Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

has anyone noticed Taylor was a lot more excited when the game started and she first got her role, than now? It's funny looking back at how enthusiastically and openly she was fishing for town PRs. The novelty seems to have worn off a little bit. scum PR?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:15 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 906, Battle Mage wrote:lol dude gimme a break, I took some time out of the game because I was becoming emotionally affected by some of the comments. Using that as an argument I'm scum to bolster your broken case is poor form. And no offence, but I think your case is having the opposite effect than you intended.
At least people are talking. And if you genuinely did step away I'm sorry, but you have posted a fair amount since you said that.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 11, Tayl0r Swift wrote:based on posting so far i have already deduced who all the town PRs are and who we should kill tonight.
In post 12, Tayl0r Swift wrote:oops, wrong thread.
not a fan of these "admit I'm scum" gambits. Scum more often than random in my experience.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 926, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 906, Battle Mage wrote:lol dude gimme a break, I took some time out of the game because I was becoming emotionally affected by some of the comments. Using that as an argument I'm scum to bolster your broken case is poor form. And no offence, but I think your case is having the opposite effect than you intended.
At least people are talking. And if you genuinely did step away I'm sorry, but you have posted a fair amount since you said that.
true, i think your case may have given me a new lease on life! and yeah im probably back in the mix now - all my other games are in night too which helps lol.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:17 am

Post by brassherald »

Infinity 324 replaces Random Canadian
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:18 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

is my response and it has just as much substance as your original response. There's no point in arguing with you about it because you'll continue to poke at it and claim it's weak. I care about what other players think about it, not you. And I know you are a strong player so I don't see why you think I'd go to you instead of anyone else I could have, e.g. narwhal or plus.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

i dont see where noraa specifically addressed murdercat's case on BM
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 52, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 51, Exorcists wrote:Town pings on Tayl0r because she feels at ease in her early posting.
In post 35, PlusJOYED wrote:so maf have rolecop, roleblocker and non consecutive strongman. thats 5 so we must have 8
I don't wanna speculate on prs this early but I have a suspicion of 1 existing due to the mafia picking a strongman
ahh people beat me to it
ill toss this here for now
VOTE: murdercat
I dislike this because stating PlusJOYED doesn't want to speculate on prs directly contradicts the following statement of suspecting one exists due to there being a strongman. It doesn't take a genius to work that one out, so the former seems written more for appearances.

VOTE: PlusJOYED

-Lance
actually im very nervous but fortunately no one seems to have noticed my scumslip. i feel like i covered it up pretty well.
ugh, I recall people defended this, but even reading it again it doesn't sit well with me. Awkward 'joke'. This stuff can be a crutch for scum to say "it took you that long to flip me?? I claimed scum on Page 1" to save face. Not saying that's necessarily what Taylor is intending here, but that's always my first thought. I'll never understand why any town player jokes about being scum.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Hi everyone! I've been following this game and all I know is that murdercat is town.

Going to reread a bit and give my reads soon, since I might have a lot of null reads I'll give possible town and scum narratives for those players so people can tell where my head is at, at least.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 930, MURDERCAT wrote:
is my response and it has just as much substance as your original response. There's no point in arguing with you about it because you'll continue to poke at it and claim it's weak. I care about what other players think about it, not you. And I know you are a strong player so I don't see why you think I'd go to you instead of anyone else I could have, e.g. narwhal or plus.
I appreciate the compliment about my strength, but I was also a mostly-absent player. I think it's perfectly reasonable that you'd take the opportunity to railroad me, especially if any of my reads were right. I'm not keen on your dismissive attitude towards my response to you, nor your admitting that you don't want to engage with me directly and instead want to try and browbeat other players into running me up. I don't believe you care what other players genuinely think, because when other players have told you it isn't a good case, you've either ignored them or told them they are wrong. In short, you don't care whether you are right or wrong, you just want to elim me for no reason.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 933, Infinity 324 wrote:Hi everyone! I've been following this game and all I know is that murdercat is town.

Going to reread a bit and give my reads soon, since I might have a lot of null reads I'll give possible town and scum narratives for those players so people can tell where my head is at, at least.
that's a revelation! Please tell me how you know murdercat is town? and if so, can you please talk some sense into him? :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:26 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Lol hi infinity
GTKAMURDERCAT

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 932, Battle Mage wrote:I'll never understand why any town player jokes about being scum.
Town could joke about being scum in order to get reactions, basically. If you're scumreading her for that, she can then see if your read looks real or fabricated.

