Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3471, Tayl0r Swift wrote:it seems like if all townies die then 3p aligned with town lose right? this seems off.
Town is town by any other name. If I am alive then not "all townies" are dead. As I told Math, this works similar to a 2016 game called Gitsou where we had FOUR different TOWN factions, and they all won together or lost together. It was much more complicated than this one with an additional 3P faction that also won with Town (unless Town picked wrong and then they'd have been enemies AFTER all Scum were eliminated). The five factions wer up against 2 scum factions AND a Cultist. It was CRAZY (and one of the most enjoyable games EVER)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Remember that. Nero? You and I were rival town leaders (by role) too. We were both Vigs iirc

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

sure
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3038, MathBlade wrote:Assuming you’re town rule of three implies one of Mastina/Nero/you is scum.
jesus christ this is dumb

maybe math is town afterall
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3475, Almost50 wrote:Town is town by any other name.
Not for the purposes of wincons...?

I would doubt that the town wincon is "all anti-town factions are dead and at least one non-anti-town player is alive."
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3076, Tayl0r Swift wrote:what are the odds A50 is a cult leader?
what are the odds that you are scum?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3479, Something_Smart wrote:I would doubt that the town wincon is "all anti-town factions are dead and at least one non-anti-town player is alive."
if you had a town wincon you'd know this isn't true.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3077, April Ludgate wrote:Titus turning onto me when she has definitive proof of my role seeing her, and me having no reason to claim there is off too
A md isn't necessarily town so proof of your role isn't the AI thing you are claiming it is.

Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 3479, Something_Smart wrote:

I would doubt that the town wincon is "all anti-town factions are dead and at least one non-anti-town player is alive."
VOTE: something_smart
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:55 pm

I mean I have the same access to the town wincon regardless of my alignment. You're right that I should have just checked it.

Weirdly it is true that town can win despite all townies being dead, so I stand corrected even though my statement was technically right.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:57 pm

In post 3483, Pickaxe Pete wrote:VOTE: something_smart
are you voting me for being lazy? or did you not realize the town wincon is in the OP?
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

There's a town pm in the rules.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:58 pm

I know. So what is that post indicative of besides laziness?
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

UNVOTE:
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

The perspective from which you stated "I would doubt that the town wincon is..." sounds off.
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

If you're not town, it'll come out.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Sorry i lied taking a quick break

Sorry for messing up your wifom A50

@something smart, we literally share your wincon. It’s not difficult.

LMAO at Nero’s “all 3Ps should be treated as scum”, you’re more scummy than us now fam :lol:
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Also I was mocking april when I said we should massclaim pls don’t do that...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:07 pm

In post 3491, superbowl9 wrote:@something smart, we literally share your wincon. It’s not difficult.
I mean, that wasn't the part I was concerned with, but since my wincon doesn't care about town vs benign non-town either, I don't think it matters.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

Yeah, but you were mocking a mock post, so it just made you come off like you weren’t mocking to them
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3482, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3077, April Ludgate wrote:Titus turning onto me when she has definitive proof of my role seeing her, and me having no reason to claim there is off too
A md isn't necessarily town so proof of your role isn't the AI thing you are claiming it is.
Irrelevant. I already stated this. All that’s proven, or at least more likely to be true, for me to be scum, i took the deep guess on that. It’s not that deep, but it’s certifiably enough for Titus to be considered overreacting.

You guys are 3rd party claiming, we can go after you all we want. That’s on you guys to get us to trust you.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3479, Something_Smart wrote:

I have no idea what you're talking about. I said explicitly that for all practical purposes we count as TOWN for the win cons of both Town and Scum.. so assuming you're town and your win con is to eliminate all threats to town my win is your win and vice versa, unless YOUR win con also states there has to be at least one "explicitly town" player alive.

April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3425, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3283, April Ludgate wrote:I trust Something’s analysis on this.
it's not even analysis lol, it's reading the mod posts
My dry humor goes right over everyone’s head through text.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 3494, April Ludgate wrote:Yeah, but you were mocking a mock post, so it just made you come off like you weren’t mocking to them
Yes I thought we were having a good laugh back there maybe we can be buddies
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:14 pm

In post 3496, Almost50 wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about. I said explicitly that for all practical purposes we count as TOWN for the win cons of both Town and Scum.. so assuming you're town and your win con is to eliminate all threats to town my win is your win and vice versa, unless YOUR win con also states there has to be at least one "explicitly town" player alive.
I didn't check the town wincon before posting that because I am a lazy-ass. We are on the same page now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”