He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5750 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5748, DrDolittle wrote:You wrote 5 paragraphs to say 5 words

Lean scum on chemists claim
What she just wrote is short for Mastina.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5751 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 5748, DrDolittle wrote:You wrote 5 paragraphs to say 5 words

Lean scum on chemists claim
It seems to work dude maybe you should try it and you’ll pick up a TR
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5752 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

FL was gaining momentum before he got frustrated and replaced out. But the mastina meta argument was disengenuous, that was fl s town meta and even a bad player like me noticed it
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5753 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 5740, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5739, DiamondSentinel wrote:Alright. That makes me feel a lot better about this. Titus' hood notwithstanding, I
really
don't like MM/SB's hood (I don't remember their third). While they may not be "scum", I don't think that they are town-aligned with their wincon at all. There are 2 of the 3 members who are super scummy.

PEdit: Hmm, with A50? Well, if they're not the "scum faction", I don't feel bad about thinking that they're a non-town aligned King (although is that an innate part of their role or did they get it from the peanut gallery?
Titus claimed it iirc.
That's what I thought, but I wasn't entirely certain. I do want a hard answer though about the nature of this kingmaker.
In post 5743, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 5739, DiamondSentinel wrote:Alright. That makes me feel a lot better about this. Titus' hood notwithstanding, I
really
don't like MM/SB's hood (I don't remember their third). While they may not be "scum", I don't think that they are town-aligned with their wincon at all. There are 2 of the 3 members who are super scummy.

PEdit: Hmm, with A50? Well, if they're not the "scum faction", I don't feel bad about thinking that they're a non-town aligned King (although is that an innate part of their role or did they get it from the peanut gallery?
HOW DUDE? HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW BASIC MECHANICAL INFO AT THIS STAGEEEEEEEEE
I don't write things down and this is nearly 6k posts in about 20 days. You can't hardly blame me for not keeping up with this 100% when you guys are constantly shitposting. Plus, my memory is notoriously bad about things. I am paying some semblance of attention and I keep a bit of the info in my mind, but I just have a hard time retaining it all.

Sue me.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5754 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 5753, DiamondSentinel wrote:I don't write things down and this is nearly 6k posts in about 20 days. You can't hardly blame me for not keeping up with this 100% when you guys are constantly shitposting. Plus, my memory is notoriously bad about things. I am paying some semblance of attention and I keep a bit of the info in my mind, but I just have a hard time retaining it all.

Sue me.
Im gonna not respond to this for my mental health
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5755 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5754, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 5753, DiamondSentinel wrote:I don't write things down and this is nearly 6k posts in about 20 days. You can't hardly blame me for not keeping up with this 100% when you guys are constantly shitposting. Plus, my memory is notoriously bad about things. I am paying some semblance of attention and I keep a bit of the info in my mind, but I just have a hard time retaining it all.

Sue me.
Im gonna not respond to this for my mental health
Tag. You’re tagged out sb.

I got this (or ask your hood mates). I will get him caught up if he asks something.

Besides more ways to hunt him.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5756 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5533, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 5531, Something_Smart wrote:Is there any context at all about what the reaction might mean? Why does that reaction not match up with April's claim?
it's indicative of what ability/abilities get used on the target
For the record.
Brand new thought that I never posted to the neighborhood, so y'all not in the neighborhood won't feel excluded, you out here get it first before even they do.

Nobody, to my knowledge.

Has pointed out this:
In post 5529, Chemist1422 wrote:titus n1 "glad to
see
it"
What are Action Investigation roles, including
watchers
voyeurs
, and yes Motion Detectors, generally depicted as flavorwise doing? You know.
Watching someone.
With your eyes.
As in.
Seeing
something.
Glad to
see

As in, hinting that Titus was visited by an Action Investigation role.

This leads me to feel that Misty really has the "glad to see" result on Titus.
The only question is whether she has it as town or has it as scum.

But I don't think she'd fakeclaim this detail then not be able to have interpreted it because apparently I am literally the first person in the game to have connected this dot.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5757 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

pat yoself on the back
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5758 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:05 pm

I won't have other questions until I hear about the nature of this kingmaker.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5759 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5539, jjh927 wrote:I need to finish the catchup and bring everything together. My gut is objectively wrong as it conflicts with info from this part of the game, so I don't think it's worth me putting any of those reads on paper at present
For the record, jjh.

I'm not gonna pull the same mistake as I did in Jingle's large and actively contribute to your death, but.

I will certainly swoop to the level of not defending you if I don't see you air your thoughts out, even if you know they're wrong.

