.
If the people onsite who're closest to MariaR don't have the same association with it, if the people who know her best don't connect the title with her, then it is probably not suited for her in spite of the merits behind the title.
These cover all but the skitter one, which to my knowledge--nobody brought up again. By and large, they remain true.

I am open to the titles, but people haven't brought forth the strong support/reasoning to back them up.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2267 (isolation #134) » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2257, Zaphkael wrote:
In post 2105, northsidegal wrote:nom MariaR for
Twenty Two Faced

When looking back through the old title threads I think there was some pretty good discussion on a title for Maria that never ended up making it through because the title fairy changed at an inopportune moment. I personally think that "I Have Many Names" was the best of the titles suggested back then but I prefer Twenty Two Faced for a few reasons.

First, to justify either of the titles, among the traits that Maria is most well known for are being very good at scum, and having a lot of alts. "I Have Many Names" certainly fits the alt aspect of that well, and while it does have something of a sinister tone that might be reminiscent of scum, I can't help but feel that it understates the "being very good at scum" trait.

To me, "Twenty Two Faced" better incorporates both elements, with two faced being a more clear indicator of lying and being good at scum, and the more literal interpretation of twenty two faces being an allusion to a great deal of alternate accounts. Also, it's the sort of unique twist on a normal phrase ("two faced") that I feel like makes up a lot of classic titles, e.g. All Work and Roleplay, Best Newcrummer, etc.

i think that unlike a lot of titles that refer to people's unique personality traits that it's both really easily understandable while still having a bit underneath. also, include a hyphen anywhere as looks best.
So I've been thinking about this for the past few days and the best I've come up with I think is
"Alternatively,"

I'm not as good at explaining this as I want to but I think it's a good way to bring across the idea of "yeah you might think I'm scum, but what about..." and in general just describes their ability to convince people easily as a scum player.
It's also, quite literally, a reference to their amount of alts (both alt-ernatively and alternative accounts), which as nsg said is something that is really characteristic for them.
Lastly, to me, it also has the meaning that MariaR is just really good at adapting to the situation at hand and the people around them, and I feel like it's a large enough part of their personality to mention it.
I really really like this, can we get a bit more feedback on it? Good title, yes/no? I think it's good.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2279 (isolation #135) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:29 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2267, mastina wrote:
In post 2257, Zaphkael wrote:
In post 2105, northsidegal wrote:nom MariaR for
Twenty Two Faced

When looking back through the old title threads I think there was some pretty good discussion on a title for Maria that never ended up making it through because the title fairy changed at an inopportune moment. I personally think that "I Have Many Names" was the best of the titles suggested back then but I prefer Twenty Two Faced for a few reasons.

First, to justify either of the titles, among the traits that Maria is most well known for are being very good at scum, and having a lot of alts. "I Have Many Names" certainly fits the alt aspect of that well, and while it does have something of a sinister tone that might be reminiscent of scum, I can't help but feel that it understates the "being very good at scum" trait.

To me, "Twenty Two Faced" better incorporates both elements, with two faced being a more clear indicator of lying and being good at scum, and the more literal interpretation of twenty two faces being an allusion to a great deal of alternate accounts. Also, it's the sort of unique twist on a normal phrase ("two faced") that I feel like makes up a lot of classic titles, e.g. All Work and Roleplay, Best Newcrummer, etc.

i think that unlike a lot of titles that refer to people's unique personality traits that it's both really easily understandable while still having a bit underneath. also, include a hyphen anywhere as looks best.
So I've been thinking about this for the past few days and the best I've come up with I think is
"Alternatively,"

I'm not as good at explaining this as I want to but I think it's a good way to bring across the idea of "yeah you might think I'm scum, but what about..." and in general just describes their ability to convince people easily as a scum player.
It's also, quite literally, a reference to their amount of alts (both alt-ernatively and alternative accounts), which as nsg said is something that is really characteristic for them.
Lastly, to me, it also has the meaning that MariaR is just really good at adapting to the situation at hand and the people around them, and I feel like it's a large enough part of their personality to mention it.
I really really like this, can we get a bit more feedback on it? Good title, yes/no? I think it's good.
At this point I feel comfortable moving forward on this:

48 hours
on
Alternatively,
for
MariaR
:
(expired on 2020-06-29 15:29:49)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2283 (isolation #136) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:03 am

