Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5100 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5093, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5090, Nero Cain wrote:not by scadd no
so they don't know your wincon, they only know what you told them your wincon is.
technically yes but why lie about it?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5101 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5088, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5081, shellyc wrote:S_S isn't scumhunting and focusing on mech is a good way to get townpoints
girl knows whats up
Girl knows how to suck up to Nero.

He literally said that like a page or two or something close.

Girl needs to show me original thought
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5102 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5098, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 4976, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
In post 4624, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4513, NorwegianboyEE wrote:This game should be a win if we just don't paranoia eliminate any of the hood members and just go for the scummy outsiders.
[c i t a t i o n n e e d e d]

I would definitely like it a lot better if the hood members told us what their real wincon was.
queue superbowl blowup, but yes, this would be helpful
How many more diagrams do i need to make?? :lol:
There need to be 9 Super Bowls so a minimum of 17 more apparently.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5103 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

wouldn't all players know if they are scum or not? not reading your pm has been banned for awhile now
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5104 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 4990, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
In post 4761, Nero Cain wrote:a "reaction" test on someone with a pseudo guilty that is/was going to be lynched before that is a lame play, what are you a 2013 join date?
You're still town. Probably. Depressing town.

Why am I'm supposed to set the two mason groups plus norway to the side as confTown again? I think Nero, Mastina, Superbowl, A50 and Norway are all probably town, but I'm supposed to confTown Titus only because she's in this mason group even though she either refuses to read me or can't read me correctly?
Every person who has been grouped with them thinks they’re townsiding or that it’s at least better to treat them as part of town for now. It’s going to be hard for you to convince us otherwise especially since you don’t know what we know
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5105 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Welcome back to another day of "Mathblade outposts the entire thread"
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5106 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5103, Nero Cain wrote:wouldn't all players know if they are scum or not? not reading your pm has been banned for awhile now
Yes what is this in relation to?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5107 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5100, Nero Cain wrote:technically yes but why lie about it?
Your wincon could be any number of things. Look at MBOS 5 for the utterly ridiculous third party team it contained. I would put pretty much nothing past schadd here.

In the infinite space of wincons you could have, most of them include things that you wouldn't want town to know about-- for instance, maybe you need the game to last a certain number of days. Or you need a certain number of town-aligned players to be executed. Or you need to give out power roles and have them used in a certain way. Or you need to outlive the other third party group. Or you need to neighborize half of the living players.

I don't know. But all of these are things you would be motivated to lie about, because otherwise town would realize that you are not acting in their best interests and stop listening to you.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5108 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5078, MathBlade wrote:I haven’t tunneled you at all today.
but what I said is that you DID tunnel us until you were threatened with a lynch. And isn't saying that you tunneled us until today just affirming that you tunnel until Titus' letter with a threat to lynch u? :?

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5109 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:24 pm

In post 5104, superbowl9 wrote:It’s going to be hard for you to convince us otherwise especially since you don’t know what we know
But you don't know what you don't know.

(That sounds stupid but it actually makes sense! Think about it :P)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5110 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5105, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Welcome back to another day of "Mathblade outposts the entire thread"
Welcome back to i was literally gone half the day
And a majority of the posts are needed

Tell Nero to stop doing repetitive shit at my ankles that needs addressing and I quit responding.

He makes a coherent case the responses end.

Otherwise I can’t let him spread BS.

I get he scumreads me but lies and misinformation (like I am tunneling which I am not) and other things can cause issues.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5111 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think it’s clear nobody other than Nero really scumreads you though.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5112 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

just letting you guys know that is it trying to sow doubt between our hoods

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5113 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ugh...

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5114 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5108, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5078, MathBlade wrote:I haven’t tunneled you at all today.
but what I said is that you DID tunnel us until you were threatened with a lynch. And isn't saying that you tunneled us until today just affirming that you tunnel until Titus' letter with a threat to lynch u? :?
Please slow down and read carefully.
You claimed I tunneled you today.
I spent most of yesterday trying to get your team to rescind your bad “guilty”
The beginning could be argued as tunneling when I replaced in if you stretch the meaning so hard it almost breaks.

You’re really pushing here Nero. If you’re going to push me do so with facts
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5115 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5109, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5104, superbowl9 wrote:It’s going to be hard for you to convince us otherwise especially since you don’t know what we know
But you don't know what you don't know.

(That sounds stupid but it actually makes sense! Think about it :P)
just letting you know that this is scum S_S trying to sow doubt between our groups

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5116 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 5099, shellyc wrote:
In post 5096, superbowl9 wrote:I think DS is the type of scum player where we would know he’s scum
can you back that up with anything
My eyes which are reading the game and the heart of the cards which never lies
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5117 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Owls are known for having good vision.

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5118 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:31 pm

In post 5115, Nero Cain wrote:just letting you know that this is scum S_S trying to sow doubt between our groups
Why is that more likely to come from scum than from town?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5119 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5111, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think it’s clear nobody other than Nero really scumreads you though.
Kind of? Not really.

It’s the thing I can’t tell about hood games.

I can’t see some of the undercurrents.

I can’t tell if Titus and Mastina also scum read me and are just funneling through Nero.

It becomes a matter of i don’t know what is going on.

What I do see is someone spreading BS and that can pick up and cause issues. I am trying my best to limit it while making sure Nero is heard with a clearer coherent argument but I don’t know what to do if he doesn’t take it and keeps lying.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5120 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Hey.... I just realized something that could change the game everyone. This is very important.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5121 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Did you all realize that Nero’s faction might have a different wincon??? I don’t know I never considered this angle!! I guess we will have to run all information through SS now, since he is good at setup spec. Im glad I realized this and saved the game!!!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5122 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5114, MathBlade wrote:You claimed I tunneled you today.
no i didn't. I said you tunneled us until you were threatened with a lynch. When were you threatened with a lynch? At the beginning of today. So what I'm saying is that you tunneled yesterday. which is actually what happened.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5123 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh shit, sb is onto us!

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5124 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5121, superbowl9 wrote:Did you all realize that Nero’s faction might have a different wincon??? I don’t know I never considered this angle!! I guess we will have to run all information through SS now, since he is good at setup spec. Im glad I realized this and saved the game!!!
(Laughing while crying emoji that apparently breaks the site) lmao

Clearly.

I get the doubt but sometimes liars if they exist won’t tell you they’re lying.

You gotta go about it another way S_S.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”