TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #5775 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 3422, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3266, Bell wrote:I think s_s would be more engaged with all the claims/ set up spec if town here.
what's to talk about? it's a schadd game, you can't setup spec it on day 2, or at all really.
In post 5076, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5061, Nero Cain wrote:S_S you don't seem to be hunting much
look if I'm given the opportunity to engage fully in a game through exclusively mechanics discussion, I'm taking it ninety-nine times out of a hundred.

I am not good at hunting (and I missed an entire day), but I am good at mechanics, and this game needs all the mechanics help it can get.
this progression from SS pings me quite hard and i don't like it at all. d2 he barely engages with setup spec discussion, then does an absolutely massive flip d3 despite not REALLY that much new information. then he uses that as an excuse to not have reads and not hunt. maybe i'm in the minority here, but SS is pinging me very, very hard.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5776 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

To be fair I think Chemists N2 of me is true.

I just can’t confirm it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5777 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:41 pm

In post 5766, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5765, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 5764, MathBlade wrote:Lurker is pretty much autoscum for me. Especially with how many 3Ps exist
haven't we established as a site that activity level is a horrible way to judge alignment?
Lurker in a theme = autodeath? That was the rules a year ago ish.

Did that change?
i haven't seen this ever, but i'm also far less experienced than you and have been away a similar time/longer, so i'm not sure?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5778 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:42 pm

In post 5716, DrDolittle wrote:I frankly don't think donatellos army is as big of a threat as the "conf town 3p crew"
shoot me. now.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5779 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:42 pm

^^that was hyperbole, a50 don't ACTUALLY shoot me :lol:
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5780 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5779, TheGoldenParadox wrote:^^that was hyperbole, a50 don't ACTUALLY shoot me :lol:
I’m actually okay with TGP being the shot but it’s unlikely since he didn’t ask for your claim.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5781 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 5775, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 3422, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3266, Bell wrote:I think s_s would be more engaged with all the claims/ set up spec if town here.
what's to talk about? it's a schadd game, you can't setup spec it on day 2, or at all really.
In post 5076, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5061, Nero Cain wrote:S_S you don't seem to be hunting much
look if I'm given the opportunity to engage fully in a game through exclusively mechanics discussion, I'm taking it ninety-nine times out of a hundred.

I am not good at hunting (and I missed an entire day), but I am good at mechanics, and this game needs all the mechanics help it can get.
this progression from SS pings me quite hard and i don't like it at all. d2 he barely engages with setup spec discussion, then does an absolutely massive flip d3 despite not REALLY that much new information. then he uses that as an excuse to not have reads and not hunt. maybe i'm in the minority here, but SS is pinging me very, very hard.
Missed this. Thank you.

Back to the scum corner S_S goes.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5782 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I would rather ddl be the shot but tgp isn’t bad either.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5783 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5645, Bell wrote:I was leaning slightly town on Mastina at this point, but and correct me if I'm wrong I believe mastina was originally named Mastin on this site?
Correct. I was both Mastin and mastin2, tho notably, I have changed with time and each account was remarkably different in very very very major ways.

And even on this account, there's been a major shift.

Notably: scumastina was an absolutely terrifyingly good scum player for years upon years. As mastin2 I was good, and when I switched to mastina, I was just as good if not better. I believe it was 2018 or so that was the year of scumastina where she got scum almost every single game and in spite of being town in a minority of games, performed incredibly well in most of those scumgames with none of them being really the same as the other.

...But then I lost something inside of me. I don't know what I lost, but some time after 2018, scumastina just
died
, because from 2019 and continuing into 2020, I've just. Never had a good scumgame; things that used to never apply to her scumgame, now do. Like, legitimately, for years upon years upon years I insisted that activity was not a tell for me, that me being inactive was not a scumtell...because for years upon years it wasn't, I was just as inactive if not more as town than as scum...but at some point...
I legitimately became inactive as scum
, and I don't know how, don't know why, but I've never been able to be an active scum player playing at my high level since 2018. Not had a single good scumgame since then. It's like instead of being really damn good at the game regardless of alignment, I traded it for being slightly better at town than I was before but significantly worse as scum. (And yes, I am overall, legitimately slightly better as town and I feel overall that I
am
a very strong town player. Fairly good at looking town, fairly accurate reads overall, and fairly able to get people to follow me on those reads. But being better doesn't make me perfect as I still have fuckups. Like April. :shifty: )
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5784 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Bell »

This is one of those things where like,

We can eliminate DDL whenever, but we only get one GodKing Hammer and I'm not sure if we should go for safety or for the 360 noscope from N50.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5785 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 5743, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 5739, DiamondSentinel wrote:Alright. That makes me feel a lot better about this. Titus' hood notwithstanding, I
really
don't like MM/SB's hood (I don't remember their third). While they may not be "scum", I don't think that they are town-aligned with their wincon at all. There are 2 of the 3 members who are super scummy.

