Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5150 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5147, MathBlade wrote:Can you move on from this bs please and let me hunt?
sure
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5149, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5135, MathBlade wrote:Sometimes scum sheep reads Nero.
y is shelly scum rather than town with the same read as the both of us?
There’s no thought to it.

It’s copy pasta. It’s a common trick scum do to shade buddies.

“This was used a page back. Good enough for now” type mentality.

Versus actually sitting through and thinking it usually gives more variance and nuance.

It may be the same idea but it won’t have the same packaging
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

eh...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5148, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5144, Nero Cain wrote:p sure that a50 outted that we have a 2nd wincon @ the beginning of d2. S_S just now making a fuss about it is dumb and scummy. Was S_S here on d2 though?
why were you talking before as if you had just one wincon then :/

so you have:
- one wincon which requires town to win and some other stuff to happen, including for you to contribute to every scum execution
- a different wincon which can be achieved midgame and will cause you to exit the game?
(I don’t agree just trying to get in your head) Assume the hood is scum with a traditional win con, I don’t think a 3/25 gets approved. Who else is scum with them?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Sorry last one but

Hey Nero can you tell me your full wincon? I’m bad at finding scum so i’ll just need some setup info to iioa with
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m colossally bad at reading S_S so if anyone knows his scum meta can they explain.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5153, MathBlade wrote:Assume the hood is scum with a traditional win con, I don’t think a 3/25 gets approved. Who else is scum with them?
I certainly don't think they're groupscum, if that's the impression you were under.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5154, superbowl9 wrote:Sorry last one but

Hey Nero can you tell me your full wincon? I’m bad at finding scum so i’ll just need some setup info to iioa with
to steal all your marbles

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5158 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

There isn’t a scum in the hoods either, Gamma seemed too unaware about which players was 3P. Meaning there likely isn’t any scum in any of the hoods. Hence why we should focus on not town players outside the hoods.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5159 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m expecting more song and dance about it. But really, just focus on finding Army.
That’s all we need atm.

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5160 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:02 pm

In post 5158, NorwegianboyEE wrote:There isn’t a scum in the hoods either, Gamma seemed too unaware about which players was 3P. Meaning there likely isn’t any scum in any of the hoods. Hence why we should focus on not town players outside the hoods.
I'm fine with that, on the condition that the next time mastina says someone is confirmed scum, we ignore her.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5161 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5156, Something_Smart wrote:I certainly don't think they're groupscum, if that's the impression you were under.
so y aren't you hunting group scum again?

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5162 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5156, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5153, MathBlade wrote:Assume the hood is scum with a traditional win con, I don’t think a 3/25 gets approved. Who else is scum with them?
I certainly don't think they're groupscum, if that's the impression you were under.
Oh then your pushing to be blunt is spam and useless.

They have said they aren’t town.

One big thing a friend of mine told me is
“You shouldn’t be aiming to force someone to do a thing”
Rather
“They should be begging to do it”

Nero/Titus/Mastina have zero incentive to answer it.

Demanding answers on a day we can’t execute
On a day we can’t vote
Doesn’t even tell you if you’re effective

I am pissed at the council’s play too

But this doesn’t work.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5163 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:04 pm

In post 5161, Nero Cain wrote:so y aren't you hunting group scum again?
Because this game is far too chaotic right now for me to get > rand scumreads?

And I suspect this is true of most people, but at least I'm admitting it.

And the main reason why this is the case is due to your faction-mates. So that's why I'm focusing on you.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5164 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5159, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m expecting more song and dance about it. But really, just focus on finding Army.
That’s all we need atm.
I would settle for scum of any kind.

But at this moment is odd.

Do you know why you said it like that?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:06 pm

In post 5162, MathBlade wrote:But this doesn’t work.
Of course it doesn't. Nothing I do in mafia games ever works. So I might as well pick a useless thing that I enjoy.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

so...excuses got it

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 5164, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5159, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m expecting more song and dance about it. But really, just focus on finding Army.
That’s all we need atm.

Idk what ur saying.

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5168 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:07 pm

In post 5164, MathBlade wrote:Do you know why you said it like that?
Presumably because he believes the Titustinaro faction's claim that Army is the only anti-town faction.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 4971, Nero Cain wrote:Why is DS town, SB? I felt like his "oh I'm so annoyed @ Nero!" b/c I feel like there's a good chance that scum bussed Gamma and it came from 1 or more of TPG, Chemist or DS. I mean you could argue that DS actully reacting was a town reaction as where chemist and TPG just totally ignored it (at least I think but I don't ever remember a reaction.)
Are you blind or dumb? Or illiterate?

I was defending gamma and was leading the counter wagon. If you’re going to claim I’m scum, at least fucking read instead of speaking out your ass.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ya'll ready for N. Cain to drop some nxt lvl knowledge?

Army can't hunt themselves. lookin @ you S_S.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5167, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 5164, MathBlade wrote:
That’s all we need atm.

Idk what ur saying.
Atm = at this moment.

This implies more to do after removing the Army.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5168, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5164, MathBlade wrote:Do you know why you said it like that?
Presumably because he believes the Titustinaro faction's claim that Army is the only anti-town faction.
It actually means not.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:09 pm

In post 5170, Nero Cain wrote:Army can't hunt themselves. lookin @ you S_S.
But... they can pretend to?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5169, DiamondSentinel wrote:I was defending gamma and was leading the counter wagon.
and you should be town read for that?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”