she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Isis »

VOTE: MURDERCAT!
<3
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:33 am

Post by Isis »

I don't really see how setup spec can help but I'm also not super stressed about people getting rolefished by it. I think it will just generally be more gamewinning to dayplay well.
This just kinda seems like a setup where the scum got to have lots of fun picking what roles they want to use but for everyone else it's just a normal queue game.

I played a Marvel flavored version of this game off-site and rolled cop and fucked up my investigation result crumbs to gamethrow, but mostly it just seemed like a Normal game to me (in a normal queue game crumbing too unclearly as cop is similarly bad!).
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Isis »

I like exorcists so far, I think they have an eagerness to progress through low information phase and past that's plus town.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Isis »

Oh I thought that was a bugspray hydra, is bugs not anywhere in this game? :(
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Isis »

you're right tho
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:44 am

Post by Isis »

In post 35, PlusJOYED wrote:so maf have rolecop, roleblocker and non consecutive strongman. thats 5 so we must have 8
I don't wanna speculate on prs this early but I have a suspicion of 1 existing due to the mafia picking a strongman
ahh people beat me to it
ill toss this here for now
VOTE: murdercat
Is this arbitrary, or are you a believer in voting people who already have some votes in RVS?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Isis »

In post 44, MURDERCAT wrote:Tayl0r I remember you saying that it took you a while to get going as scum in our last game together. Based on that, I read your early memeing as townie as, I feel like you would be a little more hesitant to post something like as scum even though it's an obvious joke. (I certainly feel that way as scum). What do you think of that read?
Tayl0r made posts like that in our Noir game, at least one time, she said "should someone tell me what I should be thinking" after I had just explained that I thought only scum would say that

That was later in the game so if you think she would only do that midgame and not during the beginning you could go with that I guess. I think it's probably within her range to do it as both alignments though.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #107 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Isis »

I've failed to read Norwee correctly before, but I have played an awful lot of opens where he rolled scum.

Generally I think he's easiest to figure out by determining how performative he's being. The time he tricked me was when he made a few wallposts that felt a little Hollywood but seemed so solid and logicky I wanted to townread them anyway.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #111 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Isis »

In post 108, xofelf wrote:Hollywood?
Acting, dramatic, scripted.
Spoiler:
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #169 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Isis »

In post 147, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 146, egotisi wrote:my two cents on ~setup specc~, anything going further than the obvious "scum picked [role] so town probably has [the role that is a counterplay to]" is risking slips which are imo more likely to happen to PRs than to scum so let's not
In post 55, Battle Mage wrote:Taylor-town does not give impression of trying. Taylor appears to be trying here. Ergo, Taylor scum.
which taylor posts up until here gave you an impression that she's "trying"? or like, what do you mean by trying here?
In post 116, PlusJOYED wrote:This is odd but I actually have 0 clue on who scum could be, and I think taylor vs BM was NAI. I have some weak townreads though.
i found this a bit surprising, at this point i was feeling like i had like one and a half weak townread (exorcists and maaaybe murdercat) with a whole buncha people either being null or south of null (RanCan for stuff, BM with the questionable push, and xof/norwee feeling active-lurky)

can you share your townreads?
In post 128, Exorcists wrote:also i got the same feeling on the tone from xofelf!

VOTE: Random Canadian
?

-tisi
this game im gonna try something different and not be open about all of my townreads since andres said that was a bad idea my last game, and I think not sharing townreads makes you less prone to being manipulated. I will share any of my SR's though

i have 4 decent townleans and 1 weak townlean
Is andres the first person you've heard this from? Early in my career I didn't believe in discussing townreads, not because of manipulation, but because I don't want them to get NKed. But nowadays I have a view of mafia that everyone should just mouth off absolutely everything they're thinking because everyone can get reads that way andy in the end, it matters the most.

I'm hoping for some sort of how-the-sausage-is-made stuff from you whether or not it's townreads because I couldn't read you in Menagerie and I don't actually think I had enough to work with.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #170 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Isis »

this "RC" nicknaming convention is gonna be a hella struggle
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Isis »

exorcists is bleeding green at this point so I'll +1 them, VOTE: RandomCanadian
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #176 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Isis »

yeah I believe in hiding townreads occasionally, just not as a default.
I don't know how I feel about the idea of lying about townreads just to mess with the nightkill strategy, but I guess there's some never say never I just haven't delved into before. I fakeclaimed my role as town for the first time this year or last year.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #177 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Isis »

The other RC is Canadian, though, MURDERCAT
The nickname should be "Random"
The other RC is not random.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #198 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Isis »

In post 193, Noraa wrote:you say u dont want to spectate then continue to spectate
Are you calling him scummy?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #209 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Isis »

I'm town, but I don't think Noraa is. That answer from her doesn't bode well.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #211 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Isis »

Quotewalling a bunch of things you don't have alignment conclusions from comes from scum more than town. I thought she might have thought it was scummy and was hoping to argue with her about it but it just seems narraty.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #230 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:13 am

Post by Isis »

You're that positive Swift is scum? I have to share Plus's incredulity.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #231 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Isis »

Battle Mage are you the kind of player who exaggerates confidence to make a point, is just always confident, or usually isn't and somehow Taylor is just the scummiest thing ever?
It does seem disproportionate but it reminds me of Noir a lot and it didn't mean you were scum there
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #265 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Isis »

VOTE: Noraa
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #270 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Isis »

I usually tend to believe in keeping my vote on the things that seem scummiest instead of voting in clumps for pressure.

Noraa keeps treating Battle Mage like she knows he's town and seems like she's trying hard to look protown.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #272 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Isis »

I appreciate the transparency
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #281 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Isis »

Noraa since you didn't omgus me does that mean we aren't friends? :(
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #284 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Isis »

Because it's only okay to bully friends that will know you're teasing.
If you bully random strangers it's mean.
That's why Kanna bullies me.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #287 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Isis »

So that means we're already friends and you don't have to bully me?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #291 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Isis »

Can I find scum and put you in charge of the ass whooping part? I don't like that part, I could just pick people for you though
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #293 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Isis »

VOTE: xofelf
Let's pick on xof, Plus makes some sense.
I want to get them deeper into this game too
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #295 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Isis »

and read town to me. I think I've already mentioned to you I don't need my vote to feel people out, I can do it with my voice. My vote is more a symbol of who seems scummiest.

Seeing how you would respond is part of that.