Post by mastina »

Per Errant/Alisae's bumping of the title nom, I'd like to bump this, to again put this forward one more time; any more thoughts on this?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2307 (isolation #137) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2287, Errantparabola wrote:(an alternative title that was considered by me and my dedicated team of volunteers was simply
mystery box
so i feel compelled to submit it for consideration as well)
I mean this is what I was thinking of when you submitted the silver-tongue submissions anyway due to the Myster Box being of SILVER. :P
(But, more discussion needed here, I'm inclined to think it's not the best.)
In post 2294, Ariel wrote:
In post 2070, Ariel wrote:so for the April event Zaphkael had the title "Ghost Writer." Zaphkael won Paperback Writer in 2017 and has done very in-depth written flavor for other mafia games. Also runs Fiction Rumble in GD and has been the "champion" for it multiple times. So I do think Zaph has a notable association with writing on mafiascum.net.
In post 6369, Zaphkael wrote:I'm a sucker for roles that don't have an obvious use or don't have an obviously optimal way of using them, but that can be used creatively. The neighborizers, your role, the Aeon factional abilities and even a masonry all fit this philosophy of mine, and if someone actually uses them creatively, it makes me a very happy mod. Your play was one of those things!
Based on this modding philosophy, I am going to throw out
Little Did I Know
as a title nom (trope reference)
Bumping this b/c Zaph didn't keep Ghost Writer, which I think sounded cool but am unsure how his writing credentials onsite relate to ghosts or ghost writing.

Little Did I Know got a few nths but not 5. The tl;dr idea behind it is that it's a writing/narration trope that ties into how he approaches modding. Going to suggest
Little Did They Know
this time as it being in third person might make more sense.
I really really like Little Did They Know.

Anyone want to present any counterargument?
In post 2295, SleepyKrew wrote:Nominate Ariel for
edited 449 times in total
. I thought this was one of the best event titles. The specific number is because that's how many times the OP of the original Identity thread was edited, but the spirit of the title also captures the who-knows-how-many edits Ariel has made to the wiki. Alternatively, nominate Ariel for
Too Sparkly
Per my statement in the event thread, I'm going to give this
24 hours
for anyone to present a compelling argument for why this shouldn't be given, because this is an explanation that I can get behind:
(expired on 2020-06-29 04:25:37)
Lacking any such counterargument, will re-give that title.
In post 2288, SleepyKrew wrote:
nth medium pharma
for Equinox
Since this title didn't get the support needed during the event, not even CLOSE to getting the support needed during the event by my count:
Can we get a formal writeup of this nomination, explanation for it, etc.? And normal discussion about it. (I'll count the presented nths for it as support for it, but I want this done before I move forward with it.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2337 (isolation #138) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2307, mastina wrote:
In post 2070, Ariel wrote:so for the April event Zaphkael had the title "Ghost Writer." Zaphkael won Paperback Writer in 2017 and has done very in-depth written flavor for other mafia games. Also runs Fiction Rumble in GD and has been the "champion" for it multiple times. So I do think Zaph has a notable association with writing on mafiascum.net.
In post 6369, Zaphkael wrote:I'm a sucker for roles that don't have an obvious use or don't have an obviously optimal way of using them, but that can be used creatively. The neighborizers, your role, the Aeon factional abilities and even a masonry all fit this philosophy of mine, and if someone actually uses them creatively, it makes me a very happy mod. Your play was one of those things!
Little Did I Know
Bumping this b/c Zaph didn't keep Ghost Writer, which I think sounded cool but am unsure how his writing credentials onsite relate to ghosts or ghost writing.

Little Did I Know got a few nths but not 5. The tl;dr idea behind it is that it's a writing/narration trope that ties into how he approaches modding. Going to suggest
Little Did They Know

I'm moving forward on this.
48 hours
on
Little Did They Know
for
Zaphkael
: (expired on 2020-07-02 02:52:06)
In post 2295, SleepyKrew wrote:Nominate Ariel for
edited 449 times in total
. I thought this was one of the best event titles. The specific number is because that's how many times the OP of the original Identity thread was edited, but the spirit of the title also captures the who-knows-how-many edits Ariel has made to the wiki. Alternatively, nominate Ariel for
Too Sparkly
Per my statement in the event thread, I'm going to give this
24 hours
for anyone to present a compelling argument for why this shouldn't be given, because this is an explanation that I can get behind:
(expired on 2020-06-29 04:25:37)
Lacking any such counterargument, will re-give that title.
This has been re-given!