PEdit: Hmm, with A50? Well, if they're not the "scum faction", I don't feel bad about thinking that they're a non-town aligned King (although is that an innate part of their role or did they get it from the peanut gallery?
HOW DUDE? HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW BASIC MECHANICAL INFO AT THIS STAGEEEEEEEEE
WHAT IS YOUR WIN CON
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5786 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Bell »

Taylor.
Why can't I read you or the Bulge.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5787 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5667, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5666, Nero Cain wrote:why was a vt claim "ewwww", math?
It’s how she said it.
I actually fully agree with Mathblade on this--
There is nothing wrong with Tayl0r Swift claiming VT.

The way she did so, however, looks incredibly like scum.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5788 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5784, Bell wrote:This is one of those things where like,

We can eliminate DDL whenever, but we only get one GodKing Hammer and I'm not sure if we should go for safety or for the 360 noscope from N50.
Almost50 May kill me for answering this early but this game feels very don’t count your chickens while before they are hatched.

Sure a god hammer has its reasons but in this case with mechanical info it’s better to go for the safe play even if it hits town.
The main issue is if A50 god hammers then we are no better off no wagon data.

Say he hits scum, we lose all the “who was protecting X” and “who was tunneling X” a day gives.

Mafia is built around those concepts before powers before anything.

So while I want to shoot TGP, I would shoot DDL 9/10 times
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5789 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:54 pm

Post by Bell »

Yeah, I suppose as town I should want him to go for the safe option.

We could give him the Vest I guess and just let him do the safe thing and then lead the town to victory tomorrow.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5790 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5789, Bell wrote:Yeah, I suppose as town I should want him to go for the safe option.

We could give him the Vest I guess and just let him do the safe thing and then lead the town to victory tomorrow.
I have my reasons for saying this but A50 wants Norway to have the vest Norway gets it.

I have a feeling the hoods will be good. Just pretend they don’t exist except for reads.

A lot of this mechanics is noise.

Just pretend it’s vanilla.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5791 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 5786, Bell wrote:Taylor.
Why can't I read you or the Bulge.
because you take my posts seriously
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5792 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 5787, mastina wrote:
In post 5667, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5666, Nero Cain wrote:why was a vt claim "ewwww", math?
It’s how she said it.
I actually fully agree with Mathblade on this--
There is nothing wrong with Tayl0r Swift claiming VT.

The way she did so, however, looks incredibly like scum.
eh claiming is awkward and forced and so i sound awkward and forced. i become very self-aware when claiming and panic a little, even when theres no reason to.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5793 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5704, Nero Cain wrote:counterpoint: S_S's claim to fame is a mechanical wiz. Do you really feel like town him wouldn't recognize what the setup is designed as?
Hasn't he?

I feel like Something_Smart has been quite vocal about his distrust for us and belief that this distrust in us is not wrong and is what was intended of the setup--that's mechanical prowess, not a lack of it.

The shortcoming is in not realizing that the setup becomes townsided if that distrust doesn't happen. And I don't think that shortcoming is inherently from scum.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5794 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Bell »

He explicitly said he wasn't gunna get into town set up spec before then going into set up spec when it would out him in a badish position not to.
He's not wrong, but giving up the ghost of set up spec because it's a shadd game is a very, very odd defense.
He even dropped some meta on Mathblade's head (a read) when he just said he probably wouldn't or doesn't like giving reads.

He's contradicting himself a lot. Normally, I wouldn't find this scummy/easy fruit but for a variety of reasons I can't quite articulate this might be one of those exceptions to the rule.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5795 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5708, Bell wrote:I feel like later Mastina's going to do a post-reveal about why I'm town or something.
Eh I do tend to townread players who make points that resonate with me even if I later change my mind, which has contributed to townreads on slots like you, shellyc (I feel like shellyc is going to be rather disappointed in me that she's not in my top town in spite of having resonating thoughts with me, I promise I will try to explain that later), GoldenParadox, and probably more, and a lot of what you do/say does look town beyond me agreeing with a fair amount of what you say but I can't nail things down for sure, can't tell that you're definitively town, but do lean that way.
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5796 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

I feel condescended to with all of this talk of inclusion and exclusion.
Pickaxe Pete
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Pickaxe Pete
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5797 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Pickaxe Pete »

That's all I got right now. Bad day.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5798 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5796, Pickaxe Pete wrote:I feel condescended to with all of this talk of inclusion and exclusion.
Condescended? How so?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5799 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Bell »

No, I mean you cut me out entirely from a list by MM. Where he said he suspected me for pretty vanilla reasons. While responding to the rest.

But I don't care if I'm cleared or not really. I feel like I'm doing fine?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”