"I think Isis will be at a scum lean" sounds like justifying a scumread rather than explaining one, speaking of, why aren't you voting me?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #298 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Isis »

oh no

an S_S acolyte

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #300 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Isis »

S_S is this person onsite who never votes until the end of the day and I always argue with him
I think it's more challenging for me to get the right read when I have a philosophy difference with somebody
I'll get there eventually
I won't count it against you so I'm back at undecided with you
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #430 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:30 am

Post by Isis »

Prodge
Will read soon
Sheep whatever exorcists is doing
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #483 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Isis »

In post 320, Dunnstral wrote:I don't think it's bad for Noraa to be assuming BM is town
Do you want to explain why? Because usually knowing other people are town based only on reading your own role PM is a Bad Thing.
In post 316, egotisi wrote:hmm
isis, why are 279/280 towny to you? like they read like null-to-maaaaybe-nullscum posts to me
279 has townslip equity from the incorrect probability being more blaring if she's participating in a scum PT that doesn't include 50% of the town. She could still post it as either alignment but that skews town.
280's particular brand of remorse for a hypothetical Isis vote seems like part of her headspace is thinking about it as gamethrowing. It seems harder for it to come about if she knows we're not aligned.
I'm not surprised by disagreement about 280 since it does have some performative to it.

Spoiler:
In post 338, xofelf wrote:If you're gonna vote me, you mind spelling my name right? Sorry, yesterday my computer was exploding and I hate typing via mobile. I get it, I tend to look like I'm barely contributing and only posting for the sake of it. That's kind of my thing though. I watch and I wait, I ask questions to see if the reactions to them feel a weird type of way or not, and I observe. That's just how I play, which does usually mean people tend to feel a type of way about that but y'all do you. Not a super readslist kind of person, not that great at mechanically solving. But sometimes I notice when people feel off from how they normally do. Yes I joined in 2008, but I play incredibly rarely. I did play a bunch of games this past year, but it had been a good two or three before that, and the one I played was an invitational. My luck is that I roll roles I dislike playing more often than I roll the ones that I find entertaining and fun. I'm not scum but I don't expect y'all to believe me anyways.

Thoughts I have as I've been reading but hadn't had a chance to share at all. PlusJOYED feels opportunistic, and like they'll go for whatever vote they can get enough traction on, and I'm always a real easy target. Tayl0r I don't feel so weird about but they didn't start off great. I still like BM, he feels reasonable. Isis I've played both a scum and town game with this past year, and I know she hates scum and gives off an air of indecision and stress when she's not town that I don't think I'm seeing here. Murdercat I'm getting some town vibes from, feels like someone who uses votes as reaction testing rather than questions or statements, which is fair. Noraa is a ball of exerberance but that's just her as a person, and I can't get any sort of read on her one way or another cuz the excitability is pretty NAI. egotisi I like, but I may just be fond cuz it's Datisi and George Bailey, not that they're doing anything particularly standout at the moment. Jewel Barons I want to see more from, but this feels like town!Gamma posting, what I expect to see from him. Random Canadian, who? No really, who, I have nothing about them and I'm sure they've posted to, but they register at all. Same goes for Exorcists, but them I have a slight favourbility towards. I may have to actually effort and iso for anything there. Cobrakai is fine? Pretty null though, but replacement vibes. Dunnstral sure is a man who exists. But not in a bad way, just a quieter way.

So the tl;dr of that is:
"You, keep talking":
Murdercat
BattleMage
egotisi
Jewel Barons
Isis

People who exist allegedly:
Dunnstral
Random Canadian
Exorcists
Cobrakai

Noraa:
Noraa

Much nose wrinkling in their direction:
Tayl0r
PlusJOYED

This seems town indicative from xof, and the kind of potential response that made me think a vote on them was likely to be more useful than elsewhere.
tl;dr, I don't think much of this seems like what xofelf would think we want from them.
I feel sad Noraa is specialer than me though :(

Spoiler:
In post 371, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 74, xofelf wrote:
In post 73, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 71, xofelf wrote:Why are you so sure it won't?
just ignore her
Fair sentiment, may just. But I'm genuinely curious why she thinks that. The explanation you and Murdercat gave seemed solid enough to me as to why it was a bad idea.
In post 119, xofelf wrote:Could just be dumb instead of scum. I don't underestimate people's abilities to just be bad.

I do think I need more time to have any sort of reads on anybody, but I do think I at least like where BM's head is at. Reminds me of a handful of other players that I've had good feelings about in the few games I've played this year.

Also hi Gamma <3
these two posts are unbelievably rude considering we dont know each other at all. and that might be coloring my xofelf read. on the other hand, it seems like a really cheap reason to scumread someone and dismiss them without actually having to do any work to sort them, so this also genuinely pings me as scum.

then theres the readlist from xofelf. from xofelfs self meta, they are a tone/gutreader like me. and they often have strange reads and get scumread like me. consequently, id expect us to be very much on the same page. and i generally trust myself to be pretty accurate with confident townreads, even if my scumhunting leaves something to be desired. so the fact that xofelf hasnt sorted a lot of the people i have, and has sorted as town some of the people im still waiting to sort really pings me hard.

VOTE: xofelf

i still dont like how fast the RC wagon fell apart for no reason other than "ooh a shiny"

that said, i was ready to move on to a more serious wagon myself, but RC has not done anything to deserve that votes move away. in fact, im a bit concerned that RC seems to have dodged the thread for the most part since the wagon formed.

This doesn't seem like a natural response to those posts. I guess both town and scum ought to feel better instead of worse when they get a hallpass for ineptitude that is going to get them townread, but it makes more sense for scum!Taylor to be upset due to a lack of control. If that makes sense.
In post 398, Random Canadian wrote:
In post 307, Random Canadian wrote:Also, I want to take a look at the people on my wagon. I get why the wagon formed but it was a surprise to me to come back to it mainly because I just wasn't on between posts too much. Plus also mentioned he thought there might be scum on my wagon. This is mainly for me to look at tomorrow deeper because I need to get some sleep now.

Taylor: 9, 152, 276
Exorcists: 17, 128,
egotisi: 31
Isis: 173
MURDERCAT: 178
Getting back to looking at this, I like the Isis vote the least in . At the very least, it's against her playstyle of sorting people by talking to them rather than voting as she didn't address me at all and just followed Excorcists vote. I also found their progression to leave the wagon to reaction bait Noraa and then townreading her in was weird. I don't have a problem with their vote on Xofelf to "get them in deeper" but the transition from against Noraa to trying to get them to vote her with throws up some red flags for me.