By my count, medium pharma has four supporters; could we get more people to chime in so I know it's more than just four who want that title?

RE: schadd_ title:
At this point, I can see the argument for all three spellings of it, and feel like it'd be appropriate to leave the decision to the person who would hold the title, so I will approve whichever
schadd_
chooses, if any, of
pandora's pjukebox
pandora's pukebox
, and
pandora's jukebox
You have
48 hours
to give me any reason not to move forward with letting schadd_ choose between the three: (expired on 2020-07-02 02:52:06)
So speak now or forever hold your peace.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2364 (isolation #139) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2337, mastina wrote:
Little Did I Know

Little Did They Know

I'm moving forward on this.
48 hours
on
Little Did They Know
for
Zaphkael
: (expired on 2020-07-02 02:52:06)

By my count, medium pharma has four supporters; could we get more people to chime in so I know it's more than just four who want that title?

RE: schadd_ title:
At this point, I can see the argument for all three spellings of it, and feel like it'd be appropriate to leave the decision to the person who would hold the title, so I will approve whichever
schadd_
chooses, if any, of
pandora's pjukebox
pandora's pukebox
, and
pandora's jukebox
You have
48 hours
to give me any reason not to move forward with letting schadd_ choose between the three: (expired on 2020-07-02 02:52:06)
So speak now or forever hold your peace.
Contacting Zaphkael and schadd_ now about their titles.

Giving the
48 hour
treatment on
medium pharma
for
Equinox
: (expired on 2020-07-04 20:13:44)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2368 (isolation #140) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2353, Alisae wrote:I like this title
but I don't think after the latest announcement it would be appropriate
Lylo doesn't necessarily need to mean 'lynch or lose'. It can also mean 'eliminate or lose', with some artistic liberty taken (eLYminate, y instead of i being the given liberty taken), so I'm fairly sure due to lylo not being automatically lynch, it's okay to have as part of a title, though I will double-check with zoraster on that policy just to be doubly-sure.

That said, given there's the other alternatives, Elo and Behold (which has the added implication of skitter being a high-elo player which I find humorous and appropriate), or just Lo and Behold, ultimately it doesn't matter too much; I'm comfortable moving forward with this line on a skitter title regardless because these options all have good ring to them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2374 (isolation #141) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2365, Alisae wrote:what about the mariar title
KNEW I was forgetting something, whooooops. :oops:

Thanks for the reminder.

Sending out to all three then.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2408 (isolation #142) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by mastina »

Quick title fairy update:
I am obviously American and for the last couple of days have been busy with the American holiday of July 4th, but with that being past I should be more active.

Tonight however, I very very much need to attend to helping my dearest friend through a hard time they are going through, and while I am here to do a quick check-in (on that note, see below), title fairy duties will have to wait until the next time I log in (which I believe should be tomorrow--no promises, but I THINK I should have the free time to spare tomorrow for here).

In the mean time, per that check-in:
In post 2382, Aristophanes wrote:I present to you:
Someone - "Well, we gotta lynch Someone"
Nai - "Lyncher of the Dead"
Per the change in policy only being about the word 'Lynch', these are the only titles that, if titles from ages prior need to be changed, would be changed.

Do they need to be changed? Good question! I'll ask zoraster tomorrow and when he gets back to me, I'll let y'all know what he tells me in regards to their titles.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2411 (isolation #143) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by mastina »

Quickly, zoraster did say the previous titles with 'lynch' should be edited.
I turned 'Lyncher of the Dead' into 'Executor of the Dead', and "Well we gotta lynch
someone
" into "Well we gotta remove
someone
". Perhaps not the best changes to make, but the ones which in spurn of the moment felt right.

