Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5225 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

the guy accused me of being inconsistent and then can't back it up then argues that b/c it was a "lolhammer" it couldn't have been a scum bud hammering a scumbud for town cred.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5226 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5224, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 5220, Something_Smart wrote:What are you trying to accomplish with all this sarcasm, superbowl?
It’s the only way I can cope with terrible posts besides to push you for posting terribly. I could do that if you want but i prefer to keep the mood happy!
He’s trying to say stop feeding the trolly behavior and get back to hunting.

If you can’t get what you want directly try a different way.

And if that doesn’t work a third.

Then if that doesn’t work just stop.

Reboot. Work on something else.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5227 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 5225, Nero Cain wrote:the guy accused me of being inconsistent and then can't back it up then argues that b/c it was a "lolhammer" it couldn't have been a scum bud hammering a scumbud for town cred.
Bro, you’re raising gaslighting to an art form.

I’ve pointed out multiple ways that you were inconsistent. Hopefully the other players graduated from kindergarten and learned to read, unlike you.

This shit’s kept me up for longer than I should have let it. Good riddance.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5228 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5224, superbowl9 wrote:It’s the only way I can cope with terrible posts besides to push you for posting terribly. I could do that if you want but i prefer to keep the mood happy!
If you think my posts are terrible and that's hurting your enjoyment of the game, maybe you should let me know what about my posts is terrible so that I can stop making terrible posts. It's not like I'm doing it on purpose.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5229 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

I think you all think we are being patronizing to you but what is TRULY patronizing is you thinking that you know better than us what yo do with private information. If you don’t trust us because we won’t give you info, that’s fine. The point has been made ad nauseum. But when you just continue to rehash the same basic arguments over and over it really makes me wonder what you expect to happen? You end up posting things like “it’s better to discuss in main thread if information is not secret!” - like do you think we joined MS last week? :lol:
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5230 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 4964, Bell wrote:Though also, titus’s defense of DDL does not read like town either and i’ve Been told multiple times they’re confirmed third party and for all purposes town and I just cannot shut up about this.

My scumdar is broken.
i know, i can't believe it either! :lol:
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5231 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5228, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5224, superbowl9 wrote:It’s the only way I can cope with terrible posts besides to push you for posting terribly. I could do that if you want but i prefer to keep the mood happy!
If you think my posts are terrible and that's hurting your enjoyment of the game, maybe you should let me know what about my posts is terrible so that I can stop making terrible posts. It's not like I'm doing it on purpose.
I agree with some of the sentiment of your posts.

Your posts are terrible.

Stop trying to get a horse to drink.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5232 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 5229, superbowl9 wrote:I think you all think we are being patronizing to you but what is TRULY patronizing is you thinking that you know better than us what yo do with private information. If you don’t trust us because we won’t give you info, that’s fine. The point has been made ad nauseum. But when you just continue to rehash the same basic arguments over and over it really makes me wonder what you expect to happen? You end up posting things like “it’s better to discuss in main thread if information is not secret!” - like do you think we joined MS last week? :lol:
Bro i'm vibing with you so hard right now.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5233 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

No I actually think it’s funny and enjoy trolling a lot! If it gets too far lmk because im not here to try to ruin people’s day but I do enjoy a good laugh at someone’s expense from time to time. I just genuinely think this is a better way to enjoy the game
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5234 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5232, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 5229, superbowl9 wrote:I think you all think we are being patronizing to you but what is TRULY patronizing is you thinking that you know better than us what yo do with private information. If you don’t trust us because we won’t give you info, that’s fine. The point has been made ad nauseum. But when you just continue to rehash the same basic arguments over and over it really makes me wonder what you expect to happen? You end up posting things like “it’s better to discuss in main thread if information is not secret!” - like do you think we joined MS last week? :lol:
Bro i'm vibing with you so hard right now.
Me too.

This.

You’d think when I got chewed out for this on day two it was old news.

Apparently not.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5235 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 5226, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5224, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 5220, Something_Smart wrote:What are you trying to accomplish with all this sarcasm, superbowl?
It’s the only way I can cope with terrible posts besides to push you for posting terribly. I could do that if you want but i prefer to keep the mood happy!
He’s trying to say stop feeding the trolly behavior and get back to hunting.

If you can’t get what you want directly try a different way.

And if that doesn’t work a third.

Then if that doesn’t work just stop.

Reboot. Work on something else.
I mean today is not really a big scumhunting day (at least publically, idt you know the work ive had to put into PT today) because i can’t sway the elim much in main thread anyways. But i never let some chuckles get in the way of finding scum! SS is not in my focus short term anyways
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5236 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 4996, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
In post 4995, Pickaxe Pete wrote:This slipped right by me. I'm not necessarily town reading MM either but for the mason group.
Actually, one in each group makes sense.
its a good theory. unfortunately, everyone in our group is mod-confirmed non-scum. the other group are claiming the same is the case for them. so it has to be all or nothing i think.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5237 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5233, superbowl9 wrote:
No I actually think it’s funny and enjoy trolling a lot! If it gets too far lmk because im not here to try to ruin people’s day but I do enjoy a good laugh at someone’s expense from time to time. I just genuinely think this is a better way to enjoy the game
I hear this MathBlade dude is stubborn.

He keeps insisting on using the word redacted as much as possible.

Or reasons.

Weird dude he is.