VOTE: Isis
It depends a ton on what I expect a vote to do. I cared a lot more about what a small pile of votes on xofelf would do, since I know them well enough to know they're pretty likely to get more sortable if voted just a bit.
I guess the main thing I was trying to whine about is that I think there's lots of meta on MS of putting people who will be less readable at E1 at E1 and then people use confbias to read how they react. The staler your wagon got the more I was feeling worried about re-enacting that phenomenon (cause whenever you could check the thread again, the same number of votes would feel more serious), so I was interested in doing something else.

In post 401, PlusJOYED wrote:norwee we've played with scum noraa before
can you elab more on your noraa scumread
peddit: nah there are other reasons too. I feel like RC is
flailing
a bit rn
Like this lol see what I'm talking about XD
confbias recipes
I disagree with plus and like the thinking shown in voting me.
In post 403, Noraa wrote:
In post 401, PlusJOYED wrote:norwee we've played with scum noraa before
can you elab more on your noraa scumread
peddit: nah there are other reasons too. I feel like RC is flailing a bit rn
1)the games ongoing so don't u dare say anything about that
2)plus you have more experience with scum Noraa than norwee. why are you not trying to solve me? All I see is you agreeing with Taylor that I'm hard to solve and then asking Norwee to solve me. Can't you solve me urself? I don't think town!plus hesitates to solve me rn or talks about me this much while never directly solving. I could see town!plus completely avoiding me bc he is not confident he can solve me or actively trying hard to solve me. I cannot see town!plus actively engaging me but backing away from solving and finding millions of excuses when no one even asked. You seem to think you have to talk about me to keep me not suspicious of u but you want to just go with the flow and blend into the rest of town.

I will be putting pressure here.

VOTE: Plus
This... looks like someone looking for "valid" reasons to give someone demerits, then using her vote the way she said she doesn't use it if she's town.
In post 413, Jewel Barons wrote:Can you provide the evidence for this because that's not accurate imo
Bold move to include this in a hedgy quotewall.
Locke13 in Death List, gobbledygook in Flying Scumsman, me, in like, certain cases, Flying Scumsman actually lol. This is definitely something that's empirical and not something I figured should be theoretically true and started looking for in games.
In post 439, Dunnstral wrote:Elephant in the room: Mod response implies the hydra is town
This modding has been, unique, hasn't it.
In post 448, MURDERCAT wrote:I request a neighborhood for me Isis and Noraa
!
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
In post 453, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 443, PlusJOYED wrote:In terms of ranking from town to scum, I'd say something like:

ego > exorcist > isis > jewels > tswift > murdercat > bm > cobra > dunnstral > rc > noraa > xofelf
Considering everyone to the left of me is your townreads, I'm neutral, and everyone to the right of me is your scumread, then from my point of view; you're either scum, townreading scum, or you're exactly right on your three scumreads. Given the basis for your reads, and general probability, it's probably one of the first two.
This looks a lot like scummy neener neenering I see scum do when a solve is wrong. Like, why post this? Town!you knows Plus can't play this game assuming you're town and that's not how it works. I expect scum!you to want to gloat, more.

___
I'm caught up and I want to VOTE: Noraa, it's been lots of bits and pieces too small to quote but the bits where she doesn't believe herself deserving to be townread doesn't make me want to townread her. It outweighs the things I liked.
Dunnstral seems scummy to me, but by now I think I've tallied enough read accuracy from him across games that I want him alive more than other players because a town!Dunnstral is going to solve the game for me.
I'd find Jewel Barons a little scummy for being sideliney if I ignored the PT thing, but I agree with Dunnstral about that being a strong push town and that matters more. And I'm used to not loving Gamma's posting until finally finding something I like on page 80.
If I had to pick another scum I think I'd pick Swift but I want to give her room to play right now.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #486 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Isis »

That's only going to make me feel better about it. It's usually the simple ones that actually flip with the red text
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #487 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Isis »

RC I recommend metaing plus if you feel motivated enough to do it.

I really didn't like town!Plus my first game with him and I think if this was my first game with him I would possibly be scumreading him rather than townreading him

He has funky approaches

I don't feel confident enough to outright fight the wagon building on him though.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #488 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Isis »

damnit now I'm doing it too
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #506 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Isis »

I was also surprised to see a Noraa vote at the end of the wall!

I'm in my head a lot about the read but even though I answered egotisi with what I was thinking at the time on re-evaluating my read it's been kind of needling me that maybe I shouldn't have re-evaluated it in the first place
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #511 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Isis »

501 does not seem towny to me at all

But I know it is very egg-on-face if I don't sort that town and should be able to

I feel like I have been mad at players like that as scum moreso than town because as town it seems like it could be weak scumplay that is more forgivable.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #513 (isolation #37) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Isis »

I like MURDERCAT
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #516 (isolation #38) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Isis »

@mod: I don't think you answered MURDERCAT, does the banshee ability generate unique kill flavor?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #520 (isolation #39) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Isis »

In post 514, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 511, Isis wrote:501 does not seem towny to me at all

But I know it is very egg-on-face if I don't sort that town and should be able to

I feel like I have been mad at players like that as scum moreso than town because as town it seems like it could be weak scumplay that is more forgivable.
Fair enough, what specifically stuck out to me was "you couldn't explain a TR that should be pretty easy to explain to murder" which makes me think Noraa has been tracking this stuff and is genuinely feeling frustration.
In post 657, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 623, Vecna wrote:Oversoul van be my ride or die homey

The frustration from the HH slot also feels somewhat genuine
Scum can experience genuine frustration
This quote has always stuck with me and the author is around :3
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #526 (isolation #40) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Isis »

Thinking a town!Plus is gonna get townread anyway. And lo and behold you unvoted plus
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #531 (isolation #41) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Isis »

I sus you Noraa what are you gonna do about it!?!?!?!?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #538 (isolation #42) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Isis »

I haven't meta dived you, I rarely read people's older games to read them nowadays. I have to be extremely curious about something.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #552 (isolation #43) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #556 (isolation #44) » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Isis »

I think the mods are doing a shitacular job. I either genuinely believe that or hope this will prompt them to interact with me to spew me :good:
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #608 (isolation #45) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Isis »

I think "setting up chain lynches" is a little too conspiratorial. That's something I've seen feared since the dawn of time, but I've never gone into a scum PT afterwards and found out that scum actually set up an X or Y fully expecting to ruin two days with it.