Getting to other title fairy stuff now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2412 (isolation #144) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2283, mastina wrote:

Per Errant/Alisae's bumping of the title nom, I'd like to bump this, to again put this forward one more time; any more thoughts on this?
For a start,
48 hours
on
Best in Class
for
Isis
: (expired on 2020-07-12 23:07:39)

(This is long overdue. Seeing what else I need to get to step by step.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2413 (isolation #145) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2364, mastina wrote:Giving the
48 hour
treatment on
medium pharma
for
Equinox
: (expired on 2020-07-04 20:13:44)
Contacting Equinox about this now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2414 (isolation #146) » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by mastina »

For skitter, at this point I feel like moving forward with
ELo and Behold
and
Last Laugh
, with the possible addition of
Lylo and Behold
if someone can present a strong argument in support of it being an option, and to let skitter choose between the two(/three).
So,
48 hours
: (expired on 2020-07-12 23:15:15)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2463 (isolation #147) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by mastina »

I'm a bit ambivalent on the panth title so I want more people to air out their thoughts there to help me form an opinion there.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2480 (isolation #148) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:47 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2470, Starbuck wrote:Is this where I can place my interest for finally gaining a title?
That would be against the rules, so no. (Placing a generic 14-day restriction on any Starbuck title. (expired on 2020-08-14 18:47:22). Not giving Starbuck a time-out because I believe the post was made with no prior knowledge of the policy, but reminder that I will take that action on people who should know better.)
In post 2473, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:The tf does entitlement events every so often.
Events are on hold until probably after the pandemic ends because I need to be at the top of my mental game to run them--and during the pandemic, my mental health has been at an all-time low, rendering me unable to reliably run them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2481 (isolation #149) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:51 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2466, Isis wrote:Can you be more specific about your doubts mastina? It seems the headcount on support is very high
Oh I thought I responded to this but looking, it appears I never did.

My doubt is not on the panth = pants connection.

That half I got. That's the half I liked, in fact.

My doubt is on the seize-the-day = panth half of it, that's the half I don't really understand its relationship to panth and wanted people to convince me more on. Can you explain why panth's overall site presence is representative of seizing the day?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2482 (isolation #150) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2477, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Can we have a status update re: Laser-Guided Bomb?
I honestly don't like it as a davesaz title. It feels incredibly forced and doesn't really give me any connotations of him anywhere on the site. davesaz might give rather precise points and give some good thoughts, but those qualities while they do represent him well, don't connect at all to the title in my opinion.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2502 (isolation #151) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:00 am

Post by mastina »

I think at this point, gonna go with the
48 hours
on
Carpe Denim
for pants: (expired on 2020-08-07 18:00:00)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2508 (isolation #152) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:57 am

Post by mastina »

(More discussion needed there.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2514 (isolation #153) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:15 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2512, Isis wrote:I like the title but can't articulate my reasoning at all
I don't
hate
it, but I also don't like it, at least lacking the reasoning to back it. It doesn't resonate with me just from the text as being representative of Auro in my experiences with him as a player.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2542 (isolation #154) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2533, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2526, Isis wrote:I'm fundamentally opposed to titles based on unusual rand sequences. They don't actually indicate anything about the user.
i think that recognizing interesting, funny, or otherwise notable events that happen to people are another good and historical purpose of titles. even if it doesn't reflect on the user's personality or anything, it reflects something notable about them
I actually feel similarly to this, in that I feel like titles based around humorous rng and disproportionately rolling certain roles are good, but I recognize also that there's a similar title for Korina not based on Korina's RNG but rather Korina's personality, and that the title is likely to fade quickly. I want more discussion before making a decision here.
In post 2541, Pink Ball wrote:nth mad hatter
The support is there and I actually get it, so the impetus is on any opposition to the title to give any reason not to move forward with it:
48 hours
on
Mad Hatter
for
Hectic
:
(expired on 2020-09-15 06:10:49)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2608 (isolation #155) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:43 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2588, Psyche wrote:I think we should both have high standards for titles AND give out a lot of them!
For the record, this is my mindset as well!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2613 (isolation #156) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:40 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2611, Gamma Emerald wrote:happy cake day mastina!
12 years!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2617 (isolation #157) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2615, McMenno wrote:please remove kublai khan's title
To my knowledge, I've not received a request from the title holder himself to remove it--should I, I shall happily oblige, but until such a time, I don't see the reason for removal?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2620 (isolation #158) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by mastina »

I also like it, but want more feedback.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2628 (isolation #159) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by mastina »

And with that, we have the support to move on:
48 hours
for
Splatoon Tetris
for
tris
: (expired on 2020-10-24 02:23:01).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2683 (isolation #160) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by mastina »

