Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3270, Titus wrote:
In post 3265, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1210, schadd_ wrote:
air cannot be "Cold" or "Hot" or even "Neutral Temperature"

vote count 1.3

Gamma Emerald (8):
Almost50, Ban Hydras, Nero Cain, Pickaxe Pete, Menalque, Titus, superbowl9, NorwegianboyEE
Ban Hydras (3):
PlusJOYED, DiamondSentinel, Christøpher
jjh927 (2):
samantha97, Bell
Menalque (2):
jjh927, Gamma Emerald
PlusJOYED (1):
TheGoldenParadox
Tayl0r Swift (1):
DrDolittle
Almost50 (1):
Vecna
TheGoldenParadox (1):
Morning Mage
Bell (1):
mastina
April Ludgate (1):
EchoVision
DiamondSentinel (1):
Tayl0r Swift

not voting (1):
April Ludgate,

with 23 alive, it takes 12 to Execute someones Ass. day 1 ends october 24th at 13:30 central US time; in (expired on 2020-10-24 13:30:00)

mod notes
  • : i have not provided information about how roles were assigned this game. there have been past games in the series (such as the first one) where mafia were given a role and forced to assign it to a member of the town
[/area]
Take a look at here Mastina is a useless vote on bell after calling out gamma’s scum slip. She’s then on it at the next mod VC. If it’s not a planned bus then Mastina should be scrutinized. You’d end up with a very weird distribution of unassigned votes if we went with your theory.

Remember Civ how I told you beeboy was town and the VCs were some of the weirdest distributions ever? You said masons were your Achilles heel and according to you there’s two pairs. You have many people telling you you’re wrong. I suggest you restart
mastina's literally confirmed to me. I don't mind restarting but every premise I have will have mastina town.
Go for it. Color in who you “confirmed” (in quotes because it’s confirmed to no one else) as one color, the second hood another color, and then mod confirmed town as green. This will help show any biases that may exist.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3273, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 3185, TheGoldenParadox wrote:the reason it's difficult to comprehend is that it means if you are town, a50, then we have six masons.
I’ve been seeing a lot of people say this. FFS WE ARE NOT MASONS. We are A THIRD PARTY. We are NOT conftown to you. I assume titus’ group is the same to whatever extent. Saying 6 masons is too many is #1 wayyyyyyy too simplified and #2 just wrong, a town-aligned 3P just does not play out the same way masons would.
In this game, it pretty much does especially to the army.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:03 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Call me egocentric, because I am, but Titus, can I get some of the magic about why you have me as town from VCA?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3076, Tayl0r Swift wrote:what are the odds A50 is a cult leader?
0%
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3264, Titus wrote:
Town
Titus

Plusjoyed

Diamond Sentinel
Nero Cain

shellyc

A50

Ban Hydras
mastina
Menalque
Above Null
NorweiganboyEE

The Golden Paradox
superbowl9

Bell
NullDrDolittle
something_smart
Mathblade
jjh927
Lean ScumChemist1422
April Ludgate

Morning Mage
Pickaxe Pete
ScumTayl0r Swift

A planned bus doesn't generate four counters. Scum would abandon the bus.

I have realistically 8 names that could be scum. I'm cutting off at above null right now. That needs to have 4 scum.

Can you look at your notes and see who overlaps?
Again still working. Can’t check until late tonight due to dr appt I am working from memory here. I will check my notes and compare against yours when yours takes into account mod confirmed info not before. A lot seems like supposition/theory and not VCA
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3185, TheGoldenParadox wrote:the reason it's difficult to comprehend is that it means if you are town, a50, then we have six masons.
I’ve been seeing a lot of people say this. FFS WE ARE NOT MASONS. We are A THIRD PARTY. We are NOT conftown to you. I assume titus’ group is the same to whatever extent. Saying 6 masons is too many is #1 wayyyyyyy too simplified and #2 just wrong, a town-aligned 3P just does not play out the same way masons would.
Omg thank you.

This helps a lot.

Any chance you want to share your win con? If you have already apologies this game is insane
GTKAS -- MathBlade
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:05 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3268, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3260, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 3256, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3252, April Ludgate wrote:Here’s the thing, townMe isn’t going to live late anyways, because I can help confirm Plus’ actions giving us clears/guilties.

