Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5550 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Bell »

This isn't really the kinda posting I was expecting on the weekend from White knight hero Jjh927.

Regarding the DDL "everyone thinks he's scum therefore the scum team does too"

Is a little difficult for me.

On the one hand they lost gamma which might make them hesitate to bus again (the scum team may suck) or at least no argue alternatives.
On the otherhand, Gamma. Was fairly close to a consensus kill in the thread.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5551 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5546, mastina wrote:
In post 4566, MathBlade wrote:What does the play tell you?
On jjh?

Nothing.

Scum-jjh used to be lurker-jjh, BUT, that meta is thoroughly obsolete, as not only,
1: has scum-jjh proven he can and will be a not-lurker, but also,
2: town-jjh has repeatedly time and time again demonstrated that he can and will be a lurker.

So jjh being a lurker here? By play is completely and utterly dead-null.

In terms of contributions for however sparse they may be though?

Still town, because:
In post 1028, jjh927 wrote:Hey mastina, I was gonna vote Titus
Can you confirm once more your strong disagreement with this course of action
jjh's way of working with me felt town,
In post 1031, jjh927 wrote:
In post 848, Almost50 wrote:
schadd_ wrote:
motifs of the series:

assignment of roles to town by mafia; heavy information to mafia;
night actions being determined by events (e.g., two players are assigned to collaboratively use a doctor ability); normal roles or otherwise non-flashy roles; uncertain guilties vs. certain innocents; setup fake-outs; vanilla by any other name tastes just as sweet.
Shit I missed this too
In post 1032, jjh927 wrote:Okay my role is like, the worst imaginable that could be assigned to jjh927
In post 1039, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1037, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1032, jjh927 wrote:Okay my role is like, the worst imaginable that could be assigned to jjh927
Yeah I wouldn't want to roll caught scum either :/
Nonono, someone has gone through a list of roles and assigned me the one that fits me and the way I tend to play the least
In post 1040, jjh927 wrote:I am what they call an early game player because I actually find scum in the early game and then I get killed so I don't get to play in the late game
I only tend to see lategame when I have roles that can prevent me from dying, my record with which speaks for itself
I liked jjh's mechanical takes on things and feel he was being very genuine and sincere in this,
In post 1036, jjh927 wrote:Yeah that wasn't a meme vote
I liked what little he did give, and,
In post 1038, jjh927 wrote:Not too sure about it right now but then I also respect your play
Also chances are you're probably a mafia roleblocker
Given scum had a 1x alien, I liked this take on things even if the player he was using the logic on was town. (Basically, a good take.)

Are these strong reasons to townread jjh off of play?

Oh hell no, of course they're not. They're borderline-rvs-levels of "town indicators, but weak town indicators", because jjh hasn't given a lot.
But given the mechanical reasons are fairly strong...
So the TLDR is you’re doing what you did with April.

The specific thing I asked you not to do.

*sigh*

It’s like iioa wins with your hood.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5552 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 5542, jjh927 wrote:I think for at least 3 separate reasons, A50 not being a realistic option for a scumkill is better for town than Norwee not being a realistic option for a scumkill
Let's hear it
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5553 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4621, Something_Smart wrote:I don't get it. You can't do this crap here.
I can and have, fairly successfully I might add; I've been one of the better players at doing so. :P

That being said, I'll admit/confess; my efforts here this game are less successful than in prior games because I can only guess, I can only assume, what schadd_ thought of the six nontown protowns. It's an admittedly huge variable in the setup because it's hard to gauge what schadd_ thought of our groups in terms of setup balance.

The heavy presence of third party throws off the ease of interpreting simple town/scum outguessing of the mod. :P
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5554 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5552, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 5542, jjh927 wrote:I think for at least 3 separate reasons, A50 not being a realistic option for a scumkill is better for town than Norwee not being a realistic option for a scumkill
Let's hear it
Please, don't. We're on to something here, and you know it. Don't engage in "side-talk" even though I sense jjh's intentions are well and sincere.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5555 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

mastina, please get to the flesh of the matter.

We have a claim from Chemist now. . This is what I summoned you from the PT to evaluate for me. THANK YOU

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5556 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

And NOW -of all times- everybody goes SILENT! :facepalm:

I mean, just because it's MU shot doesn't mean you can't evaluate the claim you've just witnessed presented! ALL OF YOU.

@Bell: Why did you go silent on this matter??
@jjh: What do you think of that claim?
@Mathblade: Any comments regarding this?
@S_S: You're our resident mechanical expert, and your experience is well needed.

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5557 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Bell »

Did you not play that newyork game with me?

I'm about as qualified to comment on game balance as a rubber duck.

I read it, but I just plain didn't know what to say.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5558 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5556, Almost50 wrote:And NOW -of all times- everybody goes SILENT! :facepalm:

I mean, just because it's MU shot doesn't mean you can't evaluate the claim you've just witnessed presented! ALL OF YOU.

