Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4550 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4423, Nero Cain wrote:tbf, DDL is prob gonna have a similar playstyle regardless of alignment but I think he could easily flip scum.

jjh lurking is meh, a coin flip. I agree with whomever said that JJH was active us as fuck in previous games but I've also played with him and tunneled the fuck out of his for being a lurksack. Could he be a scum ascetic or scum that fake claimed ascetic to scare off cops from investigating him and maybe?

PP doesn't seem all that different from 229 to me so I'm not sure why you think he is different.

I hold the (prob) unpopular theory that a DDL flip is a waste of our action and that your "they are all scum!" is incredibly lazy.
This post is stupid for a couple of reasons
1) If we have a vig, then and only then is this a waste. But your hood says we don’t have a vig or at least implied it. I am hoping we have a vig. If we don’t have a vig then every scumread has to go.

2) This entire wagon is literally “These players never post” so instead of forcing them to post, out comes the hood again spamming. Titus I am better than I told you so but your hood posting so much is one of the most destructive things this game. Town players become demotivated because what they say doesn’t matter and scum players can hide in apathy due to post count.

3) Our only weapon is the execution to lynch scum reliably if I am right. It may be a “waste” if you are 99.99999999% sure that DDL is scum but we absolutely need to lynch scum here. We legit cannot afford misfades.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4551 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4425, Nero Cain wrote:it's 7 now b/c we have invited norway to our ranks
In post 4430, shellyc wrote:playing on the premier site to play mafia is enticing
In post 4428, Nero Cain wrote:i wonder how pissed off scum are for not shooting us and just letting us dole out powers.
another hot theory for this
scum might not even have a nightkill (cult or redirection????) and there's an SK
There were two kills d1.

The scum faction or faction(s) 100% have a kill or kills.

You can’t have a game with six masons and not give scum a kill.

I know mafia scum tends to townside it’s setups but it wouldn’t go that far.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4552 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4438, shellyc wrote:
In post 4437, Nero Cain wrote:im ok.

DDL is prob scum yeah.
didn't you just say my DDL SR was lazy

what is this inconsistency
In post 4439, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Wow i'm not going to spoil anything but that secret wincon is so COOL. And yeah that makes me trust Titus/Nero/Mastina aren't evil.
...You realize that while unlikely people can and do invent wincons to share when it suits their purpose?

I am not to that level of paranoia of that hood yet, but if something doesn’t change soon I freakin will be.

The wincons don’t flip. I don’t want to know what it is, but the more power the hood(s) claim for have, I am wondering where scum’s nukes are.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4553 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4444, Nero Cain wrote:it's kinda scummy yeah.

can you talk to me about how Pete is different this game than 229?
Can you link 229 so that those of us old foagies can skim it? Or at least give a better name?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4554 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4446, mastina wrote:
In post 4412, shellyc wrote:oh and mastina MUST explain april flipping green ASAP
Sure.
I suppose that Titus/Nero/the 3masons might get mad at me for outting this info now, but my reasons for believing April were threefold.
1: After asking schadd_, schadd_ told us that our Neighborize action
does not show up to action investigation roles
--including, he specified, being invisible to Motion Detectors. Therefore,
April could not have detected Titus 'visiting', because to an action investigation role, she wouldn't have counted as visiting
Meaning either April was faking a guilty (what I believed), or an unspecified role visited Titus--given no town roles stepped up to say they had targeted Titus N1, I felt it unlikely. (Tho now occam's razor says it was a scum role targeting her N1.)

2: We were the ones who made Menalque a tracker. It was one of our powers. (Admittedly, there was a bit of a misunderstanding on our trackerize power, but not sure if this should be claimed publicly, but basically, all three of us misunderstood the role in a way which I felt made April's claim far more likely to be bogus.)

3: We received who PlusJOYED's target was at the end of every night PlusJOYED would target someone, so going into D2 we knew the Disloyal Alignment Cop Inventor had targeted shellyc. This meant that April's role was redundant to our own passive factional power. He theorized his role was meant to confirm PlusJOYED's target...but our passive factional power
already did that
, without a need for his role.

Admittedly, the five others all thought this was weaker evidence than I did, and I was the one who most strongly pushed that this trifecta of reasons condemned April, so I take 100% of the blame for being wrong in this. It was my fuckup and I am sorry, but I think you can agree that if you had all three pieces of this evidence, you'd at least see
why
I felt April was scum as strongly as I did.
1) Please please please fucking listen when I tell you someone is a townread. My scumreads admittedly can be shit. But barring a complete and utter catastrophe my townreads are almost always good. Or at least when I cite certain posts fucking read them. Sometimes you gotta get out of your damn headspace.

2)......Where are the nukes? No, seriously. Your 3P hood supposedly has a neighborizer a king maker, informed of setup actions, a protective action, and I probably left off 2x as many actions but still.

Your hood is acting like a child enjoying all its shiny toys.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4555 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2382, Gamma Emerald wrote:Fucking kill Menalque ASAP
I was scum, but Menalque is still not fucking town
@Mastina

Like seriously. Your hood was supposedly taking Gamma at his word.

