Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Please do so, then.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 2879, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2860, Nahdia wrote:
In post 2849, DiamondSentinel wrote: I don't have solid answers on anything. I just have gutreads that I go based off of and then try to scrap together weak justification to convince others that it isn't just a gutread.
but you specifically called me out as someone you can read well!!!!! why!? explain yourself!
Because my gut reads are pretty accurate, especially against you. See: Soccer Spirits. (And before you point it out, yes, I was scum, but it was multiball)
so... one game. from four years ago. in which you were scum.
In post 1326, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1325, Tammy wrote:
In post 1260, DiamondSentinel wrote:4. Confusion at this odd town bloc for, what I’ve seen, nearly non-existent reasons. I’ve yet to see a solid reason why Cabd’s behavior is town motivated, and I also fail to see that for Tammy and Syr, yet a fair few of my more confident town reads (specifically you, although that’s dropping faster than I’d like) proclaim that they are acting consistently with a town mentality.
Earlier you said that you're not good at asking questions. Last night I took a look at Cyberpunk, which we were both in, and you seem fine at asking questions? I know that not everything's going to be the same; I'm not myself. But what I noticed in that game was how direct you were with people where my overall impression is that you're talking a bit about people but not talking directly to them in the same way.

I was also going to comment on what seemed like a bit of a fixation with cabd, syry, ffery, and me, which were names that were given to you to talk about, and there you had your hands in a more variety of people. BUT I reread your iso this morning and my impression of what you were doing in that regard is not what you are actually doing, which just goes to show that I really need to get started on reading this game when I can focus on it and not while I'm trying to work. Anyway i want to leave this impression here to come back to if I still feel this way when I've reread.

BUT I wanted to ask you about this. When you say town bloc here are you just referring to the group of us town reading each other to varying degrees or do you think we're acting in some type of block?
I've changed a lot in 3 years personally. I'm not remotely the same person I was then (definitely for the better). But aside from that, I was also very familiar with those players. I know 3 people on this playerlist (well 4 if you count Nahdia but they aren't posting much).

I genuinely think that you guys are acting as a bloc of sorts mainly out of some very odd meta-buddying and I'm not a huge fan of that remotely.
in this post you point out you've changed a lot in three years. i'm still a bit baffled at despite this exchange.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Nahdia »

like, yall, to drive this point home, is Soccer Spirits mafia. it is one of my first non-newbie games ever on the site: notice it starts like 3 weeks after my join date. THAT'S your basis for feeling like you can gut read me well!? for getting peeved that i wasnt posting more because you could were so certain to read me right?????????
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Nahdia »

and actually, while you were mafia in that game, you were red mafia. meaning you didn't know for sure it was multiball, though you did speculate there was 3p in the scumthread.

WAIT HOLD ON. YOU SCUMREAD ME THAT GAME.

your read on me THAT game was "nahdia is a noob that is posting a lot but it's all filler so i cant read them". and then you decided i was scum!

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Nahdia »

i was town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Zaphkael, 2020
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Alisae »

You sound pretty upset
GTKAS
| here.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:10 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 2891, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2890, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2888, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2887, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2884, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2881, DiamondSentinel wrote:Also, as a side note, it means that you're proving my first point (the two aren't contradictory by any means). Makes me chuckle there.
Your first point being?
My point in the first one.
Wordz it please.
There's a difference between an actual read and what people accept as genuine.
How did I prove that point?
Your perception that what I have is remotely worth considering. Right now my reads are sporadic and I'm really just scrounge together "evidence" to convince y'all of my gut reads, and yet you think that I have a methodology with them, apparently.
In post 2893, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2880, DiamondSentinel wrote:If you think I have methodology, then my acting has been a resounding success.
How do you define methodology such that you do not have one
/shrug

A rhyme or reason, a rhythm, some consistency, external logic that you can point to when questioned? A gut read is just by definition one without a methodology, so as all of mine are gut reads, I do not have a methodology.
In post 2894, Alisae wrote:
In post 2847, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2786, Alisae wrote:
@Diamond
- Give me a read on bulge with some explanation as to why you have that read thanks
I don't have a read on them. I barely even remember them in this game.
what do you mean you don’t have a read on them go get one
I will when I have time (or feel motivated to do so). Right now I don't really feel like digging through their ISO so I just sit them into the null pile until it becomes imperative that I deal with them.