Also, wrt Murder's case: This may just be a playstyle clash. I play similarly to murder in that I hate arguing back and forth with my scumreads, it's usually unproductive and players may just not read it or dismiss it as TvT. Engaging my townreads tends to be a more effective strategy since they are the players I am trying to convince to get an elim.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 8, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so the mafia has a strongman, rolecop, and roleblocker. since scum already knows what town has, is it worth it for town to speculate about what roles town has? it cant hurt right?
open-wolfing early, classic Taylor-scum. See Noir Mafia.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 935, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 933, Infinity 324 wrote:Hi everyone! I've been following this game and all I know is that murdercat is town.

that's a revelation! Please tell me how you know murdercat is town? and if so, can you please talk some sense into him? :lol:
As I said, I play similarly to him and I can almost see inside his head with how he's trying to solve this game. As one example, the antsiness of being 3 days before deadline and not having much activity is very relatable. Scum would generally lurk and let the deadline get closer, reducing information and letting a bad compromise elim go through.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 934, Battle Mage wrote:I appreciate the compliment about my strength, but I was also a mostly-absent player. I think it's perfectly reasonable that you'd take the opportunity to railroad me, especially if any of my reads were right. I'm not keen on your dismissive attitude towards my response to you, nor your admitting that you don't want to engage with me directly and instead want to try and browbeat other players into running me up. I don't believe you care what other players genuinely think, because when other players have told you it isn't a good case, you've either ignored them or told them they are wrong. In short, you don't care whether you are right or wrong, you just want to elim me for no reason.
The thing is, regardless of your alignment, you will never accept the case. So I don't gain a lot from talking to you. I gain a lot more from other people actually engaging with the game, which is what I am trying to make happen. I do care what other players think, but if they just right if off as "meh" that's not helpful and also not actually advancing the game. I am much more interested in what you have to say about Tayl0r than what you have to say about my case against you (though of course others would be interested).
GTKAMURDERCAT

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 937, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 932, Battle Mage wrote:I'll never understand why any town player jokes about being scum.
Town could joke about being scum in order to get reactions, basically. If you're scumreading her for that, she can then see if your read looks real or fabricated.
That's possible but I think it's problematic for the reason I set out in the original quote. You can basically defend any scummy play by saying "maybe they did it to get reactions". The stats speak for themselves really.
In post 937, Infinity 324 wrote: Also, wrt Murder's case: This may just be a playstyle clash. I play similarly to murder in that I hate arguing back and forth with my scumreads, it's usually unproductive and players may just not read it or dismiss it as TvT. Engaging my townreads tends to be a more effective strategy since they are the players I am trying to convince to get an elim.
I think it can be scummy to fail to engage with your scumreads in that way. Scum often shy away from confrontation, especially because things can escalate and be seen as TvS, at which point the best you can get is a 1v1. Murdercat isn't on the chopping block today, but if he is open and honest about the robustness of his case on me and the credibility of his push, that could change quickly. I can buy into simple laziness as NAI, but generally, willingness to debate is a towntell for me. I don't think it would be quite right to say Murdercat engaged with his townreads here - he seemed fairly indiscriminate as if he was prepared to elim me without reason, and without much regard for the reactions of others. He also suggested he was struggling to find any townreads.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:40 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 941, Battle Mage wrote:I don't think it would be quite right to say Murdercat engaged with his townreads here - he seemed fairly indiscriminate
This much is true. I am not only using reactions to my case to read others I am also generally trying to increase activity
GTKAMURDERCAT

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Noraa »

This is such a weird entrance. I could read into it but there's too many possibilities. No matter what, I dont like the entrance.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:41 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Why Noraa? What did you think of narwhal?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 940, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 934, Battle Mage wrote:I appreciate the compliment about my strength, but I was also a mostly-absent player. I think it's perfectly reasonable that you'd take the opportunity to railroad me, especially if any of my reads were right. I'm not keen on your dismissive attitude towards my response to you, nor your admitting that you don't want to engage with me directly and instead want to try and browbeat other players into running me up. I don't believe you care what other players genuinely think, because when other players have told you it isn't a good case, you've either ignored them or told them they are wrong. In short, you don't care whether you are right or wrong, you just want to elim me for no reason.
The thing is, regardless of your alignment, you will never accept the case.
So I don't gain a lot from talking to you
. I gain a lot more from other people actually engaging with the game, which is what I am trying to make happen. I do care what other players think, but if they just right if off as "meh" that's not helpful and also not actually advancing the game. I am much more interested in what you have to say about Tayl0r than what you have to say about my case against you (though of course others would be interested).
Let me level with you mate...

Murdercat-town gains plenty from talking to me, is seeing what I say and how I engage, and being able to evaluate my reactions and potentially even re-evaluate his own case. You're right it would be unusual for me to say you have an amazing case on me (although I would, and indeed have, acknowledge points of merit). But I think you've slightly missed the point here - Murdercat-town should care more about getting a correct elim today, and be open to the possibility of being wrong. I'm certain that if you're town, you have reasonable doubt about my alignment. Instead, your description of your objective sounds a lot more like eliminating me at all costs. You say you care about my opinion on Taylor - do you have particular questions on it?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 939, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 935, Battle Mage wrote:

As I said, I play similarly to him and I can almost see inside his head with how he's trying to solve this game. As one example, the antsiness of being 3 days before deadline and not having much activity is very relatable. Scum would generally lurk and let the deadline get closer, reducing information and letting a bad compromise elim go through.
maybe - really depends who that compromise elim would be on though? I've seen plenty of impatient scum before - I've been one!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 944, MURDERCAT wrote:Why Noraa? What did you think of narwhal?
Random was barely here and I think he was a pretty big question mark so that slot being either alignment wouldn't surprise me
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:44 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 945, Battle Mage wrote:be open to the possibility of being wrong.
I am open to it, but I want to hear it from other players. But ok let's talk about Tayl0r because that feels useful
GTKAMURDERCAT

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

YASSS TALK ABOUT ME

Return to “Completed Open Games”