I want to see what you're thinking even if it does conflict.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5760 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5382, Titus wrote:@Math, I am cooperating. There's only so far we can "cooperate". We're never going to be persuaded on arguments we know to be false.

You want to be heard on arguments we know to be false.
You want to feel like your arguments on things we know to be false have a chance.
We literally cannot give you that chance without being antitown.

You want to feel heard on mastina scum by the council of 7.
The council knows that to be false.

Because of this, you dig your heels in deeper because we won't cooperate and explain.

There's a difference between not trusting our claims and tossing our reads out because of us townreading each other. Nero and I strongly disagree with our reads on you. That's ok. We're both town.

You do nothing to persuade Nero that you're town by insisting we must cooperate, when we've done literally all we can. I have depants where I could (even to when I arguably shouldn't regarding the kingmaker protecting A50).

I'd love to discuss my SS read with you. It has nothing to do with the 3p situation (minus them buddying you).
@DS
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5761 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5562, MathBlade wrote:Didn’t you literally just say play is null?
Not exactly.
I said I felt jjh's relative inactivity, jjh's lurkiness, jjh's lack of contributions to the game, jjh's lack of overall content, which is the majority of his 'play' this game, is null, because I don't think it is an accurate indicator of his alignment, even though it used to be.

I feel that what little content/play he has given in spite of the inactivity, lurkiness, and lack of contributions, does indicate loosely town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5762 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5563, superbowl9 wrote:This makes sense and I agree with it but I'm still reserving a doubt card after your april thing :P
This is fair and I deserve the doubt. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5763 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5574, MathBlade wrote:She said by play (no qualifiers null)
Then she said by play (no qualifiers) town. There is something up with that.
Because the first did have a qualifier, about jjh's lurkiness. His lack of activity doesn't tell me his alignment; what he has done, does.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5764 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5761, mastina wrote:
In post 5562, MathBlade wrote:Didn’t you literally just say play is null?
Not exactly.
I said I felt jjh's relative inactivity, jjh's lurkiness, jjh's lack of contributions to the game, jjh's lack of overall content, which is the majority of his 'play' this game, is null, because I don't think it is an accurate indicator of his alignment, even though it used to be.

I feel that what little content/play he has given in spite of the inactivity, lurkiness, and lack of contributions, does indicate loosely town.
Way too long a time for no content. Lurker is pretty much autoscum for me. Especially with how many 3Ps exist.

Jjh needs to pull a miracle for me to see him as town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #5765 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 5764, MathBlade wrote:Lurker is pretty much autoscum for me. Especially with how many 3Ps exist
haven't we established as a site that activity level is a horrible way to judge alignment?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5766 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5765, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 5764, MathBlade wrote:Lurker is pretty much autoscum for me. Especially with how many 3Ps exist
haven't we established as a site that activity level is a horrible way to judge alignment?
Lurker in a theme = autodeath? That was the rules a year ago ish.

Did that change?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5767 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5603, MathBlade wrote:How did your reads change?
Soft-reset on the majority of players.

Before you might've noted that all of {you, jjh, shelly} with potential additions of {Something_Smart, TheGoldenParadox} were hard-locked as the highest tier of conftown, up with the actual conftown tier in spite of no mechanical reasons for you to belong in that tier.

None of those five were completely above suspicion, nor are they even now, although I just so happen to maintain my belief that both you and Something_Smart are far more likely to be town than scum and feel jjh's reasons for being town are still good.

Slots like shelly, GoldenParadox, Bell, Misty, and probably more got pretty definitely reevaluated.
I softened up on Tayl0r being scum because I was more willing to acknowledge the towniness in Tayl0r's posts in spite of the very very scum-indicative interactions from both Tayl0r's end (hard Gamma defender) and Gamma's end (not pushing Tayl0r when he should have pushed her).

Basically everyone in the non-conftown pile got reevaluated with me resolving to not push hard for my stance over any of them, but I also didn't want to go silent, so when I disagree I'm voicing my disagreements and explaining why but trying not to
push
that stance.

I did give extensive thoughts on most players in the neighborhood, again, fully intended to show them to you right now but am too tired to eloquently push them.

A tl;dr version tho, outside the seven confirmed players, this was what I came up with towniest to scummiest, loosely speaking. (I really don't want it to just be a readslist, but it'll have to do.)