But then didn’t take his word here.

Like you and Titus are legit off this game.

This if you’re town siding is horrible.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4556 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Bell »

I would like to just state that for whatever reason my worthless gut says Titus is scum.
Someone said she was confirmed masons with another player or two. could you guys reiterate there that this is the case and that Titus is confirmed town so I don't have to brain space case myself.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4557 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:03 am

Post by Bell »

Or 3rd party town buddy, whatever you call it.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4558 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4556, Bell wrote:I would like to just state that for whatever reason my worthless gut says Titus is scum.
Someone said she was confirmed masons with another player or two. could you guys reiterate there that this is the case and that Titus is confirmed town so I don't have to brain space case myself.
She feels that way because either
A) she is scum and is literally claiming all her hoods powers as theirs and just decided to info dump because she could get away with it and Mastina and Nero and TBD approved
Or
B) (much more likely) she’s a freakin 3P not town.
Or
C) She’s actually town but claiming 3P to avoid being shot.

No matter what she is lying this game.

But see the thing is, we can’t afford to take the chance they are lying. They’re literally nothing more than very very loud wallpaper if truthtelling.

All their shiny toys are like a three year old going “look at me look at me” when the adults are like “we get it you got the newest car for Christmas” let us hunt already.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4559 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4449, shellyc wrote:okaaaaaaaay
mastina hood is town

did schadd go crazy and give that hood so much info this might lead to a town stomp relying on mastinas info alone
Think for a moment.

Just breathe and think.

I cannot explain why but we are very much on the verge of losing. I cannot explain why this is a feeling I have but ..... why?!?!?!

This very likely will not lead to a town stomp. We will be lucky if town lives at all.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4560 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4454, Nero Cain wrote:can someone pls shoot mastina, kthxbi
In post 4452, shellyc wrote:i think pete is quite a convergent player i.e. similar as town and scum
Source please? I am really struggling to read the lurkers and any sort of meta would be appreciated so when people say someone is scummy I can look it up.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4561 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4556, Bell wrote:I would like to just state that for whatever reason my worthless gut says Titus is scum.
Thinking more on this,

I would go so far as to say the hood should be ignored for all things except reads. All the mechanics etc is just noise.

Like I can’t figure out whether they just enjoy doing stupid things or if they are scumsiding but right now I don’t care. I just am going to see what I can do to break the fundamental rules of arithmetic because if I don’t scum win.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4562 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4458, Bell wrote:Looks like everyone thinks it's DDL.

I do not disagree. Though would like to note that Schadd said at least 1. So there could be two or more in that list.
I don't know how much I should be trusting the self-proclaimed 3rd party town block. This game could be easy or we could be on the cusp of being mowed down.
I am very,very scared of the latter.

Especially since it seems scum are content to not shoot Titus/Mastina/Nero. I legit don’t know how to make a square peg fit into a round hole so I am asking the hood to make the hole fucking square.

Because scum will win otherwise.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4563 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4471, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Yeah the hood is pretty OP but in a good way.
In post 4472, mastina wrote:
In post 4447, Bell wrote:Why didn't you just discuss it with them before posting it here?
Well given April's dead and flipped town, Menalque's dead and flipped town, and PlusJOYED is dead and flipped town, in my personal opinion, there was little benefit in hoping to catch scum out by holding out on that info, but there was benefit in explaining where I was coming from yesterday publicly.

Holding back on the info in an April!scum world made sense--but with April not actually as scum, I...really don't see how holding back could help us. At least in my opinion. So I felt like sharing it immediately was okay.
*sigh*

Goes and cries in numbers.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4564 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4479, shellyc wrote:
In post 4473, Bell wrote:
In post 4462, shellyc wrote:
In post 4458, Bell wrote:Looks like everyone thinks it's DDL.

I do not disagree. Though would like to note that Schadd said at least 1. So there could be two or more in that list.
I don't know how much I should be trusting the self-proclaimed 3rd party town block. This game could be easy or we could be on the cusp of being mowed down.
this is such a fence-sitty post it hurts

what i want you to do is obvtown or I'll be deathtunnelling
Where's the fence?

Also, that's depressing and makes a lot of sense Shelly. I guess if I were you, I would try to force the super obv town who has a style geared toward obvious towning to always be going 100%.

But like, I can't. It's tiring and I wanna live life sometimes.
"looks like everyone think its DDL" = stating the consensus without giving a clear stance, Bell doesn't disagree with that but doesn't do anything to push there
IIoA in two or more
shading the hood which has been confirmed by the IC
Yes because third parties never fool an IC. /sarcasm

I just this game. No words.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4565 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Idk what your point is Mathblade.
That the hood is scum? They're not.
That they're 3P? Yes that is true. It's not like that was a big revelation. But they're clearly townsiding atm by spending a lot of time hunting for scum. And last i checked that's the same thing town is supposed to be doing.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4566 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4483, mastina wrote:
In post 4450, Bell wrote:It doesn't really matter how many reasons you have, you pretty much set up munched him instead of trying to read him.
Oh I tried to read him, I just read him as scum. The mechanical reasons were cherries on top given that I thought his play on D2 after a D1 scum lynch was him trying to do damage control, and, yes, April hard-defending a scumbuddy on D1 and then suddenly being more aggressive on D2
is
his scum meta.