Having a good title already is not a reason to shut down discussion of a title for a user, so if there are anti-noms to Hectic titles, they should be based around flaws in the title nominations (some of the suggestions do seem to have genuine flaws with them e.g. not fitting), not based on "Hectic's current title is better".
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2705 (isolation #161) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by mastina »

I think the question isn't if to go forward with this, but which to go forward with, and I think the answer is "why not both and let the titlee decide?". :P

So,
48 hours
on
The Real Friend
or
The Real Title
for
PrivateI
: (expired on 2020-11-07 03:20:41).
If you have objections to one/both, speak now or forever hold your peace.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2751 (isolation #162) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2732, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Titles based on usernames are dumb. I thought there would be more thought put behind this, like referencing their personality or something actually interesting.
For the record--I am not opposed to titles referencing usernames
if
the title has appeal beyond that, referencing key aspects of the user and emphasizing positive features about them.

But a title that is primarily a username-based one where the justification for the title is forced and/or references something we don't want to title people off of, is probably not going to pass.
In post 2748, xofelf wrote:*slams hands on the table* Where's Monty's acceptance(or i guess he can refuse but i'd rather he didn't) speech?
Presumably coming as soon as I send the PM. :P
(Which I just did now.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2769 (isolation #163) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2762, Jingle wrote:
In post 2757, Aristophanes wrote:Inb4 yall get a warning for being off topic
pffft. Mastina thinks I'm too entertaining to warn about being off topic.
(Actually it more stems from the fact that I know that some titles that're really damn good have originated from off-topic discussions, so a few off-topic posts I won't mind on occasion, but if you're gonna post pages upon pages of it and/or do it constantly, then we're gonna have issues.)
In post 2765, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 2762, Jingle wrote:Nom Nero for Last Centurion.
I love this!
Nth
For the record, while I feel like Jingle's explanation of the title was a little bit forced, some parts of his nomination do resonate with me in that Nero does genuinely give off the vibe quite frequently of being, so to speak, 'the old man whose ways have largely died out'. While he's far from the only geriatric player onsite, and while the title is partially a username reference, this particular title feels like it's unique to him and not generically applicable to everyone and is more than just a cheap username pun, in that it feels like it might work specifically because of being not one of those traits but a combination of both.

So, I feel like this has potential, but I do want some rather extensive further discussion on it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2783 (isolation #164) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by mastina »

Actually, Nero Cain was a part of a
hydra
, I forget if it was Gollum or Smeagol. He never piloted it solo I believe.

(That said, none of the LOTR-themed titles even remotely resonate to me for Nero. They don't seem to fit.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2811 (isolation #165) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by mastina »

For the record--I feel like the efforts to title Noraa come across as rather forced.
I'm not shutting them down, but so far they're not exactly looking like quality titles to me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2904 (isolation #166) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:49 pm

Post by mastina »

I love the line of thought on the OGML title but I'm not sure if we've got the best* iteration of it.

(*Perfect is the enemy of good, but I more mean, I'm not sure we have a title that's Good
TM
here yet, so I want more discussion so we can hone in and refine on the idea. It's a decent start but I feel like we should do better than what we have right now.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2980 (isolation #167) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:07 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2934, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2933, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2814, Gamma Emerald wrote:maybe "fluffy tsunami" to fit her general motif of being a furry animal (puppy/bear) + the tsunami thing?
nth Noraa for “fluffy tsunami”

I think that’s both brilliant and accurate.
You know I actually kinda like this for Noraa.
In post 2940, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I still think you're trying to fit nora with a title.
While this is definitely true for most of the titles, I actually think that fluffy tsunami fits all of the qualities I have for a title for a user. It is something that I believe is very characteristic of Noraa in a way unique to her, the title doesn't feel like it'd apply to others as well as her, it feels apt for her playstyle, fitting what she does, and overall, I think that it actually has quality to it.

On that note:
In post 2945, Alchemist21 wrote:Drawn from Memory?
I feel the same way about this nomination for Datisi as I do for the Noraa nomination, although I admit I am less familiar with Datisi and less able to verify how well it fits.

Given this,
48 hours
for
fluffy tsunami
for Noraa: (expired on 2020-12-24 08:07:30).

