jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5275 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:29 am

Post by jjh927 »

I choose to believe the block of town-aligned third parties have our best interests at heart because there are lots of them
There is no more that needs to be argued there
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5276 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:28 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5275, jjh927 wrote:I choose to believe the block of town-aligned third parties have our best interests at heart because there are lots of them
There is no more that needs to be argued there
sound logic
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5277 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:29 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5266, shellyc wrote:DS probs in the scumpool as well due to Poe + I dislike the shading and discrediting
i mean you were literally doing the same until you got called out though...
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5278 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5267, Bell wrote:I very slightly read DS as town.
i'm inclined to agree, only because it makes no sense for him as scum to be out on a limb like he is. I know some will say that maybe he's doing it precisely to get townread, but in a game like this where there isn't much emphasis on reads/scumhunting, and somebody just got elimmed for arguing against the masons, and a mason is unilaterally choosing the elim today it seems unlikely.

so we're going DS-town
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5279 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:52 am

Post by Morning Mage »

I'm gonna make a bold guess and say I think only 1 of those 3 listed by the Mod is scum. otherwise this game is broken as hell, and if it's a scum-driven requirement, they would almost certainly do 1 scum, 2 town. So if we flip scum within that trio, I'm ok with giving the others a pass for the time being. If we assume A50 aint gonna kill a mason, here's my readslist:

Would most shoot:

TheGoldenParadox - red flag interaction with Gamma-scum
DrDoLittle - too much buddying with Gamma-scum throughout, and within mod's scumpool.
Pickaxe Pete - not a great ISO at all, and within the mod's scumpool.
Bell - i just read ISO. definitely reads as informed minority who knew Gamma was scum (hence a regular smattering of distancing throughout Day 1 without really pushing his elim), and knew April was town (decidedly unconvinced about the whole thing, but not really pushing for a save or any alternative).
Tayl0r Swift - moderate gut feeling she is scum this game, due to gamma interplay.
shellyc - Predecessor was very scummy.
jjh927 - this guy has been lurky as hell, so i can't really say scummy. but he was here since the start and has an award for "best replacement". lurkerscum?
MathBlade - good player, overall has felt town, feels slightly less town today for reasons. I was more bought into him being town when he was tunnelled on the masons, now I'm less sold.
Chemist1422 - pretty null, i'll go town by PoE I guess.
DiamondSentinel - blindly attacking the masons, which would be very dumb as scum, as explained above.
Something_Smart - understands how this game works, even if scum, for goodness sake don't shoot this guy, we need his knowledge.

Would least shoot:
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5280 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:27 am

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

In post 5273, jjh927 wrote:Of the funky little trio I'm in, I'm a little confused by Pete suggesting nothing indicates the army is scum when Gamma literally claimed scum
What are you talking about? I never suggested any such thing?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5281 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:29 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 5242, Something_Smart wrote:Your response implied that it was obvious that their wincon might not be what they claimed, but that implication didn't fit with my impression of the game.
Like this is literally the game of mafia though, pretty sure any day 1 player could tell you this. We’ve simply made a judgement that taking them at their word is more helpful than not. Imagine someone claimed a power role and we talked for 10 pages about the fact that they MIGHT be lying and actually be scum! You would probably say that’s a pretty surface-level observation to be discussing over and over again, wouldn’t you??
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5282 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:30 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 5279, Morning Mage wrote:I'm gonna make a bold guess and say I think only 1 of those 3 listed by the Mod is scum. otherwise this game is broken as hell, and if it's a scum-driven requirement, they would almost certainly do 1 scum, 2 town. So if we flip scum within that trio, I'm ok with giving the others a pass for the time being. If we assume A50 aint gonna kill a mason, here's my readslist:

Would most shoot:

DrDoLittle - too much buddying with Gamma-scum throughout, and within mod's scumpool.
Bell - i just read ISO. definitely reads as informed minority who knew Gamma was scum (hence a regular smattering of distancing throughout Day 1 without really pushing his elim), and knew April was town (decidedly unconvinced about the whole thing, but not really pushing for a save or any alternative).
Tayl0r Swift - moderate gut feeling she is scum this game, due to gamma interplay.
jjh927 - this guy has been lurky as hell, so i can't really say scummy. but he was here since the start and has an award for "best replacement". lurkerscum?
MathBlade - good player, overall has felt town, feels slightly less town today for reasons. I was more bought into him being town when he was tunnelled on the masons, now I'm less sold.
DiamondSentinel - blindly attacking the masons, which would be very dumb as scum, as explained above.
Something_Smart - understands how this game works, even if scum, for goodness sake don't shoot this guy, we need his knowledge.

Would least shoot:
TS is bleeding green and idk why nobody else sees it
they're spiritually interested in solving while being town taylor who is less of a tryhard.

MM, what we have to do in that trio is outWIFOM the scum. I doubt its 1 scum 2 town if scum picked it tbh. if the one scum gets flipped, town will just ignore the others thus losing out on chainlynching
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5283 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:30 am

Post by Titus »

Alright. I have a request to slow the rate of posting so I can data dive.