Gesturing at a pair of players and saying you think there's at least one scum in there somewhere and picking one to try and see hasn't ever been a method I've ever found very strong, though.

wow the pedits
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #611 (isolation #46) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Isis »

I have some curiousity about how worth that line of scumplay is, my belief that it's rare doesn't mean I believe it's a weak play.
That's kind of an offtopic curiousity though
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #613 (isolation #47) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Isis »

In post 574, Noraa wrote:
In post 572, Cobra Kai wrote:Joyed and datisi hydra

Not sure on scumreads. Was planning to reread at some point. Nothing is standing out as overtly scummy- I don’t particularly understand why joyed or Noraa are the leading wagons presently. Feels TvT.

Battle mage and Taylor

Not sure at this point in time.
This is actually such a bad answer to murder's question.
I was intrigued by this actually, but I don't think you developed it?
Digame enemiga
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #615 (isolation #48) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Isis »

In post 562, Noraa wrote:Isis explain your progression on me.
Part of it is seeing you post stuff a lot that's ostensibly content but doesn't draw conclusions about other players. It reads to me like faux participation that's not organically leading to you developing reads that would naturally occur for town!Noraa.

Shifting stances a dozen times in a page is a better look.

If you feel like you deserve more airtime, I can try to talk about you more I guess, you upgraded your avatar for it huh. The other slots I've discussed as scummy have mitigating reasons I don't want to vote for them.

pedit: Are you saying you would be capable of write in sixty seconds if you needed to and that's bad, or that you could spend sixty seconds explaining why 572 is bad if I repeated my request?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #621 (isolation #49) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Isis »

UNVOTE:
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #626 (isolation #50) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Isis »

I don't think Noraa's analysis of Kai actually says that much about Kai's alignment, but it looks solvey to me

I kind of don't want to vote everything, which is every game nowadays
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #627 (isolation #51) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Isis »

Noraa, why is + scummier than me?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #630 (isolation #52) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Isis »

Yeah I guess I kind of share the don't-get-it about finding plus scummy at all. I don't feel like you've outlined how there's more of a scum story than a townstory for what you're complaining about versus just not being happy with it.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #636 (isolation #53) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 632, Noraa wrote:
In post 626, Isis wrote:I don't think Noraa's analysis of Kai actually says that much about Kai's alignment, but it looks solvey to me

I kind of don't want to vote everything, which is every game nowadays
my analysis of kai is actually prolly the least solvey thing I've done. You changing around based off of terrible reasons is quite questionable.
In post 629, Cobra Kai wrote:Your case on plus is he won’t (and literally can’t) explain his read on you.
is that not a valid reason? He has a "strong SR" yet he can't explain any of it. You can't even explain to murder why a few people are townie. Like his reads are all nothing if he can't back them up and it just feels like scum wanting to seem like he put in effort when he actually isnt.
what would you say is the most solvey thing you've done, Noraa
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #637 (isolation #54) » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Isis »

it's fine to post "I scumread X player and am not going to say why due to the ongoing games rule" btw. Just not more
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #797 (isolation #55) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 638, Cobra Kai wrote:I know you want to vote everyone, but are there any standouts in particular isis?
There's actually more of a dearth of people I want to vote? I'm puzzling over Dunnstral's response to getting pushed but it seems town for him.
My mind might change as I finish this catchup but I think the scummiest active player left to me is Battle Mage with a lot of the remaining scum equity on quieter slots like Tayl0r.
In post 645, Noraa wrote:
In post 636, Isis wrote: what would you say is the most solvey thing you've done, Noraa
I've tried to solve multiple slots. I've tried to solve plus and you for the most part. Cobra isnt even someone I'm really trying too much to solve. I just dislike some things about them is all.
The point I was trying to make is since I know you're read on me is wrong and feel pretty confident your read on plus is wrong, can you get why points closer to agreement are more able to give me a better feeling about you? I'm only human, sometimes I can townread the manner in which someone is townreading me but most of the time I'm only going to see flaws.

In post 656, egotisi wrote:oh cool, so i wasn't blind when i couldn't find whatever 483 was referring to
. You don't seem to care about the dynamic, since you vote Gem Barons in this post. Did you disagree with Dunnstral's take, or do you think the slot is so so scummy you'd acknowledge it and think it needs to be the very first lim of the day? I think it's worth at least day 1 pass in a setup where hitting scum day 1 is really good because it's always a scum PR, even if it's not something you could bring to eLo and say keeps the slot out of PoE.
In post 695, Noraa wrote:your only point on me is my sussing of plus? lel ur SR is really weak too
oof
In post 715, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 662, Cobra Kai wrote:@Datisi- I’m experienced. I’m townreading you because I’ve seen you play scum, frankly.

Reread will hopefully come tonight or tomorrow. Depends when I get off work.
In post 667, Cobra Kai wrote:I’m not playing guess the alt and am intentionally disguising my go to phrases.
Always makes me laugh when people create a brand-new alt account to play a game, and then want to claim they have loads of experience.
Cobra Kai just said he had experience, not loads of experience. What would you prefer? That he lie and say this is his second game so we all misread him? Lots of ways of reading people function different on ~1 game players compared to ~20 game players.
In post 744, Jewel Barons wrote:Plus' posting on page 20 is awful and he deserves the votes he has
Could you quote one or two posts with why? The only complaint I remember is Noraa wanting people to not develop scumreads that are brickwalled by the ongoing games rule, but I think that's a legitimate thing that happens. I haven't been rereading much this game so I might have missed a more salient point.
In post 744, Jewel Barons wrote:Is this an invitation to speak?
Not a very serious thing, just haven't gotten to play with you since the fun of pocketing you in Scumsman, so hi :3
In post 755, Jewel Barons wrote:what's with the text garbage on the second line?
It's "tell me, enemy", in spanish, since Noraa said we are not amigas, but interestingly the word for enemy in Spanish is similar to the one for friend, isn't it neat?
In post 774, Noraa wrote:Half of it is fencesitty af and most of the rest is just words slapped onto a page that really don't help anyone.
Didn't you say you're fencesitty as town and you think it's fine? Why do you see it differently for Plus?
In post 775, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 750, Jewel Barons wrote:on page 22, noticed a lot of people pushing Dunn, I think he's made some commentary I don't think he would have made at this point as scum
I think scumStral tends to be a bit more sideliney

-GAMMA
This is interesting because I would consider Dunn to be sideliney this game
You have to calibrate for the fact that it's Dunn. I think you haven't played with him much at all, right?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #801 (isolation #56) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Isis »

Noraa has lots of unfairly caught scum vibes, but then I keep changing my mind

I think doing something with my vote is better than nothing so I'll go VOTE: Taylor for now.

Somewhat scummy that she'd warn people her energy was going to be lower instead of waiting to get pressured since she's usually so devil may care.