For Datisi, going to finish reading this thread and if there's not more talk there, I want more there to help verify that, yes, my initial feeling is accurate that it IS highly apt for Datisi, and then if I see this I'll give that same 48 hour treatment.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2981 (isolation #168) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:11 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2961, Noraa wrote:Not sure if I'm supposed to say anything about names
You're not, until the title fairy approves it, but in this case I'm going to make the judgement call to not penalize you for it because I believe you were genuinely unaware, and you did so without malice, and that there was support for this line of thought without you contributing. (Lacking any of those three, though, this would delay a person's eligibility. But given all three, in this specific instance, I am willing to let it slide, just with the reminder to others: don't do this, because you doing it is likely not going to get the pass I'm giving Noraa here.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2982 (isolation #169) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:19 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2969, Menalque wrote:Like, take the datisi title in comparison -- I think that really ties in with how he's related to the site (the artwork he's done) and contains something memorable about him that's been displayed for a while (his excellent memory for specific moments in games), and feels unique.
As I said before, I want one or two more vouches for this on Datisi, then I'll approve it.
In post 2969, Menalque wrote: In contrast, I can think of like... at least 3 other users off the top of my head who "Fluffy Tsunami" would fit just as well as it fits noraa.
I actually cannot. Fluffy Tsunami actually feels like, to me, a (near-)perfect encapsulation of a significant portion of Noraa's presence/personality, while also being a combination that I do think is unique to her that isn't a fit to anyone else.

A title for being fluffy? Generic, not unique to her. A title for being a tsunami? Generic, not unique to her. A title with fluff and tsunami? Not inherently unique to her. But I feel like, specifically, 'fluffy tsunami', IS unique to her, in a way that I genuinely don't see applying to any other player. You'd have to hard-sell me on that specific word combo being applicable to another user as well as it is applicable to Noraa because from my experience, it IS fitting to her in a way not fitting to any other user.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3052 (isolation #170) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3029, Ythan wrote:Remember that this is a thread for positivity and good.
^
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3073 (isolation #171) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:08 am

Post by mastina »

(For the record I'm actually too scared to try and successfully implement a blank title for a user given that there's actually 'blank' titles in the title fairy admin panel--about half a dozen of them, in fact. I've never investigated them and I'm worried of fucking something important up there.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3128 (isolation #172) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by mastina »

RE: Syryana, doesn't quite seem people have settled in on a title and I'm not going to make an executive decision there yet, so keep talking there some more.
In post 2980, mastina wrote:For Datisi, going to finish reading this thread and if there's not more talk there, I want more there to help verify that, yes, my initial feeling is accurate that it IS highly apt for Datisi, and then if I see this I'll give that same 48 hour treatment.
Given the worst's explanation and the adamant support:

48 hours
for
Drawn from Memory
for
Datisi
: (expired on 2021-01-02 02:33:43).
In post 3097, Cabd wrote:
Nom midwaybear for the title "Obtusebear"

I will cite examples in followup, but to those who have had the pleasure of playing with him, I feel it is fairly self-evident.
You will in fact need to give that followup as I do not have any idea on this.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3139 (isolation #173) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3135, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@Mastina?
What? Noraa got her title, and there's 6 hours left for Datisi.

Though that brings me to this:

I'm moving forward with
48 hours
for
Always Andy
for
Syryana
: (expired on 2021-01-03 20:33:35).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3173 (isolation #174) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:36 pm

Post by mastina »

Huh. That's odd.

I handed out Noraa's title on Christmas day (at her request).
Even in the title fairy control panel, fluffy tsunami was already there and Noraa was already listed as someone whose name I had typed before, but for some reason the title wasn't on Noraa in spite of me handing it out on December 25th.

Dunno what caused it to reset, wasn't me, but it should be back again.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3184 (isolation #175) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3181, Infinity 324 wrote:Honestly the lowercase feels more whimsical and it fits for me
That's why I went with it, more or less, actually.
I thought fluffy tsunami fit better than Fluffy Tsunami for Noraa.

I do tend to go with the original title suggestion by default, but sometimes I do make title fairy discretion in my choice.

But yes, ultimately, if someone with a title asks me to change the capitalization of the first letter in a word in their title, I would, within reason, change it to their preference.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3200 (isolation #176) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3189, Noraa wrote:I'm going to drop a couple noms that I think are good :O

JacksonVirgo - Kpop Daddy

I dunno if Jacko is fine with the daddy part cuz I could see them being like "no"

About the title, I think one of the reasons for it is that Jacko always has a Kpop prfpc and is super into Kpop.