I don't need to have reads on everyone at once. That's stifling and takes away attention from the ones that I really care to deal with.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 2907, DiamondSentinel wrote:I will when I have time (or feel motivated to do so). Right now I don't really feel like digging through their ISO so I just sit them into the null pile until it becomes imperative that I deal with them.
have you not been reading the game?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Alisae »

I don’t understand how you just don’t have a read on someone who just decided to become active recently
GTKAS
| here.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:14 am

In post 2904, Nahdia wrote:and actually, while you were mafia in that game, you were red mafia. meaning you didn't know for sure it was multiball, though you did speculate there was 3p in the scumthread.

your read on me THAT game was "nahdia is a noob that is posting a lot but it's all filler so i cant read them". and then you decided i was scum!
In post 2905, Nahdia wrote:i was town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes.... It was part of my job description to mislead you. You're upset that a scum tried to paint you as scum in the thread?

Also, @Alisae, yeah. That's pretty much the case. I was a lot more active yesterday because I've got stuff I'm doing RN, so I haven't read up on some of the people posting a lot now unless they directly address me. This includes what's-their-face.

I... haven't been reading the thread as diligently as I should be recently, mostly just skimming for stuff I need to directly deal with. As I said, I'm busy.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Nahdia »

your evidence for being able to gutread me well is a game where you never read me correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Zaphkael, 2020
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:17 am

In post 2911, Nahdia wrote:your evidence for being able to gutread me well is a game where you never read me correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One where I never read you correctly
in the thread
“Why was I chosen?'
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Nahdia »

if im upset is because now i have to tease out whether in this instance you're either delusional and arrogant or just scum who made a throwaway line and then wasnt able to back it up.
DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 2911, Nahdia wrote:your evidence for being able to gutread me well is a game where you never read me correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One where I never read you correctly
in the thread
i checked the scumthread too!!!

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Nahdia »

like, maybe you did townread me there.... in a game you were scum. but you never SAID so. so how is THIS your basis for feeling you have a good radar on me. am i being unreasonable here? i really dont think i am!!!

-Zaphkael, 2020
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:18 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

im pretty good at townreading people in games where I'm scum too fyi
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:21 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2907, DiamondSentinel wrote:Your perception that what I have is remotely worth considering. Right now my reads are sporadic and I'm really just scrounge together "evidence" to convince y'all of my gut reads, and yet you think that I have a methodology with them, apparently.
Interesting. I'm not trying to consider your reads. I'm trying to divine your mindset and motivation.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2914, Nahdia wrote:am i being unreasonable here? i really dont think i am!!!
What exactly are you arguing?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:23 am

In post 2915, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:im pretty good at townreading people in games where I'm scum too fyi
Sure sure, but this was a multiball game. Pretty obviously so since our scumteam was like 4 out of 24(?).
“Why was I chosen?'
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Alisae »

@Diamond
- what reads do you even have?
GTKAS
| here.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Nahdia »

can one or more of the conftowns please tell me if this is something? or am i just wasting my time here?
In post 2917, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2914, Nahdia wrote:am i being unreasonable here? i really dont think i am!!!
What exactly are you arguing?
ill quote the whole exchange and then try to summarize:

Spoiler: quotes snipped for relevancy/redundancy
In post 275, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ooh a pagetop.

Anyways, I'm mostly just gonna go to the backline until Nahdia posts more. I can read them fairly well.
In post 2556, Nahdia wrote:i'd really like DS to answer this question which is a response to post .
DS, can you elaborate a bit on you feeling like you have good insight into my alignment? How do you approach reading me in particular?
In post 2640, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ultimately my reads are perpetually feels based. I think that the "logic" that so often permeates this site is a facade to hide behind and try to make this game seem like it's any more than just a dartboard until someone gets flustered.

