Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #4325 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

i'm SORRY superbowl but when the 3ps talk about town wincon like it's DIFFERENT from their wincons MAYBE it's a little hard to believe

this information disparity among players with apparently the same wincon is really really frustrating to me, and i have no idea who to believe. i would have sheeped mastina but now she's a third party apparently and i have a lot of distrust in this game for people who have that much information.

i'm disappointed in this setup. i have no idea who to vote for and who to believe, and the entire third party thing has so many lies and poor clarification and withholding of information in it that it's disappointing to me.

i'll stay on april because i want to trust you. if april flips town, i will be a thousand times more suspicious of both 3p groups.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4326 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 4325, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm SORRY superbowl but when the 3ps talk about town wincon like it's DIFFERENT from their wincons MAYBE it's a little hard to believe

this information disparity among players with apparently the same wincon is really really frustrating to me, and i have no idea who to believe. i would have sheeped mastina but now she's a third party apparently and i have a lot of distrust in this game for people who have that much information.

i'm disappointed in this setup. i have no idea who to vote for and who to believe, and the entire third party thing has so many lies and poor clarification and withholding of information in it that it's disappointing to me.

i'll stay on april because i want to trust you. if april flips town, i will be a thousand times more suspicious of both 3p groups.
This is not about trust.
This is not about who you believe.

THIS IS ABOUT USING YOUR EYES. WHY WOULD YOU ASK WHAT OUR WINCON IS WHEN THIS INFO HAS BEEN MADE CLEAR 600000 TIMES???
HOW ARE YOU STILL CONFUSED ABOUT THE FACTIONS?? LITERALLY READDDDDD THEEEEE THREADDDDDDD
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4327 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

I'm about to make a graphic for yall because clearly something is not clicking
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4328 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok sure but that still doesn't mean we aren't helping the town. Meanwhile, all you've done is fuss about us and not hunt for the kings army.

Now Titus and I disagree here. She thinks you're just sorta clueless (my words not hers) and sure it's possible that you are just so fixated on this minor detail that you are incapable of moving forward and contributing in a positive manner while I'm a little more cautious and think you could just be using the whole "OMG U GUYS WE HAS CLAIMED 3P HERE!" as an excuse for not hunting Kings army...b/c you are kings army and you can't hunt your own faction.

Yes, you've claimed that you have hunted but you won't say who they are or even try to lead a lynch there b/c Mastina or some petty bullshit.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4329 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4319, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4315, Titus wrote:
In post 3956, Chemist1422 wrote:VOTE: April

from a quick open of their ISO and ctrl+F of gamma i am now convinced
In post 3957, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 2060, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 2057, Menalque wrote:
In post 2054, April Ludgate wrote:Gamma’s town
Only one way to find out!
I don’t need to find out, I have a soul read.
In post 2485, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 2479, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2455, Morning Mage wrote:also, maybe April Ludgate as a hard Gamma defender. although im not sold on that.
boon/april has in the past very much hard defended his buddies.
This is true.

I’ve also been on record unable to read Gamma correctly well over he past year despite my old soul reads
In post 2580, April Ludgate wrote:Well, I’m town who just unfortunately defended the person who’s been yelling at me for “incorrectly reading them”.

This is just another incorrect read for me on Gamma.
this
In post 4123, Chemist1422 wrote:also that pete read is probably just a perspective slip

VOTE: DDL
In post 4148, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 4127, Titus wrote:
In post 4124, Chemist1422 wrote:like

I don't think "they are doing the same thing I am, therefore, they are scum for this reason" is ever a thought from a townie
That's not what he said though.
oh i missed a word

UNVOTE: DDL
In post 4152, Chemist1422 wrote:april i mostly have you as scum because you claimed to have a soulread on gamma being town

gamma was not town

what exactly gave you that read on gamma?
Why Chemist is scum to me
@Titus I don’t get it. Explain it like I am 5. It looks like you’re starting from April scum and assuming April is scum then these posts are bad versus using thought.
It's scummy either way.

Chemist placed a suspicious, overexplaining good case vote on April as the wagon gets steam. He unvotes based on a stupid misread allegedly and then gives April a softball question rather than one to sort her.

That's not a town transition.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4330 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 4303, Titus wrote:
In post 4274, Nero Cain wrote:FL getting mad and throwing a fit kinda seems like something I've seen FL do b4 but my biggest hangup is that I was asking him to scumhunt and he more or less refused to do that.
There are just too many tantrums in this game.

First DS has his relatively minor blowup about not being able to counter Gamma.
Then Math has his tantrum.
Then April hers.

Can we stop throwing a fit and actually play the game?
That wasn't a blowup. The issue with the mod directly commenting about a live slot was a blowup and rightly so. But my hammer was not a blowup.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4331 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4328, Nero Cain wrote:ok sure but that still doesn't mean we aren't helping the town. Meanwhile, all you've done is fuss about us and not hunt for the kings army.

Now Titus and I disagree here. She thinks you're just sorta clueless (my words not hers) and sure it's possible that you are just so fixated on this minor detail that you are incapable of moving forward and contributing in a positive manner while I'm a little more cautious and think you could just be using the whole "OMG U GUYS WE HAS CLAIMED 3P HERE!" as an excuse for not hunting Kings army...b/c you are kings army and you can't hunt your own faction.

Yes, you've claimed that you have hunted but you won't say who they are or even try to lead a lynch there b/c Mastina or some petty bullshit.
Cool. Nice summary of the thread. Did you expect restating the same thing over to give a different response?

