pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #5625 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by schadd_ »

the bedframe is more important than the mattress

vote count 3.2

NorwegianboyEE (11):
Nero Cain, Bell, shellyc, Titus, Tayl0r Swift, mastina, Pickaxe Pete, superbowl9, Morning Mage, NorwegianboyEE, MathBlade
Almost50 (1):
jjh927

not voting (5):
Chemist1422, DiamondSentinel, Something_Smart, DrDolittle, TheGoldenParadox

18 are alive; 1-shot Bulletproof is given to someones Ass at the end of the day. day 3 starts now and ends november 5th at 02:15 central US time; in (expired on 2020-11-05 02:15:00)

mod notes
  • the bulletproofing is not selected at majority, rather a plurality is found when the day ends
  • , you should use a different word for this
  • morning mage (battle mage head ?) will be VLA 10/26 thru 10/29
  • i feeeeeel perfeeeeeection won
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5626 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Math has a pretty good scumgame (I was in the game that the quote in his sig is taken from), but it was pretty solid and conventional and the way he's playing here is anything but that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5627 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 5623, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 5614, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5612, Tayl0r Swift wrote:yesterday i was 40 pages behind and said id start reading from there. but then my motherboard died and now im another 50 pages behind. so im going to just read from here. sorry.
Claim. Now. You’re on E-1 from A50. Anything and everything. Right now.
uh really?
For all intents and purposes really.
claim.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5628 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 5626, Something_Smart wrote:Math has a pretty good scumgame (I was in the game that the quote in his sig is taken from), but it was pretty solid and conventional and the way he's playing here is anything but that.
Fits.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5629 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:42 pm

E-1 is misleading, but you are on his shortlist for execution and he did ask you to claim.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5630 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:43 pm

In post 5496, Almost50 wrote:
In post 5466, Morning Mage wrote:i dont think day ends with a majority
No, it doesn't. But it does end when I decide to execute someone (between Taylor & Chemist.. maybe shelly too), so I would like to ensure the BP is assigned before I do.

Now. here's a request:

@Tayl0r Swift
@Chemist
@shelly

You should all claim in your next post. It'd be better if you also provided a read list and any other final thoughts. Treat this as your final post of the game. Thank you.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5631 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5628, Bell wrote:
In post 5626, Something_Smart wrote:Math has a pretty good scumgame (I was in the game that the quote in his sig is taken from), but it was pretty solid and conventional and the way he's playing here is anything but that.
Fits.
I can’t believe I am arguing I am good scum what is the world coming to?

I am still sad I didn’t get noms for Gistou and Shadowrun. They are lengthy af to warn you.

If you want links lemme know. Otherwise just I am considered decent/good scum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5632 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Bell »

I have long accepted I will never get a title or a scummy.
I was nommed for my scum play as an alt once. But that's because I was an alt and I didn't get meta clobbered.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5633 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

titles and scummies are just a popularity thing.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5634 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Pretty much. But I am still sad about it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5635 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Bell »

I would like to apologize. I obviously started giving content today. But also, I am derailing and shit posting in a game that desperately needs to stay on task.

Go back to solving.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5636 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5635, Bell wrote:I would like to apologize. I obviously started giving content today. But also, I am derailing and shit posting in a game that desperately needs to stay on task.

Go back to solving.
Thoughts about end of day 2?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5637 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4801, Morning Mage wrote:ive had a think - i prefer a Pickaxe Pete flip out of the modconfscum group
I strongly prefer DDL from that group given I seem to be one of the few to have critically analyzed Pickaxe Pete's iso and looked at key indicators there that make me think town, and jjh being a townread by both mechanics and play. (I did hash out an explanation of this in the neighborhood pt, will make a public version when caught up.)
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5638 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 5636, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5635, Bell wrote:I would like to apologize. I obviously started giving content today. But also, I am derailing and shit posting in a game that desperately needs to stay on task.

Go back to solving.
Do you mean what I was thinking day 2 or what I think about day 2 now that it ended?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5639 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4805, Morning Mage wrote:
In post 2499, Gamma Emerald wrote:I am baffled by why DDl is getting SRed when he's being the most protown I've ever seen him be
I re-read Gamma ISO. Like a TGP flip.
I would like to note that Gamma defended DDL and did not attack Tayl0r for something that he should have attacked Tayl0r for (Menalque, the N1 probable-scum-nightkill, noted this!), so Gamma's iso implicates both of them;
DDL and Tayl0r were among Gamma's strongest defenders (and while, yes, town could and did defend Gamma as shown by both Almost50 and April, defending Gamma is still by and large a fairly reasonable scum indicator especially if you go out of your way to defend him when you're not someone who should have reason to), so their own isos implicate both of them.

Both of them would be among my top scum candidates; DDL being in a list of three that's guaranteed to contain one scum when I've decent reasons to townread the other two is the cherry on top of the already-existing reasons to scumread him.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5640 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5638, Bell wrote:
In post 5636, MathBlade wrote:

Go back to solving.
Do you mean what I was thinking day 2 or what I think about day 2 now that it ended?
I was meaning towards the end of day two what were you thinking?