It’s like he wants to say something and not. Maybe he should figure out a way to rip on himself that defuses tension. Nah he won’t because reasons.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5238 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Its 4am math go to sleep youre drunk
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5239 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5236, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4995, Pickaxe Pete wrote:This slipped right by me. I'm not necessarily town reading MM either but for the mason group.
its a good theory. unfortunately, everyone in our group is mod-confirmed non-scum. the other group are claiming the same is the case for them. so it has to be all or nothing i think.
Now I am going to ask this very very dumb question:

Mod confirmed not army?
Or mod confirmed not scum.

Don’t answer aloud I am just the idiot.

Just leaving this here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5240 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 4999, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
In post 4808, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 4807, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4805, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 2499, Gamma Emerald wrote:I am baffled by why DDl is getting SRed when he's being the most protown I've ever seen him be
I re-read Gamma ISO. Like a TGP flip.
Down for either one. Tgp would be good. But Gamma defending DDL like that is usually a bad look unless this is twilight. Lemme go look. If this is post twilight consider me wanting to lunch Pete.
he defended DDL throughout though. TGP he flip-flopped on. Initially defending, then distancing when it looked like his goose was cooked.
This doesn't change my position.
he didnt comment on you at all, but you made that too easy
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5241 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5239, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5236, Morning Mage wrote:
Now I am going to ask this very very dumb question:

Mod confirmed not army?
Or mod confirmed not scum.

Don’t answer aloud I am just the idiot.

Just leaving this here.
mod-confirmed 3p with town win-con
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5242 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I'm sorry if you got the impression that I think I know more than you. I don't think that.

What I think is that you and I both know very little about their faction. If you have mod-confirmed information that they are trustworthy, that's certainly something you should share with the class. But otherwise, you are in the same boat as I am where you have only their words that their wincon is whatever they told you it was.

As for the comment about discussing stuff in thread, well your sarcasm was pissing me off and I was trying to find a constructive way to respond to it. Your response implied that it was obvious that their wincon might not be what they claimed, but that implication didn't fit with my impression of the game.

So yes I do think it's too far, it genuinely irritated me and made me not want to continue sharing my thoughts because this is how they are going to be treated.

This game is a shitfest right now. You don't need to make it worse.

And now there are seventeen thousand pedits. I'll just post this anyway.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5243 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

*facepalm*

Yep...didn’t get it. It’s 1 am for me
Time for bed.

Good night

Please no ww3 after work for me
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5244 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5001, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4990, Pickaxe Pete wrote:You're still town. Probably. Depressing town.

Why am I'm supposed to set the two mason groups plus norway to the side as confTown again? I think Nero, Mastina, Superbowl, A50 and Norway are all probably town, but I'm supposed to confTown Titus only because she's in this mason group even though she either refuses to read me or can't read me correctly?
y am I depressing?

I mean, it ultimately boils down to trust. There's one 5 person scum group (4 now) and we and a50's group are 2 short of that. And this was a 23 player, ofc I was spoiled but 5/18 is like a normal setup and to get 18 town the 6 3p
HAVE
to be town.

oh you don't believe me?

you think this is a 3/20 setup? if this was a 3/20 setup I'll be the first to yell @ someone to remove schadds modding privileges.
In post 0, schadd_ wrote:DAY 1: Gamma Emerald was a 1-shot alien from King Doris Donatello's Army.
NIGHT 1: NorwegianboyEE is not part of King Doris Donatello's Army.
NIGHT 2: at least one of DrDolittle, jjh927 and Pickaxe Pete is part of King Doris Donatello's Army.
Do those really sound like the kinda things that don't imply that the kings army isn't scum? Why hasn't the kings army faction come forward?
B/C THEY ARE FUCKING SCUM AND THEY KNOW IT.

you can ignore the absolute fuck out of Titus, Mastina, a50, MM and SB. Lord knows I am but you need to trust me.

Is there any specific reason that you don't trust me?

Now ofc if you are scum I just look silly but eh...
this is not a town-like post, and i dont understand why nero made it. :facepalm:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5245 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

:(
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5246 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5016, DiamondSentinel wrote:I have some terrible set-up spec in my mind, but it gets us nowhere.

But basically it boils down to today's result being connected to yesterday's result. I think they're the same ability.

Anyways, can we please stop talking about the two 3p groups as masons? They absolutely aren't. While they may act pro-town currently, I genuinely don't think that it's something we can count on, especially since they refuse to be open about exactly how it works.
no you're wrong dude, we're just plain old masons basically, but we show up 3p/guilty to cops or something.
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5247 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5002, Pickaxe Pete wrote: I just don't understand why members of your "town" 3P are acting scummy.
fair
In post 5003, Nero Cain wrote:am I acting scummy?
yes
In post 5010, Pickaxe Pete wrote:
In post 5007, Nero Cain wrote:it's clearly someone's ability
I'm going to be the idiot here and say that it doesn't seem clear to me.
agree
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5248 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

go away BM

Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5249 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5031, Bell wrote:Mostly that was a comment on the names of the factions or at least added to it. ESP. In regards to flavor.

It also didn’t click with me that there were 2 extra factions with two different win conditions and that the two factions might have competing alternative win conditions where one is more achievable than the other and may result in less interest in town siding.

Is morning mage another faction? Or just Mason’s?
yes we are another faction entirely muahahahahaha

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”