Assume I am scum for a moment. You know my scum game. Find me a scum game where I didn’t fake hunt. I will wait. I am not scum but you seem fixated on that because I don’t agree and am not catering to you I am scum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:51 pm

In post 4308, Titus wrote:
In post 4305, Nero Cain wrote:naw, this game is frustrating for scum.

inb4

DS
math
april
????

scumteam
I don't think DS is scum. I know you and mastina favor it but I don't think scum!DS is that vocal that early against a scum lynch.

Math I don't think he's scum but don't care bc scumsiding.

April is probably scum.
Ignore this in context to the game, but have I noted how scary it is how much you think you have me nailed down despite me not having played in almost 3 years?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:51 pm

Also Titus, I had a readlist about your questions from yesterday. Thoughts?
“Why was I chosen?'
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@Titus.

Those are filled with adjectives showing your bias.

You need to actually explain.

You’re starting from Chemist has to be scum here’s why.

You sound like a boxed in scum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4332, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 4308, Titus wrote:
In post 4305, Nero Cain wrote:naw, this game is frustrating for scum.

inb4

DS
math
april
????

scumteam
I don't think DS is scum. I know you and mastina favor it but I don't think scum!DS is that vocal that early against a scum lynch.

Math I don't think he's scum but don't care bc scumsiding.

April is probably scum.
Ignore this in context to the game, but have I noted how scary it is how much you think you have me nailed down despite me not having played in almost 3 years?
You haven't changed much, so I see no reason not to judge you the same way.

Also, can you link me to your question? If it's simple, I will answer it and hit the road. Otherwise, I'll answer tomorrow.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4334, MathBlade wrote:@Titus.

I am explaining a scumread. Of course I am going to start from the position they're scum when asked to explain.

Do you TR Chemist? If so, why? ELI5.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

This summarizes how I feel about the day. Maybe this will help and not derail the Mastina/Nero/Titus Hunt.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4338 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:55 pm

In post 4205, DiamondSentinel wrote:
@Titus

As promised, here's my analysis on Chemist, Pickaxe, and S_S. I was going to do a full ISO for them but then I got bored midway through Chemist's.

Chemist - Christoph was awful and scummy, so there's that. Chemist's start was weak, but got a bit better as time went on. However, I do not like how flippant they are now.
Pickaxe - Jumped on Gamma early. Points for them. Unfortunately not much else for them. Not a lot of content and a lot of piggybacking.
S_S - Echo.... Echo echo echo. Everything about Echo was awful. They were my number 2 scumread yesterday. S_S has not remedied that at all. Constantly trying to so confusion/doubt about stuff, low effort quips back at people, etc. etc.

As for them as a scum team.... I'm not sure. There's a lot of distancing there interspersed with some seemingly random votes. It looks like low effort bussing to try and remove association. But I generally try to avoid picking relationships between living players because those are very difficult and can also shift behavior.
In post 4211, DiamondSentinel wrote:Because I'm such a nice guy, I'll even give some more reads for free.

MathBlade - I'm not entirely sold on them not being scum. Vecna was not the best player, and while I recognize that this is just how MathBlade plays, I still don't care much for it. It's like how me being VI is not AI. I suspect this playstyle isn't either.
April - Floundering, flailing, call it what you want, today's reaction to this wagon is
awful
. Eww eww eww. Still, might just be bad town. You guys have speculation as to who they're an alt for, right? Who is that?
DDL - Yikes. This is a nasty slot. Honestly, I find April+DDL to be a stronger scum team than the above 3. No fun to be had here.
MM - Ima be real. I think this is another VI slot without the self-awareness of being a VI slot. I don't think this behavior is scummy, but at the same time, they shouldn't touch any X or Lose situation.
You asked for my reads on Chemist, Pickaxe, and S_S. I also gave them on the other 4.
“Why was I chosen?'
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

still feel like DS getting angry and saying that I was annoying him b/c I (and earlier a50) felt like there was a good chance scum were on the tail end of the Gamma wagon.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4336, Titus wrote:
In post 4334, MathBlade wrote:@Titus.

I am explaining a scumread. Of course I am going to start from the position they're scum when asked to explain.

Do you TR Chemist? If so, why? ELI5.
No. I don’t have a read on Chemist.

A good majority of the game are lurkers. I have a lot of conditionals based on April’s flip here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Titus »

Ok. I'll give some quick nuggets DS.

I agree on Chemist.
Your observations of Pickaxe Pete are correct. I draw the conclusion that Pickaxe Pete was bussing. Ymmv.
SS I am less certain of being scum based on how they played the shellyc situation.
Mathblade - I agree.
April is Boonskiies or was.
DDL feels particularly town. Different from my last game where we were partners. Manatee's mafia. Large normal. It could be just that I am protown though so.
MM- I agree but I don't think we go jettisoning VI just because VI. We need all the town we can get. Occasionally VIs are right. If he's not being annoying, he can stick around.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE: april

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4343 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Now I know what you're thinking: "Super, do you go to art school?" The answer is no, I'm just this talented naturally.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

wich one am I?

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Oh i think i forgot your hair. You have the striped shirt
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh makes sense. titus is the one in the hat and mastina is the ghost looking blob thing.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4348 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4347, Nero Cain wrote:oh makes sense. titus is the one in the hat and mastina is the ghost looking blob thing.
(Joking tone) Are you insulting the talented Superbowl9’s art skills? Scumfirm I tell you! ( this is a joke)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #4349 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

thank you for the visual: i understood, but it made it more clear. your wincon is 100% town, while they have two wincons that they can pursue, one town-aligned, one self-aligned.

is their town wincon the same as yours, requiring one actual town player left alive, or is it different? does their "town" wincon have any extras or changes?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”