I had every reason to think he was scum, not just mechanics.

I was wrong, he wasn't lying about his role (jury's still out on the result but we'll probably not know until postgame if scum targeted Titus N1 or he lied about the visit), the people defending his play as not being scum and saying I was tunneling were right, the people who thought the mechanical indicators of him being scum weren't as definitive as I believed were right, I was wrong in thinking they were as damning as they were, so the people defending April were right and I made a mistake on every level.
In post 4487, jjh927 wrote:Hopefully there's a reason people were voting norwee just?
In post 4498, mastina wrote:
In post 4465, shellyc wrote:why is JJH town
Do you think that, with a scum 1x alien and a town Odd-night Disloyal Alignment Cop Inventor, that schadd_ in addition to the 1x alien gives scum an ascetic to further limit the number of possible guilties?

Remember, the role is odd-night, meaning can only be used half of the nights.
And scum can use an alien one of the nights.
And it takes another night for the alignment cop, if in the hands of one of the six protown nontowns, to get a result from it, and it takes scum not realizing what PlusJOYED's role is if they get it to be guiltied.

In short--the role, with just the 1x alien and the nature of the disloyal odd-night alignment cop inventor, is already hard enough to get a guilty.

And then on top of that, you think schadd_ gives the scum what amounts to a scum godfather?

It's incredibly unlikely especially given series themes of uncertain guilties but certain innocents, and a full ungated ascetic essentially being a scum godfather in this specific game.
Mastina you’re still playing this like a typical game.

Please throw setup spec out the window.

Punt it to the bottom of the ocean and light it on fire for good measure.

Please. You’ve already been wrong disastrously on spec before.

What does the play tell you?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4567 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:33 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4565, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Idk what your point is Mathblade.
That they're 3P? Yes that is true. It's not like that was a big revelation. But they're clearly townsiding atm by spending a lot of time hunting for scum. And last i checked that's the same thing town is supposed to be doing.
I can’t say my point without saying what Titus and Mastina and Nero don’t want me to tell scum.

But I can count down from 12 and divide by two.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4568 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4513, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Alright i finished reading the hood.
This game should be a win if we just don't paranoia eliminate any of the hood members and just go for the scummy outsiders. That's the challenge here, scum will probably be trying all they can to suggest the non-town town alligned groups are evil 3P's that cannot be trusted as this is the only way for them to win.
*dies a bit inside*

Imho if Titus and Mastina are townsiding, they want to fool scum so much they literally fooled themselves.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4569 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4517, mastina wrote:
In post 404, mastina wrote:
In post 104, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Claim Miller Mason, Daycop, scum. - I sleep
Oh in that case I am a mason tracker-inventor N2 doctor. ;)
(Btw I didn't quote this post before, but now that us being responsible for N2 is public and us trackerizing Menalque is public, can I just point out how much of a cheeky fuck I was in this post? It was me refuging in audacity, but
I wasn't lying
; I had all of the powers I claimed in that post. :P)
Yeah I legit don’t see a way to fix this now.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Why of all the things?!?!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4570 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4534, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4528, shellyc wrote:
In post 4527, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4526, shellyc wrote:4518 is shady in a weird way

im gonna be deathtunnelling MM next after I've been more settled on bell
MM/Chemist/DDL/pete/{S_S, TGP} is my current solve
I'm mech conftown though :lol: 2 players can definitely confirm i'm town, and for some reason another 3/4 players are also doing so.

So good luck with that! :wink:
why is mm mech conftown i did not read some of this thread
im not sure if we'd been outted yet (so my bad if not, i got over-excited :facepalm: ) but it doesn't matter in the context of the game now. We're part of the mason group, so A50 knows we are town.
Lovely, just lovely.

Of all the cards not to spill you had to do this one.

Like we are so fucked.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4571 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4567, MathBlade wrote:
I can’t say my point without saying what Titus and Mastina and Nero don’t want me to tell scum.

@NorwegianboyEE please tell me this made sense?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4572 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

Titus and Mastina are literally a waste of a scumread.

If they are scum it won’t matter they’ve pretty much won and it’s really doubtful.

It’s just a waste.

This PoE will kill town before it kills scum.

I just wish you would see why or anyone would.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4573 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:15 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 4571, MathBlade wrote:

No.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4574 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4573, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 4571, MathBlade wrote:

No.
Let me be even more blunt.

Assume 5 scum at start. 4 scum now.

18 alive - 6 “masons” (lack of a better word) = 12 - 4 scum = 8 town max.

Scum can double kill.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”