Scum have to deal with us.

Town Protectives should be on Plus.

And Titus probably realizes this and has to push me. I’ve become a giant threat to the scum team just based on my ability to obv town by play.

Could be wrong, Titus could be a puppet being used by scum, and the mastermind is elsewhere. If Titus is town, I believe you are being pocketed somewhere, but I’ll have to find out where.

Early guesses are Mastina, but i don’t wanna slide down that rabbit hole just yet
Town protectives if any shouldn’t take directions directly from anyone except maybe Norwegian. Much as I do town read you it is a read.

There’s a lot of claims out there to be sorted but right now we have de facto yours as the only proven one.

We need to see shelly respond then we can see if another although gut says Plus is truthtelling.

It’s waaay too early to be planning forward when the game doesn’t know which way is up.
I disagree. This is how you catch scum off guard and link up with other townies.

Plus and I linked up, as town/town here, which I think they are town here, so that’s the world I think we’re living in, it makes 100% sense considering we are both claimed.

So @Plus - before Day ends, we should figure out who we target to pigeon hole scum a bit.

Protectives should be on Plus.

@Math - Here’s the thing, at the moment, this is the best use of what we know. What we don’t know doesn’t necessarily matter in regards to that because if new information comes out that is a better use, we update.

We should be updating and reanalyzing ourselves every time new info is brought into the game.
I can agree with the last part but it’s imho poor form to assign protectives before exe is decided
Only on a mechanical level, not a sociological level.

Look at this way, no matter what, now scum are going to think about it. It adds another layer that they have to worry about. Like what if the Protectives someone who would listen to April here?

There’s always different ways to look at how certain things are used.

I’m definitely a performer type.

Like, my playstyle is essentially an Evil Puppet Master Jester type, clown suit and all, I do one thing while really doing another, if that makes sense.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3277, DiamondSentinel wrote:Call me egocentric, because I am, but Titus, can I get some of the magic about why you have me as town from VCA?
Sure, but it might be offensive.

You were early on the ban hydras wagon and scum basically sheeped you. Early voters on counterwagons to scum are actually rarely scum themselves. Scum latch on and are desperate, which is supported in other places in the VCs such as the number of counters.

In short, scum used you.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:05 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3278, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3076, Tayl0r Swift wrote:what are the odds A50 is a cult leader?
0%
I trust Something’s analysis on this.

Only he is capable of truly locking that “what if” out because Rulesets.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3280, MathBlade wrote:
Omg thank you.

This helps a lot.

Any chance you want to share your win con? If you have already apologies this game is insane
Their claimed wincon is that they win if town wins.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:07 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 3256, MathBlade wrote:There’s a lot of claims out there to be sorted but right now we have de facto yours as the only proven one.
How is April’s claim proven?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:09 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

VOTE: something_smart

i'm mildly suspicious of ss being in this thread and yet completely ignoring the setup spec discussion happening
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3281, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 3252, April Ludgate wrote:Here’s the thing, townMe isn’t going to live late anyways, because I can help confirm Plus’ actions giving us clears/guilties.

And Titus probably realizes this and has to push me. I’ve become a giant threat to the scum team just based on my ability to obv town by play.

Could be wrong, Titus could be a puppet being used by scum, and the mastermind is elsewhere. If Titus is town, I believe you are being pocketed somewhere, but I’ll have to find out where.

Early guesses are Mastina, but i don’t wanna slide down that rabbit hole just yet
Town protectives if any shouldn’t take directions directly from anyone except maybe Norwegian. Much as I do town read you it is a read.

There’s a lot of claims out there to be sorted but right now we have de facto yours as the only proven one.

We need to see shelly respond then we can see if another although gut says Plus is truthtelling.

It’s waaay too early to be planning forward when the game doesn’t know which way is up.
I disagree. This is how you catch scum off guard and link up with other townies.

Plus and I linked up, as town/town here, which I think they are town here, so that’s the world I think we’re living in, it makes 100% sense considering we are both claimed.

So @Plus - before Day ends, we should figure out who we target to pigeon hole scum a bit.

@Math - Here’s the thing, at the moment, this is the best use of what we know. What we don’t know doesn’t necessarily matter in regards to that because if new information comes out that is a better use, we update.

