NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:47 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Ok it took me a long while but Mastina is town this game. Lel.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:19 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3103, Titus wrote:Sorry but I didn't want to look like I was stalling. I am not subtle. I bet Nero and mastina are upset too but it is what is it.
Well, D2 is better than D1 I suppose. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3117, Morning Mage wrote:Can someone go back and check if Titus was so sure of the miller-masons being town yesterday? It seems she's very fixated on that today, but I'm not sure whether that lines up with her earlier view?
Titus was very much not so sure of the miller-masons being town yesterday, but I most definitively was, and you can see my progression on it to tell rather easily. :P

I, both inthread and out of thread in our PT, was a strong advocate for believing Almost50 and superbowl9 were town.
Titus and Nero, both inthread and out of thread in our PT, had their doubts. Maybe still have them, would have to ask them. :P
But I asked them to trust me, to have faith, that yes the other group are town and that we can work with them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3158, April Ludgate wrote:I think Plus and I roles go well together, because I can somewhat confirm if their action was successful or not
What I think is that this is April having scum knowledge about Plus's role and trying to fakeclaim a role that he thought would fit into the setup.
(Incidentally, one of the reasons I voted Gamma yesterday is that I thought he had too much setup info, too. Same thing for April today.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3187, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So we have recruit neighbors and miller neighbors is what i’m gathering here. And they all seem to believe/claim they are town or alligned with town.
Basically, yeah!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3192, Tayl0r Swift wrote:oh this implies that there are two PTs then?
Correct, and my belief in Almost50/superbowl9/thethird being town is in part because they claimed something I feel they could not have known how to possibly fake, something mirroring my/Nero/Titus's own PT. They knew things about the format/structure of a PT that I don't think scum would know, that only someone whose roles were similar to our own would know.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3196, Tayl0r Swift wrote:does anyone else feel like an ascetic claim is really out of place here?
I don't.
PlusJOYED's role makes ascetic make perfect sense as a town role, here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3201, Titus wrote:I don't like jjh's claim either, but I don't want to lynch him. I feel this setup was "balanced" by what the mods expected us to do and jjh is a bait lynch. If he turns out to be the lynch today so be it. Setup spec isn't the greatest reason in the world.
(For the record this is another thing Titus and I fought with in the PT. :P)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:43 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3212, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 3196, Tayl0r Swift wrote:does anyone else feel like an ascetic claim is really out of place here?
Nah, it goes well with Loyal/Disloyal and Motion orientated roles like MD/Tracker.
By the way April is in for a nasty surprise.

Almost50 knows what I'm referring to here, but I don't think it's something that should be made public yet. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3216, MathBlade wrote:I really want to see what Mastina thinks. Mastina while great at scum isn’t the best liar.
Okay, this is me not lying:
I have VERY good setup based reasons to believe that April Ludgate's roleclaim is complete and utter bullshit. :)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3834, mastina wrote:
In post 3216, MathBlade wrote:I really want to see what Mastina thinks. Mastina while great at scum isn’t the best liar.
I have VERY good setup based reasons to believe that April Ludgate's roleclaim is complete and utter bullshit.
:)
Feel like this was important enough to emphasize so that people who skim/skip my catchup posts find it harder to ignore, because yes; this IS important.

April Ludgate is basically guiltied scum, so we have a free D2 scum lynch to pair with our D1 scum lynch.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Cause she's got that Flavoh Fevah~
Mmm Mmm, got that Flavoh Fevah~
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2771, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 2757, Menalque wrote:Okay, the PoE for tomorrow is (MM, plus, ddl, taylor, bell, pickaxe pete)

I’m gonna give TGP some more time + also sorta sheep mastina

In the (frighteningly slim) number of worlds where MM isn’t scum, april goes into the pool
You got Flava FEEEEVA

FLAVA FEEEVA

YOU GOT FLAVA FEEEVA
FLAVA FEEEVAH~

- Bunno
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:03 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3265, MathBlade wrote:Take a look at here Mastina is a useless vote on bell after calling out gamma’s scum slip.
You got a chronology problem there, mate.

By the time I called Gamma out on Gamma's TMI slip, I was already voting Gamma.
I even said in the post that I pointed out the TMI slip that I was already voting Gamma at the time--the increased size was just for emphasis.

And good luck trying to convince Titus that I'm scum when Titus Nero and I are literally confirmed to each other--not faking confirmed, not pretending to be confirmed when we're actually neighbors, actually legitimately CONFIRMED to each other, no joke, no exaggeration, no lie, just the honest truth; we know the alignments and roles of each other. (Heck, these were in the first post of our PT, where they literally listed our roles. Full roles, start to finish, every aspect of them.)
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:06 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 3835, mastina wrote:
In post 3834, mastina wrote:
I have VERY good setup based reasons to believe that April Ludgate's roleclaim is complete and utter bullshit.
:)
Feel like this was important enough to emphasize so that people who skim/skip my catchup posts find it harder to ignore, because yes; this IS important.

April Ludgate is basically guiltied scum, so we have a free D2 scum lynch to pair with our D1 scum lynch.
seeing that mastina is rather obvtown

VOTE: April

get DDL tmr though
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:08 am

Post by shellyc »

@Mastina i would still like to hear your taylor scumcase and MM towncase please

flip DDL tomorrow, then get bell = profit 4 scum elims back to back

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:10 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3298, Titus wrote:
In post 3292, April Ludgate wrote:Plus Loyal targets Player Y
I motion detector Player 1.
If Player Y is scum, Plus’s role won’t go through, and I can possibly get a “no motion detected”
However, scum can counter this because they can have that player make the kill, if anything, but it forces that player into an action, which is at minimum, beneficial.
To follow up, this works if Plus is disloyal too.