I'm townreading lots of things
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #825 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Isis »

Much of my thinking was that his read progressions don't make sense and the way he is mentioning reads doesn't fit well into pushing a player he wants to flip and trying to get other people to vote that person too, or being suspicious of someone and asking questions of that person to figure them out. It's a lot of tossing and changing places for no reason.

Generally when he articulates reasons they make sense, but it doesn't make sense that he is where his.

Like even if you spot him good faith on whatever excuse he is going to say about Datisi, why would he say, "I would be happy flipping egotisi today" while voting me and not seeming to scumread me any less than that scumleany reason he came up with? Shouldn't you be unhappy if you don't get your first choice?

Positioning is what I had in mind.
I kind of agree that Exorcists is bleeding obvtown though, whether that is scummy would just be paranoia over whether the weird timing of it was "I just reread some isos and Exorcists' obvtown iso is screamy" or "my partners pointed out/I realized I'm not townreading many people and Exorcists probably isn't getting voted out anyways" but I don't know how you'd pick one of those over the other.
Swift and Battle mage probably aren't both scum, and Swift doesn't look great either though?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #826 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Isis »

Swift show me your townsoul
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #828 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Isis »

Exorcist, Jewels, and actually Canadian.

I have lots of people I have a bit or piece to feel like they are townier than rand but I'm not excited to bet the game on them or something
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1158 (isolation #60) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Isis »

Infinity, why do you feel like MURDERCAT's "style" being close to yours proves a point that he's town? Like, usually when someone's playstyle is closer to mine, I have the opposite reaction, I get paranoid that I might townread them for something that's going to be part of how they play both alignments when they might really be scum. I spent a long time townreading scum in Nightless Vanilla because of this, also with a player I was meeting for the first time.

Have there been some aha moments that are really, really close to something you did as town once?
As Battle Mage has pointed out you probably didn't have a rolecard yet for most of this so it probably doesn't say much about your alignment but I think you should think about it. I think it's a better idea to fight excitement about people playing similar instead of leaning into it. For example: I think I play very different from Battle Mage in a lot of ways, so that makes me more willing sheep Alice on what to make of his shifts. (compared to, if my playstyle is similar to someone, and I
still
scumread something playstyle adjacent I'd be more likely to think I'm just right)

I feel better about Swift, I liked the "YAS LOOK AT ME" post, because I think she came up with it out of a genuine desire to see herself talked about which she liked in Menagerie and I think she didn't seem to like in Noir.

I'm going to switch to VOTE: egotisi, because I don't think either head has responded to me and that could very well be GeorgeBailey still horrified of my history catching him and consciously or subconsciously not wanting to keep me on the agenda.
If I had two votes I'd vote Noraa because her posting is making me nauseous again. Mis-stating whether her main points of interest started on her initiative or someone else's seems like the scum-indicative type of error (our earliest interactions in the game started with her saying she wanted to OMGUS me, so..).

Jewel Barons is continuing to be town with lots of his short posts giving me good pings. I say "his", Norwee seems to abandoned the game?

MURDERCAT does lots of stuff I like but isn't town, in a way, and the way Battle Mage approaches skepticism for the slot might be another part of me feeling better about BM. But I don't, like, scumread MURDERCAT (how do I teach my computer to capitalize it the way my phone does?)

I don't know anything else I need to talk about. I think I didn't actually say much about Infinity and that's because I don't know what I think about Infinity!

pedit: there's like 8 pedits and I'm not gonna read them.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1197 (isolation #61) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Isis »

1195 made me so fretful until I realized BM was talking about ingame mechanics >_<
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1201 (isolation #62) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Isis »

I added a keyboard macro for
MURDERCAT
! :happy:
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1681 (isolation #63) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Isis »

There's so much to read to catchup
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1682 (isolation #64) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Isis »

I think when I'm done I will probably agree with this page's pagetop lol
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1685 (isolation #65) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1535, PlusJOYED wrote:like i think she stalled it out to get a general consensus for what claim would be best. People liked the idea of Noraa VT and people townread X for a VT claim so she went with that
This reads really solvey to me
I want to townbin +
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1686 (isolation #66) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1630, Exorcists wrote: also we're debating on if lunch is a good word for execution, i don't like it but alice does

help

-mayuri
It is better to use terminology that is etymologically distinct, like elimination. Speaking as both a user and a member of site leadership
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1688 (isolation #67) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Isis »

I didn't want to get super quotey for everything I wanted to remark on, just those two things that seemed worth while. I'll click the iso button to read the playerlist and remember things from the ~15 pages worth talking about

Battle Mage - still feel pretty good here. I almost want to indulge the poor man with his Taylor elim even though I don't really see it.
egotisi - I would be skeptical of someone willfully ignoring alignment indicative information "for honor", but I had an aha moment that Datisi did in fact do that in Autumnal. I think the spew is actually alignment indicative, but, if Gamma's posting read null to me maybe I would feel more guilty
I'm not sure how to read egotisi.
MURDERCAT
calling my vote weak broke me a little inside and makes me feel like I don't have much I can bring to bear against the slot. I don't know who posted it but someone else said they seem like they are summarizing and feel IIoAish a lot and I think that's most of it.
Datisi wanting to murderize xofelf for claiming gave me townpings because that's the natural townie reaction.
Exorcists - Is Lance o.k.
Noraa - I want to hammer this soon. It seems more like she's faking townslips than townslipping to me, which is also like, something I would say metaphorically about the way she's been playing the game, not just mechanics stuff.
I think this is a point Infinity may have made or tried to make or maybe not, but, WIFOM is part of the game, and pushing for an interpretation of play that has some amount of weakness to WIFOM is part of the game, but making WIFOM arguments without appreciating or acknowledging the wine seems to come from scum more often than town. It's something I've experienced. In theory it could help both town and scum survive, it's one of those things I feel I don't have to understand to use as a guide just because it's a pattern I've seen before. So it's scum indicative. It's not like a brightline rule that you should start every other sentence with "I know this is WIFOM but" to be allowed to post, but there's something about the attitude and presentation that can differ. I don't think this will flip VT.
xofelf - xofelf does get annoyed at rolling VT even though they hardly play, so that's a nonfactor. Knowing they're a VT in a setup with tons of PRs is kind of a factor, I don't like yeeting outside of claimed VTs today, but Noraa is a great way to do that for now.
I think they're plenty capable of throwing a fake tantrum that looks a lot like their town tantrum should look like. But the VT claim makes me townread them more because of how I interpret their previous and subsequent posts. Cause like, they're not really having fun this game? Which has bummed me out a bit, because I invited them to play this game.
You can, actually, definitely clear xof and I as partners this game, because if we were scum together, xofelf would be climbing the furniture.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1690 (isolation #68) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Isis »

No
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1695 (isolation #69) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1692, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1690, Isis wrote:No
Awesome :) Thoughts on taylor and dunnstral?
Dunnstral is either just being the same alignment I've seen him be as town or emulating it pretty well. There's only so much I can townread someone who doesn't post a ton but you won't find my vote on a hypothetical Dunn flashwagon.