@Bell: Why did you go silent on this matter??
@jjh: What do you think of that claim?
@Mathblade: Any comments regarding this?
@S_S: You're our resident mechanical expert, and your experience is well needed.
I already asked a question to Chemist.

To give my opinion spoils that question. I generally like to know the why behind the what. Scum are good at faking what’s but not why’s.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5559 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Math: OK. Let's wait till you do get your answer.
@Bell: I am not asking you to so a whole setup spec. I am asking if you believe that claim or if you see anything wrong with it.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5560 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5559, Almost50 wrote:@Math: OK. Let's wait till you do get your answer.
@Bell: I am not asking you to so a whole setup spec. I am asking if you believe that claim or if you see anything wrong with it.
I guess since you brought up setup spec I think this has to be looked at very differently for balance.

Using traditional methods imho fails. This is not in regards to any particular claim this is in regards to overall and my theory.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5561 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4664, superbowl9 wrote:What reason do you have to believe the ungated ascetic claim??
Because,
1: ascetic is a passive role, not an activated role, therefore, is not a role that schadd_'s likely to tack on modifiers for,
2: ascetic is a bad role to put modifiers like x-shot on because with it as a passive action, handling how players target you is rather awkward,
3: ascetic is one of schadd_'s favorite roles to put into games as either alignment; schadd_ almost always has an ascetic in his games. Like, 80+% of schadd_ games have an ascetic in them. These ascetic roles are never gated.

So the ungated ascetic claim is 100% truthful; the only question is whether the role is town or scum and I believe both from play and setup spec that it's more likely to be a town role.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5562 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5561, mastina wrote:
In post 4664, superbowl9 wrote:What reason do you have to believe the ungated ascetic claim??
Because,
1: ascetic is a passive role, not an activated role, therefore, is not a role that schadd_'s likely to tack on modifiers for,
2: ascetic is a bad role to put modifiers like x-shot on because with it as a passive action, handling how players target you is rather awkward,
3: ascetic is one of schadd_'s favorite roles to put into games as either alignment; schadd_ almost always has an ascetic in his games. Like, 80+% of schadd_ games have an ascetic in them. These ascetic roles are never gated.

So the ungated ascetic claim is 100% truthful; the only question is whether the role is town or scum and I believe both from play and setup spec that it's more likely to be a town role.
Didn’t you literally just say play is null?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5563 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Because,

This makes sense and I agree with it but I'm still reserving a doubt card after your april thing :P
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5564 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 5559, Almost50 wrote:@Math: OK. Let's wait till you do get your answer.
if I thought something was especially off I would have said something anyway.
it's a little odd that they half claimed out of nowhere? I'm not sure. We have a tracker and motion detector flipped. S_S thinks the mass investigator is some kind of scum aligned role? So half assed investigators part tres might make sense? It doesn't seem like a very good fake claim to me.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5565 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Bell »

This is an invitation for Chemist to explain why they decided to claim now btw.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #5566 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 5562, MathBlade wrote:
Because,

Didn’t you literally just say play is null?
did you READ her post?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5567 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5565, Bell wrote:This is an invitation for Chemist to explain why they decided to claim now btw.
Check :facepalm:

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5568 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5565, Bell wrote:This is an invitation for Chemist to explain why they decided to claim now btw.
b/c she was asked/told to by a50
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5569 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4672, DrDolittle wrote:Its amazing you guys are not focusing on the mechanical inconsistency that April detected motion from titus and madrina says he can't.
In post 4673, DrDolittle wrote:Instead you're just doing the small brained play on shoving me down. Like those tho are saying 3p is town and should never be executing are like communist apologists.
In post 4678, DrDolittle wrote:Math blade if you think that a clear contradiction is just a 'little thing' you're a truly awful player
For the record.

These are the posts of a playerslot that some people for some reason seem to be defending as being town.

When they're pretty blatant scumplaining to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5570 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@TGP
So jjh being a lurker here? By play is completely and utterly dead-null.

Did you?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5571 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Excuse the number typo mobile
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #5572 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 5546, mastina wrote:In terms of contributions for however sparse they may be though?

Still town
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5573 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5569, mastina wrote:
In post 4672, DrDolittle wrote:Its amazing you guys are not focusing on the mechanical inconsistency that April detected motion from titus and madrina says he can't.
In post 4673, DrDolittle wrote:Instead you're just doing the small brained play on shoving me down. Like those tho are saying 3p is town and should never be executing are like communist apologists.
In post 4678, DrDolittle wrote:Math blade if you think that a clear contradiction is just a 'little thing' you're a truly awful player
For the record.

These are the posts of a playerslot that some people for some reason seem to be defending as being town.

When they're pretty blatant scumplaining to me.
Now there I am agreeing with you.

As I said before nuke all three. I don’t care.

But if Chemists claim ...(must not spoil active question)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5574 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5572, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 5546, mastina wrote:In terms of contributions for however sparse they may be though?

Still town
You’re failing to see the point. I dunno if it’s intentional or not.

She said by play (no qualifiers null)
Then she said by play (no qualifiers) town.

There is something up with that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”