Munchkin Quest(iconeum move)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

There are cards that enhance monsters. You may not have gotten one yet and none has been played so maybe you didn't realize that. +5 to monster and +10 to monster are the most common monster enhancer cards. If another player has one and plays it on the monster it could effect your ability to win the combat. There are also potions like the potion of strength you played earlier that can enhance monsters.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Any munchkins want to weigh in here and advise me and Mizzy what to do here? @Mizzy, I’m okay with a reasonable splitting of the treasure but only if it doesn’t make the combat futile for me. If the odds are still bad despite my loaded die, would I just be better off using it to escape?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

You could use your loaded die to escape presuming someone doesn't have a reloaded die or something similar.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 827, NoPowerOverMe wrote:You could use your loaded die to escape presuming someone doesn't have a reloaded die or something similar.
So, you’re saying I could be screwed no matter what course of action I decide to take and no one can be guaranteed to prevent it? :/
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Yep, that's munchkin for you.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 829, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Yep, that's munchkin for you.
So is there any point in even trying atp? :/
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I can't say what Diamond or Charles will or won't do to mess with you if Mizzy helps. If you have no help there is no way for you to avoid the Horror unless you run away. You run away with a roll of a 5 or better on a D6. It's up to you if you want to accept Mizzy's offer and try and beat it or if you want to try to negotate with Mizzy to see if they are willing to lower their asking price or if you just don't want to bother with Mizzy and just try to run away.

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:27 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 816, Mizzytastic wrote:If no one interferes we win. I think the chance to kill you and get 3 hits on me might attract the interference.

I'll help you for 2 treasures of my choice or 3 treasures, but you get first pick, and mutual
I told you so
rights? Final offer
If I decide to go this route and I’m kind of thinking my odds are pretty much the same if I fight or flee, I guess I will pick first, then you get to chose 2 out of the remaining 3?

If I flee, I could still get interfered with and just be killed anyway. I also have a dice redo that can only be used once but can redo multiple rolls. I don’t know if that changes things or increases the odds?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:28 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 831, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I can't say what Diamond or Charles will or won't do to mess with you if Mizzy helps. If you have no help there is no way for you to avoid the Horror unless you run away. You run away with a roll of a 5 or better on a D6. It's up to you if you want to accept Mizzy's offer and try and beat it or if you want to try to negotate with Mizzy to see if they are willing to lower their asking price or if you just don't want to bother with Mizzy and just try to run away.
Can we ask them? That could really help me with my decision.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:45 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

We can, but it's not binding if they say they won't mess with it.

And I'm not moving from my offer here. I first pick 2 or you pick one and I get the rest.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I know it's harsh but it's a hard fight and I think they win the card war if they do start the fight
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Ebwop: ... if they do start interfering
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 834, Mizzytastic wrote:We can, but it's not binding if they say they won't mess with it.

And I'm not moving from my offer here. I first pick 2 or you pick one and I get the rest.
I don’t really see what the difference is except mine us mutually beneficial, since we don’t even know what the treasures are yet.

So fine, I’m dying anyway, so up to you.

My offer is the fairer one to both of us because you get to chose the remaining 2. I’m not opposed to discussing it because it’s possible your way benefits me more but rn, it would be stupid of me to compromise on that. It makes no sense to agree to this if it places me in a worse position, so it’s ultimately up to you if you’re willing to be fair or not.

I would agree to the same offer if our positions were reversed.
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:52 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

The difference is I think I have a strong negotiating position and am perfectly fine with not helping
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:55 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

If you think it probably goes bad whatever just running is probably better because people are less likely to mess with it if it's just you running away
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 838, Mizzytastic wrote:The difference is I think I have a strong negotiating position and am perfectly fine with not helping
I don’t dispute that, I’m obviously coming at this from a completely different perspective than you are and I would do the exact same thing if our positions were reversed because it’s the right thing to do, from either perspective.

I wouldn’t make this offer if I wouldn’t be willing to take the exact same position if things were reversed because I want a fair game and I don’t believe it’s worth playing otherwise.

See, I don’t gaf about who has bargaining power, what’s important to me is what decisions make the game most fun and playable for BOTH of us. It’s important that we both have good morale and that can’t happen if one of us feels taken advantage of.
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:03 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

What do you mean by exact same thing? That you would offer/accept middle two treasures in my position.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:06 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

That post was made before the edit
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 839, Mizzytastic wrote:If you think it probably goes bad whatever just running is probably better because people are less likely to mess with it if it's just you running away
Not necessarily, killing me is still advantageous. I meant what I said, if you need my help later and I am in the hypothetically stronger position, I would do the same because I don’t think it benefits me at all if I don’t feel I’m being fair to you and I think what I’ve proposed is best for team morale and good team moral helps us all individually.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:10 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 841, Mizzytastic wrote:What do you mean by exact same thing? That you would offer/accept middle two treasures in my position.
Exactly, because I think that’s fairest. I will not go back on my word if it comes to that and I promise to help you if you need it at any point.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:32 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Y'know what, sure I'll help. Your frustration sounds genuine and I'm kinda curious to see if fairness is game winning and all the meanness of a munchkin game is just cos of the marketing (and I tend to make my move too soon in these sorts of political games anyway).

For the record though, I made the sort of offer I'd have expected to have gotten and I am not convinced this is a good move on my part :/
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

I'm sorry if this is impacting your enjoyment of the game
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:57 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Is that official, Mizzy?

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 845, Mizzytastic wrote:Y'know what, sure I'll help. Your frustration sounds genuine and I'm kinda curious to see if fairness is game winning and all the meanness of a munchkin game is just cos of the marketing (and I tend to make my move too soon in these sorts of political games anyway).

For the record though, I made the sort of offer I'd have expected to have gotten and I am not convinced this is a good move on my part :/
In post 846, Mizzytastic wrote:I'm sorry if this is impacting your enjoyment of the game
No, your good faith response to me fills me with hope and I actually expected you not to agree to it but I will 100% honour my word and will help you, should the tables be turned. :)

I just wonder if it’s legal or not to get Charles and Diamond to pre-emptively state their intentions or not. I’m obviously not thrilled that this is only my first turn, first time playing this game ever and all it literally took is one godawful card to put me into this precarious position and even my escaping unharmed isn’t guaranteed, so unless we can literally count on both of them committing to letting me escape unharmed, I think going for broke is probably the best strategy.

Do you know if it’s possible for us to actually play as an alliance rather than as solo, so we in essence could work as a team and would that be optimal for both of us, because if so, I think I would really enjoy that but I have no idea if that’s even possible but it would definitely make the game more fun if it were - for me anyway.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:04 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

People can state whatever they want to. Like MIzzy said they are not obligated to stick to their word.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”