I haven't liked any of Taylor's play after liking the "YAS LOOK AT ME" post. I can't remember very much of it and like
MURDERCAT
says that's probably bad.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1696 (isolation #70) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Isis »

MURDERCAT
says that about players in general, to be clear, I don't remember if he applied that to Taylor
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1701 (isolation #71) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Isis »

She has like 25 posts after the YAS post, and it bothers me that I don't remember any of them
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1717 (isolation #72) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:10 am

Post by Isis »

would it be rude if I stole the hammer?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1720 (isolation #73) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:25 am

Post by Isis »

VOTE: noraa

Whether scum is lurking can depend on whether town is punishing posting or punishing not posting more or less. Since this is a game where the people who post a lot and interact are generally ruffling eachother's feathers I think scum would see this as an environment where not posting is better.

Though that's the side I'd fall on, I think the game is pretty close to "true neutral" on the matter, so it doesn't give me heartburn to flip noraa and find out if one of the loud people as scum.

It's unlikely -all- the loud people are scum because they've interacted with eachother the most and S-S theater is harder than it isn't, but that's any game.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1742 (isolation #74) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1741, PlusJOYED wrote:and yeah, I can check taylor if i'm not roleblocked or dead. But I probably will be
I hope it's roleblock, you've been fun to play with this game.
VOTE: egotisi

I guess I was in several people's dreams last night! Should we talk about it now or do a shortened day to keep scum in the dark more?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1754 (isolation #75) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Isis »

You should use the vig because you don't have to be alive to explain a vig, especially if egotisi flips roleblocker.

Don't tell us who you're going to vig though, because the scum will get to decide whether to roleblock you based on your pick.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1755 (isolation #76) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Isis »

I'd rather you didn't vig Exorcists Gamma Emerald or
MURDERCAT
though
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1773 (isolation #77) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Isis »

If I was scum and Cobra Kai copped me, he would vig me the next night.

I agree the Exorcists was crumbing a clearing result on Dunnstral, she weirdified her comment to make it crumby
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1774 (isolation #78) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Isis »

Now I want cake
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1781 (isolation #79) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1775, MURDERCAT wrote:Isn't there a roleblocker though?
A jillion people died last night, which makes it seem like people with the power to vig generally didn't get roleblocked. How many vigs are there supposed to be?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1789 (isolation #80) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1783, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1778, PlusJOYED wrote:Yeah I'm a WH and we have 2 dead WH. 1 maf kill, 3 dead bodies, and I'm guessing me and 1 other WH shot someone and the third was rbed.
This many?
I have a biased opinion about that I guess
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1792 (isolation #81) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:56 am

Post by Isis »

Ok that was supposed to be a gentle, when you look at it later soft, but, I was thinking this seems like a massclaim day anyway
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1798 (isolation #82) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Isis »

I'm a healer and I targeted Plus last night. It makes the bloodbath seem even crazier to me.

I'm a little frustrated that I protected a PR and we still lost two good PRs
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1799 (isolation #83) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:01 am

Post by Isis »

N1 I picked Exorcists for what that's worth.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1803 (isolation #84) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Isis »

I think it's infinity and xofelf, but I don't like the way
MURDERCAT
is playing either
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1805 (isolation #85) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Isis »

I did crumb my role if anyone cares, but scum know the roles, so that matters less than a normal setup.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1807 (isolation #86) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1804, MURDERCAT wrote:Is it possible to get that with the number of kills we have? If there is no rb?
What does this mean?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1809 (isolation #87) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Isis »

My PoE has shrunk a lot and lots of scummy people have died xof. You're towny if Tayl0r is what's everage but you're not that towny when people like
MURDERCAT
and Gamma are what's average
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1812 (isolation #88) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Isis »

I was looking forward to like having a dayphase today and to sort the unconfirmeds but I guess I understand the way you're misinterpreting Kai's post as a crumb. I played this exact setup offsite 3 months ago and the whole town misinterpreted one of my posts as a guilty crumb too, and town lost. It kind of sucks and I enjoy vanilla setups more mostly, but xof likes powers, and I am glad I got to play with them no matter who wins
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1814 (isolation #89) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1810, xofelf wrote:Is that how you always do it? The average shifts so you can support shifting reads that aren't due to content or actions?
It's not even a read, I really wanted to sort more today.
MURDERCAT
is either trying to corner me into things I can poke at or ask me for stances early for associative reasons and the latter is worth indulging but that doesn't mean my preferences or strong. I really think the unconfirmed slots are pretty tossup
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1815 (isolation #90) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Isis »

In post 169, Isis wrote:
In post 147, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 146, egotisi wrote:my two cents on ~setup specc~, anything going further than the obvious "scum picked [role] so town probably has [the role that is a counterplay to]" is risking slips which are imo more likely to happen to PRs than to scum so let's not
In post 55, Battle Mage wrote:Taylor-town does not give impression of trying. Taylor appears to be trying here. Ergo, Taylor scum.
which taylor posts up until here gave you an impression that she's "trying"? or like, what do you mean by trying here?
In post 116, PlusJOYED wrote:This is odd but I actually have 0 clue on who scum could be, and I think taylor vs BM was NAI. I have some weak townreads though.
i found this a bit surprising, at this point i was feeling like i had like one and a half weak townread (exorcists and maaaybe murdercat) with a whole buncha people either being null or south of null (RanCan for stuff, BM with the questionable push, and xof/norwee feeling active-lurky)

can you share your townreads?
In post 128, Exorcists wrote:also i got the same feeling on the tone from xofelf!

VOTE: Random Canadian
?

-tisi
this game im gonna try something different and not be open about all of my townreads since andres said that was a bad idea my last game, and I think not sharing townreads makes you less prone to being manipulated. I will share any of my SR's though

i have 4 decent townleans and 1 weak townlean
Is andres the first person you've heard this from? Early in my career I didn't believe in discussing townreads, not because of manipulation, but because I don't want them to get NKed. But nowadays I have a view of mafia that everyone should just mouth off absolutely everything they're thinking because everyone can get reads that way andy in the end, it matters the most.