@Pete, Do you prefer a DDL or jjh lynch today? Outside of the pool, who is your lynch?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5284 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:31 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 5270, jjh927 wrote:However, VOTE: A50 is probably the correct call here?
No stop obvscumming
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5285 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:32 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Actually keep obvscumming it will help my case
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5286 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:32 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 5279, Morning Mage wrote:Bell - i just read ISO. definitely reads as informed minority who knew Gamma was scum (hence a regular smattering of distancing throughout Day 1 without really pushing his elim), and knew April was town (decidedly unconvinced about the whole thing, but not really pushing for a save or any alternative).
Bell felt eh at first given their ability to obvtown but:

there's OOG things that impact that slots ability to give content but i feel like their reaction towards my pressure + [redacted] makes town!bell

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5287 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:33 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 5277, Morning Mage wrote:i mean you were literally doing the same until you got called out though...
what did I ever shade and discredit

I have been a sound believer in that the 6 3ps are protown since I joined this game

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5288 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:34 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Bell towntold btw if he’s scum he’s not helping his team so you can townblock him
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5289 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:35 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 5278, Morning Mage wrote:
i'm inclined to agree, only because it makes no sense for him as scum to be out on a limb like he is. I know some will say that maybe he's doing it precisely to get townread, but in a game like this where there isn't much emphasis on reads/scumhunting, and somebody just got elimmed for arguing against the masons, and a mason is unilaterally choosing the elim today it seems unlikely.

so we're going DS-town
why is blindly shading the masons ever protown
do you think that's tstbs

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5290 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:36 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If scum picked it it’s probably all 3 scum ;)
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5291 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:37 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5282, shellyc wrote:
In post 5279, Morning Mage wrote:I'm gonna make a bold guess and say I think only 1 of those 3 listed by the Mod is scum. otherwise this game is broken as hell, and if it's a scum-driven requirement, they would almost certainly do 1 scum, 2 town. So if we flip scum within that trio, I'm ok with giving the others a pass for the time being. If we assume A50 aint gonna kill a mason, here's my readslist:

Would most shoot:

Would least shoot:
TS is bleeding green and idk why nobody else sees it
they're spiritually interested in solving while being town taylor who is less of a tryhard.

MM, what we have to do in that trio is outWIFOM the scum. I doubt its 1 scum 2 town if scum picked it tbh. if the one scum gets flipped, town will just ignore the others thus losing out on chainlynching
i agree on less of a tryhard point for taylor. the rest i disagree.
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5292 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:37 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5290, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If scum picked it it’s probably all 3 scum ;)
:lol:
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5293 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:38 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 5288, superbowl9 wrote:Bell towntold btw if he’s scum he’s not helping his team so you can townblock him
can you elaborate a bit further than this

assuming we're not nuking the masons I would go
DrDoLittle
Pickaxe Pete
Chemist1422
TGP
Something_Smart/DiamondSentinel
jjh927
MathBlade
Tayl0r Swift/Bell

Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5294 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5289, shellyc wrote:

so we're going DS-town
i didnt say it was protown. i said i thought it made him more likely town. and i literally explained why in the post you quoted, so i dont know why you're asking me to repeat it??
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5295 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:39 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 5291, Morning Mage wrote:i agree on less of a tryhard point for taylor. the rest i disagree.
MM i believe you're protown aligned and due to not wanting to spam the thread I'm gonna agree to disagree

also where is MT can you guys sign posts

Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5296 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5284, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 5270, jjh927 wrote:However, VOTE: A50 is probably the correct call here?
No stop obvscumming
i mean, he was right though
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5297 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:40 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 5294, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 5289, shellyc wrote:

so we're going DS-town
i didnt say it was protown. i said i thought it made him more likely town. and i literally explained why in the post you quoted, so i dont know why you're asking me to repeat it??
yeah. that actively opposing them is town because its too bold of a scum play. but I can def see DS going with that approach to farm towncred and this is like. half a poe read.

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5298 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:40 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 5293, shellyc wrote:
In post 5288, superbowl9 wrote:Bell towntold btw if he’s scum he’s not helping his team so you can townblock him
can you elaborate a bit further than this

assuming we're not nuking the masons I would go
DrDoLittle
Pickaxe Pete
Chemist1422
TGP
Something_Smart/DiamondSentinel
jjh927
MathBlade
Tayl0r Swift/Bell
Do you townread jjh or something??
He towntold by not even knowing there were 2 mason factions. Assuming he didn’t just pretend to not know that while actually keeping up with the game, paying that little attention to mechanical info is a towntell
Morning Mage
Morning Mage
Goon
Morning Mage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5299 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Morning Mage »

In post 5295, shellyc wrote:
In post 5291, Morning Mage wrote:i agree on less of a tryhard point for taylor. the rest i disagree.
MM i believe you're protown aligned and due to not wanting to spam the thread I'm gonna agree to disagree
i'm obviously protown aligned, but i think you're wrong and am not going to argue it further. my assumption is my assumption.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”