As such, I just look at people until I get a gut read on them and then I push them. You are one such person I can get a decent gut read for and feel confident about.
In post 2683, Nahdia wrote:I was hoping for a little more than this. You called me out as someone you think you can definitely get a confidant read. That suggests you feel you have a pretty reliable meta on me. Why? What's that meta based on? You don't need to go into excruciating detail if you'd rather not list all of what you feel my tells are, but what are the general things that make me easier to get a gut read for you?
In post 2845, Nahdia wrote:I don't have solid answers on anything. I just have gutreads that I go based off of and then try to scrap together weak justification to convince others that it isn't just a gutread.
In post 2860, Nahdia wrote:
In post 2849, DiamondSentinel wrote: I don't have solid answers on anything. I just have gutreads that I go based off of and then try to scrap together weak justification to convince others that it isn't just a gutread.
but you specifically called me out as someone you can read well!!!!! why!? explain yourself!
In post 2879, DiamondSentinel wrote:Because my gut reads are pretty accurate, especially against you. See: Soccer Spirits. (And before you point it out, yes, I was scum, but it was multiball)
In post 2902, Nahdia wrote:so... one game. from four years ago. in which you were scum.
in this post you point out you've changed a lot in three years. i'm still a bit baffled at despite this exchange.
In post 2903, Nahdia wrote:like, yall, to drive this point home, is Soccer Spirits mafia. it is one of my first non-newbie games ever on the site: notice it starts like 3 weeks after my join date. THAT'S your basis for feeling like you can gut read me well!? for getting peeved that i wasnt posting more because you could were so certain to read me right?????????
In post 2904, Nahdia wrote:and actually, while you were mafia in that game, you were red mafia. meaning you didn't know for sure it was multiball, though you did speculate there was 3p in the scumthread.

the overall point im driving here is that i think DS' original post, is unsubstantiated filler. there is in fact no evidence DS has provided that he has any ability to read me well, so the idea that town!DS would make that post feels less likely to me.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Alisae »

Nahdia, you know how mafia players pretend like they know whats going on in the game completely but they actually don't?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Alisae »

If Diamond is town then thats likely whats happening but otherwise it could be possible that he is scumpushing you
GTKAS
| here.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:38 am

In post 2919, Alisae wrote:
@Diamond
- what reads do you even have?
Big Dethy Room in the Sky - Locktown. Not allowed to touch those (as much as I'd love to, pertaining to Jake. Speaking of which, where's Jake? I just realized I've not been filled with seething annoyance for too long)
Bell - Null!Scum. Had a couple things here and there that I do not care much for.
Cabd - Scum. My gut has only gotten worse since the whole fiasco on day 1. Although there was something about a mason above? With a dethy, I don't believe that the set-up would have both a dethy and masons. Still, can someone explain later?
midwaybear - Null!town. I'm apprehensive about how readily he's agreeing with me, but I can't point to anything more worrisome.
Cakez - Null. Not a null in a "I can't read him", but a null in "it can go either way". Some stuff I really like, but his interactions with the dethy and a couple others. have been.... interesting.
S_S - Surprisingly null!town. one of my stronger towns, but I'm not putting anyone in actual town because that tier is reserved for haha funny dethy-land.
Alisae - Null. Don't like your fixation on me, but I can't scumread you for that. You're doing your job. Some stuff has rubbed me the wrong way, but hey, that applies to most.
peta - null (slight town leanings, but not null!town). Constant dry humor doesn't off-put me here, so that's good, but other than that, I've seen some things that make me scratch my head. Specifically that their iso is almost entirely questions with a couple of observations. Not much that they've personally postulated. Nothing worrisome, but I keep them on my mind.
Pooky - /shrug. Don't remember them posting aside from snarking and the D1 cringeRP.
Bulge - /shrug. This is what sparked this.
Gamma - I... wish I had more. I haven't gained much on them, but this is really my last
true
gut read. Something doesn't sit right with me about them. I doubt that trying to come up with justification from the thread would work because my unconscious mind is not great.
Nahdia - Still think they're scum.
“Why was I chosen?'
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:38 am

Post by Cabd »

...Holy shit.

What the actual fuck is the actual fuck of this game.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”