I'm hoping for some sort of how-the-sausage-is-made stuff from you whether or not it's townreads because I couldn't read you in Menagerie and I don't actually think I had enough to work with.
https://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=316652 Andy heals his soldiers! That's his power
This is a league game, no strategy advice please, but I do think I need some more helicopters
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1817 (isolation #91) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Isis »

Is it just that you think I was guiltied or how I played?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1826 (isolation #92) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Isis »

I came to this day wanting it to be long and to have stuff, so you wanting to make the day as dismissive as possible means like you're coming to this game from a different place than I am
MURDERCAT
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1833 (isolation #93) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Isis »

Also asking for information and showing a lack of actual interest into it is a scumtell I've run into a lot, I don't think you cared about the crumb and now the way you're asking about Infinity's case seems like a similar LAMIST
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1842 (isolation #94) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Isis »

When people just say "I change my read", they usually mean they changed their read. When people say "that person smells like garlic" they are trying to crumb stuff.

It's the same stuff that happened when I played this setup offsite.

We are actually pretty fine, there are a lot of clears, and my claim doesn't clear me. I think if you don't touch Gamma, Dunnstral, or Plus it doesn't take much more to win.

I would encourage giving everyone equal chance to weigh in because it will make it easier to sort xofelf fairly

pedit: No, I really don't think it looks bad. It just looks like someone who reread the game to me.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1883 (isolation #95) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Isis »

Please don't say "just lim the guilty". Like that unnecessarily adds to the frustration of getting mislimmed for stuff totally independent of all the play I put into the game.
Pick some other way to describe it please.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1889 (isolation #96) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Isis »

We are on the same team plus

I don't cat doesn't at minimum take this slower as town..
He's never lazy like this and dot t's and i's instead of pretending to.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1895 (isolation #97) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Isis »

I don't AtE unless I actually feel something. I guess maybe it's something I should do more as scum to balance things out, but this is pretty frustrating.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1915 (isolation #98) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm skimming and erranding, but don't let anyone try to put Dunnstral back into the limpool. He was playing to just town meta before the innocent anyway. Like even if someone else did the kill night one it doesn't matter when the slot had been towny
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1946 (isolation #99) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm running errands and still skimming.

If the numbers say a PR is fake that would mean PlusJOYED fake guiltied a partner, which is a thing that happens in games. I would be a little disappointed in my townread so I hope someone miscounted.

I don't have my macro when I'm phoneposting in parking lots MURDERCAT :(
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1959 (isolation #100) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1950, MURDERCAT wrote:But then who killed Cobra? Like if there's 2 WH, scum kills exorcists who kills Taylor. There's no way for it to work given the flips right?
MURDERCAT why did immediately work out one missing kill is o.k. for cobra kai trying to vig isis, but struggle with one missing kill being ok for plus to be scum?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1960 (isolation #101) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Isis »

Are you scum

Or like do you low-key just dislike me or something
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1976 (isolation #102) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Isis »

You only have to find one scum besides plus after I flip

This is almost auto
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1978 (isolation #103) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Isis »

Which just means it means even less what I did this game
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1981 (isolation #104) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Isis »

Wait is it two tries or one after I flip, maybe it's hard
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1982 (isolation #105) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Isis »

I wish I was a rolestopper it has a cool name and I would have to pick some kind of fancy advance wars character to crumb that
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1997 (isolation #106) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Isis »

Parking lot posting to post something I thought out while I was driving:

Cobra Kai's play makes sense if he tracked me to Exorcists
Exorcists was obvtown. A rolecop would visit them. A roleblocker would visit them. A cop would not visit them. A witch hunter would not visit them. On balance visiting them would be scummy even if they didn't die.
So he wants to run me up to E1 and get a claim day2 because VT means guilty, cop essentially means guilty, doc is ok.

N2 he didnt vig me because he knows it's possible I'm doctor or rolestopper and most of the time he gets to talk about it today.

It makes plenty of sense once I'm willing to think about people tracking N1, which I think is throwy, but I also think non-outed Joats vigging N2 is throwy but here we are
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1998 (isolation #107) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Isis »

For some reason figuring that out makes me less mad. Idk why.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2000 (isolation #108) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Isis »

I think you should just start with cop in case you die, but it's a secret alt so I don't really have a reason to expect him to play a certain way.

Half the people who draft PYP pick a role I think is dumb.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2002 (isolation #109) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Isis »

Experienced =/= shares popular opinion on nightplay.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2004 (isolation #110) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Isis »

You save the cop shot for a night that matters more. You only get to use each one once. Or he could have some reason to think he would be roleblocker N1 but not N2. Or he could have a PR-or-scum read on me that would make tracking effective, when tracking is less effective later if I got linked day2, which is where things were going.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2006 (isolation #111) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Isis »

I think you rolled scum with plus and I owe xofelf an apology. That would be my best solve.

It makes a lot of sense to fake a guilty on the most suspected player in the game, that seemed like it probably got copped anyway, to get the less townread scum really townread. Then you work as the other scum that thought Christmas had arrived when Kai posted the way he did and that's why you've been playing this phase this way.

It could be gamma instead and I wouldn't really know. He's shown less of his hand.

Being in massclaim makes it easier to quell my bias for wanting to launch outed VTs. It comes up a lot.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2007 (isolation #112) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Isis »

VOTE: plus
Although I still haven't read the whole thread yet tbh, still phoneposting
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2012 (isolation #113) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Isis »

There's nothing that keeps PlusGamma or plusxof from working, I just like +
MURDERCAT
more than those both big picture wise and small picture wise. This phase feels off and it feels like you. If I had to treat you as conftown, I would pick plusxof. Gamma is townier.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2014 (isolation #114) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Isis »

MURDERCAT
, you're town IRL
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2026 (isolation #115) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by Isis »

Murdercat and definitely xofelf would definitely be ok with it.

You stated yourself in your rant that you know there's a roleblocker, so you can obviously explain an inability to vig night 2 all day long.

I know everyone is going to fall for the AtE + unfortunate Kai posting stuff, but no, you didn't mechclear yourself as scum.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2196 (isolation #116) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Isis »

PlusJOYED is scum. There is no reason to believe he's not scum except for mech. He scumslipped several times in the way he pretended to think through the mech. I know nothing I say is likely to help with the ridiculous fake guilty thing, but if you flipped Plus you could clear me and get tons more shots finding the partner.

VOTE: PlusJOYED

I kind of have no idea of
MURDERCAT
is 9d chessing as scum with a fakeclaim or 9d chessing as town with a fakeclaim or is actually just a town PR who I have gotten bad vibes from due to something I didn't know, but in that last one, PlusJOYED is just even more scum.