Step me through it.

However if you wish to answer the latter go for it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5641 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Titus »

I am of the opinion that whomever A50 chooses to execute that we should execute DDL tomorrow. He's got too much baggage and he's just not worth risking the game over.

I'm willing to fight for my scumreads, but I have to realize, for the health of the thread, when I have lost that battle.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5642 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5641, Titus wrote:I am of the opinion that whomever A50 chooses to execute that we should execute DDL tomorrow. He's got too much baggage and he's just not worth risking the game over.

I'm willing to fight for my scumreads, but I have to realize, for the health of the thread, when I have lost that battle.
I just wish you’d quit thinking of it as a battle tbh.

Ddl and Pickaxe could very well both be scum.

What about the possibility that everyone’s right?

I am of the opinion one or the other but not both and jjh is 50% shot.

But that doesn’t mean I am wrong and try to insist.

If we go DDL tomorrow you’ll get some healthy wagon data.
Game sorely needs it.

Just let things happen naturally. VCA will be soooo much better
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5643 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

the correct play is for the day to go on and we keep talking and hunting but part of me is rdy for him to just eliminate someone.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5644 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5643, Nero Cain wrote:the correct play is for the day to go on and we keep talking and hunting but part of me is rdy for him to just eliminate someone.
Seconded but we need the claims.

Not happy Chemist and Taylor up and disappeared.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5645 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Bell »

I was thinking that S_S was scum because he felt slightly off in terms of tone and focus. And then I wasn't thinking that. His recent posts on this page in regards to his read of you are giving me a ton of mixed feelings. Because he's probably right. But I'm not sure if he's going for a town cred bonus or if he's just being helpful.
S_S is just generally helpful as town. I think that based on how he approaches that you can read him. When he initially got here this led to a scum read, but then slowly changed to a town read and now back to slightly town. Given the pool's relatively narrow on town/town aligned slots he doesn't make the cut. I have a stronger read on ShellyC than him rn.
I initially thought this game was multi-multiball with multiple scum teams, but that doesn't look like that's what's happening. Which probably makes this game easier because I find it very hard to differentiate between people when part of how I read games is based on whether people are fake solving or not.

I was thinking that Titus was buddying me as scum.
I was thinking that DDL might be scum beause based on his play not being terribly disimilar to what he normally played as.
I was thinking that Plus joyed was town because he accurately threw Meta at me.
At the time of the last day phase I was scum reading shellyc for a lack of empathy and pushing me in a way that was sort of frustrating so it was more emotionally based than I would like to admit.
I felt you were town getting into an argument that wasn't going to be very conducive to our win condition so I tried to soothe that to the best of my ability given my brain state.

I was thinking that Mastina wasn't being fair to April and he was probably flipping town based on the replace out, his frustration posts, tone not differing much from ongoing.
I was leaning slightly town on Mastina at this point, but and correct me if I'm wrong I believe mastina was originally named Mastin on this site? And based on very dated Meta I did not wish to underestimate their scum game even slightly and their strategizing so I was being careful in weighing them given my depressed brain.

I felt SB was looking better. Today he's clearly aligned with town interests.
I felt Nerocain looked swell and continues to look swell. I mean, he looks extremely scummy and if I were scum I would absolutely NK him.

I wasn't sure what to make of the set up chaos because depressed brain. I have had a pretty tough time keeping track of everything across the board. I can't really do anything about this though. It's just sad brains time and eventually it will fade as it always does and I'll be more hopeful.

I don't have the energy to edit this. I can't fully recall what else I was thinking at the time.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5646 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 5643, Nero Cain wrote:the correct play is for the day to go on and we keep talking and hunting but part of me is rdy for him to just eliminate someone.
There comes a point where the day just ends organically and more talking hurts town.

Once we get the remaining claims, the day will hit that point. So we should keep our talks to a minimum (which is why I didn't discuss my Chemist claim thoughts in public).
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5647 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4963, Bell wrote:Okay, maybe Titus is right about Pickaxe. He’s more natural as town.
His iso seems pretty natural to me; care to explain to the contrary?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5648 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5646, Titus wrote:
There comes a point where the day just ends organically and more talking hurts town.

Once we get the remaining claims, the day will hit that point. So we should keep our talks to a minimum (which is why I didn't discuss my Chemist claim thoughts in public).
Uhoh I agree with the Titus hood.

Quick someone scumread me please? *puppy dog eyes*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #5649 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

hi

sorry something happened and it diverted my attention but i'm back i guess

i barely read any of d1 but i picked titus because she was an active voice leading on the GE wagon and i was pretty much treating the role as if it were a watcher

n2 i picked math because he was a controversial slot and i wanted to see if i could get info based on who targeted him role-wise (even though at this point i acknowledged that it was pretty much useless, it's the best i'm gonna get out of this)
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”