GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #6250 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 6246, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 6243, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 6239, Bell wrote:Scum equity, lamist and rule of 3 are the 3 things I do not like.
This post is LAMIST and i think Bell has high scum equity right now.
Can I get one more piece of analysis here? 2 just isnt enough...
Yeah it’s post 6243. And according to rule of 3, (the number 3 is in that post count) and the fact that they bring up 3 points showcases that they are definitely definitely mafioso.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6251 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:13 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 6245, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 6242, jjh927 wrote:Oh no, I have no intention of dying and I do acknowledge that I'm highly unlikely to be scumkilled right now
Great glad we can agree that your last post was pointless posturing then
No, we can't agree that- your post assumed I would die and I ran with your assumption
You're the one doing the pointless posturing- I note that you regularly find some generic crap to call scummy that doesn't actually work to find scum in half my posts without looking at any further context, and call it out in a one liner. Pointless posturing isn't a scumtell either
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6252 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:14 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 6249, MathBlade wrote:
In post 6247, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6232, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 6221, jjh927 wrote:At this stage, I think the scumteam is most likely to be DDL, Taylor, DS, and one of TGP and S_S.
Remember to rule of 3 this
How do you rule of 3 something with 5 names in it
Rule of three says anytime scum list three or more people at least one is scum (little more complicated than that but close enough)
Ty it’s not 3 ppl in this list are scum its since there’s a group of people in this list there’s at least 1 scum in it.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6253 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:15 am

Post by jjh927 »

Do you want to rule of 3 it right now?
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6254 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:16 am

Post by jjh927 »

That's the logical follow on here rather than using every opportunity to restate your scumread on me

If I'm town, my reads are better than yours
If I'm scum, hurrdurr rule of 3
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #6255 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don’t think JJ is likely scum. Maybe they could be ascetic SK or something. But unless we get a bunch of double kills i wouldn’t worry about it.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6256 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6249, MathBlade wrote:Rule of three says anytime scum list three or more people at least one is scum (little more complicated than that but close enough)
I thought it was exactly three and exactly one. I guess this can be the Weak Rule of Three and the exact version can be the Strong Rule of Three.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6257 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Bell »

It's just tiring because scum equity doesn't make sense with the word equity.

If equity is the perceived value of a stock sold by a company. Scum equity doesn't make any sense. Because this implies that their value as scum is high. Which ????

Rule of 3 is just the 1 scum off wagon, 1 scum on wagon shorthand it's not a good rule of thumb.

Lamist just feels like another way of saying too town to be town. ~

Anyway!~

Mod should be here soonish.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #6258 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 6257, Bell wrote:It's just tiring because scum equity doesn't make sense with the word equity.

If equity is the perceived value of a stock sold by a company. Scum equity doesn't make any sense. Because this implies that their value as scum is high. Which ????
Is there another word i can use which makes me feel cool and fancy but makes more sense?

- Bunno
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6259 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:18 am

Post by jjh927 »

Lamist is really tooting your own horn about why you're town
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6260 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:18 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 6251, jjh927 wrote:
In post 6245, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 6242, jjh927 wrote:Oh no, I have no intention of dying and I do acknowledge that I'm highly unlikely to be scumkilled right now
Great glad we can agree that your last post was pointless posturing then
No, we can't agree that- your post assumed I would die and I ran with your assumption
You're the one doing the pointless posturing- I note that you regularly find some generic crap to call scummy that doesn't actually work to find scum in half my posts without looking at any further context, and call it out in a one liner. Pointless posturing isn't a scumtell either
Ah yes I must pointlessly posture to prove I’m not scum here. I try not to push elims I think have a low chance of getting through to maintain good gamestates but I’m not going to let you scumpost for free. Although if you think i’ve been calling you out unjustly without making a fuss wouldn’t that mean you’re avoiding interactions?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6261 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6257, Bell wrote:Rule of 3 is just the 1 scum off wagon, 1 scum on wagon shorthand it's not a good rule of thumb.
No it's not, that's something else. Rule of Three I know is if scum mention three people together then it's more likely exactly one of them is scum.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6262 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 am

Post by jjh927 »

Actually I tend to respond to the meaningless callouts with as little effort as they are made
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #6263 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Has scum TMI’d that DDL will flip scum yet?

- Bunno
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6264 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 6250, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 6246, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 6243, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 6239, Bell wrote:Scum equity, lamist and rule of 3 are the 3 things I do not like.
This post is LAMIST and i think Bell has high scum equity right now.
Can I get one more piece of analysis here? 2 just isnt enough...
Yeah it’s post 6243. And according to rule of 3, (the number 3 is in that post count) and the fact that they bring up 3 points showcases that they are definitely definitely mafioso.
illuminati confirmed?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6265 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:23 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 6225, jjh927 wrote:
In post 6223, MathBlade wrote:^ Scum who knows Chemist flips town?
Nope
See this for example

I could have elaborated much further, and gone into detail on how if I was scum I probably wouldn't have ran with a weak opposition there because that doesn't actually get any towncred at all and in fact attracts gawkers who look for shit like this. A hard resistance would work better here because given my status within the current gamestate, nobody would actually listen to me if that lynch was gonna go through at any point. Assumptions have been made here that should not have been made and do not track with actual behavior in practice, but the accusation is made with little effort and as many such are made on a regular basis I have little time or care for rebutting every single one- plus it will inevitably follow with someone like yourself asking why I am so defensive, when I am in fact critiquing your playstyle and thought process
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6266 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Bell »

In post 6261, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6257, Bell wrote:Rule of 3 is just the 1 scum off wagon, 1 scum on wagon shorthand it's not a good rule of thumb.
No it's not, that's something else. Rule of Three I know is if scum mention three people together then it's more likely exactly one of them is scum.
I was noting the two's logic as being similar in construction.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6267 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 6263, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Has scum TMI’d that DDL will flip scum yet?
fuck im so upset that they caught ddl today. what are we gonna do now guys?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6268 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

oops, wrong thread
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6269 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:25 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 6257, Bell wrote:It's just tiring because scum equity doesn't make sense with the word equity.

Nah equity here refers to the poker definition which is correct in this context
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #6270 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Bell »

I have looked up this meaning of equity in regards to poker and it makes more sense.

You could say that "at this point in time(or game state), the chances that X will flip scum is high. " = X has high scum equity.

I learned something new today. Thanks Sb.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #6271 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 6270, Bell wrote:I have looked up this meaning of equity in regards to poker and it makes more sense.

You could say that "at this point in time(or game state), the chances that X will flip scum is high. " = X has high scum equity.

I will keep using that word then.

- Bunno
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6272 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:32 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 6253, jjh927 wrote:Do you want to rule of 3 it right now?
Got it so I should try to partner hunt while I still haven't confirmed your alignment
In post 6254, jjh927 wrote:That's the logical follow on here rather than using every opportunity to restate your scumread on me

If I'm town, my reads are better than yours
If I'm scum, hurrdurr rule of 3
Got it so I should sheep you if you're town and not search for your partners if you're scum.

Oh and I shouldn't try to create interactions with you, just assume you're scum and move straight to partner hunting. Wow you're a mafia genius dude!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6273 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

You make me so happy when you use poker analogies :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6274 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:33 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 6270, Bell wrote:I have looked up this meaning of equity in regards to poker and it makes more sense.

Yeah, i've only ever heard it used here or in poker with hand equity so i assume a lot of ppl think it's the normal equity. Glad I could help!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”