Jacko's current and 2 old prfpcs are the only ones I've seen but the first is Lay Zhang from EXO.
The second is Wonho, ex MonstaX member.
The current is Ten from NCT.

Image -> Image -> Image

Jacko modded Mini 2174 - Korean Pop music where they had songs they liked in every vee cee(those were some bomb songs)

Examples: here, here, here, here, and many more

Jacko start games with Kpop related posts sometimes. Example: here!

Overall, I think Jacko loves Kpop and it shows in their games, gtkas, and prfpc.

My only concern is the Daddy part so if anyone has any suggestions for a better word to go with Kpop, that'd be cool. I just know the Kpop part is like MANDATORY for a Jacko title.

Some other possibilities could be like Kpop Obsession(very accurate) or Kpop Monbebe(MonstaX's fandom are called Monbebe :O)
Kpop Wenee could be possible as well since Wonho left MonstaX and Wenee is his personal fandom name.
Anything to do with Aussies could work as well. Upside down Kpoper(this could be an incredible title honestly) Aussie Kpop(this could be incredible too). I think too many words fit really really well and I can't decide T^T. I'd like to hear some commentary pls.
You know, the other nominations may or may not be good, but I actually love this one--can we get more talk there?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3211 (isolation #177) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3210, Cabd wrote:
In post 3206, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Lady mastina, how do we handle Hdyra titles?
A hydra would need to have a seriously established identity in and of itself to come close to qualifying imo.
^

There are some hydras I can think of which work like that, e.g. Heartless (Anti/TTH), Reasonably Rational (Cerb/Drixx), but for it to be one I'd go for, they need to currently be active onsite as of this year, and have stayed active, played in multiple games, and have something unique to them as that hydra, a unique magic which makes the hydra transcend into being basically a different player than either head individually would be.

Hydras like that are few and far between.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3237 (isolation #178) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by mastina »

I'm ambivalent to this because people have been snagging page-bottoms for the meme just as long as people have been snagging page-tops for the meme (major point against the title for Gypyx), but this specific iteration of page-bottom is something I admit I haven't seen from another scummer (a fair point in favor of the title).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3258 (isolation #179) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3257, Noraa wrote:this doesn't resonate with me but I'm interested in hearing other opinions on it.
^
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3289 (isolation #180) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3286, Dannflor wrote:I don't really get the mean/sarcastic vibe from sharp note
I get the more clever/quick vibe
^
Given that, I'm comfortable moving forward with
48 hours
on
Sharp Note
for
Bell
: (expired on 2021-02-06 20:28:54).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3317 (isolation #181) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:41 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3305, bugspray wrote:nom shiki for Mechanical Mistress
My main problem with this: it feels way way WAY too generic and applicable to others.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3318 (isolation #182) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:44 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3313, Equinox wrote:
Nominate Untrod Tripod for His Name Was

There once was an Admiral of the Ocean Seas who simultaneously did his job and did not do his job, requiring an otterly busy administrator to kick him back into gear. Untrod Tripod his name was.
I will not be answering any further questions at this time.
For this one, more interested, but to be blunt: right now I don't really get it; I apparently am missing that section of site history from my memory (which is surprising given my otherwise familiarity with mafiascum lore), so I legit don't have the knowledge background to have a base for this one; I actually need that elaboration to get a better grip on it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3359 (isolation #183) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3358, Ythan wrote:Weird to see one of those in here.
It makes sense; Title Fairy bans are usually done in here. I wasn't the one dishing it out because I hand out bans when I think it is necessary and isolated to this subforum whereas in the case of those posts I felt it was something that the site administration should weigh in on since it was possible a ban more severe than this subforum may have been warranted. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3362 (isolation #184) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by mastina »

While I like the title and I agree it fits, my concern is that it's a little generic, both for what it's for (Infinity does have the style but is far from unique in having that style), and for the title itself (what about the title 'Think Twice' evokes an image of Infinity? I can't see anything).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3394 (isolation #185) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by mastina »

You know what I actually like that for Ydrasse. It fits and does feel fairly unique to Ydrasse, so,
48 hours
on (some form of)
Twirls Hair
for
Ydrasse
: (expired on 2021-03-26 21:42:53).