Mathblade (you're in my "removed from execution candidacy" list right now)
Something_Smart (also removed from execution candidacy in my opinion)

jjh927
Pickaxe Pete
(Personally I'd remove from candidacy if not for being in the list of three; both jjh and Pickaxe Pete I feel are town)

DiamondSentinel
TheGoldenParadox
(Not removed, but among the least likely of the names: could flip scum, but are less likely to than others here)

Bell
(hard to get locked down)

shellyc/samantha97
Chemist1422/Christøpher
Tayl0r Swift
(Among the most likely)

DrDolittle
(by far the most likely to flip scum)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5768 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Cool it seemed like you hadn’t reset so I was concerned. This is good. I don’t agree with some of it, but it’s good to know you actually reset or are really good at faking it (less and less likely).
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5769 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Bell »

Ordinary town/King Doris Donnatello's Army.
NorwegianBoyee -
MathBlade-
shellyc-
Something_Smart-
Chemist1422- Gosippee: N1 target Titus. N2 Target: ?
jjh927 - Aesthetic
Tayl0r Swift - VT
Pickaxe Pete-
DiamondSentinel-
TheGoldenParadox-
DrDolittle-

Flips:
Gamma: King Doris Donnaello's army: 1 Shot alien
Ban Hydras: Killed N1. VT.
Menalque: Killed N1. Town tracker.
AprilLudgate: Eliminated D2. Town motion detector. N1 target Titus.
PlusJoyed: Killed N2. disloyal odd-night alignment cop inventor.

The Council: Not confirmed town to one another. They deduced that they were all town.
Win condition: Slight conflicting accounts: Stated at least one of them must be on every scum elimination.

They have two PT's: One for Nerocain, Mastina and Titus and a separate neighborhood with Nerocain, mastina, titus, A50 and NorwegianBoyee.
Titus: Neighborizor.
Mastina:mason(?) tracker-inventor N2 doctor. N1: Made Mena a tracker. N2: ? That's fine.
Nerocain: Some sort of god king hammer giver.
A50: Recruited N1. Still considered town+ and their win condition has not been altered.
Norwegianboyee: Recruited N2. Mechanically cleared. Still considered town and their win condition has not been altered?

Gouthwits health interns: Confirmed town+ to one another.
Win Condition: More closely aligned with town's win condition than the councils'.
Morning Mage.
A50
SB

Am I missing anything?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5770 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5615, Bell wrote:I'm trying to figure out which people are town rebelling and which one's are scum pretending to be town rebelling. DDL fits neatly into the latter.
Agreed.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5771 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:35 pm

In post 5769, Bell wrote:Ordinary town/King Doris Donnatello's Army.
NorwegianBoyee -
MathBlade-
shellyc-
Something_Smart-
jjh927 - Aesthetic
Tayl0r Swift - VT
Pickaxe Pete-
DiamondSentinel-
TheGoldenParadox-
DrDolittle-

Flips:

The Council: Not confirmed town to one another. They deduced that they were all town.
Win condition: Slight conflicting accounts: Stated at least one of them must be on every scum elimination.

They have two PT's: One for Nerocain, Mastina and Titus and a separate neighborhood with Nerocain, mastina, titus, A50 and NorwegianBoyee.
Mastina:mason(?) tracker-inventor N2 doctor. N1: Made Mena a tracker. N2: ? That's fine.
A50: Recruited N1. Still considered town+ and their win condition has not been altered.
Norwegianboyee: Recruited N2. Mechanically cleared. Still considered town and their win condition has not been altered?

Win Condition: More closely aligned with town's win condition than the councils'.
Morning Mage.
A50
SB

Am I missing anything?
See look. Why would I take notes when someone else will do it for me.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5772 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:36 pm

Although jeez. Some of that is stuff that I'd never read. Really shows how fucking awful all this posting has been.
“Why was I chosen?'
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5773 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5769, Bell wrote:Ordinary town/King Doris Donnatello's Army.
NorwegianBoyee -
MathBlade-
shellyc-
Something_Smart-
jjh927 - Aesthetic
Tayl0r Swift - VT
Pickaxe Pete-
DiamondSentinel-
TheGoldenParadox-
DrDolittle-

Flips:

Morning Mage.
A50
SB

Am I missing anything?
Council doesn’t have its own wincon.

The A50 hood has one
And The Titus hood has one
These may or may not be the same.

Recruitment into a hood cannot change your wincon ever.

The idea is that we gotta focus on the non 3Ps

Some of those powers in the Titus hood I think were general faction abilities. I don’t remember which. Since they all claim to share the same alignment think of them as one player multitasking.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5774 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

N2 Target they claimed is me. No idea if it’s true or not.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”