Plus Disloyal targets Y.
April Targets Y.

Plus role won't go through on town. Thus April detects no action unless scum also target the slot.
Plus role goes through on scum, forcing that scum to claim an action other than an NK.
The problem with this is that it relies on April being town and not lying through his ass about his results, when in fact he is scum and he has pulled this
exact
claim out as scum before. EXACTLY this strat, where he or a scumbuddy at his behest (forget which) claimed motion detector (falsely so) to try and synergize with a town loyal/disloyal role (forget which).

Don't remember which game he pulled this in, but he 100% has done it before and would and did do it again.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:31 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3459, Pickaxe Pete wrote:Wait, titus, does your masonry have a name too?
As a matter of fact, yes.
This was one of the reasons that convinced me Almost50 and superbowl9 were town (well, not scum fakeclaiming, more specifically, but for the sake of simplicity, I say 'town' rather than 'not-scum' since while the two are technically not identical, for all intents and purposes they basically are one and the same), the inability to fake the detail involve which from my own role I knew was true.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I agree with your logic about this being a setup where hoods most likely are supposed to be paranoid of each other. So the fact that they aren't is putting scum in a bad situation here.
This also shows why Gamma was wagoned so easily, it's hard to sway two coordinated hoods into switching wagons.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:40 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

PlusJoyed is definitely town if April scum. Because they were clearly trying to buddy that slot.

- Bunno
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:41 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3460, Almost50 wrote:OK, so Tutus/Nero/mastina are confirmed
3P
AND are confirmed the same faction/alignment to
each other
. I have had a long discussion with Titus and her claims appear to legit in that they are not "scum" and
can win with town
. They have an additional wincon that I think is harder to achieve (I'd go as far as stating it's almost impossible) and in that particular case only they win (i.e. Gamma's Army still loses along with Town if that happens).

Let me reiterate for those of you who like to see me say the same thing repeatedly:

1- Titus/mastina/Nero are NON-TOWN
2- Titus/mastina/Nero are NOT ALIGNED WITH GAMMA
3- Titus/mastina/Nero CAN win with the Town (and are inclined to do so)
4- Titus/mastina/Nero can also win exclusively, but it's NIGH IMPOSSIBLE for them to do so
Since you outed this, I suppose I can clarify.
Part of our 3p information is
we explicitly know that the Army is the one and
only
scum faction in this game, numbering exactly five
That means this game is NOT multiball.
It is, explicitly, singleball aside from a 3p twist or two.

Gamma was not 3p--he was scum. His faction, and only his faction, is the scumteam this game. There's five of them, including Gamma, thus, four left. (And yes, we are indeed inclined to vote off scum because we have incentive to do so--and I've been playing as if I were a town mason this whole game because I basically am one, because I don't need to eliminate town to win and do need to eliminate scum, soooo. Basically town, albeit not literally town. We are indeed, as Mathblade would describe, essentially "Town+".)

There is more setup information we have, and we shared it with Almost50, but it's not something that I'll blurt out on a whim. (In general, I'm taking the stance that I won't out any information on my own in the public thread, but if someone else in the trusted circle outs the information, then I will happily expand upon it and confirm it with extra details not included before.)
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:44 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 3845, mastina wrote:Part of our 3p information is we explicitly know that the Army is the one and only scum faction in this game, numbering exactly five.
Ok.
So does that mean there's an scum traitor in the Miller hood maybe?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

That information doesn't disprove the possibility of an Serial Killer btw.

- Bunno
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:50 am

Post by shellyc »

*eyebrows arching*
groupscum = april/bell almost confscum with the interactions
In post 3846, NorwegianboyEE wrote:So does that mean there's an scum traitor in the Miller hood maybe?
that's bastard

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:52 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3475, Almost50 wrote:this works similar to a 2016 game called Gitsou where we had FOUR different TOWN factions, and they all won together or lost together. It was much more complicated than this one with an additional 3P faction that also won with Town (unless Town picked wrong and then they'd have been enemies AFTER all Scum were eliminated). The five factions wer up against 2 scum factions AND a Cultist. It was CRAZY (and one of the most enjoyable games EVER)
(For the record while the game had flaws in multiple stages. Delivery of votecounts, information, design, overly heavy reliance on flavor, high levels of confusion and specialized game mechanics to the point where Cephrir insists that the game was fun but not a mafia game and in hindsight while I may not fully agree with that outlook I certainly can't disagree with it either. And more. I do legitimately think that, in spite of its flaws, it is probably one of my finest moments onsite in terms of moderating a memorable and unique, one of a kind, experience. I legit wish I could have the mindstate to mod a game so much as half as promising as it was. My largest regret on mafiascum is that I've lost the mental edge to moderate; I'm physically incapable of doing it anymore.
My second-largest regret is that, in spite of having started it, I never finished turning the mafia game into a Novelized version of it, which would take many cues from the game including the genders/fates of some characters, but would of course take some artistic liberties to tell the narration that would've existed without the mafia game being involved. It would've genuinely been the best book I could ever write, but I just...couldn't do it. But I digress.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”