If the people who are town can set aside Kai a lot more than they are doing I can do more to show I'm town, but if it stays at "Isis play doesn't even matter" it's more harmful for the town to spend a longer amount of time in a false headspace for the purposes of solving later. It can get stuck in your head. I've seen it mess up town before. So I'm just going to put my vote on scum and say
MURDERCAT
is still my best guess for next even if I don't know about it. Like this headspace is hard for me too and I can't solve in it.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2200 (isolation #117) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Isis »

What do you mean? I didn't really talk about doccing people. Surviving this day phase seems like a miracle at this point and I'd have to do that first
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2202 (isolation #118) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Isis »

Plus because he guiltied scum
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2208 (isolation #119) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Isis »

Infinity I would much rather be sacrificed for 1849 than I would for a guilty that didn't happen

it is actually not that bad as far as wrongcases go

feels sad that you don't like the way I read minutia though, it's one of the aspects of my towngame I'm most proud of and it comes pretty in handy when I play games with players like PP
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2210 (isolation #120) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Isis »

I think I did not play day 1 well and if we lose after I played day 1 the way I did that's okay. I did need to do a lot better balancing out confbias and being willing to push for things that are unpopular. I had doubts about
MURDERCAT
intermittently throughout day 1 that I didn't dive because they were unpopular. And like some blame can lay on the victim for misreads; I still think what happened with CKai may have been a track (close to a dead heat with copping Battle Mage and feeling ticked at me and himself at the same time), since Noraa was not really a beautiful wagon and I got somewhat lazy and defaulty about it

day 3 I am going to write off /forgive myself. It's just kind of unreal to play in an environment where you're fake guiltied and I'm only going to have to deal with being fakeguiltied by conftown in like 2% of my games (yes that high, gobbles did it while still living and conftown once, :cry:) so a common state I feel bad about not being able to deal with
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2212 (isolation #121) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Isis »

Isis liked your post
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2215 (isolation #122) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Isis »

Infinity did you know that 324 has a pleasing prime factorization
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2217 (isolation #123) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Isis »

:0
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2315 (isolation #124) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Isis »

You have to go for high risk high reward plays when you're behind plus. Being behind is not where you spend shots on apparent VTs because oh god what if it's actually a cop and not a VT who reread night one.

Anyway, it was miserable to attempt to navigate a setup this townsided. I wouldn't play this setup again.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2317 (isolation #125) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Isis »

I had fun making it seem like xof and I might be aligned :evil:
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2319 (isolation #126) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Isis »

I still feel like the rolecop idea was cool but wasn't sure if a different kill or no kill was the best call to go with that.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2328 (isolation #127) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Isis »

I think Joat should have the sane cop removed so it can stay a 2 point role. Third role could be doctor.

But I'm not sure this setup concept is good at offering something that isn't better offered by either a closed setup or nonrandom open setup.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2334 (isolation #128) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Isis »

"only taking five points of roles" dude I would have picked those roles if they costed 7 points, we didn't do it for the massclaim mind games, those were actually the best roles.

Rolecop is the only time that counterplays trickster, and we thought there were probably 3
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2336 (isolation #129) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Isis »

The battle mage kill was just because he was bringing good energy to the game and a quieter game would be more scumsided, that was my thinking. Was very close decision vs. exorcists who seemed limproof.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2349 (isolation #130) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Isis »

Yes 3 tricksters 3 Joats seems like a more likely distribution.

Because the setup seemed to have 3 to 4 trackers, I wanted to stack all the roles on one slot (which I would have preferred to be egotisi really but I was willing to volunteer to stress). Each PR on a distinct slot increases the odds of a tracker watching that player and forcing them to fakeclaim some kind of role where they target UTRs, so it's like voluntarily decreasing the number of mafia doctors in a triple gunsmith setup, kind of. Not hard guilties, but difficult results to deal with. Having all the PRs on one slot increases swing, but doesn't affect balance. The faction that is at a disadvantage wants more swing. We just saw that the setup was probably 3 Joats 3 trickster and I felt we were disadvantaged cause that seemed nuts. Therefore swing is desirable.
There's also less flexibility in how to dayplay with the PRs stacked but I still think it's correct to stack the PRs on balance
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2352 (isolation #131) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2345, PlusJOYED wrote:I think if I was maf here I would have picked godfather, roleblocker, rolecop
This was the runner up, for me. I think it's really close.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2355 (isolation #132) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Isis »

We were told what roles were in the game but not how many of each
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2358 (isolation #133) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Isis »

What distribution did you think it was?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2363 (isolation #134) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Isis »

Intuitively I don't expect Joat having double chances to generate to produce quadruple Joats. That would be off by 2x. If their double chance to generate somehow generates equal Joats. That's off by 1x. That was my napkin math
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2364 (isolation #135) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Isis »

I thought everyone thought the way I did and don't really get how 4-1 would be obvious
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2369 (isolation #136) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Isis »

Gamma how the hell did we pivot from "I will never forgive you for this scum game" to "I wanna do an invitational and give you a special role" lol
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2371 (isolation #137) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Isis »

I don't remember this getting mentioned in the scum PT.

I don't really like stump games but I'd maybe play town stump because the unfun part is always having a conftown you ought to be deferring to so in theory that might be the only fun slot lol
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2373 (isolation #138) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Isis »

You can be 33% vaporeon 33%jolteon 33%flareon
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2376 (isolation #139) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Isis »

I don't understand wanting to play it as a nonstump, after playing it once.
But it seems popular among others
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2380 (isolation #140) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Isis »

If gamma submitted the PRs he wanted I'd be unhappy and I ended up submitting the PRs I wanted so hes unhappy it's probably symmetrical
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2382 (isolation #141) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Isis »

Well I wouldn't the insult, Gamma, I think all three of us could have deepwolfed.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2392 (isolation #142) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Isis »

Tayl0r was so obvtown
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2403 (isolation #143) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Isis »

Hectic don't tell me you're the head of the hydra that was townreading my scumgame.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2405 (isolation #144) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by Isis »

Wait so by process of elimination I got townread by Kanna? <3
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2407 (isolation #145) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Isis »

Can we not
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2411 (isolation #146) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Isis »

we are all Hectic alts on this blessed day
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2416 (isolation #147) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:22 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 2415, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If Hectic ever get's banned
press x to doubt
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2449 (isolation #148) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Isis »

That tell has been valid since 09
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2454 (isolation #149) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Isis »

oh I played this one
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2455 (isolation #150) » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”