he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Mizzytastic's Large Normal Review, October 2020

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by implosion »

Mizzytastic wrote:
In post 3050, Mizzytastic wrote:/in to mod large, the worst quackup modding again
The Setup15:4:1

Rolestopper
Role Watcher
Lazy Roleblocker
Novice Combined Doctor Tracker
Universal Backup
10* VT

Rolecop
1-shot Strongman
1-shot Ninja
1-shot Bulletproof

Non-consecutive Nights Commuter Serial Killer

The design ideasMy initial ideas were I wanted to run a large, I wanted a serial killer, and I wanted all the 'role' roles. I will be happy with pretty much any passing design that retains all these features.

I thought non-consecutive commuting gave the serial killer a more interesting choice for protecting themselves gameplay wise than some amount of bulletproof, and leaves the mafia strongman shot for town protection which there is quite a bit of.

The other mafia roles give the mafia some idea of what to expect out of the rest of the setup. I would be running all 3 as passives that fire the first time their condition is met so it gives the mafia an interesting decision of trying to preserve their shots for when they need them.

Mafia + SK can go back for town quickly. I felt like they needed an additional protective, and an investigative that interacted with the ninja, and I thought making them combined would create a powerful role the town need while giving interesting choices of who to target when you probably want to target different people with different parts of your role. The UB is likely to pick up a 'role' role and keep the focus on that design idea.

Possible changesI'm still worried this game is a bit scumsided, but didn't want to cut down on the townies much more. I'd vastly prefer changes to be made to the UB or the doc-tracker, but am ok with losing the lazy on the rb if town just needs more power, or gating the 'role' roles if I'm wrong and it's too townsided. A particular place I'm worried is town perhaps not having enough investigatives/clears, and if you think it's best to keep as is and add more town power I'd consider a pair of masons or an activated IC over another night action. I'd initially considered a weak role for more investigation + protection, but thought there were enough kills going around as is.

For reducing strength on the mafia side, my ideas are make all the 1-shots into a single JOAT who has to choose if and when to use stuff or making the bulletproof into a traitor instead (maybe the mafia know the traitor is bulletproof to create wifom about any failed nightkills). I'm also ok with changing this to an X:3:1 setup but would prefer that was a last resort.

I think commuting is a neat take on SK protection but understand if it's not appropriate.

Stuff I need clarified
  • Is there an NAR-correct answer on what happens if someone protects the bulletproof mafia. My take would be rolestopper first (cos it blocks everything), then bulletproof (it's a passive), then doc (it's an active)
  • I don't know if the lazy rb should know how many scum to look for before lazy, or if the sk should be public knowledge in general
  • I mention an activated IC in my possible changes. Would a UB inheriting from an activated IC be automatically confirmed, get to activate again, or the activation is like a one-shot and it's gone for good?

I'll get the role pms and stuff done when the setup is finished cos I just came off wrapping up my previous game. You can find that game here and a list of all the threads to see what my take on that stuff looks like here.
Last edited by implosion on Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by implosion »

Primary: Flavor Leaf
Secondary: Ircher
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by implosion »

This is heading into signups then, as the bulge's is still in review.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”