We should be updating and reanalyzing ourselves every time new info is brought into the game.
I can agree with the last part but it’s imho poor form to assign protectives before exe is decided

Look at this way, no matter what, now scum are going to think about it. It adds another layer that they have to worry about. Like what if the Protectives someone who would listen to April here?

Like, my playstyle is essentially an Evil Puppet Master Jester type, clown suit and all, I do one thing while really doing another, if that makes sense.
Makes sense. Although with them having a loyal/disloyal modifier it kind of doesn’t.

Assume they are town and loyal and say they are visiting a scum. They get healed by a protective and live.

It becomes a false inno. This does feel a bit puppet mastery and I tend to play that way as town and scum in different ways. By introducing protectives on them you’re invalidating their check.

Right now we have a lot of shit flying around and having it make sense would be good.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:09 am

Post by April Ludgate »

It’s not proven, but I claimed, then Titus confirmed she did something.

I feel there’s something weird going on over there because of it, but idk if it’s her being scum or her being weird
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3285, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 3256, MathBlade wrote:There’s a lot of claims out there to be sorted but right now we have de facto yours as the only proven one.
April claimed to motion detect Titus.
Titus confirmed by saying she neighborized A50.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Titus »

@April

Post if you please. Who do you think can be scum in the white names below above null? Tia.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:11 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3284, Titus wrote:
In post 3280, MathBlade wrote:
Omg thank you.

This helps a lot.

Their claimed wincon is that they win if town wins.
That’s town. Usually 3P has town+. Think the Steven universe game. There was town and town+
GTKAS -- MathBlade
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:11 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3287, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3281, April Ludgate wrote:

Makes sense. Although with them having a loyal/disloyal modifier it kind of doesn’t.

Assume they are town and loyal and say they are visiting a scum. They get healed by a protective and live.

It becomes a false inno. This does feel a bit puppet mastery and I tend to play that way as town and scum in different ways. By introducing protectives on them you’re invalidating their check.

Right now we have a lot of shit flying around and having it make sense would be good.
Plus Loyal targets Player Y
I motion detector Player 1.

If Player Y is scum, Plus’s role won’t go through, and I can possibly get a “no motion detected”

However, scum can counter this because they can have that player make the kill, if anything, but it forces that player into an action, which is at minimum, beneficial.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 3240, PlusJOYED wrote:mathblades brother claim lookin sus
my favourite post of the whole game :lol: :lol: :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:12 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 3289, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3285, superbowl9 wrote:
April claimed to motion detect Titus.
Titus confirmed by saying she neighborized A50.
That’s soft no?
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:13 am

Post by April Ludgate »

I just town read Taylor and MM out of the white names. The rest I don’t have any real connection with this game
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:13 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 3282, Titus wrote:
In post 3277, DiamondSentinel wrote:Call me egocentric, because I am, but Titus, can I get some of the magic about why you have me as town from VCA?
Sure, but it might be offensive.

You were early on the ban hydras wagon and scum basically sheeped you. Early voters on counterwagons to scum are actually rarely scum themselves. Scum latch on and are desperate, which is supported in other places in the VCs such as the number of counters.

In short, scum used you.
Why would I be offended? I was proven wrong twice. Although ima be real, I’ve kinda adopted that as my strategy. I accept that I’m wrong and let more competent people use my wrongness to solve shit.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:13 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Is anyone else finding this brother/sister/april analysis to be unreadable
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3292, April Ludgate wrote:Plus Loyal targets Player Y
I motion detector Player 1.

If Player Y is scum, Plus’s role won’t go through, and I can possibly get a “no motion detected”

However, scum can counter this because they can have that player make the kill, if anything, but it forces that player into an action, which is at minimum, beneficial.
To follow up, this works if Plus is disloyal too.

Plus Disloyal targets Y.
April Targets Y.

Plus role won't go through on town. Thus April detects no action unless scum also target the slot.
Plus role goes through on scum, forcing that scum to claim an action other than an NK.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:14 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Being wrong is fine, not reevaluating from being wrong or not knowing the possibility you could be wrong is not.

Scum actively do stuff to make people read them incorrectly, that’s just part of the game. Hits will be taken.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”