Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5075 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4743, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4526, shellyc wrote:4518 is shady in a weird way

im gonna be deathtunnelling MM next after I've been more settled on bell
MM/Chemist/DDL/pete/{S_S, TGP} is my current solve
Can you expand more on this please? There’s a couple things that don’t make sense with this team even if you drop off MM?
@shellyc I am looking for the answer to this since you’re caught up
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5076 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5061, Nero Cain wrote:S_S you don't seem to be hunting much
look if I'm given the opportunity to engage fully in a game through exclusively mechanics discussion, I'm taking it ninety-nine times out of a hundred.

I am not good at hunting (and I missed an entire day), but I am good at mechanics, and this game needs all the mechanics help it can get.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5077 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

how can you think didi's army is scum and be so curious about our wincon?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5078 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5074, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5063, MathBlade wrote:Yes. You are. And you’re doing a bad job.
says the person that tunneled us until threat of getting lynched today. and you don't seem to really be pushing your subjects much and every other post is "I can't explain!"
*sigh* You love revisionist history don’t you.

I haven’t tunneled you at all today.

The intro was a polite “reset” request and said I wouldn’t lord it over Mastina/Titus’s head unless they repeated this.

Have I demanded others vote for you? Have I screamed Nero’s scum OMG OMG The thread is on fire?!?!?!?! No

Not tunneling.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5079 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:09 pm

Because I think it's likely that your wincon is not in fact concurrent with town's wincon.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5080 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

there is a50 and confirmed town norway saying that we are town do you not believe them? if you are town you should leave it alone and stop fishing.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5081 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 5075, MathBlade wrote:@shellyc I am looking for the answer to this since you’re caught up
Chemist DDL pete S_S TGP

this is like a PoE basically
chemist pred was complaining hydras vs scumhunting, and chemist has not even tried to further the game at all
DDL is playing like large 229 (scum!them)
pete is just being really bland and lacking any proactiveness at all
S_S isn't scumhunting and focusing on mech is a good way to get townpoints
TGP play is really consensus-y overall
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5082 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 4946, Morning Mage wrote:Strictly speaking, superbowl is actually in charge of the whole thing, but it's a touchy subject.
It’s just a superbowl event that i’m moderating, norway is the ref
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5083 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5079, Something_Smart wrote:Because I think it's likely that your wincon is not in fact concurrent with town's wincon.
Nero’s wincon is apparently pester MathBlade repeatedly.
Other than that I kinda don’t see anything here.

The other win con is obviously bogus. They probably have made up their mind that they’re not going to tell us no matter what. Move on S_S.

Who do you think is scum of the three of them are 3P town siding?
Scum siding?
Scum? (Are there more?)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5084 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:13 pm

Like, I've heard a lot of things said about your wincon. You just said three things that cannot all be true. I'm pretty sure mastina said earlier that you had two wincons, one of which was to see town win, which is implausible and completely counter to everything you've said. Plus, mastina and Titus united to push April based on logic which was not at all anti-town to reveal but that for some reason they acted as though it was.

And, to top it off, you guys have a lot of powers, and it seems very unlikely for those powers to just be town-aligned full stop, especially when the last large MBOS had a third-party faction with a bunch of powers to influence the game and their wincon was to make certain things happen, independent of who won.

Pedit: A50 and Norway do not KNOW your wincon, do they? Didn't one of you say that it was only posted in your faction PT and not in your neighborhood one?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5085 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

they know our wincon.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5086 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 5077, Nero Cain wrote:how can you think didi's army is scum and be so curious about our wincon?
I think you’re just fanning the flames the more you bring up this topic.
This achieves nothing.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5087 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:14 pm

In post 5083, MathBlade wrote:Who do you think is scum of the three of them are 3P town siding?
Scum siding?
(a) why should that change who I think is scum, and (b) you left out what I think is the only reasonable option which is that their wincon is agnostic to town and scum wincons.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5088 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5081, shellyc wrote:S_S isn't scumhunting and focusing on mech is a good way to get townpoints
girl knows whats up

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5089 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:15 pm

Norway, is the Nero/mastina/Titus faction's wincon posted by schadd in their neighborhood PT?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5090 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

not by scadd no

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5091 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5081, shellyc wrote:
In post 5075, MathBlade wrote:@shellyc I am looking for the answer to this since you’re caught up
Chemist DDL pete S_S TGP

this is like a PoE basically
chemist pred was complaining hydras vs scumhunting, and chemist has not even tried to further the game at all
DDL is playing like large 229 (scum!them)
pete is just being really bland and lacking any proactiveness at all
S_S isn't scumhunting and focusing on mech is a good way to get townpoints
TGP play is really consensus-y overall
Do you think some synergize as a team more?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5092 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:16 pm

In post 5081, shellyc wrote:S_S isn't scumhunting and focusing on mech is a good way to get townpoints
Who gives out townpoints for mechanics talk?

If such a person exists, I haven't met them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5093 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:16 pm

In post 5090, Nero Cain wrote:not by scadd no
so they don't know your wincon, they only know what you told them your wincon is.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5094 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 4969, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
In post 4537, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 4525, Morning Mage wrote: How are you so sure that group was not scum though?
There's a lot of genuine solving from Mastina/Nero/Titus in the hood and i would be really impressed if that was scum theatre. They are genuinely attempting to fullfill town's wincon so i trust them based on that.
I suppose I should read before posting but isn't it possible that the hoods aren't completely aligned? What I mean is of of A50's hood or Mastina's (or both) hood may have an anti-hood player? It seems to me that A50's question about the night kill and shelly's answer (I haven't gotten further than that) lend themselves to looking at a vig plus a scum-aligned traitor-type player. Putting that player in one of the hoods seems kind of sexy and wifomy.
No
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5095 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 5091, MathBlade wrote:Do you think some synergize as a team more?
yeeeeeeeeeeeah not much antipartnery things within those 5

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5096 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 4971, Nero Cain wrote:Why is DS town, SB? I felt like his "oh I'm so annoyed @ Nero!" b/c I feel like there's a good chance that scum bussed Gamma and it came from 1 or more of TPG, Chemist or DS. I mean you could argue that DS actully reacting was a town reaction as where chemist and TPG just totally ignored it (at least I think but I don't ever remember a reaction.)
I think DS is the type of scum player where we would know he’s scum
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5097 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5087, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5083, MathBlade wrote:Who do you think is scum of the three of them are 3P town siding?
Scum siding?
(a) why should that change who I think is scum, and (b) you left out what I think is the only reasonable option which is that their wincon is agnostic to town and scum wincons.
Ah. I tend to thing more stream play. Each act can help town or scum more. So if there are more +town acts townsiding. Overall I see your point on b. I just tend to be more “in the moment” focused.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5098 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 4976, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
In post 4624, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4513, NorwegianboyEE wrote:This game should be a win if we just don't paranoia eliminate any of the hood members and just go for the scummy outsiders.
[c i t a t i o n n e e d e d]

I would definitely like it a lot better if the hood members told us what their real wincon was.
queue superbowl blowup, but yes, this would be helpful
How many more diagrams do i need to make?? :lol:
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5099 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 5096, superbowl9 wrote:I think DS is the type of scum player where we would know he’s scum
can you back that up with anything

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”