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3429 (isolation #186) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:52 am

Post by mastina »

Sure, I see it.
48 hours
on
Complex Draft
for
Gypyx
: (expired on 2021-03-31 18:52:22).
(Speaking of titles, contacting Ydrasse now.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3437 (isolation #187) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by mastina »

On reflection I want more discussion on the Gypyx title.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3476 (isolation #188) » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:34 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3454, hellbooks wrote:For your consideration:
lilith2013 for Spice of Life

1. recognizably into spicy food
2. threadmaster for a lot of different topics / interests / hobbies. hence, variety
I love it especially given the pun from it, so,
48 hours
for
Spice of Life
for
lilith
: (expired on 2021-04-10 17:34:18).

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3482 (isolation #189) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:20 pm

Post by mastina »

Was getting to it today. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3492 (isolation #190) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3490, Bell wrote:
Nom SirCakez for Is A Lie
I laughed. Rather heartedly.

I realize it is a username pun, but unironically it does kinda apply to SirCakez--dude's gotten, what, like...eight back to back to back scumgames and in literally each one was trying to evolve his scumplay to not be caught? My concern there is that, username pun aside, that aspect is incredibly temporary, and the aspect the nomination is actually meant for (SirCakez's modded games), while much much longer lasting than the temporary meme of SirCakez permarolling scum, is also far more of a stretch (I can GET from "SirCakez mods complex games" to "Is A Lie", implying a level of bastard modding, but it's not an easy leap to make which feels a bit problematic to me).

So would love more feedback there.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3507 (isolation #191) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:23 pm

Post by mastina »

Alright, I think I'm gonna move forward with this:
72 hours
for
Is A Lie
for
SirCakez
: (expired on 2021-04-23 02:23:40).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3523 (isolation #192) » Tue May 25, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by mastina »

Btw I handed out the scummies/mashies banners, come in here to complain about the inevitable mistakes I made because bannering users is the part of the job that I am least competent on and I 100% guarantee that I fucked up
somewhere
because no way in hell did I do it 100% right.
In post 3517, Cook wrote:
nominate TemporalLich for Grand Scheme

TemporalLich has the third-highest post count on the Grand Idea Mafia thread (at 994 posts, behind callforjudgement and Ircher, at 998 and 999, respectively), runs many Grand Idea-inspired setups and has created several new variants, including The Deck of Astral Roles and Grand Idea Planechase. In addition, TL has made significant contributions to the wiki in cleaning up outdated language and cleaning up pages.

I propose the title Grand Scheme, as both a play on the Grand Idea variants he has run and as a more serious outlook –– his GIM-like setup Deck of Astral Roles was created from the start to be run as a game (as a
grand scheme
), he's improved the wiki in the
grand
scale and his contributions are felt and will be felt for much time to come in the
grand scheme of things
I quite like this!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3527 (isolation #193) » Thu May 27, 2021 12:53 am

Post by mastina »

Moving forward with
48 hours
on
Grand Scheme
for
TemporalLich
: (expired on 2021-05-29 07:53:31).
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3546 (isolation #194) » Thu May 27, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In my defense it was 4 am and I was deadass tired as fuck at the time so didn't notice the typo.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3566 (isolation #195) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by mastina »

(As a heads-up, in the worst-case scenario of the possible aftermath of this, I may not be able to effectively do my job here.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3569 (isolation #196) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by mastina »

I quite like it; anyone else wanna chime in?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3588 (isolation #197) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:50 pm

Post by mastina »

Gonna move forward on
48 hours
on "I Reject Your Corporeality..." for
esuriospiritus
: (expired on 2021-06-21 04:50:07).

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3664 (isolation #198) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by mastina »

(Chiming in to say I am indeed watching the discussion but there needs to be quite a bit more before I take further action.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3718 (isolation #199) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3682, CheekyTeeky wrote:
Nom NancyDrew39 for Heaven Scent
Not gonna lie I really like this. It took me an ashamingly long amount of time for me to get the pun, but once I did, I went, "OH!!!", and honestly that's the exact sort of pun that I think is good for a title.

Still needs more discussion there though.

(Also unrelated but while it would seem the House-Ythan talk has concluded already, if it hadn't already, this is me explicitly saying: cut it out. I'm debating what to do with it, if it should be moved or just removed but in either case, this is a thread for title nominations and discussion of titles that have been nominated. We have a different thread for policies, but even in that thread, I expect people to be respectful and follow site rules and such. And so too should you, here.)

Return to “Player Titles”